Chapter 12

My Heart

In one of the most classic cafes in the middle of the city, sat the lady who had been waited by the man who's sitting in front of her. Sipping down her tea getting rid of the obvious awkward air that she was breathing at that very moment, the man started to clear his throat and begin to recompose himself after fighting the deathly urge to speak his mind off to the lady right in front of him; the second she stepped into the cafe. However, that won't be civilized of him, especially when it was him whom asked her to meet him there in that very cafe to clear things out. Its been a whole 15 minutes after the drinks had been served and he had yet to utter a single word to her. 

"T-thank you for coming..."

While placing her cup onto the table in front of the both of them, she looked up to him; confused by his choice of words. Its been so long ever since she had last heard him speak to her in such a manner. She just nodded her head slightly, still trying her best not to meet his gaze. 

"I'm sure you're confused as to why i would ask you to meet me here. And i am sure you're curious on what it is that i wanted to talk to you about.. It's about Seunghyun hyung and our family.."

Tiffany who was so calm at first, jumped into a conclusion that this meet up was not as how she hope for. She was hoping for a peace discussion. However, when she heard those words coming from him, she felt as if he was pointing the dagger towards her. Blaming her once again for the only thing that had left not only just the both of them but their family members as well. She got defensive all of a sudden and she couldn't stop her urge to tell him what she was feeling so that he could stop whatever he had planned on saying.

"Kyuhyun-shi, if you just called me up last night asking me to meet you here to just have you letting go of your rage that you've had for years against me, I guess I'm making a mistake coming here; thinking that for once, things might be different. That just for one day, we're able to sit down and talk things out without you looking at me with such hatred and not blaming me for what had happened. Cause if you had not taken notice yet, as much as you felt the lost of his passing, i am too..."

Kyuhyun whom at first trying to state his point in the conversation began to rest his back once again in his seat, just listening to her explaination. Tiffany looked down onto the promise ring that she was still wearing on her ring finger even after her husband was no longer there with her and she, then, continued. 

"I've never ask much of you or Abeonim but for once if i could, can you and abeonim treat Timothy a little better and not ignore him just to punish him for my mistakes. He is still a kid. He had no idea that his dad had passed on just because he wanted to protect his mom..." Tiffany, who had been fight the tears since she started to speak her mind off, choked on them and tears slide down her face as she failed to control her emotions. 

'Have i been too harsh on her?'

"If an apology is what you've been looking for Kyuhyun-shi.. I will gladly apologised but i know that an apology will never bring him back. He is your hyung but..." She paused to carress the wedding ring, smiling in the midst of her tears as flashes of their happy days played on her mind, "...But he is also my husband and the father of a child that he never had chance to see born into the world... As much as you missed him, I missed him too. But there's nothing for me-"

"I'm sorry." Kyuhyun cut her speech short leaving her speechless by his words. They were short but yet, those were the words that she wanted to hear for years. All the pain that she was bottling up in her heart immediately vanished causing her to look up and met with his gaze with the left over courage she had in her. 

"I'm sorry, Tiffany. I really am. I was too caught up with anger. I didn't know you suffered as much as i did. I was angry not only at the situation but i was angry at myself too. When i found out Hyung had already passed on, i was still in UK for my degree. I came home only to be greeted by a crying omma, a grieving siwon hyung and many others that came to the wake. I was angry at the thought that God took him too early. Or maybe i was the only one who came home too late. And i am so sorry for treating you the way i did. I guess my heart was not ready to accept that my hyung could never be there for my wedding like he promised me if i am ever getting married... I couldn't believe that Seunghyun hyung will never be able to accompany me like how he usually did before for a couple of beers and we, as a family, can never be the same again. Siwon hyung will be busy with the family business and his own family and i am left to take care of omma and appa aside from the company. Everything will be different. His absense can really be felt heavier whenever you're around and i am so sorry, Tiffany... I am really sorry..."

Kyuhyun had his gaze locked onto hers, could be seen the affect from the confession. His eyes which was full with anger and rage became soften with a slight glistened of tears. "I called you here not because i wanted to tell you off or to ask you to leave our family like how i once did. I called you to tell you to come for dinner and if you want, you can sleepover in the mansion like old time with Sooyoung and Siwon hyung during the weekends. I am here to ask you this, 'Are we still a family?' "

Tiffany eyes widen in bewilderment hearing that unexpected question coming out from his mouth. "We have and had always been a family, Kyu oppa... But why the sudden change? I mean what caused you to ask me that?"

"Omma.. A few nights ago, talked about it and i thought maybe all of this was caused by the cold treatment that i had given to you for the passed few years and i think its enough suffering that had upon her. She had been secretly hiding her whereabouts just to visit her own grandson. That's not how any grandparents supposed to meet up with their own grandchildren. And i thought maybe this is what Hyung would have wanted."

"Abeojie..."

"Don't worry about that. Siwon hyung and I will talk him around to it. So, you don't have to worry."

Tiffany just let out a smile feeling glad with those words he had just said. Will this be the begining of the reconcilation between them or will this be the begining of something new?

------------------------------------------------------------------Meanwhile--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Changmin, is there any progress?"

"For now, not yet, hyung. She is still doing her usual routines. I'll update you once i get new information okay?"

"Arrayo." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing up to leave the vicinity of the cafe after having a deep conversation with Kyuhyun, Tiffany was getting herself ready to walked away from their table. She was halted when she saw a pair of feet on the ground in front of her; not moving away from view. 

"Excus-" Her words immediately went trailing off once her eyes fall upon the man that she had been dreading herself to see. His emotions can be read through his eyes. He was a little upset at what he was seeing happening in front of his eyes. But he immediately shake it off with a smile; trying his best not to appear too obvious but he was a few seconds too late. She had already managed to read him like an open book. 

"-Donghae-shi..."

As a response, donghae just smile and nodded. His eyes changed his focus to the man whom was standing just behind Tiffany. 

'I guess she had found someone else...'

"Oh, Tiffany shi.. How have you been?"

"I-..I'm doing great. It has been a while.."

"Yea, ahm.. I see you're busy here, i'll just get going first."

Donghae bowed towards the both of them and turned his heels back towards the entrance. A few moments after his back slowly vanished through the entrance of the cafe, Kyuhyun walked towards her as his eyes focused on her expression. Reading from her espression, he knew she wanted to explain somethings to Donghae but at the same time trying to stop the urge from doing so. 

"Fany-ah, go ahead.. Its okay." 

Only a furrowed eyebrow was given to the brother-in-law. Its not like she doesn't understand what he was refering to; she knew it really well. But something was holding her rooted to the ground and holding her back from running after the man who had just left the vicinity. She couldn't master up her courage to go forward and explain things to him. Ever since the kiss and the flower deliveries, things had be pretty much messed up. She couldn't focus on her work like how she usually does even when her thought encircled Seunghyun's absense. She gets nervous everytime her secretary, Ms Park, called her up saying that theres a guest wanting to meet her; thinking that it was Donghae instead. Sometimes she found herself thinking about him when she walked into the garage where Seunghyun kept his collections of sport car. Soon after that, she was hit by a really heavy guilt in her chest. She could no longer think straight. That's why she kept on avoiding him and kept on dreading to see his face. 

She turned to her brother-in-law and said, "Nah, its okay. He seemed to be in rush anyway." 

After which, she felt like strangling herself and slapped her own head for saying those words. It sounded as if she would chase him and explain to him however he happened to be quite busy. 

'What is wrong with me?!'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Walking out from the cafe in such a haste, thinking that the faster he walked away from her, the quicker this feeling that he had in his chest will subside. He placed his palm to his chest, not getting why the instensity became so surreal. Standing in front of his white audi, his thought flew once again to the small moments he shared with Tiffany weeks ago; from when he couldn't ride a car untill he's now back on one and could finally drove like he used to. He looked back at the cafe, he couldn't lie to himself. A part him was hoping that maybe, she would run after him and try to explain herself. Telling him that what he saw wasn't exactly true. That the guy that was with her was nothing more than just a friend and that maybe she liked him too the way he likes her. And the kiss that they had on the track was not just something that happened to make time pass and it wasn't a mistake. He was hoping that maybe she would accept him like how she accepted the kiss that had happened even if its for a few seconds. He was waiting for her to tell him that because he felt her kissing him back; as if she enjoyed the kiss too. It was as if she felt the same way as he did. But all that was halted when Tiffany walked out of the cafe, their gaze met but only to be ignored after. She walked away to her car after giving the man that was with her a hug and drove off after. 

Donghae entered his car and started the engine. He closed his eyes for a moment. 

"Donghae, let's face it. She doesn't belong to you. Everything was just in your head. You should not feel this way."

While taking a breathe moment for himself to focus, his ringtone filled the whole car. It was his hyung. 

"Hae, oedi?"

"Wae, hyung?"

"Omma wants you home, right now."

"Ne, arraso. See you when i get back." 

It wasn't like he is a mommy's boy but it was pretty rare for Mrs Lee to called up her sons to get their butts home. He was sure that there must be something that she wanted to put straight. With a heavy heart and unfocused mind, Donghae stepped on the accelerator towards his mother's mansion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's note;

i know i've owned up pretty much plenty of chapters but i am still working on it. hehe the next chapter is still in the midst of the process. Comment down below. I'll reply to it once i've manage to find sometime. And I hope you'd like this one, i know there isn't any soowon or Seunghyun's scene but please bear with me. I'll try to update once i am done with the next chapter. Can i just say that I am so proud of the boys' new album? I was hoping that maybe, they're comeback stage would be a bit sentimental for once but i guess, it was too much of hope to hang onto. But either way, it nice to see them have fun while performing those 2 songs and i wasn't dissapointed. I was smiling from ear to ear. I swear.

My favourite song off from their album is Evanesce and Raining spell for love. If it isn't too much to ask, comment on below tell me which songs from the album is your favourite, Hehe! Suju Oppadeul! Jjang! E.L.F Unite! Please excuse my unproffesional self as an author but i can't stop my fangirling self. Thanks for reading and i'll stop here for now.