12 : love & care

Confessions 101

Chorong stared incredolously at the lad in front of her who was obviously slacking on his seat. "What the hell happened to you?" She asked scrutinizing Luhan's droopy lids.

 

"I can't believe I caught a flu, the game's next week," Luhan complained as he close his eyes in exhaustion. As much as Chorong distastes the guy, she still had a little sympathy for him. Their school's soccer team wherein Luhan takes part of will participate on the season's soccer qualifying. And it will be held next week, but due to Luhan's excessive practicing and other activities, he got himself caught in a bad situation.

 

"So does this mean we'll have no practice? Does this mean I get to be free from you for a span of days? YES! PRAISE THIS HEAVENLY DAY FOR GRANTING AN EARLY CHRISTMAS GIFT!" Chorong cheered causing some of their classmates to look at her confusingly.

 

Luhan shook his head and forcefully tried to keep his eyes open, "Oh no dearie, you're not going anywhere, we're still practicing and no buts, I," He paused for a while to catch his breathe, "I can manage,"

 

"Yeah right," She snorted, "You can manage? You're face is practically falling all over the floor already! Go home, take some meds, get some rest, or something. The main point is, get well soon."

 

Luhan's lips twitched into a smirk. He leaned closer to her, "Are you worried? Is that worry?" Chorong immediately scoffed and tried her best to hide a blush.

 

"Why would I even worry for you? Excuse me idiot, are you even sane enough right now? My gosh why would you even think I'll worry for you. Worrying for you nor caring wouldn't be anywhere in my to do list and will never be..." She continued, "Why am I even trying so hard to defend myself? Ugh this is insane," She stood up flabbergasted while Luhan was curling from laughing too much. Groaning in annoyance, she stormed out of the room, stupid idiot, always messing with me, jerk, . She inwardly cursed.

 

 

Why me? was all Chorong could think of as the school nurse explained to Chorong about what Luhan needs for his recovery. Unfortunately, during gym class, stubborn Luhan joined a few rounds of horseplay ending up collapsing on the spot. Everybody panicked and rushed him to the clinic. And being the closest contact in school, Chorong was called by their adviser to accompany Luhan home since his parents we're out for the whole week.

 

So now here she was trying so hard to comprehend everything, "I advice you to give him a warm bath,"

 

Chorong almost choked on her own spit, "Pardon? Me? Give him a warm bath?" The nurse giggled at her own silly mistake making Chorong uncomfortably beet red, "I mean prepare him a warm bath," She corrected, "You two seem like a couple so personally giving him a warm bath is nice too,"

 

"No no no, I'm not his girlfriend not even his friend to start with," She defended. How many times have she experienced being mistaken as his girlfriend. For example, last tuesday, Luhan dragged her into one of his town trips and this old lady they were sitting next to inside the train complimented on how good they look together and hopes for their relationship to last. Chorong of course, it was already an instinct for her to deny it but Luhan cutted in saying, "Of course halmeoni, I'll make sure we'll prove the existence of forever," which of course annoyed her but somewhere deep inside her, she felt glad? happy? It was complicated.

 

 

 

"LUHAN YOU HAVE YOUR FEET FOR A REASON, WALK ON YOUR OWN," She bellowed at Luhan. They were on the process of going home and everything was fine at first, Chorong was doing good ignoring the person beside her. It was fine until Luhan suddenly wrapped an arm around her shoulder giving almost half his weight on her.

 

"Dearie don't be too loud," He muttered, his eyes barely open. Chorong sighed before holding onto his arm and halfheartedly supported his body. "Do something weird I swear you'll end up in a coffin," 

 

Luhan chuckled but coughed afterwards, though continued to laugh inaudibly, "Dearie, being this close to you is more than enough," The lady haulted to harshly step on Luhan's left foot causing the latter to wince.

 

"Serves you right," 

 

She successfully got the both of them ride a bus on their way home. Luhan slept the whole ride leaning his head on Chorong's shoulder which bothered her a LOT, but she needed to be considerate now. Just for now, she reminded.

 

Once they reached the stop she shook him and he drowsily got himself up. The bus driver was kind enough to assist her bring Luhan down the bus.

 

"Idiot, why must you tire yourself this much? And you were the one reminding me a few nights ago to not tire myself. Jerk," Luhan couldn't mutter any reply, he was really not feeling well. But deep inside he was happy, joyous, glad, and thankful, because it's her who's there for him at this moment. Park Chorong, how could you be so dense?

 

 

"Are you telling me to go by myself im a house where I'm supposed to be alone with a guy?" Chorong asked bewildered at her parent's request.

 

"Honey, Luhan needs someone to take care of him," Mrs. Park reasoned. 

 

"Mom! Are you even hearing yourself? Luhan is a guy! I, am a woman. And you give consent to the idea of me being alone with him?"

 

"Yes," Mrs. Park answered matter-of-factly.

 

"Mom you don't know what's he's capable of! He's erted, he's a jerk, he's-"

 

"Dearie I'm glad to inform you that I'm still hear and I can perfectly hear every word you say," Chorong made a face at Luhan who was sprawled on the park residence's living room couch.

 

"How about settle Luhan in our guest room instead for the mean time?" Mr. Park suggested. "Finally! A better option!" Chorong raised her hands in victory. 

 

Both Park parents shared a knowing look, "Chorong," Mr. Park called. She looked at her father waiting for a response.

 

"You are held responsible for Luhan, so don't expect us to take care of him. That duty is yours," Chorong gaped, her jaw hanging low. She was about to complain but her parents already left the living room.

 

"Dearie, a fly might enter your mouth," Without any second to waste she closed and glared icily at the lad who was smiling teasingly at her.

 

"Go to hell Luhan," She spat storming out as well. I am not taking care of him, no. She chanted to herself with finality.

 

 

Chorong stirred from her sleep. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up. Glancing at her bedside clock groggily, she noticed it was 1:34 in the morning already. She was having this uneasy feeling so she stood up and decided to drink up to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling at the pit of her stomach.

 

On her way to the kitchen she passed by the living room and heard unusual noises. Curiousity daunted her, she turned to check up on Luhan. As she turned the lights on, she almost fell on her position as she saw Luhan curled like a ball on their couch shuddering from cold.

 

"Yah!" She quickly ran to him and struggled to push him up into a sitting position, "Nice pajamas," Luhan teased despite his clattering teeth. Chorong rolled her eyes and felt of Luhan's back. He was still in his uniform and he was perspiring like crazy. "Dearie don't molest me just because I'm vulnerable right now," Chorong couldn't help but smack the guy lightly, "Shut the hell up Luhan and just cooperate with me," 

 

She took a moment of hesitation before unbottoning his shirt. Holy chicken feet, might as well die right now. She thought. Luhan was about to snide a comment but decided to just shut up and only stare at Chorong, too weak and too awed to tease.

 

Finally getting rid of Luhan's top, she avoided looking dead pan at his... well you all know what to not look at. "Come on don't put all your weight on me," Luhan tried his best to stand up. Chorong brought him in the bathroom.

 

"Take a bath, take your time I know you don't have much energy left for a quick shower. I'll go get you some clothes from seungjo," She was about to leave when Luhan suddenly tugged her by the wrist stopping her from her tracks, "Thank you,"

 

It was unusual, her heart skipped a beat.

 

 

Chorong tucked Luhan on her bed and sighed in exhaustion, finally, he was fast asleep and with drowsy eyes, she unconsciously fell to his side falling into a deep slumber as well.

 

Little did she know, Luhan was still awake. He opened his eyes and faced her, a soft smile carved upon his lips as he tug a lose strand of hair falling over her face.

 

"Park Chorong, thank you for taking care of me. I love you, how can you be so dense?"

 

hello! so this chapter was sort of just a teaser and a filler. since i'm still rusty, i tried to write this and it came out well so...

but don't worry, this chapter will play an important role too as you can see, it shows how Chorong is slowly getting softer towards Luhan and yeah I won't spoil too much anymore.

so i hope you guys enjoyed it? heh. anticipate for the twist !!

subscribe and comment! ( upvote )

-secretblossom