Chapter 7

Anything For You

Since the breakup, Jessica has been lifeless.  She locked herself in her apartment and slept for who knows how long.  You can tell she has been crying, but it was gotten better since she has no more tears left to cry.  Her company called her a few times for missing some photo shoots, but she didn’t care.  She can’t forget about Yuri. Whether she’s awake or asleep, thoughts about Yuri would start to form. 

There was a knock on the door. It was Sunny, her best friend.  Jessica opened the door.  Sunny has been worried about Jessica and visited her often.  Seeing her like this was heartbreaking, even for a friend.

“Jessica, are you ok?  You know you can talk to me about anything.”

“I know Sunny. I just can’t forget about her.  My heart…it hurts.”

Sunny gave her a hug. “You can’t go on like this, Sica.”

Jessica was deep in thought as she recalled certain past events.

///

*Flashback

Jessica was walking down to Yuri’s business headquarters to give her a surprise visit since she got off work early.  Jessica was a model and working her way up to be an aspiring actress. As she was walking, she saw a familiar figure being a bit too intimate with another woman. Yuri? What is she doing here?

Jessica took a closer look. It was definitely Yuri.  You can’t miss her trademark smile even from a mile away.  Yuri was having a cup of coffee with a female and being a bit too happy.  Maybe I’m just thinking too much.  I trust her.  Jessica decided that it could have been an old friend and decided to visit Yuri later.

///

It was going to be their first year anniversary and Jessica had just picked up her gift for Yuri. As she was walking down to the bookstore, she saw Yuri again with the same person and being a bit too close to be considered as “just friends”.  Thinking about it, she saw Yuri with this person quite a few times, but tried not to think too much about it.  She has even confronted Yuri a few times and she denied all of it.

Yuri sat at elegant five star restaurant, enjoying her dessert with another, near the window seats.  Jessica watched with anger and hurt as she saw the other figure feeding Yuri.  Jessica watched in horror as they shared a kiss. Jessica dropped the gift and ran. No, no, this can’t be. Yuri won’t do that to me. She thought as she ran. She promised me that I would be the only one. But it’s true, friends don’t kiss each other like that. Jessica didn’t stop till she reached her apartment.  She went to her room and wept her heart out.   

*End Flashback.

///

“Sica? Jessica???” Sunny shook Jessica, who spaced out.

“Hmm…?” Jessica broke away from her trance.

“Jessica?”

“Nothing…it’s just…it’s gonna take awhile for me to move on.”

Sunny smiled. “Remember I’m always here for you if you need anything.”