Chapter 5

My Heart

'Ding!' 

The lift opened and i walked out still furrowing my eyebrow; feeling pissed with the commotion that was happening earlier. As i placed my foot in front of the other, i could feel the stares of people around the office, eyeing me as i walked towards my own working space. Finally when i had reached the door of my office and held the knob, ready to flung it open, a voice crept from behind; startled me a little. 

"Unnie! I have great news!" 

I turned around and she looked up from the documents in her hands. Her eyes widened when she noticed my appearance. "W-what happened to you?"

I looked down to what she was looking at and i, too, was in shocked myself. I mean how could i forgot that theres a huge coffee-stained patch on my shirt making my top transparent and sheer. No wonder the employees were eyeing me as i was passing through the cubicles towards my space. I let out a frustrated sigh and rolled my eyes as the scene and the words of the most insanely-vain man earlier played through my head as i was trying to explained to Seohyun. I turned around and opened the door of my office space; leaving Seohyun confused by my unexplainable experience that made me so annoyed beyond words. The both of us stepped in and I went to the small closet by the frames near my office table. I looked through the contents of my closet; there were some tops, dresses, bottoms and coats. I took one off the hanger and change my stained shirt with the black sleeveless dress while answering Seohyun's question that i left hanging earlier. 

"Well, you don't want to know. So, what is the great news that you want to talk about?" i asked her in an attempt to change the topic. 

"Well, you know Sam-shi that came in yesterday had read through the documents and had already signed it. Plus, he had agreed to actually come in for the runway that is going to be held at the Grand Valley Garden. Its one great leap towards good partnership with him in the future." I couldn't help but to notice her smile that was being plastered on her face. She was blushing and turning crimson red whenever she was talking about Sam. It was a rare sight to see; given how she was always not showing her attention to guys that actually were a fond of her since she had not flew over for her University studies. 

"You sound happy.." I while showing off my pearly whites; half-smirking at her as i picked up the pieces of clothes that i wore earlier before the change and began folding it on my table.

"What was that suppose to mean?" the smile on her face almost immediately faded. She took a deep breath and cleared ; understanding my remark. She blinked her eyes a couple of times at me and said, "I am just thrilled that he was actually serious and is begining to accept Magramri better. You get what i mean right, Unnie? He is just so hard to please sometimes... He is just spot on Pick-y."

"Oh, trust me my Seobaby.." I walked myself from my table and towards her, putting my arms around her shoulder and continued, "I get what you mean." Again with my teasing. I guess this Choi Seohyun of mine has really grown up now. She feels something for Sam-shi. As happy as i am knowing that maybe she really had fall for someone under my radar, deep inside it just brought me back to nostalgia of Seunghyun oppa. I guess, Seohyun never really remembered him at all. Well, how can she remember? I mean she left Korea for boarding school years before she got to oxford. She was not there during my wedding when i was declaring my vow to the only person who made everything better and she only came back for a short while during her term break. During that time, she was waiting for the University major to start and also for Sooyoung's wedding. Then, she went back. So, she only met with the remaining Chois once. After which Seunghyun oppa left for the world leaving me with the best present i could ever receive, Timothy.

"Unnie..." She whined at me trying to surpressed her blushing face. 

'Knockknockknock' 

Both of our heads turned to the direction of the wooden door of my office. "Come in," i voiced out.the door opened revealing my secretary, Ms Park. 

"Goodmorning, Mrs Choi and Ms Choi."

"Goodmorning, Ms Park." "Goodmorning to you too." Seohyun and i said in unison. 

"Yes, what is it Ms Park?"

"I am here to inform you of your schedule for today. From 1315, theres a joint meeting with the shareholders till around 1420-1430. Then, at 1430 you have to check out the design's team progress and till around 1515, you have to leave and fetch Timothy from school. Work resumes once you returned around, 1700, to check the product samples and meet up with the organizer for 2015SS at the event venue; Grand Valley Garden. And that's the end of the work schedule for today. Before i leave, may i remind you that at 1900hrs, you'll have to head down for a family dinner to celebrate Mrs Choi's birthday."

My mouth was left a jar, when i heard the last sentence that was being said by Ms Park. Ommunim's Birthday is today? How can i forget that? Oh my God! Seohyun, who was still standing in the room notice my expression and questioned, "What's wrong, Unnie?"

I got back to my senses and said, "I forgot about Ommunim's birthday dinner."

"Oh.. so, you forgot about the gifts?" she asked with her eyes wide opened.

I nodded as a response to her question. "Ms Park, Ca-"

"Its okay, Unnie. I can go help you grab one later today. My schedule for today isn't as filled up as yours. And besides, i am also invited with Mum and Dad for the dinner. So, while buying mine, i can go grab yours as well."

"Really?"

"Yes, Unnie. Yes."

"Gomawo."

"Ne."

"If theres nothing else, you can take your leave first Ms Park."

"Me too!" Seohyun said as she wave her hands towards me. 

As both individuals left by the door, i plopped myself onto the seat and began to check my emails and start on my work. Suddenly, a bleep on my phone could be heard. I peeked on the screen and Siwon oppa's name began flashing on it. I swiped it to answer the call.

"Oh, Yeoboseyo?"

"Tiffany-yah! This is Siwon oppa."

"Ne, Oppa. What is it?"

"I just called to tell you that later in the meeting i am not the one who will be attending as a representative of Choi group."

At that moment, i swear my eyes was about to popped out of its sockets because the only one who would represent the Choi group other than Siwon oppa will be.. Oh, no!

"Then,-... who will be the one?" I questioned, trying to be as calm as possible even though i already knew who that probably would be. I was praying so hard within that few second of silence waiting for him to reply that he would say another person's name and not his.

"Kyuhyun." His low deep voice could be heard through the ear piece and echoed through my brain. In that split second, i could feel that time was passing slowly and things weren't going to be good later in the conference room where the meeting will commence. 

"Hello? Tiffany? Are you still there?" 

"N-ne. I'm still here. Yea?"

"I know you're nervous when it come to meeting up with Kyu. But no matter what had happened, i am sure you can put a proffesional front later on even if he has a tendency to be off course. He just needs time."

"Ne. I got it. Thanks oppa for the advance information. Really appreciate it."

"Kerom. Do your best later on and you're coming for the omma's birthday dinner right?"

"Its just going to be us right?"

"Not really. There'll be mum, dad, Seohyun, Appa and Kyu."

Abeoji's also going to be there too?! Oh god. Breathe, fany. Breathe. 

"Arasso. I'll try and be there."

"Goodbye."

"Bye, oppa."

With that our call ended and i was left in disbelief. Usually when Kyuhyun was the one who represent the Choi group for the shareholders meeting during times when Siwon oppa was not able to do so, Sooyoung will take over and i will do her work instead during that time frame. Now that she is not here for work and have to stay at home, only to be updated regarding Magramri through emails, i can not run anymore. Even tonight's birthday dinners too! Ommunim always tried to keep our meet ups outside as a secret to celebrate; not wanting Abeoji to know. Now, i am sure Kyuhyun and Abeoji have absolutely no idea that i would going to be joining in for the dinner later that day because the one who's planning this was Sooyoung and Siwon oppa. Everything was so tangled up. I had already agreed with Ommunim last week when she visited Timothy at our home to come for the dinner. I don't want to pulled myself out of the event and dissapoint her.

'Seunghyun oppa, what am i supposed to do now?' I mumbled under my breath as i covered my face with both of my hands. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Author's note;

I am so sorry my dear followers for the lack of updates and so here you go. I know this is not up to what you expect I will assure you that for the next following updates will be more regular and it will be better. Don't give up on me just yet! please comment and tell me what you think will happen. I'd really love to read them. Hehe. Really sorry to have kept you waiting. Thanks for reading despite the flaws. See you in the next update!