Chapter 11

My Heart

"Hi! I made a reservation earlier today under Andrew Choi Si Won."

"Please give me a moment." The lady who's station at the front desk of the restaurant began to scroll down on her tab's screen; in search of Siwon's name. "Yes, this way please."

Hand in hand, Siwon began to walk into the restaurant that he had reserved with his wife, Sooyoung. Today marks their anniversary and seeing how much Sooyoung had been craving for good desserts these days, he decided to reserve a table to celebrate it in her favourite restaurant. They took a look on the menu and started to place their order. 

"So, how's work?" Sooyoung begin to asked him. Years had passed and knowing how much things had changed, she knew very well the pressure he had on his shoulders after his elder brother had passed on. All the works that had to be done overseas had to be passed to him even after Kyuhyun had joined the company. Its not that Kyuhyun didn't want to take care of company venture on the other side of the globe, its just that Siwon never really did give him a chance. He felt that being responsible for the company's venture abroad made him closer to Seunghyun. No matter how hurt and lonely Sooyoung felt looking at her husband this way, she never had the heart to actually talked about it. 

Siwon reached out for her left hand that was on the table and carressed it dearingly. Looking into her eyes, and said, "Let's not talk about work for now... I want us to spend our time here together and just leave work off from the conversation. It's our anniversary, today is special." 

Yes, today is a special day but today also marks Seunghyun's birthday. For the past few years, Siwon was hesitant to celebrate their anniversary because it always reminded him of his elder brother that he had dearly missed. But things started to change two years ago. Siwon surprised Sooyoung with a vacation at Hawaii and Sooyoung told him all of her worries and sadness whenever he seemed not being able to let go of his late brother. His reaction was mild at first. However during the dusk in the evening, he sat down by the beach alone in tears, not knowing that Sooyoung tailed on him after he left her for an afternoon nap, mourning and letting go of his grief. Ever since that day, Sooyoung never wanted to talk about it. She knew how much pain it will bring him whenever she talk anything that Siwon does to make him felt closer to his late brother. 

Sooyoung smiled at the sound of her husband confession. "Oppa, now that we're going to have another member in our family, i really wonder if this sweet mouth of yours will stop pampering me with attention once he is born, you know?"

"Of course not. Don't tell me your jealous of our little munchkin and how would you know its a 'he' and not a 'she'?" He asked; still not leaving his eyes off his beautiful, glowing wife confused by her statement earlier on. 

"Well, oppa... I went to the doctor with Seohyun the other day when you went for the business trip in Hong Kong."

"Doctor? Why didn't you tell me that you are schedule for a check up? I would have push the meeting to an earlier or a much later date to accomp-.. Wait we went to the hospital for a check up a week before i went off, so, why did you have to visit the doctor again? Was everything okay?" He questioned his wife once again and this time, a worried tone could really be heard evidently in his voice as he held on Sooyoung's hand tightly; fearing on what he was about to hear. 

Assuringly Sooyoung smiled and answered, "Yes, oppa.. Everything is okay and actually was okay. I was feeling pain on my abdomen while sleeping. I thought something was wrong and i immediately called Seohyun who was on the way to the mansion for a sleepover. We went for a check up and the doctor said that it was normal. Little munchkin is fine oppa. Its normal because my hormones are acting up and little munchkin here is growing. And Dr Kim said that i can already get to know about the gender and i was so tempted. So, you know... I did." 

Upon hearing her explaination, Siwon heaved a sigh of relief and walked over to his wife, kneeling by her side. One hand still holding onto her hand while the other on her baby bump. "So, this little munchkin is a boy..." 

"You're not dissapointed aren't you? Cause you've always thought aegi-gah is a girl." She announced while placing her free hand on his that was on her tummy.

"No, i am not dissapointed. I am just.. happy by the news. I wished i was there with you when you were checking on it. And besides, i am super glad that we didn't bought any pink stuffs yet. It will be had been a waste now that our munchkin is a baby boy."

Sooyoung took a moment for herself as her mind remembered the pink stuffs that Tiffany bought for the baby every week in the nursery. "Come to think of it, there are quite a number of Pink items that Tiffany bought for little munchkin, you know? What are we going to do with that?"

"Did i just heard someone called my name?"

Both of their heads turned to the direction of the voice. There stood Tiffany, all dolled up in her Yellow elegant evening gown. 

"Hehe! You're here?! How did you know we're here?" Sooyoung asked her bestfriend excitedly.

"Well, a little bird told me." Tiffany said while still grinning waiting for their response. Sooyoung and Siwon looked at each other, both were utterly clueless as to what Tiffany was saying. 

"Haha! Just kidding..." She giddily giggled to herself after seeing how funny her two bestfriend or family looked like when she said it a while ago. "Someone asked me to get myself here and i didn't know you two were here. And by the way, if its not too late for me to say, 'Happy Anniversary!'" 

Though both of them knew Tiffany was being sincere with her wishes. Sooyoung and Siwon knew better than anybody else that it took every ounce of her energy to kill all the feeling in her chest when she remembered the day that she couldn't forget other than her mother's birthday, Timothy's and also her own. 

'Happy birthday Seunghyun oppa!' 

"So, who's that person?"

"Well, i think he is around here. Siwon oppa knows him."

"Me?"

"Yea... Sam-shi."

"Oh..." His voice was a bit shaky only god knows how he was feeling at that point of time knowing that Tiffany was being asked out for a dinner by Sam. The guy that looked exactly like Seunghyun but something seemed to be a little off about him. Siwon did a little background check on him and he's clean. 

Tiffany looked around the restaurant vicinity and at the corner near the restaurant's very own outdoor dining sat Sam patiently waiting for her while looking out of the wide window. At first glance, she couldn't lie but to actually think that it was Seunghyun from the side. He was in his black suit with his usual glasses. As if he was a radar; sensing that someone was looking at him, he turned and for a moment their gaze met. He stood up and walked towards her. His eyes never leaving her. 

"Oh, you're here. I thought you'd never come."

"Well, i told you i did. So, here i am." 

"Ahem!" Sooyoung coughed. Tiffany and Sam turned their heads to the couple that were standing before them. Once he turned his head to the side to view who it was, Sooyoung's eyes widen in shocked; seeing how much of a resemblance Sam is to Seunghyun. was left agaped not knowing how to take the words out from the tip of her tongue that refuse to get out. 

"Oh! Siwon-shi? You're here too?"

"Yea! Its a small world isn't it?" Siwon letting out his hand in an intention for a handshake. 

"Could not agree more." He nodded as he accept Siwon's handshake. 

"Well, who do we have here?" Sam asked,

"Oh, this is my bestfriend, Sooyoung. She is also Siwon oppa's wife."

To be quite frank actually, Sam needn't need the introduction at all. He had already knew the whole Choi Family. His mother told him the whole thing and he roughly knew who is who. 

"Oh, Nice to meet you. I am Sam." He let out his hand towards the very pregnant Sooyoung who was still in her trance of connecting the dots in her mind. Siwon sensing that his wife was still not responding to the man infront of them begin to snake his arms around her waist; making her jumped abit. 

"Oh, i am S-sooyoung. Nice to meet you finally. I've heard alot about you."

Of course. She was told about the existance of Sam not knowing how much similarity in terms of appearance he had with her late brother-in-law. She knew that Seohyun, her sister, somehow had feeling for him. She knew it every well even if Seohyun never talks about it. Now that Sam is standing in front of her, she had no idea how to react if ever Seohyun got the courage to come clean with her about the kept feelings she had for Sam. 

"Now that all of us are here, Is it okay Sam-shi.. if they joined us as well? Well, they are celebrating their anniversary! We can make it alittle bit more special for them, right?"

"Yes, sure." He said without hesitating even for abit. Moments later, Food arrived and the four of them began to talk about almost everything; just like the old times, way before Seunghyun passed on. Its like he had never left. All of a sudden, two waiter walked towards their table with two cakes each litted with a candle on top. 

"Saengil chukha hamnida... Saengil chukha hamnida... Saengil chukha hae Sam-shi... Saengil chukha hamnida.." Question marks were written across their faces. As puzzled as he was, he knew they wanted some answers as well. There were two cakes but not both were his. One was for Siwon's and Sooyoung's anniversary and the other one was for him. He cup his hands together and made a wish before blowing the candle. He opened up his eyes and bowed to the waiters that were singing a birthday song for him along side the owner of the restaurant as well. Next up, in the midst of the most excrutiating cufusion, They sang for the married couple as well. When they have done with it, Siwon took a necklace that he had in his pocket from the moment he came back to Seoul up till then, for a surprise gift for Sooyoung. He wore it on her and the whole crowd were cheering them on making, Sooyoung's face flushed in shyness. 

"Hey, that was nice of you that you remembered my birthday, friend!" Sam said as he opened up his arms widely to hug the owner of the restaurant. 

"Well, that's nothing. Its nice to see you here after a long time." The owner of the restaurant turned his head to Siwon and said, "Dongsaeng-ah, Happy anniversary!"

"Deh, Heechul-ie hyung. gumawo.." He said still not getting how heechul, His cousin got to know who Sam is. 

"Have fun you guys. I have to run now. I have to pick Henry from the airport. He is coming home today!" He said in a really hype tone. 

"Alright then, send my regards to Henry, oppa." 

"De, arrayo." 

When Heechul was out of view, three pairs of eyes was glued to only one figure. And that is Sam. Sam had been sitting there calmly and so collected while enjoying the cake only to be taken aback at the reactions in front of me. 

"Waeyo?"

"So, today is your birthday?"

"y-yea." 

How coincidental don't you think? Sam and Seunghyun had the same birthday. Birthdays and anniversary shouldn't it be a fun thing? Everyone is cheering for the future and celebrating your past. Its a warm feeling but that was not being felt by all three of them. They felt a really strong sense of absense. All of them thought they're strong enough and keep on believing that they had come to terms with all of the 'sam-looks-like-seunghyun-but-he's-not-seunghyun'. Having him there sitting at the same table, having the habits that Seunghyun have and also having the same birthday as Seunghyun reminds them so much of their most beloved. 

Siwon couldn't hold it in any longer and his tears were at its brim and he reached out to Sam embracing him; leaving him startled by the younger's action. 

"H-hyung.."

'Hyung-ie aniya, siwon-ah. Seunghyun hyung-ie aniya.' It was the first time Siwon hugged him but somehow deep inside his heart he felt so warm and so familiar. It was as if he felt it before. 

'So, this is how it feels like to be hugged by my own brother.' 

"Siwon shi.." Sam blurted out. Even though he wanted the hug that he had received from his brother to last a little longer, he knew that he had to stop himself from embracing him. Sam was afraid of what he was feeling the strange familiar feeling in his chest. He was afraid of things he couldn't understand. 

"Mianhae, Sam hyung." 

'hyung?'  yes, hyung. Siwon had never called him Hyung before. It had always been 'sam shi' or 'Jaenghyun shi', never Sam hyung matter of fact. Their relationship had always been on the proffesional side. Its always formal never lifting off the bearier. Only now, on his birthday, did he actually got to hear those words that he wish he could hear once his mother told him about him having a twin and a family. Grinning widely, unable to stop himself from doing so. 

"Neh, gwenchanna, Siwon-ah." Out of the blue, his phone started to bleep, looking onto the screen, he excused himself for a while to pick the call up. 

"Ne?"

"How's the date going, uri ahdul?"

"Its okay, omma. Do you know that Siwon and Sooyoung is here too?"

"They are there?"

"Yes."

"Okay then, Have fun then. See you tomorrow Ah dul, yah.."

"Ne, take care omma."

With that he put down the phone and washed his hands. While doing so, still smiling as his thoughts flew to the scene earlier on.whereby, they were chatting, laughing and teasing one another and siwon's voice calling him hyung played on his ear. Soon the smile on his face fade away as the pain started to engulfed his head. His hand grabbed hold of the sink tightly as his eyes shut really, really tight. His face was contorted; trying his best to stop the hurt. He quickly took out a small zip-lock sachet in the pockets of his tux, unlock it and popped in a few of it into his mouth. In a haste, taking them in. He was not sure what was exactly wrong with him. He kept on seeing flashes that was in his dreams and nightmare as well. His mother told him that he had been that way ever since he was a kid and medication is the only thing that could help to ease the pain. But these day, that he was getting closer with the Choi's, its as if the medication were not help for him at all. But he knew, he have to get close to them. That's the only way for him to be closer to Seunghyun even if he was no longer here. Knowing how he used to be and hearing stories about him was enough for him to cover for the time he had missed out on having a sibling. When he was feeling a little better, he got up to his feet and walked out of the door with that unerasable smile on his face. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Sam excused himself to the gents, Tiffany, Sooyoung and Siwon were left there questioning Siwon's action. He was not sure himself. All he knew was that he had the urge to just hug Sam; forgetting that Sam was not Seunghyun. During that 3 seconds before Siwon reached out for Sam, He completely forgot that the person who was sitting next to him and was at the same table as them was not family but a partner, a business partner but all he saw was Seunghyun.

"Oppa, you missed him, didn't you?"

He just nodded. "Well, aren't you?"

"I do every single second of everyday,"

"Well, its good now that i see you take up the offer when someone ask you out for dinner, cause you never did.. ever since-.."

"Ever since a long time?"

"Yes."

"But i just hope you were not accepting his offer for a date because he looked like Seunghyun oppa, Tiffany-ah.." Sooyoung joined in the conversation, leaving Tiffany speechless at her last comment. "But if you are certain that you like him other than that reason.. i am sure the both of us are more than willing to be happy for you."

While the girls were talking to each other heart-to-heart, siwon began to text someone. 

'Heechul hyung, can we meet tomorrow? I need to ask hyung regarding something. - Siwon'

A few moments later, Sooyoung's voice could be heard saying, "He's here! He's here!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The lady who is staring out of the balcony window and who had just ended her call from her son, begin to smile relievingly. 

"Ah dul-yah.. Mianhae. Omma has to lie to you like this. If i don't do this, i am scared that you'd leave again. Mianhae."

"What 'Mianhae' omma?" A voiced crept in from the back of her bringing along with him a cup of coffee for his mother, not getting what his mother had spoken about awhile ago.

"Nothing, kyu. Omma was just thinking what if your hyung was still around... will our family still be seperated this way?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note.

I hope now the questions have been answered. Hehe. I hope you'd like this. It took me quite a few draft for this chapter. Hope you'd enjoy it. Sorry for the flaws. and I'll be back. So, please comment, Subscribe and upvote if you like it. I'll appreciate it. Thank you and have a great day. Good bless and smile! :^)