. Pretend

Once Upon A Dream (Him and His Prince Disease) (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sensation had run down her spine like tiny needles, reaching her fingertips and her toes. She had felt it like her whole body was buzzing, a sensation unknown to her. She had heard her heart beat loudly, and she had silently hoped that Yixing’s heart had beaten as loudly as hers.

Yeorim's mouth turned dry as if a flame had burnt away all the moisture. She couldn't find words on how to reply to Tao. They're sitting along the lake-side, seeing the sun slowly drifting itself to the lake. She slouched back down into the cold thoughts of fear drowning her, she was too embarassed to admit the truth; especially as Tao was right there.

"Yahh~ You're kinda' weird today huh? What's with your sudden call? Something happened?" Tao asked. He is wearing a blue beanie, Orange Tshirt with a jacket on, shorts and a rubber shoes on him. He looks very matured on his fashion. "Yah!! Are you sick? Wait-- What happened to your li--lips?" Tao touched her lips, she trembled.

Yeorim froze even more, some how a tear dropped from her eyes. She quickly pulled Tao in embrace while sniffing mutely. Tao blushed and feel sudden aback with her action. "Are you crying? Hey~" He pulled away then cooed at her.

"He already went back to Seoul." She answered while lightly sniffing, she lied. She knows that it's not the reason why.

He feel his heart sank seeing and hearing her like this, but still, he need to least pretend that it's okay. “Who? Your Junmen Oppa?˝ He teased.

Yeorim nodded, Tao pulled her in his arms—"It's okay. You'll see him soon." He whispered bitterly. She nodded, feeling sleepy because of the tears that escaping her eyes.

Tao slightly flashed his smile, although it is slightly fake, after of few seconds of being like this, they began rambling on about the weather or how he spotted a few dolphins in the water when he was in the cruise last time, rambling about anything because the moment the both of them are silent, the air becomes thick and tries to consume them so they have to talk, Yeorim would always asked about last night. Does he feel scared again? Because being scared is what she is now.

She'd start with looking at Tao and opening , and ask. But Tao would know and he would talk some more about the skies and the cruise and the food and everything else and Yeorim has no choice but to go ahead and pretend too because she senses that Tao isn't comfortable with talking about it although they laughed with each other. Yeorim can sense that it's Tao whose pretending and not her. What's happening to him is something that she can't see.

But somehow, Yeorim understands why they need to pretend. And she give props to Tao for thinking of this idea. It's like they're both saving themselves from even more heartache by pretending. Heartache of something they bottled inside them. Tao knew that for sure, he's not happy of being like this with her. He hated the fact that, for her, he's just someone, her friend, and the one he hated the most is being her cousin. Being cousins which they kept as a secret for long years, Tao told her to keep this as secret to his friends, her friends, and to anybody except to their family, well family knew that for sure.

Tao was certain to that fact of being her cousin, but he hated it, nothing he could do except on cursing why does his father is destined with his mother which is the younger sister of Yeorim's mom. But somehow, he's very thankful to them.

Yeorim knew this, that Tao doesn't wanted her to be his cousin, she would just laugh when she's hearing him saying this, because she knew that Tao likes her that much, more than just a friend, sister, cousin, or whatsoever. She's thankul of being like this with him.

The cruise is about to end. Yeorim is about to leave. And he have nothing left except to just pretend that all this doesn't matter to him, when it truly does just so everything doesn't have to hurt when the time Yeorim comes to say goodbye. He cursed himself.

 

 

Hyun Byul welcomed his daughter with a bright smile when she went home. She smiled back, seeing her father smiling is the best thing ever for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter