Chapter 8

My Heart

Its been an hour since the lady in pink sheer blouse left the cafe. She's in her car driving around and around on the streets of Seoul not knowing which destination she was intending to head to. Her mind was not at ease. Anyone who had seen her reflection would have noticed how empty her eyes is and emotionless she must have been. The scene of the accident played through her mind multiple times, making her guilt intensely increase as her car pass through every street lights. Her heart was at the verge of breaking and she felt numb as the feeling of missing that someone became unbearable. Without her realization, the traffic light ahead turned almost immediately to red, a stop sign for vehicle at the junction. When she realized this, the brakes of her car was the first thing she stepped on even without giving a signal to other road users; earning her a big bumped on the back of her car. A loud screeching sound of friction between the wheel of the car and the surface of the road could be heard before a really audioble sound of a crash. Tiffany who was still in her daze, immediately got out of her car, thanking god that she was still in one piece, hoping that would same goes to the other party. 

"Are you okay?" She said in panic to the driver of the car involved. The white audi A5 that was still there in front of her doesn't seemed to budge at all. Usually, be it a small or a big accident were to have happened, both parties who are involved would get out of the car and talked things out. However, this one was not. Tiffany, now, as anxious as ever afraid that something bad might had happened to owner of the car began to bend down and tries to see passed the tainted windows; in hopes that maybe she will be able to catch a glimpse of the driver and hopefully he is still alive and breathing. Taking a deep breath only to be release and ease one as the silhouette of a man sitting up straight with his arms still on his steering wheel, eyes wide opened. 

'oh! Thank you god for protecting us!' She said under her breath. Her grateful smile began to vanish as the side window of where she had peeped on ever slowly began to lowered revealling the most unpredictable man she could ever imagine it would be. 

"Oh! Its you!" She exclaimed. 

"Yes, its me." His eyes were zoned out. Its as if he was in great shock. He answered in a calm tone, a tone that she had never imagine he would use on her ever again after what had happened between the two. The door opened and Tiffany's heart began to beat wildly, prepping herself to be annoyed by the words of the man with the most vanity a person that she had ever seen. She was sure that he would accused her of setting the accident up to make him fall for him like she has nothing else better to do. He stood out of the car wearing his white long sleeves button up. His mouth was openedly hanging when his eyes landed on the front of his car. Before he could even say anything, Tiffany began to voice out, "It's my fault, i know. And i'm sorry, really. It wasn't my intention to make this all happened. its not a plot really. I'm so sorry. I'll pay for the damages, I pro-"

"..Are you okay?" the man who stood there shifted his gaze to the lady in pink sheer blouse who was apologizing profusely.

"uh?" The only reply she gave him, not able to believe her ears. Its almost out of his character to even asked how her condition was when she knows in this case, she was the one who was in the blame. 

"I'm asking you... Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"I-i'm fine." She replied. She turned her heels to walk a couple of steps away from him just to save her ears of what was coming next, as she saw his mouth began to open up again. As if to buy time for her to get her emotions ready to eat on his words of insults to her dignity, she once again said, "I know what you are about to say next, "Lady, this method is yet again a ridiculous one. You know if you want to get my attention, i told you already, to just asked me straight. what if something were to happen to me because of your life-threatening method? Huh?!" But before you start on your lecture, can't you see a tiny been of my sincerity in this apology that i am in no way or in any intention to hurt you or even myself. It was not a plot or a planned like you would have thought in that big, mc-dreamy mind of yours. It's an unplanned accident and i'm sorry..." She finally breathe in after holding up the air for so long explaining those mouthful of reason and apologies she had. "..Uh.. Why aren't you saying anything? Mr Lee..?" Without looking to the direction of the person she was directing to, she continues her speech, "M-Mr Lee, are you giving me a silent treatment now? You used to have the longest running words for lecturing me with those vanity "vocabulary" of yours, you know?" Still there was not a single sound the man had made. Tiffany whom had her back facing Mr Lee, as how he wanted to be addressed as, turned to face his direction, full with annoyance written across her face only to change to a worried one. 

The man who was previously standing across of her, looking fine, now laid out on the hard ground not moving. In an instant, she ran up towards the body of the lifeless Mr Lee and shook his body to conciousness but failed miserablely. Her eyes became teary in the midst of the panic she felt. 

"Mr Lee, please don't scare me. Its not funny to play a prank like this!" 

To no avail, Mr lee was still laying in her arms unconcious. All of a sudden, a buzzing sound that came from Mr Lee's pocket cound be heard. Still in frantic, Tiffany immediately pull out the phone that was half way out of his left front pocket and answer the phone. 

"Donghae!" The blaring voice could be heard even before the phone waas being placed near her ears. 

"I-I'm sorry. This is not Mr lee. This is T-tiffany. We had a tiny accident and he is unconcious. I don't know what to do..." She answered, her fears could be heard evidently.

"Tell me where you are right now. I'll call the ambulance. Stay with him, We'll meet at the hospital okay, Tiffany-shi."

"O-okay. Please help me."

After a few moments of waiting for help on the empty junction, help arrived. Both Tiffany and Mr Lee, who is now known as Donghae, were brought to the hospital. Tiffany had a checked up and Donghae was brought to the E.R. Tiffany didn't suffered any injuries and decided to wait at the waiting area till the person who had called for Donghae came in.

"Annyeonghaseyo." A voiced crept up from her side as a bottle of mineral water was placed in front of her. "Are you Tiffany-shi?" 

"Y-yeah. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to cause the accident or to even intended it to happened this way. He was okay when he came out of the car, I swear. But when I turned to look away from him for a second to explained myself calmly, he became unresponsive. I ce again, only to realize he was on the ground."

"Tiffany-shi, i am not blaming you for it. Donghae.. He is.. Well, how am i suppose to put this. This is the first time, i had ever got to know he drove by himself. Its been so long ever since he drove on his own. Don't get me wrong he have his license, trust me. Maybe after a long time back being on the road by himself, his skills might have became rusty, you know. You get what i mean?" 

"Y-yeah but i was the o-"

"Family of patient named, 'Lee donghae'?" the doctor came out from the E.R voiced out interupting the words that was being formed by Tiffany.

"Yes, over here! I am his hyung. I am Lee Hyuk Jae." The man who was conversing with Tiffany earlier stood up alongside with Tiffany.

"How is he, doctor?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note;

Will update soon. I'm not giving up on this fic yet. i just hope you will like this one. I may come back to this chapter and add more stuff here. I've started 'My heart' and i don't intent to leave it hanging there. I need to end what i started. I hope with or without any feedback, somewhere out there, those who are reading my fics would leave a tiny comment or up vote or subscribe or leave a private message on how i am progressing. It would be nice but either way, thank you for reading and godbless. will post another one soon! Thank you for reading!