Chapter 14

My Heart

"It can't be.." that someone said under his breath. 

His eyes were still following the man that previously stood next to the lady that he seemed to be familiar with. Cold sweat were forming on his forehead and he could feel his heart began to beat faster and quicker than the first step that he took to the building. He wasn't sure what urge him to get himself to the building but he knew that he had to go ahead and meet her. He had to talk to her and somehow stop him from getting more and more involved with her. He knew he had to step in before what they've been fearing happened before their very own eyes. 

"Hyung? What are you doing here?"

"D-donghae-ah.." Eyes widen as he realized who's voice that belonged to. He slowly turned his head towards the younger brother of his and tried to even out his reasonings. "..I was trying to find you. Where have you been, huh? Are you still angry at me for what i did back than at the mansion?"

"Yea, i was but now.. not anymore.." Donghae looking straight into his hyung's eyes and continued, "..I'll try to work something out since the only thing omma seems to be concern about is whether or not i am getting myself married."

Hyukjae just nodded to the words of his younger brother as if he knew nothing about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Neh.. Timothy knows that Mummy loves you right?"

A smile was formed across her face as she heard the answer of her son. It was past his bed time when she called Sooyoung to check up on her son. It had been almost 3 days since she had brought Timothy back to their house. It was a struggle at first but knowing how Timothy had gotten used to having to sleepover at Siwon's and Sooyoung's house because of her hectic schedule at work, she had no choice either. 

"Kerom.. Mummy is going to pack stuffs now. When mummy come back home, we'll go to beach, okay? Just like Timothy always wanted."

"Yaksok?" was heard on the other side of the line.

"Ne.. Yaksok! So, please behave okay my little prince. Don't make Sooyoung omma tired, arrachi?"

"Ne, mummy. Goodnight!"

"Ne.. Goodnight.."

Placing her phone on bed next to the suitcase of hers that is wide opened. Turning her heels and walked into the walk-in closet of hers ready to take out the pieces of clothings that she wanted to wear for her 3 days in Macau. Holding out 2 separate dresses in front of her, deciding on which one she would see herself in during the trip there, all of a sudden, her phone began to ring. Letting out a heavy sigh, a little annoyed at who might be calling her at this ungodly hour of the night halting her 'packing-time', swipe the screen of her phone to answer the call. 

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Tiffany?" The voice was the same one as of the one in the afternoon. Swiftly, took the phone that was on the bed in loudspeaker into her hands. Private number, again. Leaving her with no choice but to attentively listen to the caller before asking for who he is.

"Ne, speaking."

"You didn't forget about grabbing a drink with me after work, did you?"

"About that.. I thought you stood up on me, so... I went home straight after. I'm sorry but wh-"

"Oh, don't worry about it. If you don't mind, can you come out now? I am outside the gate."

"Huh?! You're here?" She walked towards her bedroom's balcony and theres a car in front of the gate to her house. At this point, its rational that she'd freak out about the situation but suprisingly, she wasn't worried about the man behind the 'private number' identity. She was not nervous at the sound of his voice. It's as if she had known who he was way before he had called her. That sense of familiarity and warmth that she felt made her not think about anything else; even the question that she was trying to ask awhile ago had long been forgotten. 

"Ne.. I'll be down in a minute. Just don't go anywhere." 

With just those words and no assurance of her own safety in the hands of someone she might not even know, she just took her knitted outer covering and walked out of the house with her pump shoes. 

Ever so carefully, she made her way closer to the car in front of her. The man that had called her previously was visible under the street light of her neighbourhood. He was looking out to the park in front of her house with his back was facing her. 

"Juh gi yeo.." Tiffany voiced out, trying to gain some attention from the man that she had been looking at for quite a few minutes but couldn't figure out who he was. 

In a swift, he turned his attention to the voice that was calling out for him. "Oh, you're here! I hope you're not expecting someone else though... Shall we?" Donghae move slowly towards her as she nodded her head to his question. Dugeon.. Dugeon.. Donghae opened up the door to the passenger seat and helped her in. Instead of sitting in the cafe as per planned, Donghae ordered the drinks for the both of them and drove to a secret place of his. Once they've reached, Tiffany came out of the car and was in awe at the view. It was the on top of a hill near the park, where you can take a view of the whole city while still being in a very beautiful vicinity; a private green house. Turning her head towards him, she asked, "I've never known theres a place such as this in Seoul. How did you managed to find this place anyway?"

"I used to street race remember? I got lost in the turns and being lost... brought me to this place. It's beautiful isn't it?"

Passing her the drink that she left in the car when she came out for the view. For the entire time, the both of them were almost drowning in awkward silence especially when Donghae accidentally touch her fingers while trying to passed her the warm cocoa.

For a while since her question and curiousity had been answered, silence started to enveloped them as before "..So, what happened to your phone? Private number and stuff..." Tiffany asked.

"I had it change. I figured that if i still used that number and try to contact you... You might never want to answer it. Just like how i did a few times before in the past few weeks."

"So, i guess you succeeded then." Tiffany said in agreement to his statement. In the midst of the silence earlier on, Tiffany was asking herself the same thing that Donghae asked her, '..I hope you're not expecting someone else...' Those were the words that had been playing in her head. Was she expecting someone else other than him? She just couldn't figure out what she was feeling when her eyes laid upon him a few minutes before they had started on their conversation. Unconciously, she smile at the end of her remark making Donghae smirk as well to her reaction. 

Breaking the ice, Tiffany once again decided to speak out, "Is.. there something you want to tell me?"

"yes but at the same time no.. i just wanted to have a drink with you. Its been a while since we've talked... like really talk to each other."

"So, what is it?" still smiling towards the man by her side as she turn her body to face him. Questions are popping on her mind but she tries to calm her mind and just wait for what he wanted to tell her. 

"I am getting married..." He blurted out while still looking at the view of the city lights in front of him. The smile that Tiffany was wearing on her face was slowly vanishing. Among all those possible answers that she was hoping for him to tell her which will in turn answer her questions that was in her mind, this wasn't it. She don't know why but a pinch on her heart could be felt. Shaking off from the slight change in her expression, she turned her body and focus onto the beautiful scenery once again, away from his possible gaze. 

"...but i don't want to."

"Why?" Picking up her courage once again, recovering from her after-shock.

"I don't love her... I love you." He turned his focus to the lady next to him upon saying the last three words. There, he lay it out for her. He had been keeping it all, bottling up inside of him. He felt vulnerable. He truly did. Tiffany could only stare into his eyes, trying to process his confession. He could tell that she was shocked by his sudden honesty but he knew that he needed to put it out. For the whole day earlier before he met his hyung at the office building, he had been contemplating alot. He was even considering on accepting his mother's plan for him to get married with Yumi because he knew that he was his family only hope left for the company, seeing the latest progress on it. 

"I've fallen in love with you. You've succeeded in making me fall for you. I don't know how and i don't know when it all started but i know deep inside here..." He reached out for her hand and placed it on his wildly beating heart. "...you are the reason why... So, please if you may. Just tell me not to marry her, if you feel the same way, rest be assured that the wedding won't be continued and i will tell my mother that i disagree to the marriage because i'm in love with you and not her."

Feeling his heartbeat on the surface of her palm, she soon found out that hers was beating the same way everytime she thinks of him or remembered their times together at the track. However, her thoughts went back to the one person that had been a reason why she could not to seem moving on from the passing of Seunghyun and the only person that had given her strength to carry on with her life everyday. Timothy. 

"D-donghae.."

"Tiffany, I know this sounds crazy and really too sudden for you. But i just want to speak out everything that i had been keeping before my decision made be final. We loathed each other since day one when we crossed path. We never see each other eye-to-eye. But then, one day everything changed. Just one accident changes everything. We came to an understanding of each other. We saw the pain that each other held at the back of our hearts. At that moment when you told me about him, i knew i could never have a place in your heart because he is special to you. I understand if you were to not felt the same way that i do."

"D-donghae..." She began again.

"There's more to me than that of what you've already known. Yes, he is irreplaceable. I locked my heart away from people because he is the keeper. For the first time after such a long time, i realized that my heart started to heal. His passing brought such pain and guilt for the longest time because i'm always awaken by thought that i've cost someone who is so pure to lose something that he should have gotten to know about." Flashes of her memories came back to hunt her. Tears were at the brim as she says the words that she had kept as a secret just like he did. 

"W-what are you saying?" Alarmed by her sparkling eyes due to the tears.

"I have a son, Donghae-ah.. He passed away, My husband, he passed away because he wanted save me. It was supposed to be the happiest day of our lives because i got to know that i'm pregnant. My son lost his dad because me. I wish i can tell you not to marry her right now... But i can't because my son is all that i have and i don't know if you could ever accept him as your own... And i don't want to be selfish to you, forcing a child on you just to be with me. I can't do that when you can get married with someone elses who can give you a child of your own.." Tears that were at the brim slide off to her cheeks as an expression to the pain that she felt.

Understanding her thoughts, Donghae's hand reached out for her face and wiped the tears away. Slowly, the side of his lips curved upwards at the thought of her feeling the same way that he did.

"Hey..." Lifting up her chin, in hopes that she'll look at him in the eye. "...you don't have to feel that way. Knowing that you feel the same is enough for me. I love you and i'm ready to accept all of your flaws and your whole life if it may be. You've help me overcome my fear and pain, now let me help you overcome yours..."

 Hearing those words, she felt an urge to hug him. Placing her arms on his shoulders as he wrapped his arms onto her waist. All she felt was at ease. Yes, she felt guilty for having a tinge of feeling for another man. She closed her eyes as she buried her face into his shoulder, imagining Seunghyun's expression upon seeing her hugging Donghae that way.

'Seunghyun oppa, is this right?'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning as the sun rays were seeping through the thin curtains of her bedroom. With eyes half opened, she reached out for her phone to stop her alarm clock from blaring off the whole room. With a smile on her face, she began to stretch her arms as she walked towards the balcony of her room. 

"Good morning, seoul!" With the morning breeze brushing of the side of her arms and a smile still plastered on her face as the events of yesterday, came to mind, she got into the bathroom and got herself ready for her day. 

It was almost 720am. She was on her heels ready to head to airport on her car when her movements were hold on paused. The metal gate opened revealing Donghae who was leaning against his car door with a smile on his face after letting out a yawn. 

"W-hat are you doing here?"

"oh.. Good morning to you too, Milady..." He said.

Placing her steps towards the man, chuckling at his response that made her realized she didn't greet him yet. 

"Goodmorning! So, what brings you here this early?"

"Well, i want to send you to the airport. You told me you have a flight to catch at 8.30 am. So, you ride is here."

"Thank you but you don't have to you know..."

"I know.. but can't i just send my girlfriend off for the first time?" Donghae questioned. 

Tiffany that was still standing in front of him, felt warmth that started to grow onto her cheeks. Smiling as bright, trying to calm down her beating heart. It had been a while ever she felt the butterflies flutters at the pit of her stomach. Those of which she thought had died and now they're back to life. 

"Let's go!" Donghae exclaimed pulling her back and away from her trance. Tiffany just nodded her head. Taking that as a cue, Donghae help her in on the passenger side and, after which he took her suitcase and placed it in his car boot. Her gaze never left him even when he had to leave her for a while to place her suitcase to the back of the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note; 

Sorry for the hiatus. behind this virtual wall, priorities got hold of me and i couldn't help it but to settle things that needed my attention first.