10 : when we spend time together

Confessions 101

“Luhan if you don’t let go of my hand I’ll seriously kick you in the shin,” Chorong said through gritted teeth.

Here they were finally at the night market. Luhan enjoying every bit of tonight was not letting go of Chorong’s hand.

“Dearie if you do that my junior might end up liking it instead,” that did the job and Chorong clamped her lips shut. But in her thoughts, she was thinking of a hundred ways to kill the person she was stuck with.

“What were the things you want to buy again?” Luhan asked facing the fuming female beside him.

“Fruits,” he smirked noticing how she was too preoccupied to notice that he interlaced their fingers together.

“hm, fruits can wait later, let’s start our date for now,” chorong was disturbed from the thought of frying Luhan in a giant pan, “HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REMIND YOU THAT THIS IS NOT A DATE!?”

Luhan grinned and leaned near Chorong, “Dearie, keep it down, you’re beauty or so called loudness is attracting attention,”

“Jerk,” she spat out and stomped on his feet making the other wince and let go of her hand, “Finally!” she squealed and scrambled away from Luhan vanishing within the crowd.

“Park Chorong,” Luhan chuckled and just before looking after her, he saw something that might come in handy for tonight.

 

“DID YOU JUST HANDCUFF ME WITH YOU!!!???” Chorong bellowed punching Luhan with her free hand.

“Obviously yes, because I can’t afford to lose you in this crowd again,” he explained, “And besides, how can this be a date if we’re not together?”

“Of all things Luhan, of all possible things! Why handcuffs? Can’t you think of anything more appropriate than handcuffs? And for the nth time, this is not a date!”

Luhan shrugged, “Well there was this good for rolepla-“

“You idiotic hormone active jerk! I’m not talking about kink!” she said a tad louder attracting suspicious stares.

Chorong turned beet red and hid their handcuffed hands behind, “I was thinking about choosing the dog leash,”

“Idiot! I’m not a dog!” She wanted to scream all of her frustrations but being in public was not much of a help, “Give me the key, now!”

“If you want it, then take it,”

“And where am I supposed to take it?” She asked desperately.

“Well, I hid it safely in my boxer’s pocket,” he smirked.

“Damn you Luhan!” she wailed, “Dearie, I don’t mind if you take it right here right now,”

She stared incredulously at him and sighed in defeat, “Can we just go through it already? It’s gonna be a long night,”

Luhan smiled cheekily, “Gladly,”

 

“Please tell me why are we buying matching stuffs? And why are we inside a couple shop?”

Chorong doesn’t know why but they ended up inside a couple shop buying couple mugs, couple shirts, couple hats, and anything that can be matched. Luhan has been picking random items and insisted on buying them while all could Chorong do is shout and quarrel.

“Because we’re on a date,” Luhan said as if it was the most common thing to say. Chorong flushed and looked away not wanting to be seen.

“Yeah right, a date with handcuffs,” she snorted.

“Well at least I didn’t use a dog leash! And wow dearie, finally, you acknowledge this as a date!”

“W-what? When d-did I acknowledge this as a date? I said no such thing!” she stuttered looking down making her fall to the sides covering her face.

Luhan shook his head in amusement. Park Chorong, how can you be so dense? He looked around and exclaimed, “Oh looky here!”

Poor Chorong got towed again by Luhan, “What is it this time? We already bought a lot!”

“Don’t complain dearie, I’m not making you pay nor carry all the stuffs!”

“Then let me pay for the share!” She suggested.

He chuckled and caressed her cheeks which made her blush and flinch backwards, “A man never lets his woman pay during dates,”

“Who said I was your woman!?”

“Can I see your couple rings?” Luhan asked the person at the counter ignoring Chorong who was fanning herself because the heat of her cheeks was too much.

“Luhan this is too overboard now! I won’t wear a same ring as yours!” Luhan looked at her and smirked. Oh my goodness, save me from this hell! She thought.

“Who says this was for both of us?” Luhan raised a brow. Chorong immediately looked down both embarrassed and slightly disappointed. Stupid Chorong why are you disappointed? She reprimanded.

“I’m going to give this to rocky on the music festival. I would love to see her wearing the same ring as mine,” He told her.

Chorong blinked, “You’ll give a couple ring to Rocky?” to me?

“You can’t stop me from doing that dearie, my love for her is far too stronger than my compassion for you,”

“Define compassion, will you please?” Chorong said dripping with sarcasm.

“Oh you know me teasing you, ruining your day, making you scream profanities, yeah sort of like that,” He ended with a sly smirk hanging at the end of his lips.

“Wow is that what you call compassion?” She glared at him, “Yes, that’s what I can call special compassion for you,” he chided before proceeding to look at the rings.

“What do you think she’ll like here?” He asked.

Chorong looked at the rings before her, “Why are you asking me?”

“You’re a girl, you know what Rocky might like since she’s a girl as well,” He concluded, “duh,”

Chorong made a face at him which he responded back. She observed every ring and something trapped her trance. It was a simple ring but the carved little phrase made her intrigued, “Love is within,” she read out loud.

“Oh ma’am that’s a very wonderful choice!” the person on the counter said, “That couple ring was specially made by a married jeweller and that jeweller did that alongside his wife.”

“The couple believed that the person you see outside is not what’s inside. That’s what the phrase means: love is within.”

“I’ll take that one,” Luhan said which surprised the explaining person in front of them. The guy nodded and started taking out the couple ring and prepared it to be sold.

“Why did you choose that? It was just a simple ring,” Chorong asked. Luhan smiled; a smile she has never seen before. She felt her heart fall down from its place as she look at Luhan, “I like it, I mean, the phrase,” He looked at her dead spot on the eyes. Brown orbs boring each other twinkling with adoration, “Love is within,”

“Here you go sir!” The counter guy spoke breaking the tension between them. Luhan turned away from Chorong who coughed awkwardly.

“Thanks, you got good stuffs in here,” Luhan said tucking the little velvet box in his pockets.

“No problem sir! Our shop aims to tie bonds of couples, it’s nice to be a part of their love story,”

“Oh you misunderstood!” Chorong said waving, “We’re not a couple,”

“That’s unfortunate, well at least we’ll hope you two will be!” Chorong was about to say something but Luhan already said goodbye and because of their cuffed hands, she was dragged outside as well.

 

“So the key was in my bag the whole time!?” Chorong shouted at the lad sitting in front of her, “Yes. I secretly slipped it in while we were walking,”

“So the whole time, I was holding the key to my freedom?” Luhan nodded. Chorong groaned and massaged her right wrist, “Damn it hurts,”

“I ordered some ice, you can dab a little ice on it later,” Luhan said eyeing her wrist.

“This is your entire fault idiot!”

The two went on bickering until the food arrived. Like any ordinary date, at the end they will have to eat. Luhan took her to a little ramen shop by the street and Chorong demanded to get rid of the handcuffs. The guy told her that the key was inside her bag the whole time making her fume with madness and ended up kicking poor Luhan on his shin outside.

“Well because of you as well I’ll also apply ice to my junior!” Luhan hissed.

“Blame yourself!” she spat taking a bite of her dumplings.

Chorong stopped eating when Luhan suddenly threw her something. She looked at the object and saw that it was the red velvet ring box, “Why are you throwing this at me?”

“Let’s make a promise,” he started, “We wear both rings. But if the time comes that we’ll like someone, we should stop wearing this,”

“What is this kind of proposal Luhan?” Because I like you Park Chorong, and I want you to be tied with me, even if it’s not for long, even if it’s just a game, even if it’s temporary, even if it’s like this.

“I have my reasons,” He said and looked away.

“B-but this is for rocky?” She said but then mentally punched herself because she knows herself that rocky and Chorong was one.

“Like she’d accept that, I’m being too delusional as a fanboy of hers,” He chortled and took a sip of his ice tea.

“Fine,” She opened the box and slipped the ring on her finger. She stared at it and reflexively smiled. She doesn’t know why, but somehow, how the ring fit her, it feels right.

 


my bday on monday yay.