Chapter 5

Anything For You

*Flashback: One week ago.

After school, Yuri went to Soshi Café and sat at one of the booths that gave a little more privacy.  Yuri was drinking her coffee until a shadow appeared over her table.

“I knew you would look for me,” Yuri said without looking up.

She giggled.  “Did you miss me?”  She sat down across from Yuri.

“Seriously Victoria, what is it that you want from me? I thought we were over with this.” Yuri stayed calm.

“You may have thought things have ended, but I didn’t.” Victoria looked into Yuri’s eyes. “Yuri, I still lo—…

“Don’t say it. I don’t trust you. After what you’ve done and what happened, you shouldn’t even be talking to me. You come back just to be with me and tell me you love me and you’re thinking with just that I would be with you again? You must be outta your mind.”

“Then why are you still talking to me now?  I know somewhere deep in your heart you still love me.”

“No. Stop lying to yourself. Open your eyes, Victoria. Things have changed.”

“Yuri, you know what I can and will do. I’m not like you.”

“…”

“Break up with her,” Victoria said suddenly.

“…”

“Or I’ll take care of her myself.”

Yuri remained silent and composed.  She looked away and continued drinking her coffee, but inside she began falling apart.

*End Flashback