Chapter 7

My Heart

"Seunghyun Oppa!" I waved my hand in the air as my husband just got out of the car that he had parked at the curb across the street. Upon hearing his name, he looked up to my direction while his hands shut the door to his car; forming a smile on his face. At that sight, i can actually feel my heart skipped a beat. Its amazing how after all those years of dating had passed and now that we've been married for nearly 2 years, that 'Seunghyun-effect' still lingered on me. I was sitting at the outdoor porch of the cafe; the ones we usually sat by whenever we came here for a coffee date before we got married. It was my plan to actually meet up here. This place marked our history together. We went for our first date here to being proposed by him here at this very porch of the cafe. I looked down to the piece of paper in my hands. It was the confirmation letter from the hospital which confirms that i am pregnant for 6 weeks now. I could feel excitement and anticipation exploding inside of me like fireworks. I couldn't wait to see Seunghyun oppa's reaction once he gets to know the news that we had waited for. My heart was beating loudly that i was sure the couple next to me was able to hear it. The thought of him about to know that in about a few more months we're going to have a baby in the house just like how we had imagined it to be. The smile that i previously wore across my face changed to grinning. I swore, i could feel my gum running dry due to that. 

"Hey, have you waited for too long?" His deep voice could be heard once he put his foot on the pavement. I shooked my head while still wearing the gigantic grin on my face. 

"Oh..." He said while having the back of his left hand to his face, covering his eyes rooted in his position. Leaving on just the fence that divided the cafe vicinity to the pavement for padestrian. My smile immediately faded and i became worried as he sound as if he was really in pain. I held out my hand to hold his and another to his face to take a good look at him if there's something that hit his eye. "What's wrong, oppa?"

"Theres nothing wrong, love..." He paused and opened his eyes wider and plastered a smile on his face before continuing. "...Your smile is oh-so blinding. Well, someone is in a good mood!"

After registering what he had just said, I smacked his chest playfully. "Aish! Oppa!!" He whined in pain as he grab my hand after the smack that i gave him as a sigh of revenge to his teasing. "Well, oppa... I am in a great mood today and its not going to be affected even if you are teasing me cheesely today." Yes, he always does that and sometimes, it got too chessey that my fingers just curled. But nonetheless, i'm loving the affection that he never failed in giving and i am glad that he is the one that i get to spend the rest of my life with. 

"Really? And why is that?"

"Well..." I looked down to the table top for the piece of paper and immediately, my eyes widen.

Where is the piece of paper?! I stood up and looked to my sides and under the table for it but it was no where to be found. Not until, i spot a white folded square on the road just a few meter off the outdoor porch that we're 'on'. I smiled and let out a loud relieving breath. It must have been the wind. The piece of paper is being blown off from the table top while i was engrossed with the planned of telling my dear husband about the great news in my head that i didn't noticed it had gone missing. I looked back to the confused looking husband of mine and grinned. 

"Tiffany-love, do you mind telling me what you are looking for?" 

"I just need to get something first." I said; still beaming. 

With that i walked away from the table and out of the cafe vicinity. I stopped at the curb to check the traffic. It was vacant to be honest except for a few cars driving pass in search of a parking space. I walked to the piece of paper and bend down to grab it when the coast was clear. In a swift motion after having the piece of paper in my hands, i quickly jumped back up and turned my heels towards my adoring looking husband who was tilting his neck a little with squinting eyes; curious on what i was doing from the sidewalk. I was so delighted with the fact that now, i can finally tell him about the most awaited news without any interruption. I took a deep breath while still standing rooted to the ground moving with a really slow speed. Our gazed met but it didn't last very long. Seunghyun oppa who was still standing at the same spot before wearing a smile, just a couple of meters away from where i was, broke the gaze with a great sense of urgency as he shouted across, "LOOK OUT!" The sound of an engine was pretty much becoming more noticable by ear; getting louder and louder. However, i could not tear my eyes off of him and turn to take a look to the direction of the sound. I couldn't even mover when i saw Seunghyun oppa dashed towards me. I was stunned by his suddened move and the sound that i only managed turn and look at what he was implying to and all i could see was a light that was getting brighter and brighter. I wanted to move but it seemed as if my head and heart was not being in sync and i really was held on a pause. Suddenly, a tugged and push force could be felt on my body and a really loud bang and crashing sound could be heard.

I opened my eyes that was previously closed due to the force that happened so fast without warning, many people were crowding around me. Among all those faces, the only one that was not there with me was Seunghyun oppa. I started to panic and still holding to the paper that was still in my hands tightly, i tried to deny the heavy feeling in my chest. One of those who crowd helped me up. Sympathy and empathy could be seen writen all over her face.

Why?! What actually happened?! Where is my husband?! Those were the questions that i asked in my head not having enough energy to even say it out loud. All of a sudden it was a black out inside my head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tiffany-shi.. are you okay?" 

"Yeah." I said as I managed to give a small smile. Being here in the cafe that had been one of the places i used to favour and now being the least, brought me back to reminise the moments that I had with Seunghyun oppa here. It had been so long ever since i've ordered my favourite tea here. Been nearly 4 years to be exact. 

"Is something bothering you?"

"Nope, not really." 

"Really? In all honesty, you looked really bothered ever since we set our foot here. If this place isn't giving you any comfort or is making you really bothered, we can just go on to another place."

"Well, its okay.. really. Its just that its been so long since i've been here. This place brings back so much of memories."

"Good or bad?" the man in front of me asked me curiously wanting me to continue the conversation to where ever this may takes us. 

"Well, most are good to the point that i don't ever want to let of and some of them are really bad that i don't even want to remember it at all." I took a deep breath, trying my hardest to focus, halting the flashback activity that my mind was about to play any second. 

"Well, that's the way life is. You go through season like it was nothing and when time passes, every thing just becomes blurry. You want to forget what you remembered and you'd want to remember what you forgot about a moment. But through it all, the will to actually let go of things that haunt you every single day like, those memories you wanted to forget so badly... that's when you truly live."

I nodded at those words that he said full of understanding as if he understood what was going on with me and he wanted to console me. Its as if he was living my life for me; like he was living my life with me and going throught that phase of my life with me. 

"Well, you sound like you've been hurt by life before Sam-shi. Were y-you?" i stuttered fearing that maybe the words and the questions that i threw at him would hurt him. 

"Tiffany-shi, everyone as been hurt by life before. Its only a matter of time and how it all play out makes the difference.." He answered swiftly and continue, "So, now that we're at it, why not you tell me what made you stop coming here. I mean it's a great place to relax yourself in after a long day of work in the office. The shipping, the design and the stocks and stuff... Why did you stop?"

"Well,.." I tried to say it. To say the real reason to why i stopped. The reason to why i no longer wanted to come here. "I am not so sure. I guessed the painful memories stopped me from being around this area."

"First love story and a horrible break up?"

Yes, first love Sam-shi. He is my first love and he might probably be my last even after promising his departure as my cue to moving on and starting anew. Horrible break up? True. Spot on. It not the kind of break up i was hoping to have. Couples break up and might just find out they're still in love with each other. Patch things up and become a couple again. Mine, was not that way. We didn't break up because we fought. We have to break up because it had been written that he had to leave. The kind of departure that made it impossible for us to patch things up because he left for forever when i am here holding onto never. That was my story Sam-shi. The ones you can never find out about for now.

"Yea, you can put it that way."

"So, where is he now?"

"Somewhere.." I said after sipping the cup of tea that had just been served earlier on. Seunghyun oppa is somewhere. Somewhere up there looking out for our family. The family that he had not been able to spent a little time before passing on with. I sighed and continued with a smile on face, "I'm pretty sure he's happy where ever he is." 

"Good to know that you're not one of those who hope or wishes the other to feel the same way he or she does after a painful break up." 

I scoffed, "That only happens in dramas. Not so much in reality."

We both let out a chuckle for a moment and he asked a question that i never could imagine someone who have not known me well enough to have asked, "Since you are pretty sure, he's happy whereever he maybe, don't you think its your time to be the same?"

The smile on my face of the after-chuckled slowly faded as my mind began to register his words perfectly. But i tried to regain my composure when his eyes were endearingly waiting for my answer. I force the smile out once more, and say, "I think its getting late. I... I got to go now." 

"Tiffany-shi. I don't mea-"

"No, its really okay. You don't have to apologize. Really, i am fine. Its just that i just notice what time it is and i need to get home fast. and, ah.." I tried to get those vocab working and finally, "Thank you for the tea. I am really thankful for you support during the runway today. Too bad, Seohyun had something on just now. If she was there, it would have been a blast. Thank you, Sam-shi." I stood up and bowed. 

=============================================================================================================================

-No one's POV

Minutes had passed, the man that was once being accompanied by a lady in pink sheer blouse, sat there alone after she left. He looked guilty as he mumbled to himself, "Jun- pabo yah! You and your stupid mouth! ARGH!" He cursed at himself for having a foul mouth. He sat there leaning back on the back rest of the arm chair he's on, fished out his phone, and began to send some text messages. 

"I've failed for today. I'm sorry, Omma. ~Jun"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note;

I'm sorry for this really late update. Please comment on this one. Its been hard to start out this update with writer block. I just hope, this is okay. I'd pretty much appreciate if theres a feedback for every update. I'd used it as a motivation to keep on writing and updating frequently. Anyways, i hope you enjoy reading this. Thank you and have a great day!