Chapter 9

Anything For You

*Flashback: Four years ago. (Get ready for a long flashback ;] )

Victoria and Yuri were in love, a kind of love that everyone admired. After the incident with Victoria, Yuri changed. She drank and partied. And mentioned before, “preyed on many girls”, figuratively speaking of course. But others can’t help it. Yuri was handsome for a girl, beautiful, and y, you would say. That’s what attracts so many girls to her. Her mysterious dark eyes just take you in. So, is it really Yuri’s fault that so many girls want her? (Rhetorical question, right? HAHA). But she fell in love again when she met Jessica, but their kind of love was different than with Victoria’s. They instantly clicked as if it was meant to be.

Victoria is obstinate. She was deeply, no, more like madly in love with Yuri. Their love was perfect until she grew obsessive with Yuri.  She grew so obsessive that she would “get rid” of those who were in her way.

///

Yuri wrapped her arms around Victoria. “Hey. I have to go pick an old friend of mine up from the airport. Don’t wait for me. ‘Kay?”

“Okay. Be safe.”  Yuri gave a quick peck on her lips and left.

Yuri waited patiently at the airport.

“Yuri unnie!”

Yuri turned around and gave her a warm hug. “Yoona! It’s been a while.”

“Unnie~ how have you been?” Yoona was very happy to see her.

“Great!” Yuri smiled. “It’s getting late. You’re probably hungry. Let’s go to a nearby café for a quick bite.”

They left the airport and Yuri drove them to Soshi Café.  They took a seat near the front of the café, where the big window is.  Yuri has always been keeping in contact with Yoona about everything that was happening and Yoona too.

“Yuri unnie, you seem happier.”

Yuri chuckled. “Maybe it’s love.”

“Victoria unnie has done wonders on you.” Yoona giggled.

Yuri laughed again. “Yup. I love her.”

“I can tell.” But…I still love you, Yoona thought. 

They talked for who knows how long. Well, Victoria does.  She has been watching them from afar, more like across the street.  Oh, so that’s Yoona. So this was the old friend Yuri was referring to. She stood there for a while and casually walked into the café.

“Yuri~”

“Oh hey. I thought you’d be asleep by now.”

Victoria sat down close next to Yuri and leaned in till their lips met.

Yoona was feeling uncomfortable, but that was Victoria’s plan.

At least she’s happy, Yoona though.

“You must me Victoria unnie. Yuri unnie has told me so much about you.” Yoona gave a bow and offered her hand.

Yuri snapped back to reality. “Oh haha. This is Yoona. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen her. She decided to come from America to continue her acting and modeling career.”

Victoria smiled at Yoona and shook her hand. “Nice to meet finally meet you. Yuri has talked about you a lot.” But behind that smile, she was having an uneasy feeling about her.

“I almost forgot. You don’t have a place to stay. Why don’t you stay over at my place for now?” Yuri faced Victoria, “You okay with that?”

Oh, why do you have to be so nice, Yuri, Victoria thought. “Of course that would be fine. I’d be happy to have you stay with us.”

///

Yuri pulled up her car to the driveway and took out the keys to the apartment. She helped Yoona with her luggage.

“Yoona, this is your room. Hope you like it.”

“Thank you, unnie!” Yoona gave Yuri a hug before entering her room.

Yuri went to her room and found Victoria staring at her with her arms crossed.

Oh boy, what now? Yuri knew Victoria was the jealous type and she was trying to control herself.

“Victoria. I know what you’re thinking. Yoona is just an old friend of mine. You don’t have to worry.” Yuri got closer to Victoria, but she stepped back.

“You think that way, but probably she doesn’t. Can’t you tell that she still has feelings for you? I can already tell and I barely know her.” Victoria let out a breath of air, showing her frustration.

“Okay. Calm down.” Yuri was flustered. “You don’t trust me?”

“I trust you, not her.  You told me about her before.  She used to like you! How can I stay calm?!?!”

Yuri was trying to get her girlfriend to relax. “But that was a thing of the past. I told you about my past because I wanted no secrets between us. I don’t believe we’re having an argument now of all times.”

Victoria loosened up a bit. “I do trust you.”

“Let’s get this cleared up.  She liked me, but I didn’t feel the same way. We were both young. Yoona and I have already cleared it between us long ago. Besides, I have you.”

Victoria was breathing evenly now. Yuri always had a way with her words. Yuri hugged her and leaned in till their lips touched. The kiss became heated and passionate. As their lips were still attached, Victoria closed and locked the door behind them with a smirk on her face.

Little did Yuri know, Yoona heard everything, just the way Victoria wanted to happen.  Yoona cried silently as a certain someone moaned Yuri’s name in the room.

///

Yuri went off to work and got off late at night. While walking to her car, she heard a scream. “HELP!” Why does that voice sound so familiar? Yuri ran to the distress call and found Yoona surrounded by two men.  She was being cornered. Yuri went behind the two men and crashed their heads together and kicked them in their stomachs; she was furious. Before they could respond, she grabbed Yoona’s hand and ran like their lives depended on it.

Yuri took her back to the apartment.

“Are you okay? Did they hurt you?” Yuri was worried.

“No.  Lucky you were there.” Yoona gave a weak smile.

Yuri was relieved and gave her a warm hug. I wish we could stay like this, Yoona thought.

///

The two men were frustrated to be beaten by a girl. They walked to the back of the alleyway.

“Ah. You two have failed me. I knew I shouldn’t have sent you two men to do a woman’s job.” The lady threw the package of money at them. She sighed and left them. I’ll try again next time.

///

Yoona has been silent these days. Yuri noticed.  She has stayed in the confinement of her room only coming out for food and the bathroom. Yoona told Yuri she was okay. She just needed some rest from what happened the other day. Yuri understood and left her alone.

Yuri got home from work early and noticed that the gas has been leaking. She hurried to Yoona’s room and found that she has fainted on the floor.  She turned off the gas, opened all the windows and carried Yoona out. Once again, she was fortunate enough to get there in time to save Yoona.

Yoona woke up. “Wh-What happened?”

Yuri helped her get up. “You almost died in there!”

“I think I was trying to cook something.” Yoona was still a bit weak and scared due to the near death experience.

After the gas has cleared out, Yoona went to rest. Yuri went into the kitchen to investigate. How could this have happened? Yoona’s always a careful person.  She looked around and noticed a tiny piece of red string hooked onto the grill of the stove.  No one would have noticed it if they haven’t looked closely.

She picked up the evidence. Wasn’t Victoria wearing a red coat today? She walked into Yoona’s room. She wasn’t asleep yet, just closing her eyes.

“Yoona, did you see Victoria this morning?”

“Victoria unnie? She left after you left.”

“Do you remember what she was wearing?”

“I think it was a red coat.” Yoona was puzzled. Why is she asking me this? But she just shook it off. Yuri unnie was always odd.

///

Yuri had her suspicions about Victoria. How could she do this? No, it can’t be. Yuri decided to let it go. I’m probably just thinking too much. But her conscience took over. Then why would Yoona do such a thing? Accidents happen, that was her answer.

Yuri decided to take the weekend off to spend time with Victoria. She told her about the gas leaking incident with Yoona. Victoria was shocked to hear what happened.

Is Victoria really behind all this? Yuri was focused in her thoughts.  She decided to look into this. When she thought about it, Victoria has been a bit busy lately. She would leave the house after Yuri left. Usually she wouldn’t leave till Yuri called her on the phone. Thinking more into it, she’s been a bit different since Yoona’s arrival. Yuri couldn’t believe she noticed it now.  A part of her was hoping she was wrong about Victoria, that it was just a mistake; she wasn’t going to believe it until she saw Victoria in the act herself. Yuri was so in love with her. 

Victoria thought Yuri would never come to the conclusion that she was the one behind all these unfortunate events.  Yuri knew Victoria was clever and different. That was what got Yuri hooked onto her.  Yuri may be the carefree type, but when she got down to business, she was like a whole different person. 

On the other hand, Victoria was furious to see the closeness between Yuri and Yoona. Each time some awful event happened to her, Yuri would always be there to help her. What a coincidence! Fate can’t be playing against me. This is the final straw. She will know who Yuri belongs to.

///

Yoona has been staying at Yuri’s place for awhile. She was able to find an agency to work at. Due to her beauty, talents, and impressive resume, she was able to automatically find work. I will be moving out once I find a place. I haven’t told Yuri about my plans because too much has happened.  I thought my feelings for Yuri vanished, but they resurfaced when I saw her again at the airport. I guess being away from someone doesn’t do you any good. Sigh. So many unfortunate things seem to be happening since I have returned.  I don’t want to worry Yuri too much.

Yoona got ready and took the cab to work.

*End Flashback. (TBC in a future chapter.)