Chapter 3

Anything For You

*Flashback: A week ago.

How many years has it been since she last seen her? Yuri knew she’d come back, but just didn’t know when.  She was driving to her home.  In her mind, the line replayed over and over again.

“Wait for me, Yuri.  I will come back.” She remembered how she said it in such a devilish way.

She kept on driving and suddenly a figure stood in front of her car. She stepped on the breaks and her tires screeched. She stopped just in time before she hit whoever was in front of her. Yuri stepped out of her car, took off her sunglasses, and glared at the figure in front of her.

“What do you want, Victoria?” Yuri said sternly.

“Why so cold? I’m back Yuri.  Aren’t you happy to see me?” She laughed. “What a coincidence? We’re meeting the same way how we met the first time.”

“The first time was an accident. This time is intentional.  Not exactly the same to me.”

Victoria walked up to Yuri and placed her hand on her cheek. “You’re still the same.”

Yuri pulled Victoria’s hand away from her face and repeated, “What do you want?”

Victoria remained silent with a smile plastered on her face. 

Yuri was losing her patience. “What do you want?” She asked again for the third time, more like a demand.

Victoria whispered into her ear, “You…”

///

Yuri and Victoria went to a café nearby.

Victoria spoke first. “So, I heard you got yourself a new girl.”

“What’s it to you?” Yuri was starting to get frustrated. She didn’t want to be here, especially being there with her.

“You know I always get what I want.”

*End Flashback