Chapter 10

My Heart

Wearing just a simple white semi-formal, sleeveless romper in heels, Tiffany stood in front of the wide full-length glass window of her office which over-looked the whole city. Its been months since the launch of the label's latest collection, earning large contracts with the overseas market. With a coffee in one hands, she let out a heavy sigh and took a sip after. 

"If only you're here.." 

"Who's here?" A voice crept in from her back, startling her slightly; nearly causing her in letting her cup go from her grasp. She turned around and there stood Seohyun with a file in one hand; smiling widely as ever. 

"N-nothing.."

The younger one not fully convince of her respond, placing her feet one after another towards the other. "Eh... Unnie, don't lie to me. Now, now.. Tell me.."

"Andwae-yo," Tiffany strongly refused while putting her hands to covering them. 

"Well, you don't need to tell me either, i know who is it you're thinking about, cause there are flowers delivered to you today. I guessed, Unnie, you have a secret admirer.. Hey-Hey!" Seohyun exclaimed while wriggling her eyebrows teasingly. 

"What do you me-? Oh, he sent in flowers again, didn't he? Okay, this is just great!" Tiffany said sacasticly as she walked out of her office door for a quick check on her hunch. "Ms Pa-.." She paused once her view landed onto the bouquet of flowers before her on Ms Park's table. There were two types, one is pink tulips and the other is a red roses.

"Oh my god! Not again." she said it while rolling her eyes. Its been days since there were delivery of flowers to her office. Usually, it will be red roses, but this time round there were two, one is pink tulips and the other is red roses. She was sure that the red roses are deliveries from the same person, Lee Donghae. ever since the accident, Donghae and her had met up a couple of times. Usually, on the race track.

 

 

It was a peaceful day in the office. Sooyoung decided to pay a visit to the office after going out with her husband for a lunch date. 

"Hey! What have i missed?" Sooyoung pushed the wooden door to Tiffany's office revealing to her, two of the most familiar ladies sitting on the couch with take out lunches; laughing at the jokes both had let out. At the sound of her voice, the two ladies turned their head to the direction of the door while still having the grin of their after laugh on their faces. 

"Unnie!" "Sooyoung!" Both ladies exclaimed in unison; while standing up from their seat and walked towards the most unexpected guest in the middle of the day. 

"Well..well, what brought you here?" Seohyun asked her sister teasingly after breaking away from their hug. 

"I thought i should pay you girls a visit in the office to check on how Magami is doing since the launch of the new collection.-" she paused and started to poke Seohyun's sides as she continued, "..-and you, who still have not came over to the mansion since the Omma's birthday dinner. It's like your back from Oxford but at the same time still not here. I miss you, sissy.." She whined. 

"Well, I've been busy.."

Tiffany turned her head towards the younger one and joined in the conversation, "Busy?" She said while squinting her eyes teasingly and said, ".. B-busy with who?"

Ever since the launch, Seohyun had been busy clearing out meetings after meetings with the flagship store developer since they've decided to open up another branch in Japan and often times she had to meet up with Sam-shi for the decision-making since he's one of the invester for their newest development in Japan. Sometimes, Sam-shi would come by the office as well to ask Tiffany out for lunch but knowing lunch time has been such a tight lot in her schedule. Time and time again she would let it pass just to pick Timothy up from the centre. After which, Tiffany would asked Seohyun to take her place. At first, Seohyun was a little bit reluctant as to take up the chance but knowing how persistant her dearest unnie was, she just agreed with a condition if Sam-shi is okay with her replacing Tiffany's place. 

Seohyun's face turned crimson red at the realization of what Tiffany was referring to. While looking at her own two feet, she said, "What do you mean by who? I was b-busy with w-work.." When she regained her composure and she looked up to the two ladies who was grinning at her response, she begin to defend herself yet again and this time, strongly, "Well, i was busy with work. That's the reason why i can't visit. A-and besides, its not like i've never been to the mansion and slept over for a night, right Unnie.."

"Hmm, well, its true but still, you should visit more. I'm lonely at home whenever Siwon oppa left for business trips and Timothy being fetch by Tiffany after work ends here. and I miss you.." She said insistingly while walking forward to her younger sister and reach out for her. 

Suddenly, the phone on the Tiffany's office table rang. Walking in a haste towards the phone and picking it up, only to be greeted by her secretary. 

"Hello, Mrs Choi."

"Yes, is there anything that i had forgotten on the schedule today?"

"Nope, its not that. But Mrs Choi, theres a visitor here. He said he needs to passed you documents.."

"Documents? Can't he just pass it to you?"

"No, can't do, Mrs Choi. He insist on passing it to you himself. His name is Donghae, Mr Lee Donghae." 

The furrowed eyebrows that she had on her forehead a while ago had vanished upon hearing the name. Its been days since the incident and not a single document had been sent to the office; noting her on the damages that had been caused and having Lee Donghae to come into Magami to send the documents himself was a little unexpected to be honest. 

"Oh, okay then. Ask him to give me a moment, i'll head out in a bit."

"Sure, Mrs Choi."

Tiffany walked out of her office after excusing herself from the girls. Walking down the hallway to the waiting area near the reception, there stood the unexpected guest in his white button up and his navy blue suit pants, looking at the potraits that were hung on the wall. 

She begin to clear in order to grasp his attention which was immensely place on the potraits and painting that was hung on the wall. "Hmm, i heard you've brought the documents.. i'm guessing it's for the damages the other day?"

"Good afternoon to you too, Tiffany-shi.." He greeted her; making her realize how rude she had been to her unexpected guest whom she didn't glance without much etiquette. 

Slightly forming a smile to cover up her flush cheeks; embaressed. She, then, said "I'm sorry. Yes, good afternoon to you, Donghae-shi.." while looking up to his eyes and looking away straight away, continuing, "So.. where's the documents?"

Scratching the back of his head due to the non-existing itch, he let out a breath and answered her question. "I don't actually have it with me.." The smile that Tiffany was wearing that extend out till her eye-smile started to show, slowly dissapear from his sight and he quickly tries to cover himself up with a reasonable explaination to why he was dragging her out of office room to talk when he knew very well, she have so much more better things to do. Things that needed to be done. "...but i have a question to ask and i need your agreement in exchange of the documents.."

Crossing her arms in front of her chest, she nodded her head as a sign for him to carry on with his explaination.

"Here's the thing, ever since the day at the hospital. The words you spoke to me before you walked off from the ward, it made me want to overcome 'it'. After hearing what you said, i realized that it was more than just being able to overcome this. You have no idea how difficult it is for me to be everywhere and working in the office most of time while having the slightest doubt in my mind on what was actually or what had actually happened to me."

"D-donghae shi... i don't get it.." 

"I know what i am saying right now doesn't make any sense to you. It didn't make any sense to me at all. Those flashes in my head about an accident and the story that my brother told me... Everything is just too much for me to overcome by myself. So, i am here to ask you, in return of the damages during the accident, will you Ms Tiffany Choi, help me overcome it? I want to be able to walk around the city, drive a car with a clear head. Not with jumbled up mess that doesn't make any sense at all."

"So, you want me to help you?" She scoffed. "I think, you've got the wrong person Donghae shi. I think its better if you seeked someone who is further able to help you overcome that problem of yours. Cause i don't think i am able or skillful enough to help you in that area. Start by a psychiatrist or a psycologist whom can help you get your memories back. Till then, i hope to see a document if you're planning on asking me to take my responsibity for the incident." She said as she turned her heels on the opposite direction after bowing to him goodbye. 

Before she even took a step forward, Donghae voiced out again, " 'Life is about overcoming things.' Those were the exact words you said to me. Are you rejecting my request because you can't figure those words out? or do you really rather paying for the expenses of the damages rather than helping me?"

His words hit her deeply, causing her to stop on her tracks. Yes, she was afraid of helping him because those words that she said before walking out of his ward. Those were the words that people around her used to say to her a few months and throughout the years after Seunghyun left her side. It was meant to ask her to continue on living her life and overcoming her lost without closing her eyes to love. Yes, she reused those words and said it to comfort Donghae at the hospital; not knowing how it would back-fired her. She had never taken those words upon her life before. The passing of Seunghyun was still scarred on her like it had happened yesterday. The phase of grief and letting go of his passing had never been spoken of. And in all, she never did overcome it. She was never close to letting him go. Her heart never once did. 
 

'So, how can i help you when i can't help myself?' 

Feeling a hand on her shoulders slowly turning her to face him, she looked up to gaze at his face. His eyes were pleading for help. He was helpless on his own. He needed her to help him. Something deep inside her made her say, "Yes, I'll help you." Something in her told her that she will be able to overcome it if she helped him. She knew it may sound crazy but sometimes the healing comes when you lend a hand to another; when that person starts to get better, be better, the process might just reflect on you and you'd be better too.

Those grazing eyes lighted up at the sound of her agreeing to his request. "R-really?"

"Yes." She nodded and the hands that were on her shoulders started to losen up and she walked away while saying, "I'll see you at the racetrack at 10am this Saturday. And if you're late, just get those documents ready."

Seeing her silhouette dissapeared after turning at the corner, unknowingly, a smile started to creep on his face. "See you then." He said as he walked out of the waiting area. 

-Saturday of the week. 

The day had came faster than expected. Tiffany came in to the race track premises without any expectations at all. She looked around at the entrance, not a single glimpse of the familiar person could be spotted she looked down to her wrist to check on the time. A minute to 10 am in the morning. 

"Well, he better don't be late," she muttered out loud; seeing that no one was around.

"Well, who said i'm going to late?" A voice was heard suddenly from her back, startling her and making her jump a bit. 

She turned around only to see the man who had always been so formal wearing a really casual wear. A black striped tshirt with a khaki coloured pants with a black trench over. He smirked at her when he noticed how she eyed at his outfit. Realizing this, she then blushed and tried to cover up her flimzy act. 

"Good, that you're not late. Let's get going then!" 

The race circuit track that both of them went to owed by one of Seunghyun's cousin, Henry. Tiffany who drove to the circuit in one of Seunghyun's collection of cars that he name, Glasby; a Gray Design Vogue Ferrari 458 Curseive. Instead of walking to the entrace of the circuit, she walked towards the car, making Donghae, confused of her act. 

"What are you looking at? Are you just going to look and stare at me?"

Mouth agaped, he was unsure what to say. As a person who loves motor cars and someone who had once favoured driving and street race before, he was halted with a confusion in his head as how Tiffany who look so feminine and so, collected to be a big motor head like him. He had never thought that Tiffany had the same interest as him. Only if he knew...

"Well.. Get in!" Tiffany demanded. 

The session was too overwhelmed to be exact. Just to get the car moving needed alot of pushing and comfort. For every time, he pushes the accelerator, and every single time of it, when the brakes were pressed down, Donghae would end up shaking. He seemed to be in pain and Tiffany just couldn't held on strong next to him on the passenger seat but urging the session to end. Session after session went by marking weeks after weeks. The both of them got closer with each other. They were able to tease each other and laugh with each other. During one of the sessions, Donghae surprises her with a picnic basket full of lunch foods that he had asked the Ahjumma to prepare for his meet up with Tiffany. The intention was as a gesture to say thank you to Tiffany for agreeing to his request that made him slowly able to drive without fearing over the control he had and the flashes that happened every single time he touches the steering wheel. While eating the one of the sandwich, Donghae decided to ask the question that he had been urging to ask from the beginning. 

"If you don't mind me asking... Why did you all of a sudden agreed on my request? I mean, knowing your nature now that i got to know you a little better, you won't possibly willing to help me overcome this, right?"

Her chewing slowed down its pace when her brain fully registered what he meant. She reached out for the juice box that Donghae had opened up for her on her side and took a sip on the straw. She took a breath after and close her eyes for a moment just to compose herself better while explaining things to the man in front of her. 

"You were right. I had no plans of helping you at all. You said to me before i walked off that i was rejecting your request for help because i had not figure out the words that i once uttered to you at the hospital..." taking a pause, gulping her own saliva to get rid of the lump that she felt growing on . Blinking a couple of times, noticing how anticipated Donghae was gazing on her for the answers to his question. "..I agreed to help you because years ago, someone told me that the answer to the soul usual come from people. I never fully, understood that till i helped you. I can't figure those words out because i can never try to do it. Everytime i did, I felt like i'm deceiving him and i can't do it."

"H-him?" 

"Yes, him. He left me because he tried to save me. Its all because of me. If i had not did what i have done, he would never have left." Tears, one by one striken down her cheeks as the accident played through her mind making the pain on her chest came back. As if he understood those tears, he closen up the gap between them both and wiped her tears away and hushing her at the same time. 

"Hey..." He said trying to get her attention that was looking down on her hands, eyeing the ring on her finger. She looked up to him. Their face was a few centimeters apart. He continued, "...You've helped me overcome it. I can drive now without shaking. I can control it. Even when those flashes played in my head again and again, making it hurts so bad even in my sleep as well, but you managed to help me. You helped me overcome it. Maybe not fully, but slowly you did. Now, if you let me, i want to help you too."

With every word he said, her eyes had never left his. Its the first time she had ever seen him up this close. He looked so beautiful and his eyes were full of sincerity. He looked down to her lips that was shaking. She looked like she is struggling to let out the words in her head. Those plump pink lips that was being glossed with some lip bum, highlighting her features. Those lips that used to smile to him and never once, quivered like it did right now. Before he knew it, he couldn't stop his ever growing urge to make her lips stop quivering in such emotional pain like it did and as if the moment had stop, his lips crashed into hers. It was a soft kiss. Tiffany's eyes widen in shock. She wanted to push him away but at that moment its as if her head and her actions was not driven by the same force and were not in sync, she kissed him back and closed her eyes, for once giving into it. The butterflies that she thought had passed on since the death of Seunghyun, came back to live in her stomach. Their lips parted after a few moments and they eyes still grazing on each other. Tiffany, immediately looked away when she realized that her actions felt so right and wrong at the same time. 

Upon realizing the uncomfortable atmosphere, Donghae voiced out, "I'm sorry..."

"I'm sorry too. I... I have to go." With that, Tiffany grab her coat and walked away from the premise; leaving Donghae siting there unsure of what to do next.

 

 

Since that very day, Tiffany had been making herself busy with work and work and Timothy. She had been avoiding calls and text message of profuse apology from Donghae. Thinking that it was not enough to only reach out for her through texts and calls, he even made delivered bouquets of rose with notes of apology. She knew he did a wrong move by kissing her but at the same time she knew that the sole reason to why she was avoiding him was because in this issue she was wrong too. She walk over to reach out for the pink tulips, curious as to who was the one who had sent it. The was a note-like card. she took it out and read it. 

"I know you're busy right now but i hope you can make it for dinner tomorrow. Please, no more rejections this time round.. -Sam" 

A small smirk form at the side of her face tugging her a smile. She hold the bouquet close to her nose and took a breath out of it. Its her favourite flower and she wondered how he came to know about it. Walking back to her office, she took out her phone and began to text him, 'Thank you for the flowers. They're my favourite. I'll see you at dinner tomorrow. -Tiffany.' and she pressed sent. 

=============================================================================================================================

 The other side of town, a man who had his phone clenched to his fist; walking briskedly towards the whole wooden door in front of him. Entering it without waiting for an answer after a knock, there sat a really puzzled looking elder woman; looking up to the younger one. At the back of the puzzled expression, the man knew she was anticipating his arrival. 

"What is this, Omma?!" He questioned her with a contorted face of his when he let go of his phone and slide it on the working table of the elder. She let out a sigh after she took a look on the screen of the younger one. "Yea, she agreed to go for a dinner with you..."

He cuts her off and said, "And the dinner that i've never asked her to. Omma, if you are trying to asked me to take hyung's place by her side. I don't want it to be this forced. I want her to fall for me because her heart choses me; not like this."

"If its not like this , then till when? how? You know that person whom, she had knocked into a couple of times, made a move and if you're not quick enough, Sam... I fear, she might be swept off her feet by him." 

Defeated by his mother words, slumped down by the arm chair across her. He have no idea what he was doing. He does not have a single glipmse of idea what his mother had planned out for him. The only reason to why he agreed to it was because being involved with the Choi's made him felt so much closer to his hyung than ever before. He was treated with so much familiarity that some how he forgot that he was just another guest or a working partner of theirs. Love was never intended. Not because she was not beautiful enough or she was not his type, having it forced on upon him too much was overwhelming to him. 

"So... are you going?"

"y-yeah." He sighed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note;

Sorry for the sudden hiatus. i was having a little trouble with schedule and stuff with school. so, here you go. from today forward, i'd update regularly. well, i'll try to. but either way enjoy this one. I'll be back with more answers. Sorry for the flaws. See you in a bit! Please anticipate the upcoming chapter. You'll get your answers soon on why.. how.. and who the hell are those people!  Thank you for reading and please ment if possible. I'd appreciate it. God bless and have a great day ahead!