MMFY - Music

Mistakenly Meant For You
 
 
Chapter 9 - Music
 

Mistakenly Meant For You

// Whoops, IU POV coming, lol. //

 

[ IU's Point of View ]

 

"IU, where's Hyuna?" Chanyeol asked me. My heart skipped a bit. "Ah, I don't know. She's not answering my calls." I sighed. "That's weird. It's been two days, and she's still absent." he asked. I just nodded my head. I am worried, too. The last thing she said was she's going to do something, but it's been two long and boring days. I had to take charge of the event and everyone isn't listening to me. I'm so stressed, good thing, one person was making me feel good and calm. There's no other meaning behind it but he's really friendly, he's a happy virus. "Omo, she posted a new video!" I heard my classmate said excitedly. I didn't mind them, but they kept on talking. "Wow, it's been a long time. I missed her covers!" "I know. Even though we don't talk to her much here in school, she's really friendly." "Yeah! I don't know why her personality changes when she's doing a video song covers and here in school, she's scary." "I have a feeling that she's really a good person deep inside. Maybe, hiding something or she's trying to forget something that's why her personality is kinda...." "Look! It has over 40,000 views in just 6 hours." "She really has thousands of subscribers in her channel." they played the video, even though I am not watching it, I can hear a person, a girl, singing. Her voice sounds familiar, yet I can't recall whose voice is it. "Woah, I love this song! Christina Grimmie!" my classmate said, after recognizing the song.

 

I decided to check what they were watching, so I stood up and went to them. "May I... watch too?" they just nodded, showed me the screen and I was completely shocked! I asked them to restart the videos and so they did. It's actually her, really her. I didn't know she sings this good and plays piano too. Why didn't Hyuna told me? Yes, Hyuna! It's Hyuna, she's singing, even though it doesn't look like she loves music, she is singing and playing the piano. "How long have she been doing this?" I asked. "2 years? 3 years? Around 2-3, I think." Wow. I..... am speechless. My not-so-long-ago-became best friend is very talented! "Oh? Hyuna?" someone suddenly popped beside me, the happy virus, Chanyeol. "Yeah. I didn't know she was doing this." I confessed. Other EXO members watched with us and some classmates too. "Ya, ya, ya. I didn't know she was this talented...." Sehun-ssi said. Me too, me too. We just watched the video, and we're already halfway till it finish. Luhan-ssi suddenly watched with us, his look doesn't say he's interested but he's watching. "Tch." he said, then walked away after watching for about a minute. "Baekhyun-ah! Can you reach that note too?" Suho-ssi asked Baekhyun, when Hyuna was reaching the high and long notes. "Of course I can!" he bragged. The song was finished and the teacher came in. She's still absent, I guess.

 

"Sorry, I'm late!" someone shouted and stood just infront of the classroom's door, not entering the room. It's Hyuna! I am so glad she's in school again! I've been waiting for her. Everyone's eyes were on her. Probably because they were amazed by the talent she was hiding. Well, to us, she's hiding it. But in the YouTube world, she isn't. "Ah, Hyuna-ssi! Good thing you're back. I'll allow you to go in, especially because you finally went back in YouTube again." my teacher said, who is obviously a fan. Woah. "Ah, teacher, you're embarrassing me. I.... uhh, it's been a long time, to be honest." she said and went in the room while her facnig the floor. "Welcome back." I greeted her. She smiled, and looked at me, "It's not like I was gone for a long time but, yeah." she said. "I didn't know you were..." I didn't get to continue, she cut me off. "How's it going? With the... uhh, event? I think tomorrow's your last day of praticing right? Or the day after tomorrow?" she asked. "Yeah, the day after tomorrow. By the way, again, uhh, you did amazing. Your voice was beautiful." she just smiled when I complimented her. I think she's embarrassed. "Some students here says they're a big fan. I think I'm a bad friend not knowing the you in the YouTube world." I said. She stayed quiet. Ayish, my friend is embarrassed right now.

 

We, again, finished classes early. Hyuna stayed and continued classes since she isn't part of it anymore. I felt bad. I like it better doing this with her. I am really stressed with these bunch of kids not following every rules and they're doing nothing. But, yes, they're practicing by themselves, which is good but I don't think this will be a success, but on the other hand, I think it will be and... Ugh, sorry. I'm so stressed that I do not know what I am saying anymore. "IU, are you okay?" I looked at him when he asked me. Ugh, thank god that he's here, the only person cheering me up, making me unstressed. "Yes, Chanyeol, I am." I said, smiled, stood up then started to practice my thing. Still doing what we did the past two days. Practice, rest, practice, rest, repeat. They can be annoying some times, but they follow, since the event is so near that there's no time to play around.

 

[ Hyuna's Point of View ]

 

They're practicing already. A part of me felt lonely, because I was the only one among our friends left behind. I still have classmates here, we're still many. "While they are practicing, we'll be discussing about......." the teacher started explaining, I'm listening. But, I am kinda bored since I have no one to talk to. But suddenly, another teacher went to our room. "Excuse me. Hyuna-ssi is wanted in the office." I was shocked, but I followed. I tried to recall all things I did that are bad, but all I remember was.... Lol, no. I did some bad things here, but why are they calling me? Weird. The teacher didn't talk, I tried talking to her but she isn't answering. "Why am I...." she cut me and said, "Just wait." I was pissed, of course. What kind of teacher answers like this? We just went to the office of the principal and when we got there. I was shocked.

 

"What?!" both of us said in unison. "Yes, both of you are doing a duet." the principal said to the both of us. "A duet? Partnering with her? With Hyuna?" he said and I was annoyed. How can he, ugh, if he doesn't want to, he can say it in a nicer way. "I am not going to partner with her. Not with her, at least." Luhan said. Yes, that annoying guy who hates me. The principal looked at me, waiting for what I'm going to say. "I also don't want to. And what kind of duet or partnering it is by the way?" I said calmly. "Singing. It's the president's request, that's why rejecting what he wants is not allowed." the principal said. Hehe, don't tell me she's scared? "I am going to tell him that we're not doing it. After all, I'm his son." Luhan said. Is he showing off? He was about to leave the office but he stopped when somebody entered. His father. We all bowed to him, except Luhan. "So, did they agreed to it? Are they going to partner?" the president said smiling. "Nope." Luhan answered. "Oh. That was unexpected. Hyuna-ssi, don't you remember me?" he looked at me. I was confused. "I guess you dont, and it's not yet the time for you to remember but, why aren't you going to....." "He doesn't want to, I don't want to." I answered. "Oh, okay. It was because I saw students were going crazy about some video. I checked it out myself and that was you. I didn't knew you had talent in music." the president said. "Uhh, well." I stuttered. "That was the reason I wanted you to perform too. But it doesn't look like you want to." I felt bad.

 

To be honest, I would like to do it but I do not wana partner up with Luhan. It is a no. "I would like to. But, want about something else? Should we just...dance?" I suggested. "That's a good idea- I mean, no. I am never gonna partner up with Hyuna." Luhan said. Aysh, don't pretend you do not want to. "You can dance to?" the president asked. I feel so weird talking with the president face to face. "Ah, actually, I liked dancing first." I pouted. "But I have no time for these actually. I need to catch up with the lessons. And your son is already a genius, he doesn't need to take classes." he laughed. "Well, then. If you both don't want to, I should respect your decis-" he was cut off by Luhan saying, "We'll do it." he said. I was shocked my eyes widened looking at him. He just rolled his eyes. "Okay so both of you will dance... I'll be anticipating!" the president left. And so I did too. I stayed outside the office for a while thinking what I've done. I want to perform but not with that Luhan. "Aysh." I decided to walk away, but someone stopped me, holding my arm, stopping me to walk off. "Luhan-ssi, what's your problem?" I asked calmly. Well, I tried. "We're going to practice. We have like 2 days left until the event." he said. I removed my arm from his hand and faced him. "Well, who even thought of this kind of event? Why are you wanting me to practice asap? I have classes, you don't." I sighed. "This wasn't my idea. It was a friend's. And since you're part of this again, you'll get off class early again." he said then walked away. Aysh this kid. I hate you! I'm still thinking wheather I should follow him or stay in class. Ugh, I do not know what to do. I just walked and walked. And so then I realized that I was following him. Of course there's a distance between us. I still hate him. "Psh." he smirked. "You said something?" I asked. "Nothing." he simply answered then walked even faster.

 

"Oh, Hyuna, what're you doing here?" IU asked the first thing I got to the field where they all are practicing. EXO and everyone came to where I am. "Ask him." I said referring to Luhan the Great. He just looked away. "It's good to have you back." Sehun said smiling at me. "It's not good to have her back! It's better when she is not here." Guess who, yes Minah. Luhan went to her filthy girlfriend and held her in her waist, eww. But doesn't matter. "Luhan-ssi and I are..." I was cut off by someone, "IN A RELATIONSHIP?" I laughed hidiously. "Oh, hell no. We're going to perform together." Everyone was shocked. Also, Luhan didn't expect I'll broadcast it. "No! Why to you! Why not me? I am his girlfriend! This isn't right." Minah complained. Since Luhan wanted me to lie, I did. "Nah, just kidding. Why would I partner up with him? I wouldn't ike that. I'm here to take charge again. My friend here said you're all not paying enough attention." they all sighed in relief. How I feel special, uhyeah. They all started practicing and I was just sitting. A man suddenly popped beside me, no infront of me. "Why did you lie?" Luhan asked. "Wait I thought you wanted me to lie? Well, I thought you don't want me to tell them we are really performing together, I lied saying it was a joke." "That's what you think. I wouldn't mind. Why would I? I won't feel embarrassed. Oh, yeah. I kinda feel embarrassed doing it with you. To a nobody." I am so annoyed right now, I stood up, staring at him. He stared back. Ugh, he has such beautiful sparkling eyes but it's nothing anymore. His personality doesn't deserve such a face. I just left him stsnding there but I still heard him smirked. That guys. Argh!!

 

"Okay! That's all for this day! Get ready for the rehearsal tomorrow, rest well! I'll go now." I said, while carrying my bag behind me. Luhan followed me. I just smiled thinking he wanted to practice, which is good. We dont have much time to relax. We can hear them talk. "Wait, why is Luhan following her?" I am pretty sure that was Minah. "I guess they're really perform together." and that's IU. "It would be great, isn't it?" She continued, I am sure she is annoying Girl's Day right now. Aha, as expected from my friend. She knows what to do. "Where are we going?" I burst out laughing to what Luhan asked. "You're following then you're asking that silly question? Crazy." "Just answer." "To my house, duh. Practicing, right?" "Not to your house. It's small." that was an insult! How can he? Ugh. "We have a practice room. Just for EXO, we'll go there instead." "Just for EXO you said. And I am not a member of EXO so I am not allowed there." I tried to piss him. "Shut up and just follow me." oops he's pissed! But I followed him, which lead us to a car in black. I guess it's his car. "Nice car." I said leaning to the passenger seat's door. "Just get in." he said so, then I went to the backseat. I was about to open the door but he spoke. "Not there. Here infront. You're going to make me look like your driver." "Oh." he's got a point. So I did. It feels weird! Sitting beside him! So I just looked at the window, and didn't realize I fall asleep.

 

[ Luhan's Point of View ]

 

I was driving but then I heard a soft sound on the passenger seat's door. "Tch." I said because she fell her head, she was sleeping. Her head was falling, not literally. But she looks attractive while sleeping, wait, what! Luhan you better think straight. You have a girlfriend, you love Minah right? "Yah!" she shouted, with closed eyes. She's dreaming. I hate it when girls are dreaming and I am witnessing it. "You think I'm going to go easy on you in dancing? Think again!" she's referring to me. "I do not wanna do this but you insisted! Aysh, this kid! I hate you! I hate you! Never think of me liking you, even for a bit!" she shouted. "Well, I hate you too." I smiled. But she woke up. "Huh?" i find that cute. Wait, LUHAN WHATS HAPPENING TO YOU? You never found that cute! "Did you just..." "Yes I witnessed you talking in you sleep. I guess you were dreaming. That was crazy." I laughed. "No, no. Forget about that, no, no." she kept on saying no. She's embarrassed. "I hate you too." I just repeated. "You heard that to?" she asked. "All of it." I teased. She started hitting herself for being dumb. "Why did you even fall asleep, Hyuna! You have never fell asleep in anyone's car." she said to herself. Infind that a compliment. My car being the first car she fell asleep in. "We arrived." I got out first and just waited for her to get out of the car. But she isn't. "You're not gonna open the car for me?" she asked. "Tch! You're not even my friend, why should I?" I teased.


 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Wwoohhh! Luhan sounded mean there! Well, it is true that she is not Lu's friend! Bahahaha. EXO's solo concert was a great success. Very happy for all of them! Mehehehe~ School's approaching, NOOO!!! But okay. I'll be busy some days but I'll update!