MMFY - Practice

Mistakenly Meant For You
 
 
Chapter 10 - Practice
 

Mistakenly Meant For You

Check out the poster above! Like it? Wiieeee! Credits to Shrieking Shack Graphic Shop! 

 

[ Hyuna's Point of View ]

Argh! I thought that there's at least a little gentleman-like attitude he has but I was wrong. He won't even open the door of his car for me. I just opened the door by myself, while he's waiting for me to get out. "You're right. We're not even friends." I said right after I got out of his car. He started walking and I followed. "We've been walking for a while now. I thought we're already at the place you're talking about." I broke the silence. "Don't you have patience? We're here now." he said as he opens the door to a building. Yes, a building. He kept on walking and I followed. Walking upstairs, looking at the building's rooms and all. "Are we there yet?" I asked. "Aysh. Go inside. That's the place where we'll practice. Just wait there, I'll go get something." he said then left. I don't know what he's getting though.

The room is really big. I just wandered around the room. There's a big mirror in the room. Well, that's what dancing room are for, isn't it? Then, he arrived with t-shirts in his hands, I was shocked. I thought it was someone else. "Why didn't you knock before going in?" I asked. "Why would I? This is our place." I rolled my eyes to his sarcastic answer. I was thirsty, good thing I brought my water battle with me. I was looking at the huge mirror while Luhan's at the behind me. Not really behind me, a little far and I can see his reflection in the mirror, of course, cause it's big. I was drinking in peace, then I almost spit out the eater I'm drinking when I saw Luhan taking off his shirt! I can see him im the mirror. Dang, why is he.... "Ya! You should change somewhere else and not where girls can see you!" he just smirked. He didn't answer at all. He was facing the mirror, that's why I can see his body. No, he's just shirtless. But, even though he's kinda thin, he has those! Yes, 'those' meaning abs. He wore a different shirt immediately and started drinking water too.

"So what are we gonna dance?" he asked, while I'm sitting comfortably on the floor. "I don't know. A cover or we choreograph?" I suggested. "Are you kidding? We have like, 2 days and you're gonna suggest choreographing our own dance perfor-" I didn't let him continue, "Fine fine!" I'm so irritated. I just sat on the floor scrolling through my cellphone. "Ya, what're you doing? We should be practi-" "Luhan-ssi, I'm searching! Searching for a perf we should do." I cut him of again. I'm scrolling and scrolling and scrolling. "Hey.... What about BoA's Only One?" I suggested. "No. I won't appear so much." he said w/o emotion. "Aahhh. Yes! That! I'm so smart, yeah~" I said while Luhan, I think, thinks I'm crazy. "What is it? You look like a stupid person." "The dance that Hyoyeon and a guy performed, not really performed, danced during her pre-debut days. It's not that long so it would be easy." "Good thing you have brain, let me watch the video."

We started practicing. Luhan is also good at dancing. Yyaaa. He can sing, dance, he's handsome, perfect package isn't it? Ah, no no no. Erase! He's not! I am sure he doesn't play sports. "Can we rest for a while?" I asked. He allowed it. I drank my water again. I sat down for a while when Luhan started whining. "Don't rest too much. We need to practice, Hyuna-ssi." Oohhh, using formal speech. We've been practicing for some time now. Eeyy, I'm really sweaty right now. "The first verse, let's do it again." Ugh, this kid. Luhan is really into this, right? "Don't you wanna rest?" I asked with an irritated tone. He just looked at me with a 'we-cant-rest-there's-no-enough-time-stand-up-now' face. I sighed then stood up. "Fine, but after, let me rest for a while." and then we started practicing again. I am admitting that he's good at dancing, really good! But not better than Kai-ssi. I've saw him dance before, ey, no one could beat that. "Ya,  you got this step wrong." I said and showed the step. "Show me. Show me how to do it." he said and then I did. "I will act like you. This is the step. You hold this hand, stretch it then you look at my face, like this." we're both staring at each other. It's getting uncomfortable. "Okay, now let me rest."

[ Luhan's Point of View ]

We've been resting for a while now. To be honest, I want to stop dancing and rest too. There's no time to relax. "Hey, do you have a telephone here? I need to call someone." she said while standing up. "We're going to practice. Don't call your boyfriend, come on, let's practice." I said. She rolled her eyes, "I don't have a boyfriend. Now tell me where the telephone is." It must be important that she wants to call someone but her? No boyfriend? "Aahh. Okay... You don't have a boyfriend? It's obvious because of your stubborn personality, Hyuna-ssi." "Tch, where is it?" "Downstairs." then she headed down. Although I shouldn't be following her, but I did. I was somewhere she won't see me and listened to their conversation. "Hi. Ahh, don't worry about me. I'm doing something important. Rest. You should rest. Have you eaten? No? Ey, you should eat. Don't wait for me because I'll be late, okay?" Ahh, liar. She has a boyfriend. "Bye, grandmother! Bye~" she said then hung up. So that was her grandmother! It looks like she was talking to a guy. I hurried back upstairs and pretended that I heard nothing.

"Hey. Aren't you hungry? Ah.... I'm hungry." she said as she enters the room where we practice. "ASDFGROWLHJKL" we heard a weird noise. "Hey. Was that you? Did your stomach just growl? Oh see. You're hungry let's eat." she suggested. "Why would you eat with a person who isn't even your friend?" I said. I know I sound mean. "But you're not a stranger." she said but It felt like that was a compliment. I know I get a hundreds or even thousands of compliments a day but when it came from her, it felt like an honor. Hyuna-ssi, I heard, doesn't compliment anyone at all. "Okay. Let's go." I said then we both headed out. She was behind me as we go down the stairs and outside the building. She did put a distance between us. "I know a good restaurant near here. Let's go-" I didn't get to finish, "No. Let's just eat somewhere else. Follow me." she said and started walking, I was behind her. I don't have any choice but to follow her. Aysh, she really wants to be followed or obeyed. But I won't be one of those people who'll obey her....well, just this time.

We ended up eating street foods. I mean, no, it's just her eating. I don't eat street foods. She sat on the bench while eating. We're in a park near our building, walking distance. I sat next to her but not close to where she is. "Hey, eat. They're delicious!" she said giving me a hotdog in a stick. "No." I simply said, "No wonder you're thin. You only eat these kinds of food." I added. "No. It's just it's been a long time since I ate these food. It has been.....15? 16 years? The last time was when- Eh, nevermind." Hyuna-ssi said then had a bite. I was just looking at her while she's eating. After a while, she noticed. "Ya. What're you looking at? If you think it's delicious, have some." "How many time do I have to tell you? I don't eat-" she placed a stick of Odeng (fish cake) in my mouth. "Ya! Asdfghjkl!" I couldn't speak well since there's a fish cake in my mouth. She giggled. I removed the stick of Odeng then talked, "Ya. Why did you put it in my mou-" "Just eat it." "No." "Eat it." "No." "Okay..... I'll go buy something else, just stay here." she said then left. I was just looking at her as she left.

I ended up eating the fish cake. It's not literally a cake, but it's called fish cake. Hyuna-ssi is talking with the seller of the food she's buying then glance at my direction, or is it a coincidence. Her face turned from a smiling person to a confused-like face. What do you expect? We're not close and we're not friends. It's obvious we won't get along. But how come our parents do? "Eeyy. You ate it, did you?" she came. "What? No, I didn't. I threw it." "Don't deny, Luhan-ssi. You ate it." she started using the '-ssi' again. That's better. "Here, have some." she gave me the so-called tteokbokki and I ate it. "Look at you.... It's delicious, right? I know." she said. "If you're going to answer your own question, don't ask it anymore. It's irritating, Hyuna-ssi." she rolled her eyes again. We were eating then she brought out water bottles. I started drinking. Then I remembered her call with her grandmother. "How's your grandmother? It's been a long time since I went there. Should I visi-" she cut me off again, "No, don't. You can't visit. We're not friends, remember? But she's fine. I already said I won't be home early." "I'm visiting your grandmother and not you." "Argh. Just....don't visit. Just don't. Wait, it's almost 8 we should go back." she started walking. I followed. Wait, why am I following her again? I walked faster and she's behind me now.

[ Hyuna's Point of View ]

We got back and we rested for a while before practicing again. Now, I feel a bit uneasy and uncomfortable dancing with him. It's because....remember, A while ago. I bought tteokbokki and the seller told me something weird. "Ahjumma, give me 4 of these, please." I said, pointing at the tteokbokki. After a while, I got it and before I left she told me something. "I've been telling this to everyone buying these, you wouldn't mind if I tell you, right?" the ahjumma said. I was curious what it is so I let her tell it. "Have a bite." she said and I did. "Look around you, the first person you see looking back at you will be the person you'll be with forever." I looked around and I saw Luhan-ssi.....looking at me. It felt weird but I just laughed at it. "Ah, ahjumma. You must be joking. The person I just saw is really ridiculous. And he hates me, we hate each other." "Don't you believe at the saying The more you hate, the more you love?" Ahjumma is saying weird things. "No, I don't believe any saying at all. Thanks for these." then I left. That's what happened and now I feel very uncomfortable. Wait wait. Why am I affected. Ya, Hyuna. You shouldn't be. Now focus on practicing.

"It's getting late. We should finish the last verse tomorrow." he suggested. "Okay, but let's just practice the first verse to where we finished one last time." I said then we did. We're dancing right now and I'm still thinking about what that Ahjumma said. She's crazy. Talking nonsense, eh? The door to the room suddenly opened so we stopped dancing. It's EXO. "Luhan-ah! Why didn't you tell us?" Luhan-ssi looks a bit confused. "She told you already. We're doing a performance together. This will be our last round practicing today, it's getting late." well-said Luhan-ssi! "I think it's time for me to go now. You're going to practice now, since you're all here, right? I'll be going now." I said then got my bag and was about to leave the room but someone stopped me holding my arm. It was Kai-ssi. "Ahh, Kai-ssi, I really need to go." "Is that so? Why don't you rest for a while then go? You must be tired. You can watch us as we practice. I just nodded. They started practicing.

They're practicing for some time now. But they rested. Some where playing, some using phones and some were sleeping. "Ah.... Excuse me, but I really think I should go now." I said and all their attention are in me. There was a sudden knock from the door and it opened. "Delivery!" they started going to the delivery man. "Eat with us, Hyuna-ssi." Sehun-ssi suggested. "I-I don't think I can. I need to g-" "Hyuna-ssi. Eat with us." Chanyeol said. And since he's a friend of mine and IU's, I did. We were on the floor while eating and started talking and telling jokes. "Guys. Remember when Luhannie confessed that he has feelings for Minah to us? Remember that?" Kris-ssi said teasing Luhan-ssi. "Aysh, Kris! Stop it. Don't bring that up." Luhan-ssi said. "No, continue! Is it funny?" I asked. "Yes! He confessed it to us first. He wanted all of us here in this exact room." Xiumin-ssi said. Then Baekhyun-ssi insisted to impersonate Luhan-ssi. "He was like this, 'Guys, I know you will laugh at me and make fun of me but..... I really like Minah, Girl's Day Minah.' He was like that!" then everyone laughed including me. Luhan-ssi looked annoyed though.

"Did you laugh at him?" I asked, they stopped laughing. "Ah, some of us did. Well, it's because we don't like Minah. She's bossy. Minah is....... She doesn't want to be disobeyed, just like you- Ahh!" I hit Suho-ssi's thigh. He's teasing, eh. "But you're more friendly, of course. Well, they all admitted they don't like her and her friends but we all accepted the fact that he wants to be with Minah. They started dating a week after he confessed to us. Luhannie looks happy with her, so we'll be happy for him too." Suho-ssi said and I nodded. "No, you're the only one thinking that." Kai-ssi said then we all laughed, embarrassing Suho-ssi. We talked about different things without noticing that time went by so quickly. "Oh, now it's really late. I should go now. Thanks again for having me here!" I said then opened the door to leave, "I hope we can all hang out like this again!" "Yes!" "Yeah, we all think the same except Luhannie hyung!" I glanced at them before leaving and smiled.

-----The Next Day-----

"You should go home." IU said. My body hurts but... "You're exaggerating, IU. My body hurts but not that much. I'll make sure to rest for tomorrow's event, Okay?" did that convince my thoughtful friend? "Okay, Hyuna." I smiled at her. "Hey, IU. Have you seen Chanyeol? He said he'll eat with us at lunch." I asked. "He... He did? N-no, I haven't seen him for a w-while now." she said. "Wait. Why are you suddenly talking in that way?" "What way?" IU asked. "Don't tell me you like Chanyeol? Tell me IU." "No, I-I don't!" "Ya, you're stuttering, you do like him!" I teased IU. "O-okay, don't tell anybody." "Your secret is safe with me, IU." I told her. Then we started eating, Chanyeol is not here yet but I hope he will really sit with us. But I think that's impossible since Luhan-ssi doesn't let anyone to be friends with us. Well, yesterday he allowed me to stay with EXO, but maybe just one time, he's allowing it.

"Sorry for being late." Chanyeol suddenly popped out from nowhere and sat beside IU. And I noticed IU feeling uneasy with her crush beside her. I hit her shoe below with my foot, calling her. I teased IU by smiling at her and raising my eyebrows up and down. She hit my foot and she lowered her eyebrows telling me not to be so obvious. "Hey, are you two talking to yourselves through mind?" we laughed at Chanyeol. "Do you think they have that ability?" Seungri said. "Ah, no." Chanyeol simply answered. "Chanyeol, do you know someone likes you? She's head over heels with you and that's- AH!" before I could even finish, IU kicked my foot. Sorry, IU, I don't think I can keep secrets. I'll try. I'll try. "I know everyone here likes me." Chanyeol bragged, IU almost spit her food and I almost spit my water, close call right there. "By the way, last practice today! But I don't think we need to practice, but hahahaha, no, I'll tell it later." I said.

Our classes are over early for the last time because tomorrow is the big day. Everyone's all here to where we need to be. The stage's all ready and everything done. "Guys! Tomorrow's the day! We'll just do one round of practice, one round onstage then dismiss! I asked the principal about this, you can all go home early after practicing to save our energy for tomorrow. Remember, save not to waste our energy and hang out. You need to rest well for tomorrow! Okay? Now, go. Let's follow the setlist, okay? Girl's Day first!" I said then we all started practicing. And now it's been a while. "Lastly, EXO now, go on stage now. Go." I said then the music started, they started dancing and singing too. They're forming a tree. It must be tiring to stay like that. "Ah, Luhan Oppa is really the best!" Minah said. Eeww. There are a lot of people better than him, my gosh.

Everyone finished practicing and IU went to me. "Why didn't you practice yours?" she asked. "No one else knows but you and EXO. Remember that I made it a joke yesterday? Let it be a surprise." I said. "When are you going to confess to Chanyeol, IU?" I asked. "Hyuna, I told you I just like him. I don't really love him literally." "Since when?" "Starting when I studied in my former school..." "That long? IU? You've like him since then? They say if you like this person for 4 months it's love! It's sarang. Now go tell Chanyeol that." I told her. "You said that you don't believe in sayings." IU changing the topic. "I don't but that I believe. Tell him you like, no love him!" "Isn't that too fast, Hyuna? I'm not so sure him I do love him. What do they call it? I'm just idolizing him, duhh." Aysh, my friend IU is denying it. But if she doesn't want to just yet, then I won't push her to.

Everyone gathered and I started talking. "Okay! All done! Make sure you all rest and do your best tomorrow or you'll disappoint the president! Sadly, this is the last day of our early dismissal." everyone was sad, lol. They do love going home early, huh? I do too but it's just for this event. "Okay, go now, rest!" everyone left and I stayed. Luhan-ssi said we need to finish the dance today. We went to their building again and started practicing. We're almost finish but we rested for a while. "Tomorrow's the day." I said,  "Yeah." "Yeah." our conversation ended. Just one verse then we're done. We finished it after an hour and started practicing from the beginning. I still feel uncomfortable since that ahjumma told me about love love thing. I'm going crazy.

We finished and i went home early. "Grandmother, I need to rest now. Goodnight." I headed upstairs. I rested but remembered my friends. I went online checking my recent video. I read comments and all. "As expected, Hyuna! Wonderful!" "You did well again." "You're my inspiration." "You've done so well!" "Yay!" Those were their comments that made me smile always when I'm down, and when i remember that accident- no, forget it. You need to rest! Save energy for tomorrow. I almost forgot! "Grandmother, don't wake me up early tomorrow. School starts at 5PM." Yes, only the event for tomorrow which is cool. I never knew a school would do something like this kind of event though, IU and I think it's ridiculous but oh well.

 

Dear diary,

       It's been a while! Sorry for not talking to you. I practiced with Luhan-ssi yesterday and today. And I'm already having a weird feelings towards him. I still hate him! That won't change. An Ahjumma told me that Luhan-ssi will be the person I'll love. Ew. No. It doesn't feel right. But anyways, tomorrow's the event. I'm still laughing.

 

Yours,

Kim Hyuna~


 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Woop! Update! It's a long one and it's boring, I know. Comment below, lol. If you wanna, go comment. :3. YES IM INCLUDING KRIS. HE WILL BE PART OF EXO FOREVER. OKAY.