Chapter One

Let Me Take The Pain Away

The sun hadn't even risen but this boy had woken up. To say the truth, he couldn't sleep at all. It was raining all night and the thunder was just frightening. He couldn't sleep even for just 10 minutes because he would just wake up suddenly when the thunder came. He had his eyes wide opened even his body was begging him to rest. He could feel his body aching from all the activities he did that day. But he couldn't sleep. At all. Not with the rain. Not with the thunder. Not with the feeling.

He turned around to see the bed 2 meters beside his was empty. His roommate didn't come back to their room. It was already Saturday so his roommate might just still be having the fun with the other in the Friday night. He got up from his bed and sat on the edge of his bed. He looked at the clock on the wall. 4.15.

He closed his eyes just to rest them for a while. But then he regretted it. Because the feeling came again.

You're stupid!

He opened his eyes wide but the feeling didn't go away. He could feel as if someone was gripping the back of his neck hardly. He winced in pain even it was only his imagination. He could clearly hear him saying.

You stupid useless pet!

His skin was covered with cold sweat. He tried to open his eyes but his head hurt that he couldn't even open them. He squeezed his bed cover hard before he let himself fell to his bed. His body was moving unconsciously like he was trying to fight over something - or someone in this case. His whole body was aching so badly to the point that he couldn't hold anything anymore. It was haunting him to no end. And he was sure he heard that voice again before he lost all of his consciousness.

But you love me.

*---*

"Minseok! Seriously Minseok, wake up!"

A tall boy with soft brown locks was trying to wake up his best buddy as his best buddy wasn't really enjoying his sleep. This happened almost every time his best buddy slept. Luhan, the tall boy, shook his best buddy's body so hard but still he didn't wake up. Luhan was scared. He even had that regret feeling as actually he could stay the night before. Yet he went away with the other boys and left Minseok, his best buddy, alone.

He knew Minseok since the first time he and his family moved to Korea. They actually were neighbors and their parents knew each other so well. They both were really close to each other and no one could separate them, not even their parents. They went to the same elementary school, the same junior high school; even now Luhan followed Minseok to the dormitory in their senior high school. He just couldn't let Minseok to go anywhere without him. Especially after the incident.

"Minseok, you have to wake up, now!"

He remembered the first time seeing Minseok after everything was revealed. Blank and empty eyes. Boney skin. Unhealthy pale. He literally screamed at everyone who came into his room. Including his parents.

Luhan pulled Minseok's body harshly and with that the said boy woke up. His eyes were wide opened and lips parted. They were chapped and trembling. Cold sweat was all over his body and he breathed like he just ran for miles and miles. Luhan patted Minseok's cheek softly just to wake up Minseok from anything that Minseok could have in his mind. Minseok then turned his eyes and stared at Luhan, searching for something that Luhan never understand. Minseok's lips were hanging as if he wanted to say something, but then he closed his mouth.

"Relax, okay?" Luhan said. Minseok didn't respond, but Luhan was sure that Minseok was listening. "You don't have to be like this, Minseok-ah. I beg you stop being like this."

Luhan almost pitied himself as his ears caught the voice he used. So pathetic. He never knew he could use that kind of tone and voice. Yeah, who knew Luhan, the brave guy from China, could sound like that? So sad.

But yet, Minseok only stared at him with empty eyes.

*---*

"Minseok hyung~!"

The small guy turned around and saw Baekhyun running to him. He had those carefree smile plastered on his face right after he stopped in front of his hyung.

"Can you accompany me to the library?" Baekhyun asked cutely. "I think it will be more helpful if I go with you, not Yifan hyung"

"Yah! I hear that, dwarf!"

Minseok and Baekhyun turned around to see the angry-bird-man, Yifan, walked to them in fast pace. Minseok could hear Baekhyun's faint 'oh my God! Help me, hyung!' as the younger hid behind his back. Nothing could be more hilarious than Baekhyun and Yifan in the morning. Even they were roommates; they could quarrel and mad at each other like crazies. But in the end of the day, Yifan would buy some chocolate for Baekhyun and apologized. Minseok remembered one day, Yifan and Baekhyun were quarrelling just because Yifan accidentally used Baekhyun's shampoo - his favorite one. They didn't talk to each other for 2 days but after that Baekhyun came to Yifan crying and apologized, saying it was better when they were together, even if it meant Yifan used his favorite shampoo again.

"Minseok-ah, you spoil Baekhyun too much," Yifan said as he smacked Baekhyun's head. Minseok heard a small 'ouch!' before he chuckled and answered Yifan with "You're too harsh too this Bunny Baek."

"And you definitely spend too much time with Luhan," Yifan commented as they walked to the library together. "What's with him and giving stupid nicknames? And now you join him too."

"They call me that because I'm cute," Baekhyun retorted, gaining another smack from Yifan.  "Yah! If you smack me once again, I'll bite those giant-size hands hard!"

Minseok laughed at the bickering. The three of them walked to the library and got some greetings from juniors. Some greeted them three, but some only greet Yifan. Ah, yeah, Yifan was the most popular one because of his basketball skill. And who didn't know his rapping skill? Thanked Minseok and Baekhyun who convinced him to do that at the charity event.

Minseok sat on the chair next to Baekhyun after he took a random book from the shelf. Yifan just sat leisurely in front of him and put his feet on the table, just to quickly put them back to the floor after Minseok glared at him. "Don't be too stiff, Minseok," Yifan said.

"No, don't be impolite here, Yifan," Minseok said while reading his book. It was usual for them to have short talks like that. They would sometimes say harsh words to each other. But no offense taken, because they knew they did that because they cared for each other. And, having ups and downs at friendship was nice, wasn't it?

"Ah, you're here, Minseok," someone said as he placed hand on Minseok's shoulder. That person might not notice it, but Minseok's body became stiff. He turned around to see Ms. Kwon, the new librarian, smiled at him. His body was loosened a bit, but Yifan and Baekhyun still notice how Minseok's body wasn't as relaxed as usual. "Can you help me to arrange the books we just got yesterday?" She asked softly.

Minseok couldn't say no to that. So he just nodded and with that Ms. Kwon pulled her hand and gestured Minseok to follow her. Just when he wanted to get up, Yifan suddenly asked, "Can I help too? Since, you know, I'm taller than him so I will be more helpful"

Ms. Kwon laughed at that but nodded anyway. Minseok sent him a death glare but Yifan just smirked and shrugged. They both walked side by side behind Ms. Kwon, with Yifan still talked about how tall he was and Minseok kept hitting Yifan's upper arm every time Yifan talked. Baekhyun laughed at them before continuing his work.

Minseok hyung still couldn't accept people touches, could he?

*---*

"You should loosen up a bit more," Yifan suddenly said while placing the books to the shelves. "I know this is kinda harsh, but it has been a year, can you let go?"

"I don't understand what you're talking about, Yifan," Minseok answered, acting like didn't know what Yifan was talking about. "I'm definitely fine, what are you expecting?"

"Ah, so you think I'm blind enough to not see your body stiffened when Ms. Kwon touched your shoulder? And you think I'm deaf enough to not hear Luhan's voice when he tried to wake you up?" Yifan asked. Minseok definitely understood that it wasn't a question. "You're funny if you think that way."

Minseok gripped the book tightly, too tight that Yifan could see the cover was having crumple because of Minseok. But no, Yifan should tell Minseok.

"I know you long enough," Yifan said.  "We can't lie to each other. Heck. We can see each other mind like some open books. Seriously Minseok."

"Stop Yifan..."

"No," Yifan quickly replied. "It's you who have to stop. Stop being stupid and let it go-"

"Yifan, stop..."

"Stop thinking that everyone is harmful. Stop thinking everyone wants to hurt you. He's-"

"STOP!!" Minseok suddenly screamed at Yifan. He stared at Yifan with scared eyes. His lips were trembling hard. His body was shaking in fear. He couldn't stop shaking his head and he closed his ears with his small palms. Yifan knew he pushed too far.

Just right when Yifan wanted to apologize and hold Minseok, the said man ran away from him, leaving Yifan alone.

So Minseok hadn't changed. He just knew how to control it in front of us. He was just as messed up as the first time.

*---*

Hello guys!

It's nice to see you again, my readers from last fic. and welcome to the jungle fic, new subscribers! ♥

So this chapter is a tiny informative chapter about Minseok. I hope you guys would be enjoying my Xiuhun fic :3

And actually having so many subbies even before updating any chapter is overwhelming *blush hard* I could only hope I wouldn't disappoint you guys this time omg I'm so scared ><

As an author, of course I want you guys to give me feed back and comments, so...

Give me comments, questions, advices, or anything you are willing to give to me~ ^ㅠ^

Love me juseyooooooo~! ♥ ♥