01 : rong dearie and lu idiot

Confessions 101

Monday mornings inside the park residence has always been a hassle. Mrs. Park running around the kitchen preparing breakfast for four, mr. Park struggling to fix his tie, Seungjo dashing out from the showers, and while chorong, well she is still busy dozing off admist the chaos happening inside her house.

Her alarm clock rang out echoing inside her room. She groaned and grabbed a pillow burrying her face on it. "damn it," she cursed in her thoughts. Sitting up, she groggily looked at the time glaring at the clock while doing so. "7:15," blinking once, twice, she jolted up her bed realizing she only has a few minutes left to prepare for school. "What a nice way to start the week,"

 

 Running out of their house with a loaf of bread on one would definitely think that this girl is running late.

"Ahoy there!" Mentally rolling her eyes, she ignored the person who called her and continued walking at a fast pace towards the bus stop.

"Oh choco loaf, my favorite," the loaf of bread on was snatched. She glared at the culprit before spatting out, "what do you want luhan? Go away,"

He took a bite of the loaf and smirked, "Good morning to you too rong rong," he then returned the loaf on chorong's mouth which made the latter much more annoyed. She took the loaf and threw it at a nearby trash bin.

"Im running late for the bus so could you just please stop bugging me? And why are you following me anyway? Where's your car?" The frown on her face made it obvious on how irritated she is now.

 "One question at a time dearie," Chorong made a face at luhan's endearment and chose to ignore the guy and sprinted to the bus stop.

 

She was a mess once she reached the stop. Placing one hand above her chest and the other one on her knee, she tried her best to balance her breathes. The bus came a few minutes after and she immediately entered it. She took a sit for two by the window on the seventh row and sighed in relief. "Just on time," she closed her eyes and smiled softly hoping for a smooth day despite the rough start.

Or so she thought it will be a smooth day. "Answering your questions, no i won't stop bugging you since it’s like one of my personal hobby. Secondly, i am not following you. And lastly, my car is confiscated for a month. Unfortunate for me to be sitting around in a bus for weeks, while fortunate for you to get a chance to sit beside the most handsome guy in existence," crossing her arms, she faced luhan who was sitting beside her with his trademark smirk plastered on his face.

"First of all idiot," she started stressing the word idiot with much force and coldness. "I don't know how you got here but can you go away because that is Eunji's seat," she grit her teeth and luhan who was witnessing her rant seems to enjoy the situation. "Go away,"

 Without any sign of hesitance he answered, "no,"

She raised a hand as a sign of her surrender. "Gosh you're hopeless,"

"Nope, let me correct that. You are hopeless." Once again massaging her temples she thought to herself with full sarcasm. "What a nice way to start the week,"

 Luhan who was beside her thought to himself as well while staring at Chorong's distressed face. "What a great way to start the week,"

 

“Oh gosh Rong, is it the end of the world already?” Chorong’s bestfriend Eunji dramatically gasped at her while the other was entering the combination of her locker.

Succeeding at entering the combination she looked at her bestfriend and gave a confused look, “What do you mean by that?” as she opened it 2 letters fell on the floor. Eunji being the bestfriend she is knelt down to pick it up.

“I mean you went to school with Luhan. Is this a sign of the world finally ending?” The busan girl said while reading Chorong’s letter, “Once I entered the bus I was about to scream for help when I saw you sitting next to him,”

“You’re over reacting Eunji. That idiot just loves pestering me and you of all people know that,” Eunji nodded, “Oh hey check this out, this one says you’re the angel that was sent down from heaven!” Eunji’s laughter filled the hallway and all Chorong could do was inwardly groan at her.

“Give me that!” she snatched the two letters from Eunji while she was still busy laughing. “I don’t get why I keep receiving confessions this year. This is so annoying that all of them say the same thing,” She said before crumpling both letters and throwing them.

“Hey that was just mean!” Eunji scolded but she just waved a hand at her bestfriend dismissing the topic. “I don’t like receiving confessions,” she trailed off. “they just say the same pick-ups and get ups all the time,”

 

Silently praying for the ground to open up and swallow her, Chorong facepalmed herself in exasperation. The last thing she’d want to do in school is getting paired with Luhan. But here she is face to face with Luhan whose playful smirk never seems to be erased on his face.

“Why was I paired with you again?” she muttered under her breathe. “Because you need this face ...” he said while pointing at his face. “to pass this project. And me being the humble prince I am will help a low life peasant like you to pass.”

“Seriously?” she half whine, half groan at him. The project is just simple though. It was just a pair up dramatic oration in front of the whole class. Chorong was hoping to be paired with a girl. But fate must have made a mistake because once the teacher mentioned her name the next name mentioned was Luhan.

“Oh come on peasant, have high spirits because I will conquer this quest and we will succeed!” she can’t help but raise her palm against her face again for the umpteenth time. “I’m such a good actor huh?” she looked up at Luhan who was now on his so called I’m-a-prince pose.

“No,”

“Aha Rong, I know that when you say no it actually means yes,”

“No,”

“You said yes again.” Holy chicken feet, can I just die now? Glaring at the guy in front of her, she wants to raise the white flag and surrender in defeat.

“Shut up,” Luhan grinned at her, “How about shutting me up with those lips,” he said pointing at Chorong’s lips.

Chorong gasped and stood up from her seat. “ert!” and then she stalked out of the room leaving Luhan laughing loudly inside the Classroom.

 

“He’s so annoying! I want to rip every tissue in his body, break all his bones, twist all his muscles, and ugh I just want to kill him!” Chorong ranted at her bestfriend who came running for her once she stalked out of the room.

Eunji chortled and patted her bestfriend, “Calm down ahaha,”

“And you find this situation funny?” Eunji shook her head and bit her lower lip to suppress her laughter which made Chorong glare at her. “Ok ok so yeah maybe I find this sort of funny,”

“How come?” she complained “You saw me got harassed by that idiot back there and you find that funny?”

“I’m sorry, I won’t laugh again I promise,” Eunji’s laugh gas failed her though since she still ended up laughing. “Sorry rong, your expression was just so priceless!”

“I’m glad I amuse you,”

“Ok, I’m serious now, I’m sorry,” A calmed Eunji finally said. “But why were you so affected anyway, it’s not like Luhan doesn’t harass you every day?”

“Don’t even mention his name!” the two kept on bantering not noticing they were heading to the school canteen.

Sighing, “Hey why don’t we go grab something to eat? Might as well something to drink to cool your head,” Eunji suggested.

“Fine,”

 

“Chorong ssi, please accept my declaration of love for you.” A boy with a bouquet of flowers knelt down in front of her. She was a bit taken back since she was just about to eat a mouthful of pasta when the guy suddenly knelt down in front of her and Eunji. Eunji well being the careless girl she is choked down on her water and coughed loudly beside.

Chorong took a first glance at the boy, she knew him. He was her classmate when she was still on her junior year. She sighed and pushed the bouquet away from her, “sorry but no.”

“T-then at least let me prove my love for you! L-let me court you!” all eyes were on them and she just felt so little at the number of eyes on her. In a hushed voice she whispered, “I’m so sorry but no,”

The guy was about to speak again with the way he was about to open his mouth, but he got interfered with a sudden intrusion, “Hey dearie what scene are you doing here?”

Xi Luhan. Chorong groaned inwardly. First she has to deal with this confession then now she also has to deal with Luhan. “Well as you can see, I’m rejecting a confession so could you please,” she said in a low voice whilst sending glare daggers at Luhan.

“oh I see, then...” He faced the guy and with a cold aura he exclaimed, “The lady said no right? Don’t force yourself if she doesn’t want to.” Oblivious to Chorong, the two guys were exchanging death stares, “forcing one’s unhappiness to someone you love is pointless, so stop bothering the lady and go away.”

The situation was the centre of attention inside the canteen. Chorong was left dumbfounded at what Luhan just said. Staring at the idiot she despises she felt as if what he said made sense.

“Fine.” She averted her eyes to the guy who was confessing just a while ago. She watched him leave the canteen and there was a pang of guilt felt at the lower pit of her stomach.

“Wow so much for a drama scene,” luhan laughed and tapped Chorong. “I told you I was born to be an actor!” Chorong’s jaw dropped. So all of those were just acting? Just when chorong was about to believe that Luhan has a sincere spot in him, it all turned out to be a fake.

“Ugh go away Luhan.” She whined running her fingers through her hair in frustration.

“Not a chance dearie,” He winked before leaving.

 

Chorong bid goodbye to Eunji before jumping down the bus. A busy day just ended and now she needs to prepare herself for another one. And least she expected, Luhan popped out of nowhere.

“Why are you even following me?” luhan blinked innocently at her. “I’m not following you. My house is next to yours, duh.” He said a matter-of-factly.

“Then walk home with a big distance away from me,” she said shoving him away.

“Nah, I like walking next to you...” she stared at him weirdly, “you know so that I could pester you.” Her nostrils flared and she had no choice but to stomp her feet away from him.

“I was just kidding!” he shouted while laughs escape from his mouth.

 

Shaking her head she ran inside their house shouting a quick ‘I’m home,’ she went up to her secret haven and muttered a whisper, “finally,”

Her studio at the attic has been her haven ever since she entered highschool. One of the things people don’t know about her is she’s the famous online dj named ‘rocky’. It’s been like this every night, she’ll be live for an hour talking to random teenagers giving them advices and sharing stories. It was her secret that she wants to keep – but of course eunji knows so does her family.

Glancing at her clock, she smiled to herself. “It’s time,” she her computer and equipments, placed her headphones, and went in front of her microphone. This time, she wasn’t Chorong, the short, cute, highschool girl everyone knew. This time she’s Rocky, the friendly, witty, talkative, optimistic, charming online dj known in the world known as internet.

“And now were live at here with Rocky! Good evening people!” she started her usual greetings and went through her number of entries on her email until one caught her attention. This seems interesting. She opened the email and read it out loud, “so I got this email from an anonymous listener, let’s see what he or she sent.” She started reading the first paragraph.

“hey rocky I know it’s awkward for me to send this letter to you instead to the girl I like but yeah I just thought since you’re popular she might be one of your listeners.” She said a joke about ‘of course she’ll be listening to me, i’m a star duh,’ before continuing, “So I wish you can read this to her.” she side commented saying ‘im already reading it,’ and laughed at her own witty joke.

“Dear Chorong,” chorong almost choked on her own spit. Why was her name there? Why? She blinked several times before reading it again. And now she was sure it is her name. Holy chicken feet.

 

On the other side of the room Luhan was wearing his earphones while listening to her. ofcourse he knew it’s her. He’s been neighbours with her since they were in diapers and the studio at the attic was too obvious. A smile was tug at the corner of his lips as he heard her cough after she just mentioned her own name. Go on dearie, you haven’t even read the whole thing yet. He placed his hands at the back of his head while staring at the window of chorong’s bedroom with a boyish smile on his face.


is it too sudden for me to post an update so fast? sorry i just got too excited for this story that i cant stop myself from writing an update. i hope this update can attract more readers! do comment since i highly appreciate it and it keeps the procrastination away. weeps im talking too much, bye dearies!

-witheredwriter

p/s: comments are highly appreciated. insert lurong puppy face here.