07 : bubbletea

Confessions 101

A honk made Chorong jump from the pavement. She twirled around, glared at the car and placed her hands on her waist. “What do you want Luhan?” she asked.

The person inside the vehicle rolled down the window and peeked, “Good morning to you too mi lady, I would like to offer you a ride to school.” She mocked him before walking ahead.

“Wow great, I appreciate it.”  Luhan from inside the car laughed at her sarcasm and followed beside her slowly. “Oh really? Then is that the bus you were about to hop on?” he shouted.

Chorong looked to the fore and gasped when she saw the bus speeding away from the stop. “Damn it! Ugh it’s your fault I missed it!”

“How come it’s my fault dearie?”

Chorong whined, “It’s because you’re being such an early in the morning!”  The doe eyed guy continued to laugh before opening the passenger seat from inside.

“No I am not an , I’m a knight in shining armour who will take you to school with his car not a horse. “ Chorong sighed before entering the car and shutting it close. “Oh really? I thought the horse was the driver?” she scoffed.

“My, what a handsome horse he is,” Chorong leaned her head on the window restraining herself from strangling the annoying human beside her.

“I thought your car was confiscated?” she asked out of the blue.

Luhan glanced at her and smiled, “My mom wanted me to drive a peasant to school so why not?”

 

“Chorong sunbaenim, I-i like you,” A sophomore confessed handing Chorong a letter. Chorong sighed and massaged her temples. Third period and here she was inside her homeroom classroom with a sophomore confessing in front of her.

“Sorry but-“she was about to say her usual apologies when someone interrupted her.

“Oh cool a letter,” Luhan entered the picture taking the letter from the sophomore and scanned the envelope. Chorong groaned and glared at the intruder. “Luhan what are you doing here? And give that back to him! That’s not yours!” Luhan looked at her before averting his gaze to the sophomore who was now shaking in nervousness, not for Chorong anymore, but for Luhan.

“So you like my dearie?” he asked with a stone tone that chorong was as always ignorant to.

The sophomore stammered before running out of the room, “I-im so s-sorry Luhan sunbaenim!”

Chorong clapped before punching luhan on the shoulder, “Ow! Now what was that for?”

“The clap was for finally someone finds you scary and the punch was for interfering someone else’s business. And what did you mean by my dearie? I am not yours idiot.”

“Dearie I am not scary excuse you and for the record Park Chorong, you are my business and my dearie.” And after that he stalked off the room leaving a dumbfounded Chorong.

“Rong you’re blushing,” Eunji who was beside Chorong invisible from the scene a while ago pointed out.

“Am not!” she cupped her cheeks and shook her head, “I am not blushing! I do not blush for that idiot!” she declared stressing the not in the sentence.

“Ugh you two are frustrating, the so called denial stage.” Eunji muttered slamming her head on the desk, “Jung Eunji why are you so grumpy?” Chorong asked changing the subject.

“Let’s just say I’m on my monthly,”

 

“Ah! It’s such a relief we’re dismissed early! I couldn’t take any longer inside the class with this pain,” Eunji complained. Chorong smiled at her best friend, “I know right, where should we go for a while?”

“Bubble tea! Y-yeah I remembered! Let’s go get some bubbletea come on!” Eunji pulled Chorong and off they went.

When they arrived the bubble tea shop, Chorong wailed inwardly and complained to the Gods why she was so unlucky that day. “You again? Seriously?” She asked once Luhan sat comfortably on their table.

“Let me change the tone,” He offered, “Oh you again! Seriously!” he repeated with much enthusiasm.

“I’m not that enthusiastic to see you Luhan,” she said. Then she remembered what he told her a while ago. The thought made a blush sneak on both of her cheeks.

“You cheeks does, aw aren’t dearie’s cheeks happy to see me?” Chorong’s eyes widen like saucers when Luhan said that. Am I really blushing? She stared at him and laughed awkwardly, “You’ve got to be kidding me Luhan, go away.”

Luhan was about to banter when Eunji interrupted, “Gosh guys quiet please? You two aren’t helping my emotional unstableness today. Ugh hormones!” she said and slammed her head repeatedly on the table.

“Don’t you have soccer practice?” Chorong interrogated quietly now since she was avoiding Eunji’s hormonal outbreak. Busan strength might get her and Luhan killed. Well to be honest she doesn’t mind Luhan getting killed by Eunji but she still loved her dear life.

“Soccer practice got cancelled because the game was moved next month,”

“Oh speaking of soccer, Eunji who was the guy you like in the soccer team again?” Eunji suddenly choked on the bubble tea she was drinking. “Pardon?” she asked.

“The guy you said you like in the soccer team? Who is he?”

“I um I don’t know his name?” Eunji looked at Luhan and sent dagger messages like, YOU IDIOT HELP ME OVER HERE! I JUST PRETEND THAT I LIKE SOMEONE FROM THE SOCCER TEAM JUST TO BRING HER THERE EVERYDAY FOR YOU! HELP ME HERE! I DON’T KNOW ANYONE FROM THE SOCCER TEAM BUT YOU!!1!11!!!!!!   

“That is a secret me and Eunji keeps,” Luhan butted in.

“Oh so you’re the best friend now?” Chorong’s brows raised and she shifted her gaze from Luhan to Eunji.

Eunji kicked Luhan from under the table and sent another eye message, IDIOT YOU ARE NOT HELPING!

“um his name is um suho right! Suho!” Eunji exclaimed. “Suho means guardian, is there a member in the team named suho?”

“It’s like our nickname for him,” Luhan said and finished his bubble tea. “I should go now,” He bowed and winked at Chorong, “Farewell my lady,”

“The nerve of that jerk, the nerve,” Chorong muttered.

“You’re blushing at his wink though,” Eunji indicated. “I am not blushing and don’t you dare change the subject! Who is suho?” Eunji grunted and thought to herself, Luhan you better not fail me.

 

When the two girls decided to go home already, the waiter of the shop went to the table and gave a small box to Chorong, “Miss, someone wanted me to give this to you. He says he’s mr anonymous?”
Chorong looked around hoping mr. Anonymous was around but it was only them left inside the store. She thanked him before taking the box from him.

“Open it open it!” Eunji demanded jumping excitedly on her seat. “Jung Eunji calm your hormones!” Chorong opened the small box and there placed a bubble tea charm. A small folded paper was beside it.

Dear Chorong, i love bubble tea, i love soccer, i love books, but i love you most than all the things mentioned before. – mr. Anonymous.

“How sweet! Oh my gosh I’m so jealous! I need a boyfriend! No I need a job first! Oh my I need some romance in my life! Oh my gosh my feels!” Eunji squealed while chorong carefully placed the bubble tea charm on her bracelet.

“ooh you’re blushing,”

Chorong smiled and stared adoringly at the charm on her wrist, “Not denying that.”

 

Luhan was sitting on his bed listening to Chorong on the radio while doing homework. He would laugh at her jokes and scrunch his nose at some of her weird ones but yet he was smiling like a fool.

“So now I have an email from a hopeless romantic ahaha, sorry this is a funny username. So he says he just got rejected by the girl he likes and he’s asking me what should he do,” Luhan stopped writing and listened intently to her this time.

“Well I really don’t know what to advise on this one but I heard this from someone before and I think it’s appropriate for this situation,” she started, “forcing unhappiness to someone you love is pointless,” Luhan can’t help it but smile like a fool and chuckle. “Aigoo Park Chorong how can you be so dense?”

 

“And maybe, just maybe she isn’t the one for you. Things happen for a reason mr hopeless romantic. And maybe this is a sign that maybe she isn’t the one suited for you, good things come to those who wait so mr. Hopeless romantic, just sit back and relax because you’re girl will come soon don’t worry.”  Chorong ended. What she said was true and she was silently hoping this message would spread to those she rejected. I’m not the one for you guys. she stood up and approached the attic window, looking down at Luhan’s bedroom window she softly let a small tug creep on the corner of her lips.

“Forcing unhappiness to someone you love is pointless,” she chuckled, “Nice catch phrase idiot,”