What happened here?

I fell in love for my bodyguard

Jinki put his hands on the door handles and heard another shot, he pushed the doors were opened, the thud top of them banging against the walls did Jinki cringe a little, but nothing was compared to what he was seeing in his father's office. His mouth dropped open in complete shock, the words seemed to have escaped from his mind and the only thing that Jinki could do was look at the body lying on the floor.

Minho stood back to him with the gun in hand, still pointed at the body of Kyuhyun who was lying at his feet. Myungdae was standing behind the table pale and wide-eyed, and a gun was stuck in Kyuhyun's hand.

Myungdae's eyes slid out of the bodyguard's body and faced Jinki's eyes that were wide. "J-Jinki-goon?"

That seemed to take Jinki out of shock, blinking a few times he noted Minho tense and turn around looking at him, wide eyes narrowed for a few seconds and Jinki was waiting to be driven away by the older to be there, but he did not did it, did anything, just stood there looking at him.

A few minutes of tension passed between them, Jinki was trying to understand what was going on, why Kyuhyun appeared to be dead, why it seemed like Minho had shot him and why his father was standing there doing nothing.

"What...?"

Minho blinked and put the gun in the holster that was hidden inside his jacket, he immediately grimaced and Jinki watched the older shudder a little.

"Y-you're hurt?" He finally asked leaving the place and taking a few steps toward Minho.

"I don't know." He said looking at the fallen body.

"What... what happened here?"

"Minho!"

Jinki turned looking at the door, Jonghyun and some officers were standing there, he frowned in confusion when he saw them coming into the office.

"I arrived late." Jonghyun said past Jinki and looking at Kyuhyun's body.

"It was inevitable, or I did that or the result would be much worse. Why took you so long?"

Jonghyun snorted. "It was hard to leave the police station with them without attracting anyone's attention." He said pointing to the officers behind him.

Minho sighed turning his back to Jinki again and looked at the body at his feet. "That was not my intention."

Jonghyun patted Minho's shoulder. "I know that it wasn't, it was self-defense, was not it?"

"Yes and Lee-ssi is here as a witness."

Myungdae seemed to get out of the stupor and looked at Minho and Jonghyun who were standing in the middle of the office. The officers who had entered with Jonghyun walked from one side to the other doing things that Jinki was not even paying attention. Setting the posture, he came out from behind the table.

"Minho-ssi saved me." He said looking at the fallen body.

"That's all I needed to hear Lee-ssi, now why didn't you go with one of my men out there? He will talk to you and explain everything you need to do." Jonghyun said softly, as if trying to get close to a skittish animal.

Myungdae snorted and passed Jonghyun and Jinki following the officer who held the door open for him.

Jinki blinked looking at everything without reaction, he did not even know how to react to what all was going on and it looked like Jonghyun and Minho were simply ignoring him.

"Hyung?"

Minho and Jonghyun turned to him at once, both with raised eyebrow waiting for Jinki continue.

"I... what happened?"

Before he even realize what he was doing, Jinki met Minho hugging him tight, he was afraid, he was scared and he did not know if it was because of Minho or by his father, but let's agree that his father never cared much about him, and the older was all in his life.

Minho hugged him back, bringing him even closer. "I'm sorry you've seen it, you should be home now Jinki-yah." He murmured.

"I-I know, but I needed to talk to my father and then I heard the shots and ran here and when I came in... what happened?"

"Kyuhyun tried to kill his father when he realized that Minho-yah would not." Jonghyun said looking at the two.

Jinki gasped. "What? Y-you would kill my father?"

"I will... I'll let you two talk." Jonghyun said leaving the office.

They looked at the officer who went out and closed the door.

"You have something to tell me?"

Minho sighed moving away from Jinki and sat on the couch that was in the corner of the office, he followed the older and sat too.

"When I was kidnapped, I received a condition to get out alive from there. I'd have to kill your father to Chulmoo stay in his place in the presidency, since they knew you would have no interest in that. His goal has always been to take his father from here and since he could not do that threatening you, he left for an easier way."

"Are you telling me that Chulmoo wanted you killed my father? And if that was the only condition to get you out of there alive, it means that you accepted?"

"Yes, I told him I would kill Myungdae-ssi and then run away with you."

"What?" He asked with wide eyes. "Hyung I..."

"Jinki-yah, you really think I would do that, would I kill your father? I would never do that, not even my life depended on it. "

"Then why..."

"He gave me time to think and that time I realized that I had a chance to get out alive from there and being able to arrest the right people. I didn't intend to kill Kyuhyun-hyung, although he was Chulmoo's stepson and he was involved with all this, but when I said I would not kill his father, he decided he would do it himself."

"And he really shot."

"Yes, but he didn't shot his father." He said looking at the door.

Jinki followed Minho's gaze and saw a bullet hole in the wall, his eyes widened with realization. "He tried to kill you."

Minho shrugged and shivered a little. "I really don't know what went through his mind, maybe he wanted to kill me and then kill Myungdae-ssi, but he missed."

"He did?"

The older frowned. "What do you mean?"

Jinki approached Minho and pressed his fingers against his shoulder that flinched at the touch, he looked at his fingers and then showed to the older. "As I had imagined, you have been injured."

Minho looked at Jinki's fingers dirty blood and then looked at his shoulder, pulling his jacket they saw the red stain. "I had not even realized it."

Jinki pulled Minho's jacket out and began to open the buttons of his shirt, he quickly pushed it out of the way and looked at the elder’s shoulder, which had a small hole, it was more like a burn mark there.

"Luckily you got a shot grazed, but still I think you need to take some stitches."

"After I go to the hospital, I have more important things to do."

"Oh yes, as bleed to death." He said snorting.

Minho laughed closing his shirt buttons. "Don't overreact Jinki-yah."

"I'm not, how long it's been that you're bleeding? A loss of blood continues one hour will begin to affect you and as I know how stubborn you are, let's avoid all this and let's go to the hospital now. I can sew it for you."

"A doctor boyfriend who is demanding and exaggerated, I'm lucky, right?"

Jinki snorted and stood up pulling Minho with him. "Come on, you can tell Jonghyun-hyung where you're going, I'm sure he can be without you for some time."

"And it's also bossy." He said amused.

It made him laugh. "Shut up and let's go."

Outside of Jinki's father's office was much calmer than he thought, Jonghyun was sitting with another officer and Myungdae, they talked down, almost as if they were whispering to each other.

"What's happening there?"

Minho looked at the three talking and then to Jinki. "They're probably combining your father's testimony."

"How so?"

"We need to talk, but not here and not now." He said moving away from Jinki. "Jonghyun-ssi?"

Jonghyun turned looking at them and apologizing moving away from the other two. "Hey."

"I was shot grazed and I need to go to hospital." He said with a shrug.

Jonghyun's eyes widened. "You were? God, why didn't you tell me before?"

"Because not even he noticed it." Jinki said snorting. "Later he goes to the police station, now we're going."

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow and snorted amused.

"What?" Jinki asked mildly irritated.

"Nothing, you can go, later I'll call you Minho-ssi." He said patting Minho's shoulder who nodded.

Jinki took Minho to the hospital, the two fell into a silence somewhat comfortable, a silence that he was already used to being, as the older did not talk much. But that does not mean that Jinki was too much comfortable, he actually was a nervous wreck, he wanted to know what had happened, he wanted to know everything from when Minho had been kidnapped by the henchmen of Chulmoo, and only had a way of make the older talk.

"Lee-ssi, today are not your day off?"

Jinki smiled at the nurse, that smile he learned what makes women's legs – and some men – like jelly. "I am, but I need to get some things I forgot in the rest room, has no problems if I go there, right?"

"If you're quick, I don't see any problem."

"Thank you, I'll take my bodyguard with me, okay?"

The nurse smiled and nodded and quickly Jinki left going towards the elevator.

"You are using your charm to lie now Lee-ssi?" He whispered.

Jinki looked at Minho and tried to stifle a smile. "Not lying, I only didn't tell the whole truth."

"Right, now it changed name then."

Laughing Jinki nudged Minho, but the older did not outline any reaction and he frowned following his eyes. Changsun was coming to him with a strange expression between happiness and strangeness.

"Jinki-yah, what are you doing here today?"

"Hyung, you showed up on time, you're busy?"

Changsun looked at his watch. "No, I'm still on my break time."

"Great, then you will help me."

"With what exactly?"

The elevator doors opened and Jinki pushed Changsun in and pulled Minho by his hand.

"My bodyguard was shot and I need to take care of him."

Changsun raised an eyebrow and looked at Minho who stood without saying a word. "We're recording a drama or something? You know he just need to go to the emergency room and... "

"I know hyung, but I want to do this and we have no time to protocols. You know how it is time consuming. "

"I know, but then, what do you want me to do exactly?"

"Nothing much, you just need to watch the door of the waiting room." He said smiling brightly.

Changsun groaned. "You need this all work? Oh no, not answer, when you smile like that to me I always do what you want, right?!"

Jinki embraced Changsun who laughed. "Thank you hyung."

Minho was silent all the time, just watching the two interact and Jinki looked at the older smiling, but Minho did not smile back.

They settled in a room and Jinki sent Minho take off his jacket and shirt, the older sat on the stretcher and waited for him that picked up a pair of gloves and took off his own coat.

"Are you ready?"

"I don't like him."

Jinki blinked. "What? Who?"

"Changsun-ssi."

"Why not?" He asked a little perplexed. "He's a great guy."

"He's interested in you."

Jinki began to laugh aloud. "Don't be silly hyung, he's not interested in me."

"I'm not silly, he is interested in you, is completely in love with you."

He slowly began to clear Minho's injury that shuddered slightly when it burned. "Don’t see things where does not exist."

"You know the second day I was gone? On that day you went out with him to a drink and you seemed very happy together."

Jinki blinked stunned. "What? How do you... "

"They took a picture of you two together, holding each other as you left the bar. You two seemed very happy. "

"Hyung."

Minho looked at Jinki that in a breath, the older has a strange gaze in his eye, the same gaze he had when Jinki saw him for the first time after it had been found by security.

"I was not happy, and I was desperate... and at that time I just wanted to forget for a while all that was going on."

"And you did, in Changsun-ssi's arms."

Then Jinki did not know what to say, it is not like he was happy, but he had to admit that for some time had forgotten everything, had forgotten the pain he was suffering for not knowing where Minho was.

"No, I didn't do anything, he was just helping me because I tripped. I love you hyung, please don't doubt that."

Minho looked at the shoulder. "Are you finished?"

Jinki blinked looking at his hand holding the needle, he still had not even begun. "N-no."

"I can't take too much time to go to the police station, I still have things to do."

Biting his lip Jinki nodded and applied a local anesthesia and began to sew, three stitches later and the wound was closed. Minho did not say a word all the time and Jinki wanted to scream or punch the older, he was not sure. He was angry with himself for doing that, but Minho had no right to jump to conclusions because of a photo.

"That photo..."

"It was taken by a henchman of Chulmoo, they showed me for me to see that even though I'm gone, you didn't care and that after I killed your father, I could do with you what I liked."

"Hyung..."

"I felt as if you stabbed me in my heart, after all we've been through to get together, after all the pain you left me at the first opportunity you had."

Jinki nodded. "No, I didn't let you, I..."

"I thought about it, I tried to see your side and still have to admit I was angry and then I opened my eyes and saw you there in my room that day. I was going to confront you, make you tell me why, why you did it, but I couldn't because I was missing you so much and you, well, you kissed me and the only thing I wanted to do was hold you in my arms."

Jinki swallowed. "Hyung, I'm so sorry."

"Do you love me?"

"Of course I do, I..."

"And everything was a misunderstanding, right?"

"Yeah, I would never betray you and even if Changsun-hyung feel something for me, I can't receive it because you are the person I want to stay forever, just you."

Minho looked at Jinki that finished closed the bandage. "I believe in you, I believe with every fiber of my being."

"So we are good?"

The older smiled pulling Jinki and hugging him. "I needed to talk about this with you, it was not what I wanted, but I think it has to deprive my point. And I'm sorry that I have suspicious of you."

Jinki nodded hugging him. "I'm sorry I caused all this, I didn't mean..."

Minho silenced him with a kiss, Jinki's eyes closed and he sighed happily feeling the warm lips of the older against his. "No more apologizes, we need to go, we still have lot things to solve."

"Okay, come on."

Will now things would solve? Certainly yes, they only needed now catch Kang Chulmoo, but this will be that easy?

 


I'm sorry for take so long. Next chapter is the last one. > 3 <