MMFY - The Event

Mistakenly Meant For You

CHAPTER 11 - THE EVENT

 

It's already 12 in the afternoon. Yes, I woke up at 12. I needed to save my energy for today, I mean, for the event. "You woke up?" grandmother asked. I smiled, answering yes. I ate my breakfasft, no, more like lunch, then went back upstairs. But, even before I forgot what I am going to grandmother, I headed downstairs again. "Grandmother, don't forget the event later, okay? Make sure you come. See my dance onstage." she smiled and said, "Yes, I will, Hyuna-ya. Why don't we just go there together?" "Uhh, unfortunately, we need to be there before the event starts, maybe an hour before it will start. You'll be bored waiting." I said. She just nodded her head and I headed upstairs to my room, again. I got a text from IU. I wonder what she texted, and so, I opened the message.

 

Hey, Hyuna! You need to go to school early, okay? Don't be late, or I will punch you.

Nah, Just kidding. But if you are late, I'm really gonna punch you. You'll be the MC, right? Together with GD?

I mean, if you don't wanna do it, anyone else can do it. Okay, bye!

 

Aysh, this kid. It looks like IU wants to be an MC! Well, if it's Chanyeol MC-ing with me, I'll let her MC with him, but it's Jiyong. Will she be okay? I didn't reply, we'll just talk about it later at school. I slept, again. I'm really bored. No, let me rephrase that, I tried to sleep, but I can't. So, I checked my Instagram. Most of EXO have their own Instagram accounts and I'm pretty sure I've followed them since they asked me to. I saw the Instagram update of Sehun-ssi. Why am I laughing? I mean, it's really funny, but it's so cute of him to post something like that. It's this, this is his Instagram post...

 

 

That's spirderman, isn't it? But, I shouldn't be focusing on it. I tried to sleep again, and I did. And then, that nightmare, again. "Hyuna! Hyuna! Dad's here!" I looked at dad who just called me. "Dad, where's mom? I haven't seen her. I was alone here." "Don't worry, baby girl, you have an ice cream." Dad said and gave me the ice cream. "Dad, I told you not to call me baby girl. I am already 5 years old." I said and he started tickling me and I can't stop laughing and smiling. "Dad, stop. I'm going to mom." I said and my dad stopped. "No, don't go there. That's dangerous. Stay here, I'll go. Just wait here, okay?" then, dad left me. He's at the other side of the street with mom. She waved at me, "Hello!" and I waved back. They were about to go back to where I am when I heard a loud crashing sounds. I'm seeing blood, too many blood. I went to where my parents are. "Dad! Mom! Wake up! Wake up!" I'm just infront of them, crying. I can see many people looking at us, and doing nothing. "Dad! Mom!" I kept on shouting. Somebody called an ambulance. "Dad! Mom! Wake up! Don't leave me. At least, not right now. We still have a lot of dreams to reach, right? Wake up!" I'm crying an ocean. The tears won't stop coming out. "Hyu....Hyu...Hyuna..." I heard the voice of my mom. "Don't worry about us. Reach all of our dreams. We'll see each other some time. You... you... You should... keep on living... for...us..."  I woke up, immediately.

 

I tried to forget that nightmare, went downstairs to the Guest Room and started practicing. Even though I need to rest, I practiced. Time passed by, it's time for me to go to school, it's 5pm already. Yes, the event is the only thing we need to go to in today's class, cool huh? "Grandmother, I'll be going. Make sure you go, okay?" she smiled and I headed to school. I checked  my cellphone on the way to school and got a text again from IU. This girl likes to send texts. I didn't reply and headed to school fast.

 

I arrived and it's almost the start of the event, oh my gosh. I am so late this time. "Where the tell were you?" Luhan said. "Oh, I'm sorry for being late, okay? Can we just start practicing now?" I said, with a sarcastic voice. They just stared at me and it irritates me. "We just finished practicing..." IU said, "I sent you a text asking where were you but it looks like you didn't see the text." she added, and I feel so sorry. "Since the event is about to start and there are already like more than a hundred people waiting, come on get ready, I know you'll be an MC, so go." The teacher in charge said. "Uh, I won't be Emcee-ing, it's going to be...IU and Chanyeol." I said, and IU and Chanyeol were both shocked. Oh my gosh, I love playing with them. IU, I'm counting on you.

 

>>>

 

 

The event started as IU and Chanyeol started speaking. "Good almost-evening to everyone! I'm your Emcee, Chanyeol..." "and IU, so... what's the purpose of this event, Chanyeol-ssi?" IU asked her partner in emcee-ing. "It is to promote our new song and mini album, Overdose and of course to show the people the amazing talents of our schoolmates." "Yes, okay so right now, we'll be witnessing the talents of Minah-ssi and her tails, I mean, friends." IU said and Chanyeol giggled. "Yes, they're the so-called Girl's Day, let's watch their performance!" Chanyeol said, and the girls started performing.

 

After Girl's Day performed, followed by the other who were showing their dancing talents. "Chanyeol-ssi, I heard the next performers are very very talented when it comes to dancing." Chanyeol giggled, realizing IU is teasing her about his dancing skills. "If you're trying to tease me, It's okay, I know I'm not that into dancing. But yes, let's see their performance!" Everyone clapped as they exit the stage and the performers entered.The audience was amazed by their talents and clapped when they finish. "That was so amazing! Can you dance like that, Chanyeol-ssi?" IU said. "Of course! You'll see it later." Chanyeol answered. Deep inside, IU is really melting but she tries to avoid not to. However, she must not make it obvious that she likes him. "We'll have the next performer. G.D and TOP!" Everyone clapped and welcomed them as they performed.

 

 

IU, who was amazed by their performance can't say anything. It only means that she doesn't know that her friends have those talents! "It seems like my friend here can't speak right now." Chanyeol started saying, but IU is just staring at him, worrying. She might not say anything at all! "Ah, it was an amazing performance, isn't it? What do you think? You! You in the red jacket. Yes, you. What can you say about their performance?" IU tried to entertain the audience watching. The boy with the red jacket stood up and said, "It was so great! I want to be like them someday." "Okay, they can be your inspiration to becoming one like them! Wah, it's getting dark already. Now, let's have our next performer." Everyone, again, clapped as they enter the stage.

 

 

"Woah! Just, Woah! That was so amazing, isn't it? Aren't you all amazed by the talents of such young people?" Chanyeol, who sounded like a father, said. Everyone else started performing. Three students did magic and others singing and others dancing. They all showcased their talents they couldn't show before. But, right now, they're just highschoolers who can still improve. "As you can see, the people who should be Emcee-ing isn't here.. Uhh, don't think green! They'll perform soon, that's why." G.D said, replacing Chanyeol and IU as emcee. "Okay, now, let's have IU!" Everyone clapped!

 

 

When she finished, everyone clapped. Chanyeol, who is backstage, preparing, was very amazed along with the other members. "Wah! IU-ssi is really something." Xiumin said, "I would like to do a duet with her someday." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol, just kept on nodding, but inside him, he's really happy and he doesn't know why. "Chanyeol-ie, why are you frozen? Is IU-ssi that talented, you're burdened?" Baekhyun the joker but Chanyeol just back off, went away and practiced his rap.

 

"Okay! Let's have the next performers, one is a member of EXO and dancing with the school's student council president, Luhan and Hyuna!" GD introduced, and everyone clapped. Hyuna entered the stage with Luhan and looked at the audience. She was looking for her grandmother, but she can't spot her. As the music is being ready-ed, she was looking for her, but no clue of her grandmother. Why is my grandmother not here? I asked her to. I want her to see this dance, just this time, why didn't she.... Hyuna thought. But the music started.

 

(this is not really them, but this is the performance i want them to do, lmao!)

 

As they dance, Luhan focused, same as Hyuna. Even though her grandmother didn't show up, she focuses and not try to show her disappointed face. "We're not singing, we're dancing, at least show a face of a person who is passionate in dancing." Luhan whispered as they dance. Yes, Luhan noticed that she wasn't in the mood for dancing. Out of all the days, why isn't this girl not in the mood for dancing today? Luhan thought. "Were you expecting someone? Your boyfriend, perhaps?" Luhan asked, whispering. "No." "Then why the long face?" "Dont mind me, just dance." And they did. Luhan, who didn't feel worried for other girls was worried about Hyuna. Even though she's treating him like that, Luhan still has a soft heart worrying about other people.

 

"That was an emotional dance, isn't it?" GD said, Luhan went backstage and Hyuna went beside GD to Emcee with him, IU came along too. "Hey, how's Emcee-ing with him?" Hyuna asked IU, but IU just smiled as an answer. "Okay, the purpose of this event! Let's welcome, EXO!" Everyone clapped and started yelling Wooohhhooooo!

 

 

All of them is into dancing and singing. They sang it live and focused. Luhan, who looks tired, kept on dancing and singing. Hyuna on the other side felt worried. "He might overwork himself." Hyuna whispered to herself. "Did you say something?" IU, who is beside her, asked. "No, nothing." Hyuna lied. Even though Hyuna lied, IU still heard what she said. Oh, my friend here started to like someone, eh? But Luhan-ssi? Woah. IU thought. It isn't very obvious but Hyuna cares about other people too, just like how she cares for her friends. She's worried for her partner to overwork himself and get weak. As their performance finished, the School President went onstage.

 

"Good evening to all. I just would like to say thank you for coming today, as audience and as witnesses to these young kids' talents. They're still highschoolers, and soon, they'll graduate, become college students and improve their amazing talents. The purpose of this event is not only to promote EXO's new album but also to show their hidden talents to everyone. Special thanks to the our Student Council President, Hyuna-ssi for helping us for the preparation of this event. And to all who showcased their talents, you are all truly talented!" Everyone clapped as the president finished his speech. Hyuna, who is beside EXO, Luhan to be exact, clapped too. "It was nice dancing with you." Hyuna whispered to him. "Yeah, you too." Luhan simply answered.

 

- - - - -

Author's Note:

Whoops, long time no update, I'm sorry! Was kinda busy and yeah, new update here!
School's so near and I may not update as fast anymore, I'll try my best to.
I have this new story, feed about EXO!

CLICK HERE FOR THE STORY/FEED!