Chapter 11

Anything For You

Where am I? She finally woke up and found herself in a dark room.  She looked around.  All she could hear was the steady breathing of another person.  She followed the breathing.  She looked closely at the body and was able to make it out in darkness that it was Tiffany.  Jessica nudged her with her head.  Their arms and legs were tied.  Tiffany finally woke up with a horrible headache.

“Ow…what’s happening?”

“We’ve been kidnapped.”

“I figured that much,” Tiffany replied.  “What happened?  Do you remember how you ended up here?”

“There was this girl. I have never seen her before and she told me something happened to Yuri. I was dumb.  I let her in my home and the next thing I know, she attacked me and knocked me out.”  Jessica looked down.  She can’t believe she let a complete stranger into her home.  What was I thinking?

“Jessica, it’s not your fault.  I mean, the situation is getting to all of us and messing with our minds and emotions.”

Jessica nodded mindlessly and sighed.

“Erm…Jessica. I was going over to your place today and there’s something I needed to tell you. Something Yuri hasn’t told you.”

Jessica stared at Tiffany. “Wh-what do you mean?”

“Yuri hasn’t actually been totally truthful with you.”

Jessica remained silent.

“Yes, she’s told you about her habits with girls and whatnot, but she hasn’t told you about her first love, the incident that made her become that way.”

Jessica was clueless. Finding out that Yuri was hiding secrets from her was hurting her.

“Tell me…”

Mustering her strength and courage to tell Jessica, she replied, “That girl that attacked you, her name is Victoria Song.”

///

*Flashback: 4 years ago.

Yuri was running late on her schedule and decided to speed up her driving. She didn’t know the meter was slowly creeping into the 80’s.  She didn’t see the red light and the person in front.

***SCREEECH***BANG***

The car finally made a stop and Yuri quickly rushed to see if the person she hit was alright. Yuri knelt down and found that a puddle of blood was already forming on the ground. Oh no, what do I do?

“Hey. You there?! I’m sorry. I’m taking you to the hospital.” Yuri was panicking. She carried the girl into her car and drove to the hospital where the girl was taken into the emergency room.

Yuri waited.  She felt horrible for almost killing someone. AghHow will I ever forgive myself? Please let her be Ok. I promise, no more reckless driving…?

The light in the emergency room went off.  The doctor came out and told Yuri that the girl was alright. No major organs were damaged, just that an excessive amount of blood loss.  Yuri thanked him and went in to visit her.  Thank God!

Yuri sat beside the bed and stared into her face.

The girl finally woke up.

“Hey,” Yuri said, as she helped lifted her up on the bed.

“I’m sorry about the accident.  I’ll make it up to you. I promise I’ll take full responsibility for this accident. Um…er…You mind telling me your name?”

The girl gave a weak smile. “Victoria. Victoria Song.”

*End Flashback

///

Tiffany continued, “That was how they met. It turned out that Victoria is the daughter of the owner of Song Enterprise.  This successful business place has been around for decades, so they are quite powerful and wealthy.  Well, anyway…afterwards, they were inseparable. To cut the story short, they fell in love. Everything was going smoothly until...”

Jessica slowly exhaled.  Tiffany told her what happened in the end.