. Surgery

Once Upon A Dream (Him and His Prince Disease) (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- *This is only a FanFiction, some medical contents are not exactly what is done to reality.*

January 2004

@Kang and Kim International Medical Hospital

 

*Knock*

*Knock*

"Come in" Yeorim said in monotone. She's slouching her body in a rolling chair inside her Father's office while putting the final touch in her sketch.

"Yah~ I said come in. Who's there?" She turned her head to sneak at her back but no one entered her Father's office.

"Aish. Imagination? I guess." She anxiously smiled then continue doing her thing. She suddenly felt that she's not alone in the office anymore, she slowly gulp hard then put her sketch pad in her lap.

"Omo.. Omo! WHAAAAA!" Yeorim felt the chair moved, then it swayed left to right, swinging her body along with it. Her sketch pad fly to the ground "KYAA! ST-STOP ITTTT!" She seeing her world is going round, and round, and round.

*Capture*

*Capture*

Then a light flushed infront of her face "STOP ITTTT!!!" She wailed. She already know who's that person is.

Junmyeon took a picture at her dizzy face. Her world is still twirling *Capture* "I SAID STOP IT KIM JOON MYEON!!!!" she exclaimed angrily.

"Whahahaha!" Yeorim heard a burst of hard laughed from Joon Myeon whose looking at his phone scrolling of her derp face.

Yeorim quickly grab her Sketch Pad into the ground "STUPID! STUPID! YOU SILLY STUPID BASTARD!! WHAAA! YOU JERK KIM JUNMYEON" she cursed while hitting him with her sketch pad.

Suddenly, an idea popped inside Yeorim's head, making her smirk in victory as she realized how awesome it would be.

While Junmyeon was lying at the floor laughing so hard. She tilted her head to the office table and got a red and black colored markers.

She mentally laughed and jumped above Junmyeon's body then quickly start drawing onto his eyebrows brows using the black marker making it so thick that he looked so laughable. She were about to burst into a fit of laughter but she forced herself not to and proceeded on coloring Junmyeon's lips with the red marker.

"Yah! Yah! Stop! Yeorim stop!" He wailed aggressively but Yeorim was sitting on his tummy and stepping in his arms.

"BWAHAHAHAHA!" Yeorim burst into nuclear bomb laughter while looking at Junmyeon's clown face.

Yeorim quickly stood up and attempting to run for her life but it's too late. Junmyeon pulled her waist then rolled her up to the floor.

Junmyeon sat on top of Yeorim and began tickling her sides. She burst into laughter again.

“Hahahahahaha! Stop it, Joon Myeom! Stop!” Then Junmyeon saw the markers lying on the ground and began drawing on her face. Yeorim's eyes widened.

“Huh... guess who started it first...” Junmyeon smirked as he drew on her smooth and milky white skin. He drew the same thing she did to him as he smirked in satisfaction.

"You started it first Oppa!" Gathering all of her strength while Junmyeon was busy laughing to Yeorim's face, she doubled over and now, Yeorim was on top of Junmyeon again. She began tickling his sides as Junmyeon laughed.

“I’m so gonna kill you, Yeorim! Yah! Hahahaha! St-stop!” Junmyeon protested then Yeorim stopped.

The both of them got up as Junmyeon rubbed the back of his neck in awkwardness.

“Hey, we should take a selca!” Yeorim grabbed her phone and held Junmyeon close to her.

Once they heard the click, she looked at the picture and it turned out perfectly fine. She handed her phone to Junmyeon.

“Our first picture after so many years...”Junmyeon muttered and smiled. He held Yeorim closer as he hugged her tightly.

“Hey...” Yeorim softened at his sudden action. "We should wash our face now, Silly." She pinched Joon Myeon's nose then pulled away from him leaving Junmyeon starring at her phone.

Yeorim walked in the bathroom to washing her face then she heard Junmyeon's voice again "Yah!! Yeorim!!! Who is this guy!!! Huh??!"

She quickly went out the bathroom and saw Joon Myeon starring at her phone making a Eww-Gross face.

She grabbed her phone away from Junmyeon "That's Tao." she smiled anxiously.

"Ta- What?!" He gasped. "Who the hell is he? And why is he on your phone?! You already replaced me? Your bestfriend for life!!" He groaned.

"Argh! Can you shut up? Please. Your so loud." She rolled her eyes "He's my classmate. My friend, Ok? My friend." She eyed him heavily. "And he love taking Selca at my Phone, Arasso?" She added.

Junmyeon calmed his nerves then hieved out a soft sign. Yeorim patted her head. "I wonder where my father is." She mumbled

"So did I." He spoke "Ah! They're at the operating room with my Appa." He smiled.

"Ahh. I hope I can watch them doing some Operations at the paitents." Yeorim spit out.

"Duh! Eww. There's so many bloods everywhere!" He said in disgust.

 

 

"It's ok. Just calm. Inhale.....Exhale." Hyun Byul was relaxing the boy, he did what Hyun Byul said "It only takes a while" then give the boy a thumbs up. The boy flashed his smile, dimple appeared.

"Put the Pulse Oximeter to the boy" Boreum (Junmyeon's father) ordered the nurse.

The nurse nodded then quickly put the object which is used for evaluating the oxygen status of patients. It provides continuous, non-invasive monitoring of oxygen saturation of haemoglobin in arterial blood. Its results are updated with each pulse wave.

 

"Where's the Anesthetic Mask?" Hyun Byul (Yeorim's Father) "Oh here it is." He smiled while holding to a black silicone Anesthesia masks then put it to the boy. That mask are designed to administer anesthetic gases to a patient through inhalation. It fits over the mouth and nose and have a double hose system.

"This boy...What's his name again?" Beoreum asked the nurse. "Zhang Yixing is his name, Dr. Kim" the nurse answered.

"Yixing will undergone Tonsillectomy." He continued, the nurse nodded while writing at the report paper.

"Here's the cauterizing tool." Hyun Byul handed him a scalpel-like handy tool. It is an electrosurgical device for desiccating, coagulating, cauterizing, and cutting tissue.

"If slow blood clotting is our problem here, that Bovie just burned the tissue right?" Hyun Byul sarcastically asked.

"Asking like you dont know? Stupid Kang" Beoreum scoffed while he slowly observing the tonsils which are located on each side of the back of the mouth.

"

Awww" Hyun Byul frowned, "It's really swollen too much. Tsk tsk." He commented while observing the same thing and the boy's oxygen status.

"Can you please Shut up? Are you really a Doctor? Stop disturbing me." Beoreum groaned at Hyun Byul irritatedly while holding the cauterizing tool and tonsil clamp.

Tonsils function to fight off infection, but sometimes they become infected themselves, and if this occurs too often, it may be time to permanently remove them.

During this interactive procedure, Beoruem will remove the infected tonsils from the sides of the mouth, by doing this will expose the connective tissue and he will use a cauterizing tool and tonsil clamp to remove them and seal off the blood vessels.

However, their problem is that the boy has Hemophilia and a very rare type of blood. So Hyun Byul job is to carefully observe his blood. That's the only thing he could do for now.

When the tonsillectomy surgery is done, blood will continue to flow due to that disease and the boy needed bags of blood or else he would die.

Hyun Byul and Beoreum already know what might happen after the surgery. It is only come to 3 destination; First, the boy will die due to blood loss which they will never let that happened. Second, the boy will be physically unconscious or "Brain Dead". Third, he will gain consciousness but continues to have blood transfusion which is hard due to his very rare blood type.

After the Tonsillectomy Surgery, just like what they concluded the boy goes to destination #2 .

He's unconscious due to lot of blood loss. The two doctors already informed his parents and they agreed to continue the boy's life support eventhough they don't know when or whether he would or woudn't wake up soon.

 

 

Yeorim and Junmyeon were slouching lazyly in the couch of her fathers office, waiting for nothing. Boredom was creepi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter