Chapter 13 (Plot upgrade)

My Heart

Author's note;

I am so sorry to have re-read chapter 13 once again. I've re-typed this chapter and have re-edited the plot and lines as well. I am going to only add in character when needed. I am so sorry for not feeding your feels through the previous updates but i think i need to get my brain and heart in sync when typing this story. Sorry to keep you waiting. So, here goes nothing and enjoy. ~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Omma.."

"Don't you "omma" me, Hyukjae! You should know better than anybody else about what had happened!"

"What happened?" Donghae questioned as he barged into the office in his mother's mansion. Both his mother and brother turned towards him as he walked and stood rooted to the ground, confused as what they were talking about. 

"W-what happened?" He asked once again, waiting for a response from them. Feeling shocked at how fast her son reached the house while she was discussing with the elder son regarding something that should never be known by him.

'He heard?'

'How long have he been there?'

"Hmm, Hae.."

"What were you two discussing about? Is there a problem with the company? or is there something that i am not aware of?"

Feeling slightly relief that he was clueless as to what they've been discussing about, both Mrs Lee and Hyukjae looked at each other before turning back to the man who was still standing near the door of the entrance unmoved and filled with tons of curiousity and confusion written across his face. 

"Come here, ah dul-yah..." His mother said as she tried to reach out for him. Slowly, he placed his steps towards his mother and sat next to her on the couch.

"Omma, what's wrong? Hyung said you asked me to be here. What is it about?" 

"Hae, omma's ah dul... How old are you now?"

"26. Omma, wae?"

"Do you love omma?"

"Of course i do. I love you with all my heart," he replied without any hesitation while holding on tightly to his mother's hands, studying the conture and lines thats presents on those hands. Sensing something was totally out, he looked up to his hyung only to be greeted by a soft gaze as if its a sign that a bomb will be let off by their omma, sooner or later.

"Hae, i need you to get married." His eyes immediately widen as if its abour to pop out from its' sockets. He was expecting the unexpected when he saw his hyung's facial expression from a while ago but he never had expected it to turn out to be THIS UNEXPECTED.

"O-omma..." His mother looked away and walk to the wooden table on her right, pull out the top drawer and took out an envelope.

"Omma's ah-dul.. I want you to get married with her." She said as she passed the pictures what was in the envelope to her youngest son. Then, she continued, "Do you still remember her, Hae? That's Yumi. She visited you when you were in the hospital a few years ago..."

He looked down towards the photo. Of course he still remembers her. How could he not? They used to be playmates when they were kids. Yumi used to come over during the weekends for an overnight camp in the backyard. She is the same age as Donghae and their parents are goodfriends and partners in business as well. But a few years ago, she ran away from home to pursue her dreams as a model in Paris. She made her mark there in a short period of time, proving to her family that she could make it and ever since then, they've never heard any news of her at all. Donghae was deep in his own thoughts that his mother voice just trailled off passed his ears.

"...discussed it with her parents already and they've agreed..."

"-but i don't."

"Hae, I know its so sudden but listen to omma, if you get married with Yumi, our business will blossom and be stablized. And i am sure you'll be happy with her being your wife.."

"Omma... now answer me this. What am i to you?" He questioned his position to his mother, staring straight into his eyes.

"W-what do you mean?"

"Am i... your son or just a mere investment for you?"

"O-of course you're my son. Omma loves you."

"Really? Cause the way i see it, this isn't love. If this is what you call love, I'd gladly leave it at the doorstep when i leave this house." 

"AIDEN LEE DONGHAE!" His hyung erupted from the side. His head turned towards the elder and in an instant, the anger that was deep inside of him made his eyes teary and a tear slid off from the side of his cheeks; not losing the fire in his eyes. 

"What? Hyung don't tell me you're taking omma's side in this..." Still staring straight nearly baring holes onto his elder brother's body. From a second or two, silence were the only thing that could be heard as Hyukjae contemplate on what his brother had said. Feeling rather impatient, Donghae immediate, exclaimed, "Oh, Come on!"

Throwing the envelope onto the coffee table, he stormed off from the room and stopped on his tracks just before exiting through the door. "Omma, I'm not going to marry someone that i don't love and please, i know i am old enough to get married.. Forcing a marriage because of business,.. i know there are reason behind all of these. And this is not it. Omma, you've never been this way. If not so, you would have asked hyung to get married with someone else rather than sister-in-law. I'm sorry." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How's your lunch, Mrs Choi?"

"Its okay." Tiffany said with a huge smie spread across her face. "Ms Park, is there anything for me today?" 

"Hmm, for now not yet..." Ms Park, her secretary answered as she noticed, Tiffany's eyes roam on her table in search of something. "..well, is there anthing that you need Mrs Choi?"

"N-nothing. I'll just head back inside. Update me if theres anything today."

"Will do, Mrs Choi."

Closing the door behind her, she exhaled a heavy sign and slowly moved to her seat. Today was a great day to begin with. Her relationship with Kyuhyun is mended and the bolders that weighed her heart so heavily are slowly depleting but why does she still feel incomplete and why does she search for flower deliveries on Mrs Park's table? She wasn't hoping for anthing, right? So, why was she anticipating them? She knew she didn't like those red roses but why does she long to see them there on Ms Park's table; address to her?

"Donghae..-shi" Unconciously, her thoughts flew to the one guy she could never master up her courage to be completely honest with herself. "No, Tiffany.. No. You can't be this way. You're Timothy's mother and beside you've just mended the relationship with Choi Kyuhyun, you're brother-in-law, who used to hate you for causing him in losing his brother so, you really have to straightened this crazy thoughts of yours. Make no mistakes. What will Kyu oppa and Abeonim thinks of you when they find out about these thoughts of yours?! Come on, Tiffany. Come on. Stay focus!"

But who was she kidding? Deep inside of her, she was still hoping that maybe, Donghae would magically appear in the office of hers and they would talk. So, that she could clear the air. And as a result of that; she hope there won't be any misunderstandings between them regarding earlier on. However, at the same time she was confused as well, why she would have wished that. Her thoughts were thorn between her need to explained and why there was not a single reason for her to do it. Well, her relationship with Donghae were just friends but after the kiss, she felt the tingling feeling in the pit of her stomach whenever she hears his name, or when she walk pass someone who had a familiar scent of perfume on them. She don't understand herself either. Unknowingly, she took out her phone and type out a text sending it that one person that had made her lost her focus for the day.

"Donghae-shi, are you free today? Do you want to meet up for a drink at a cafe near Han River's garden view?

-Tiffany" 

Before swiping that 'send' button on her handphone screen, Tiffany got back to her senses and backspace everything and typing out numerous versions of the same content. Well, getting back to her senses was not as literal as it sounds. Probably not when she had spend up nearly 20 minutes just staring onto her phone's screen, thinking hard on how to type a simple message for that 'Lee Donghae' who is so full-of-himself. 

Getting a little impatient with herself and got a tiny bit confused with what she was actually trying to do. "Argh!! Tiffany, what are you trying to do?! NO. N-O. No. You are not going to ask him out just to explain yourself and to make things clear like he ever need an explaination. Nope. You can't do that make a fool out of yourself. You are trying to feed to your own urge so that he won't misunderstand when the true fact is he might not care..." she took a breather for a while, putting down her phone on the table and lay her head back on the back rest. 

"I think, i am going crazy. I'm so use to talking to myself now. It's not even weird. See?!" knocking the side of her head while still being in the same position and having her eyes closed.

Between those four walls where peace and total profession atmosphere had taken on full-drive, Tiffany's ringtone evoked the peace that she was getting during that few seconds of 'relaxing'. Roaming her hands on the table trying to get hold of her ringing phone, she answer it without even looking at the screen - leaving her clueless of the whom the caller was.

"Yeoboseyo."

"Tiffany?" A crisp semi deep voice could be heard on the line with a crack at the end when her name was being called. Trying her hardest, with eyes still shut closed together, to have her own guessing game at the back of her head on whom the caller was. Seconds passed, but none came to mind. On the other hand, the caller called Tiffany's name once again; thinking that maybe she had hung up on him when she heard his voice. 

"Tiffany? Are you there?"

"Y-yes. I am here, listening." Finally, Tiffany speaking up. Giving the mental game of familiarity-mix-and-match-the-voice in her head. 

"Are you free tonight? Do you want to go out for a drink after work?" The caller finally asked. Trying to persuade her further and not backing down with a rejection for the lady, the caller continued, "We can head down to Han River and have a breather if you want. It will be relaxing..."

'Isn't this like the one that i wanted to ask that lee donghae?' 

Another "Hello? Are you still there?" could be heard from the other side of the line. 

"Oh, yea sure."

"Okay? Jinja?"

"Hmm, y-yeah." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That evening, Tiffany ended work and as per promised through the call earlier, she went out of her space and decided to wait for the person whom had made plans with her for that 'drink-after-work-at-the-hans-river' session. Went down to the lobby and waited for that person whom she had no idea whom at all. She took out her phone, trying to search on the logs to basically find out whom she was about to see but all of that thoughts vanished when all that she was being greeted on her phone's screen was 'private number'. 

"Great! Just Great! You are waiting for someone but you have no idea who he is. Tiffany, how can you be this tactless?"

Giving up on waiting for the unknown, she decided to just head back home instead since now, Timothy will be sleeping over at the Choi's mansion due to her urgent flight in the morning to Macau for the Launching there. Seohyun couldn't make it since she was down with flu and a really high fever a day before. Might as well, get herself some early rest. 

A tall man who looks so breath-takingly familiar smile widely towards her after their gaze met when she was about to walk out towards the exit of the building. 

"Tiffany-shi?"

'So, its him who called?'

"Yea. How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Let's..-" Thinking that they should go get going, since she is in need of sugar at the current moment and her feet is killing her after those endless emergency meeting when Seohyun called up the office telling her that she couldn't make it on for the flight the next morning since her doctor advise her not to travel long distances since her flu and high fever was becoming worst by hours past. 

"Were you waiting for someone earlier on?" Sam asked her, cutting her off from what she was about to say.

"Huh?" 

"I was about to walk and i saw you stood there for quite sometime. Were you waiting for someone?"

"Yes, i guess. But i think he stood up on me so.." She answered him while bearing that distinct dissapointed tone in her voice, ".. and by the way, what are you doing here anyway, Sam... Aren't you suppose to be resting or something since we're taking our flight tomorrow morning?"

"Our?"

"Yes... I have to get there tomorrow and i am sure you've booked the tickets as well, since Ms Park said that you've book a seat on the same flight tomorrow. So, i guess, we are going to Macau tomorrow together.."

"Alright then. Haha!" Sam let out a chuckled to shake of that awkward realization that had just dawned appoint him. 

"I guess i'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yes, sure." 

With that, Sam reached out his arms and gave Tiffany a hug. Its their usuals now. Eventhough, their relationship had been all about business, the both of them couldn't help but to grow close to each other. Sam, who was being force to take Tiffany out on a date that one evening by his mother and ended up getting caught in the family affair by celebrating his younger brother's wedding anniversary instead. Ever since then, they've been closer than their first meet up where Tiffany kept on calling him by a name called 'Seunghyun'. Well, its not foreign to him that people called him that. Ever since he came back to Seoul, everyone had a difficult time to adjust to the current situation whereby everyone had no idea a doppleganger and exact duplicate of Seunghyun exist. Sometimes, he asked his mom whether he was that similar to his 'hyung.' and most of the time his mother just end up in tears just talking about it. 

Sam took out his phone and texted something while walking away from the site. Little did they know someone had been eyeing the both of them since the beginning. 

"It can't be.." that someone said under his breath.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Author's note

I'm so sorry to have re-read it again and again. I think i've not been clear with what i'm trying to set straight for the story that explains the crappy previous 2 update! I hope you can waiting and anticipate for more even when i am taking so long to just update sooner. I hope you'd enjoy this update better. I'll be coming up shots for all my favourite couplings soon and i hope you'd give the same amount of support and anticipation. The latest one will be out really soon. Stay healthy and happy everyone. Thank you!