Chapter 12

Anything For You

Yuri sped along the highway and stopped abruptly when she reached an old abandoned warehouse.  She stepped out of the car.

“Taeng. Stay in the car.”

“No. I’m coming with you.”

“No. I don’t want to get you hurt too.  I want you to get the cops here.”

Yuri paused. “If anything happens…

“Nothing’s gonna happen.”

Yuri nodded.  No more running away.  I need to confront her myself. I have to make things right, even if it puts me in danger.

Taeyeon watched as Yuri slowly made her way up to the warehouse. Be safe.

///

*Flashback – Continued (the continuation from Chapter 9)

Yoona woke up to a beautiful morning. Yuri and Victoria already left for work.  She got dressed and left for work. When she got into the building, the receptionist said someone by the name of Kwon Yuri has called her. 

The receptionist handed her the note she took from the call.

The note read:

 Since I’m getting off work early today and we haven’t hung out in a while, let’s meet up at our old place.

Yoona smiled at the message.  These days Yuri was been a bit protective of Yoona. She would always pick her up from work.

///

“And…CUT!” the director shouted. “Great job Yoona.  That’s it for today. See you tomorrow.”

Yoona bowed and left the building and made her way to their meeting place.  The meeting place wasn’t anyplace special. It was a simple grassy field a little off of town, a place where Yuri and Yoona first met and hung out as kids.

“Hey Yoona!”

Yoona turned around.

“…Victoria unnie?”

///

Yuri sat in her office swamped with paperwork.  I should give Victoria a call that I will be going home late. I also need to tell Yoona I’ll be picking her up late. She dials Victoria’s number, but she does not answer it.

How strange.  She’s not picking up. I’ll call her work number.

 “Victoria?”

“Uh no. It’s Luna. Aren’t you supposed to be on a date with Victoria unnie right about now?” Luna is Victoria’s assistant.

What???? “Oh uhhh yeah. I just wanted to see if she was still at work.  Did she already leave?”

“Yeah.  She left not too long ago. Is there something wrong?”

“Haha. No. I’ll talk to you later. I’m gonna be late for my date. Bye.” She hung up the line. There is something really wrong here.

She decided to give Yoona a call.

“Hello. Is Yoona there?...What? She left?...When?...Did she mention where?”

“Well, she said something about an old place. I really don’t know,” responded the receptionist.  The receptionist was obviously oblivious to what was happening.

“Ok. Thank you.” Yuri grabbed her keys and raced out of her office. Old place. Old place. Yuri remembered and drove to the field.

///

“Victoria unnie? What are you doing here?”

Victoria smiled. It wasn’t a normal smile. It was a wicked one. “You are so naïve Yoona.  Yuri didn’t leave you a message at all. I did. You believe anything as long as Yuri’s involved. It was too easy since the receptionist wasn’t familiar with Kwon Yuri.  I could easily impersonate her and just simply leave a message.”

Victoria smirked. “Good thing Yuri told me enough about you to lead to this place.

“Unnie…”

“Can’t you see,” Victoria glared at Yoona, “I don’t like you.”

“…”

Victoria paused for a bit and continued to speak. “Let’s skip the small talk and cut to the chase. I know about Yuri and you.”

Yoona started to panic. “I know, but we’re just friends now.”

Victoria stepped closer to Yoona. “But I know you still have feelings for her and I won’t allow it.” Her face turned serious. “I don’t understand how Yuri can be so nice to you.  She spends too much time with you.”

Yoona knew she was in trouble right now.  

“All those times that I tried to kill you didn’t work. Every time Yuri seems to be there to save you.” Victoria looked straight at Yoona. “Yuri doesn’t know anything. I made sure that Yuri had a full schedule today. By the time she realizes you’re gone, it would be too late.”

Victoria pointed a finger at Yoona. “You. You are the problem. Removing you would be my solution.”

Yoona tried to run away, but Victoria pulled out her gun. “Don’t even think about running away or screaming for help.  There aren’t much people around here. Haha. I think I’m starting to like this place. Too bad Yuri won’t be here to save you this time.”

Yoona froze on the spot and pleaded. “Unnie. Why are you doing this?  I’ll just leave. I’m planning to leave anyway.”

“Too late for that, Yoona. Like I said, I don’t like you.  Yuri is MINE.” Victoria cocked and raised the gun.  She placed her finger on the trigger.

Yoona stood there bracing herself for the impact.  

Victoria smirked and pulled the trigger.

*Click Click*

“Oh. Heh. My bad, the safety’s on.” Victoria chuckled. She turned the safety off and resumed her position.

Yuri hurried to the field and spotted Yoona and Victoria with a gun.  She ran with all her might.

“BANG!!!”  The shot was fired. Victoria grinned, but it was quickly replaced by a frown when she saw that she had missed her target entirely.

“What?!?! How can this be?” Victoria dropped her gun and fell on her knees.  She couldn’t face the situation. She was frozen on the spot as she watched her loved one bleed. 

Yoona was crying. “Yuri unnie! Why are you so stupid!” Yuri laid on the ground with Yoona kneeling next to her. Blood was everywhere and it continued to pour out of Yuri’s stomach.

“Y-yoona...” Yuri fainted. Yoona rummaged around Yuri’s pocket for her cell phone and called for an ambulance.  The ambulance came and took Yuri.  Victoria was arrested and stayed motionless, as if she became hollow and empty, traumatized by her actions and the image of Yuri bleeding.

Yuri laid in the hospital in a coma.

Yoona, “How is she doctor?”

“She lost a lot of blood. She just needs to recover right now. I don’t know when she will wake up. It really depends on her.”

Yoona felt her eyes getting watery, but blinked them away. “Thank you.”

Tiffany and Taeyeon came to visit every day.

Yoona sat next to Yuri’s bed, “Please hurry and wake up.”

///

Victoria was arrested and taken in. Through some connections with her parents and the police, she was off the hook. Under one condition: go to America. She agreed, but requested to visit Yuri one last time.  They obliged. Victoria opened the door to Yuri’s room slowly. She sat down next to her and tucked Yuri’s bangs behind her ear.

“Yuri. I’m going to America. Don’t you dare forget me.  Remember, I love you.”

She smirked, “Wait for me, Yuri. I will come back.” She gave a light kiss on Yuri’s lips and left.

It was been a week since the incident.  Yuri was slowly starting to gain consciousness when Victoria came into the room, but didn’t have enough energy to respond.

*End Flashback