05 : one sided sonnet

Confessions 101

“Sorry for keeping you waiting, mom suddenly decided to call out of the blue,” Luhan came running back to her side. Chorong blinked and stared at him in puzzlement, “Why would Mrs. Xi call? Is there some kind of emergency? You should go home now then,” She said. Crossing fingers in her thoughts, she wishes Luhan would go home now and she can finally enjoy her Saturday by herself without someone pestering her.

“Oh no dearie, she was just checking up on us and making sure we’re still together,” he laughed when Chorong’s happy expression contorted into a frown.

“Why is it our parents are playing cupid when they all know we don’t get along,” she garbled crossing her hands. “dearie, you don’t get along with me,”

“Well that’s the same point!” she held.

“Ah I’m hungry, come on!” he grabbed grasp of her hand and dragged her away from the old movie house. Chorong glanced at their entwined hands and felt her heart racing. What is this feeling?

 

“So tell me how the date went?” chorong glared frigidly at her bestfriend, “It was not a date okay, it was for educational purposes.”

“Yeah right, so tell me what happened?” Eunji intrigued and leaned closer her best friend. Monday afternoon and the Eunji without delay dragged Chorong for interrogation once break time was announced.

“Nothing happened, we just watched a movie and ate afterward,” Eunji squealed like a retarded seal and started clapping her hands, “It sounds like a date to me oh my god why,” She started blabbering stuffs about how excited she is to be the maid of honor for the wedding, the godmother of their first child, the one who’ll witness their love story and so on and so forth.

“What in the world Hyerim you sound like my mom,” she sighed exasperatedly and buried her face to her palms.

“What? I’m just predicting the future,” she said as if it was the most common thing in the world, “Eunji, I will have no future with Luhan, no, never, over my dead body.”

“Gosh don’t die.” The older one laughed, “I’d rather answer a hundred confessions than have a future with an idiot.”

“Ouch dearie I’m hurt,” luhan unexpectedly appeared out of nowhere and sat beside Eunji on the grassy meadow.

“Oh I didn’t knew you have feelings,” she faked a gasp and rolled her eyes at Luhan, “What are you even doing here Luhan? Go away,”

“I’m just here to give Eunji something,” Luhan said and took something out from his bad and hastily shoved it inside Eunji’s bag beside him.

“Eunji don’t trust him! It might be a box full of worms or poop or-“ she was interrupted by Eunji’s laugh, “Don’t worry Rong, I know what’s inside that box.” Luhan stood up and tucked his hands in his pocket.

“Well I’ll be going now ladies,” He did a prince-like bow and left the two ladies.

“How come you trust him?” Chorong asked.

Eunji shrugged before answering, “I just do,”

 

Chorong anxiously awaited by the school library. She chose a seat at the furthest part and kept fumbling with her phone. Her palms are starting to get sweaty and same goes with the perspiration trickling down her forehead. She kept on patting her shoe on the floor while her eyes were roaming around.

She suddenly felt nervous, her heart was beating a every millisecond and her breaths start to become uneven. Is he here already? She blinked and again looked around. Unpredictably, the person that she’ll want to see least sat in front of her, “Waiting for someone?” he asked with a sheepish grin painted on his face.

“Yes, now go away Luhan.” Her stone cold stare made Luhan’s grip raise a little bit higher.

“No because just maybe I’m the one you’re waiting for,” chorong made a face, “Nonsense, now go away. He might think I’m talking to you,”

“Oh so its a ‘he’ you’re meeting. And as a matter of fact you are talking to me.” She blushed at the first thing he said but suddenly shifted into an annoyed look at his second sentence.

“Yes it is a ‘he’ and it’s none of you business, now for the umpteenth time, go away.” Luhan chuckled before standing up, “Why do you keep pushing me away park chorong?” he asked.

“Because Xi Luhan, you annoy me and that was always the reason ever since, now go away”

“Well if you say so, farewell milady,” he locked sight and smirked, “though parting is a bit sorrow,”

“I’ve heard that before,” she out of the blue said her thoughts out loud.

“Oh really? Hm that’s interesting then.” he then left the young lady pondering. Before he left he approached the librarian secretly and handed a book while leaving a message.

 

It’s been twenty minutes after Luhan left and Chorong was still in deep thought. “Nah it’s just probably because Luhan is a fan of poetry, yeah that’s it.” She said in a low whisper. She looked around and noticed that little by little the students start decreasing inside the library and mr. Anonymous was still out of sight.

At the brink of giving up, the librarian approached her and handed her a book. “A young man passed me by a while ago and left me this for you,”

She blinked in confusion before thanking the librarian. She pouted realizing mr. Anonymous didn’t show up. She flipped through the pages until a paper fell from it. She picked it up and unfolded the letter inside it.

Dear chorong,

I’m sorry I didn’t approach you. I just felt afraid that you won’t accept me or like me personally. I don’t know, maybe it’s just my instincts. I guess today was not the day for me to reveal myself. So instead of giving this to you personally as I always wanted, I just asked the librarian to give it to you instead.

This is one of my favourite books, the story is pretty interesting. I like books, poetry, literature, and everything written on paper. To be honest I’m really good at writing my words than saying it through actions. Maybe this is also the reason why I can’t express myself properly in front of you.

Again I’m sorry, I promise to make it up to you.

I love you Park Chorong,

Mr. Anonymous

 

Inside her room she kept on staring at the book in her hands. She was distracted, very distracted to be honest. She even cancelled the radio live today because she doesn’t feel like being rocky tonight in this kind of situation.

“Why will he think that I don’t like him?” she pondered.  “He’s the only confession I answered, how come he still thinks I won’t like him?” her eyebrows crinkled in uncertainty. She looked at the book again before reading the title out loud, “Flipped,” she read the synopsis and it was a story about a one sided love.

A tap on her window interrupted her. She looked at the visitor and it turned out to be Luhan hanging from the tree knocking. She groaned before standing up from her bed and head towards the window. She half heartedly opened it, “Luhan it’s past 9 in the evening what are you doing climbing trees? Get down there you might fall and injure yourself,” she scolded.

“Aw you care about me, I’m so touched.” She rolled her eyes, “I can take back my words-“

“No I’m just kidding, um can I come in?” He asked and pointed at her room. Inwardly sighing she mumbled a soft yes and went back to her bed. A minute later luhan came jumping through her window.

“What do you want anyway Luhan?” Luhan chose to ignore her question and looked around the room. The book on her bed caught his attention. He bit his lower lip to avoid himself from smiling.

“Oh you’re reading?” he asked and sat down on her bed.

“Yes,” she answered and handed the book to Luhan, “Have you read that before?” Luhan paled for a moment before answering a quick, “No of course not I haven’t!”

“Luhan I won’t judge you if you read this, it’s obvious you’ve read it.” She said and laughed at his flushed expression.

“I’m more into Shakespearean novels. I can even make a sonnet for you in five minutes,” he said smiling proudly.

“Oh really?” she challenged. The boy nodded, “But not now since I’m a bit too lazy to compose a sonnet, though I can recite one for you,”

“Nah you don’t have to,” she opposed. “But I insist,” persevered Luhan. He took a moment before reciting while looking straight at her eyes,

“O heart! Resting in a cloud like , 
Listen what says my heart in my chest.
Thy door close, thy ear and eyes shut, 
Open them, Feel hear and see, the cut.

The cut that runs deep and spilleth my feelings
Whereas thine for me are shy from revealing
Let thy heart on thy sleeve live
As mine to thee I am willing to give.

To give and pair it with heart thine, 
Own me, my love in thy clouded shrine.
Hold me to thy heart in a floating sleep, 
As Longing for thy love, sleepless I weep.

I weep through this darkness, a most wretched storm
From my night in the morn, pray will to me thee warm?”

Lost in the moment, the two remained looking at each other’s eyes. Luhan coughed trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.

“W-what was the sonnet about?” chorong stuttered and she mentally kicked herself for suddenly stuttering and feeling shy.

“Thy guy can’t express and reveal his feelings. For he knows the one he loves doesn’t love him back and it hurts him. So he’s depressed and ended up making a one sided love sonnet though it sounded much more like a suicidal note,” chorong laughed at his side joke and Luhan felt his heart leap once he saw how chorong’s eyes twinkled and how her laugh sounded so melodious in his ears. I made her laugh, he thought in awe.

“Wow idiot, I never thought you could be fun sometimes,” luhan blinked, “I never thought too,” he mumbled.

“chorong,” he called out to her. she looked at him but she was avoiding his eyes this time, afraid to be lost in the moment again.

“I’m...” this is it, he was about to say it to her. but something was holding him back. How should I say it? Will she accept me? How do I express it? What if she rejects me? Why? What? What it? It was haunting his thoughts. Not yet, just not yet.

“I’m leaving now, you know school tomorrow.” He awkwardly said and went for the window. As he was climbing out he heard chorong’s last sentence for him.

“It was nice talking to you like this luhan, good night!” he smiled and thought, my my park chorong, how can you be so dense?

 


hello dearies, im quite sad I didn't get much comments yesterday, made me think i posted such a crappy chapter. but nonetheless, a lot still generously left a comment. i'll post the secnd update later! i'm procrastinating mehe. 

i guess now you know why luhan acts weird around chorong now ahahaha.

subscribe and comment! ( upvote)

i really love comments so please pretty please : )

-secretblossom