Chapter 16

Anything For You

Taeyeon bumped into Tiffany along the way and they decided to hang out for a bit. They walked to the park and sat down on the bench, enjoying the gentle breeze of the wind. 

Taeyeon spoke first.  “A lot has happened, huh?”

“Yeah. Lots.  I’m glad everything’s over now.  Yuri and Jessica finally get their happy ending.”

“Haha. Y-yeah. Finally,” She smiled. I wonder when I will get my happy ending too. 

Whenever Taeyeon was near Tiffany, she would get nervous and her heart would beat faster.  This was exactly what was happening now and she was fidgeting in her seat.  The whole problem with Victoria had kept everyone occupied and distracted.  It distracted Taeyeon from her thoughts about Tiffany, so she can help Yuri seriously.  But when it also involved Tiffany, Taeyeon was scared and worried for her. 

Taeyeon mustered up the courage to talk to Tiffany.  It was now or never.  Now seemed like the right moment.  There were no more distractions or problems to keep Taeyeon from postponing her confession.

“Erm…Tiffany.  There’s been something I wanted to tell you for a while.”

Tiffany turned to face Taeyeon. “Hmmm?”

“…I-I...” Taeyeon inhaled and exhaled deeply and proceeded with her words.

“Tiffany, when you were kidnapped, I got so scared that something bad was going to happen to you.  I thought,” she paused, “I was going to lose you.  This may seem all of a sudden but…” Taeyeon looked sincerely into Tiffany’s eyes and held onto Tiffany’s hands.

 “Tiffany Hwang, I love you.  I always had and always will.  Will you be my girlfriend?”

Tiffany was taken aback by this.  She didn’t expect that Taeyeon would confess to her.

“No.”

Taeyeon was speechless and looked down.  Her heart started to break.

Tiffany started laughing. 

“Took you long enough.”

“Huh?” Taeyeon looked up.

“I always wanted to say ‘no’ just for the heck of it.”

“So is that—

“I’ve been waiting for you to confess.” Tiffany blushed.  She leaned in and whispered, “And that’s a Yes, Kim Taeyeon. I would love to be your girlfriend.”

Taeyeon’s heart was pounding rapidly and the moment can’t get any better, they shared a kiss, declaring a new start for the both of them.