08 : rocky

Confessions 101

Chorong blinked before finally processing the email she was reading. Rocky, the famous internet radio dj is invited to a music festival as a vip and chorong is more than willing to attend it. She squealed and jumped up and down her bed dancing random movements oblivious to the bored lad watching her with his chin resting on his palm with an amused grin across his lips.

“Cool moves!” He shouted. Chorong stopped and suddenly felt conscious at the thought that he was able to saw that. “ert!” she stuttered shouting back before drawing her curtains close.

Luhan chuckled and shook his head finding her actions cute.  He stood up from his seat and headed downstairs, “Mom! I’m heading to the park’s!” he shouted. Mrs. Xi went out from the kitchen with a container in her hands, “That’s good, give this fruitcake to them while you’re at it,”

 

“Yes! I’m serious! Oh my god Eunji I’m so excited!” Chorong squealed at the other line. “Wow congrats to rocky then!”

“Yeah I know right? Gosh I’m so gonna enjoy next weekend! I hope the week passes by already,” she started walking back and forth the balcony. Luhan who just came out of their house was running towards the Park’s front lawn.

But it also means that it’ll be your first ever public appearance as rocky?” Chorong halted her pace and stared in blank space. “You’re right,” she sighed, “How am I supposed to attend it now?”

Luhan arrived and saw her standing along at the balcony, he was planning on taking her by surprise however when he noticed she was on the phone, being the ‘good’ guy he is, he decided to eavesdrop.

“That’s seriously a bummer Rong, why can’t you just reveal to the whole world that you’re rocky already?” Eunji asked on the other line.

“Because,” she paused before continuing, “I don’t want to disappoint my listeners. They know me as the extrovert dj online, not the awkward Chorong in real life. How can they listen to my friend advices when I only have you as a friend,” she chuckled, “No offense though?”

Eunji snorted, “What else is your reason?”

“How can they also listen to my love advices when I for the record don’t have a boyfriend?  I just can’t disappoint their expectations of some awesome person online turning out to be just an ordinary boring person. I just don’t want that.” She ended. This has always been her reason why she kept her identity being rocky a secret.

“So, does that mean you won’t go to the festival?” she sat at one of the chairs available in the balcony. “I guess,”

“Then can I have the ticket instead?”

Chorong laughed at her bestfriend’s wit and said, “No,” she roamed her eyes around and instantaneously fell down on her chair when she saw Luhan just standing in front of their balcony.

“You idiot! How long have you been there?” she shouted standing up from her fall gaining back her poise.

Luhan tapped his chin and looked at her with a playful gaze, “Just a minute or two?”

“Did you hear the phone conversation?” she asked nervously. The latter though just shrugged and casually walked pass her, “Nah just a bit of information,” then entered the house.

Chorong fumed with anger before realizing that Eunji was still on the other line, “Hey sorry about that, Luhan is being such an on the first day of weekend,”

“No no no! It’s okay! I’ll hang up now! Enjoy your weekend with Luhan tootles!”

“What? Hey? I didn’t say anything about spending the weekend with that idiot hey!” but poor Chorong got cut off by Eunji. She groaned in aggravation before stomping back inside her house.

 

“Chorong why don’t you go accompany Luhan in the kitchen? He’s preparing the fruitcake made by his mom.” Mrs. Park ushered Chorong. Chorong looked incredulously at her and raised a brow, “Help him?”

“Yes,” Mrs. Park answered pointing at the kitchen. She looked at the direction and saw Luhan walking around searching for a knife. Actually Mrs. Park should be the one helping Luhan since the kitchen has always been her territory but today as she planned it – along with Mrs. Xi. They’re going to play cupid with their children.

Chorong dragged herself towards the kitchen, “What are you doing walking around?”

Luhan stopped striding and faced her, “As you can see dearie, I’m searching for a knife.” He made a sarcastic smile which Chorong mocked in return.

“Well as you can see idiot, the knives are over there.” She said a matter-of-factly pointing at the kitchen drawer.

“Why thank you peasant,” he thanked bowing graciously at her sooner than he went to get the knives and started to cut the fruitcake.

“I noticed that you’ve been annoying me too much than the usual, and it’s getting too suspicious. Is there anything you want?” Chorong asked crossing her arms at the doe eyed lad who seemed to tense up a little at her question.

“What do you mean by that?” he asked and distracted himself by continuing to cut the fruitcake.

“I mean, before you just annoy me maybe around thrice a week but then lately it’s getting too frequent. Is there a reason?”

“Maybe because I think I’d like to annoy you more this time,” he inferred showing her a cunning smile.

She scoffed at him and purposed punched his shoulder which resulted to Luhan cutting himself, “Ow!” he winced.

Chorong panicked and kept on chanting, “Yah idiot! Are you okay? You’re not gonna die right? Oh my God I’m not good at this! Hey! Why are you bleeding?”

“Can you just shh for a moment and just hand me the first aid kit?” he snapped and went to the sink to clean his cut. Chorong unconsciously pouted yet obeyed him and handed him a first aid kit.

“Well it’s been years since your last panic attack,” he muttered before applying ointments at his cut.

“And you’re always the reason why I panic ugh,” She murmured back, “Let me do it,” she took the ointment from him and did the job. This gave Luhan the opportunity to look at her closely. He smiled as her brows creased in concentration. As always, you’re such a beauty Park Chorong. “There it’s done!” she looked up and unintentionally their faces were just inches apart.

Again, they were caught in the moment with their eyes. The moment was almost perfect until, “Omo!” the two was shaken from their reverie when Mrs. Park decided to check the commotion in the kitchen nonetheless ended up seeing the both of them in that situation.

“I’m sorry for barging in! Do continue,” it was obvious that Mrs. Park was biting back a smile but then Chorong awkwardly cleared , “Y-yah omma!”

“Oh don’t be too flustered dearie, I know you were disappointed I didn’t kiss you,” Chorong’s jaw dropped and Luhan stifled a laugh.

“You idiotic hormone active jerk! Ugh!” she stepped on his feet and walked out of the kitchen.

Despite the throbbing pain of his feet, he still managed to laugh at her. “Park Chorong, how can you be so dense?”

 

The Park family was circled inside the living room along with Luhan sharing stories. Chorong seated far away from Luhan avoiding another havoc which made the other pout inwardly. They were talking about Chorong’s childhood due to her dismay.

“Remember Luhan when Chorong showed her in public during kindergarden?” Chorong choked on her water and coughed loudly, “Mom!”

“Yeah, I think it was some keroro ?” Luhan reminisced.

Chorong threw a pillow at Luhan and screeched, “ert!” Mrs. Park and Mr. Park laughed while Seungjo stared at her sister in disbelief.

“Did you seriously do that?” she smacked her younger brother and glared at Luhan once again.

“I was just five or six that time! Geez!” she curled up in her position and anticipated another round of nostalgic stories.

“How about the time when Chorong ran around the neighbourhood shouting Luhan’s fifth grade crush?” now Chorong flushed at what her mom said. That was the time when Luhan had a crush on fifth grade. And no matter how she denies it, she was sort of jealous that time. But because she was a stubborn girl and ‘dense’ she denied that she was jealous and to prove it, Luhan made her run around the neighbourhood shouting his crush’s name with his surname.

“She was shouting Xi Joohyun around the whole place!” she whined, “Mom stop it!”

“Well speaking of crushes and likes and all those adolescents,” Mr. Park turned to Luhan, “Do you like anyone as of now Luhan?” He wiggled a brow and Luhan seemed to get the message and played along.

“Yeah, I like this girl but she doesn’t know it,”

“You like someone?” Chorong bellowed.

“Yes, I do,” Luhan answered and smirked at her. Chorong cringed at his smirk.

“Ooh! Can I know who my daughter’s competition is?” Mrs. Park asked playing along with Mr. Park and Luhan’s act.

“She’s really famous around guys, I mean she’s very popular cause she’s so likeable,” definitely not me. She thought. Then she immediately shrugged the thought away.

“What do you like most about her?” Seungjo asked. Luhan grinned as side glanced at Chorong before responding, “Everything about her is to like about,”

“Awwh, it seems like my daughter has no chance in winning you heart now,” Mrs. Park faked a sob and eyed Chorong’s actions that seemed to emit a dark aura.

“Chorong noona is not popular among boys mom, of course she doesn’t have any ounce on winning hyung’s heart,” Seungjo said so casually that Chorong ended up kicking her younger brother’s leg.

“Excuse you Seungjo,” she said in gritted teeth. Luhan bit back a smile enjoying the situation.

“Don’t worry rong, you’ll always be my dearie,” her cheeks suddenly felt hot and she stammered, “W-what d-do you mean by t-that? H-ha! I don’t care if you like someone! It’s better since if you get yourself a girlfriend you’ll stop pestering me!”

“Enough of that nonsense chorong,” Mrs. Park cut off her own daughter and faced Luhan again, “So, What’s the name of the lucky girl?”

Chorong snorted, “Yeah right lucky,” each word dripping with sarcasm.

“But I still haven’t seen her personally,” he trailed off, “Her name is Rocky.”