Chapter 9

My Heart

"How is he doctor?" 

"Patient Lee is still unconcious. He went to a state of shock during the accident. Please have some patience in handling him when he wakes up. Knowing his history of-.."

"Hmm, Doctor, is it okay if i talk to you personally regarding the condition of my brother?" HyukJae voiced out, interupting the trail of madical explainations that was being done by the doctor who is known as Dr Shim. 

"..Y-yeah, Sure."

Earning himself a nod from the doctor himself, HyukJae turns around to Tiffany who was standing there lost in her own world unable to react to the sudden awkward situation she had herself in. "Tiffany-shi, if you don't mind,.. is it okay if you wait for Donghae in his ward for awhile till i come in? I promise i won't take long."

With an assuring smile growing on her face, she nodded and said, "Yeah, Its okay. I'll wait!" 

'Well, thats the least that i can do.' she said in her head while walking away from the premise following the nurses who were pushing the bed which Donghae was laying in to another ward; away from the E.R. She settled herself on the chair that was by the side of his bed. The ward that he was in was similar to the ones that she had been in once. The room which had a full on what we can call the 'hospital-smell', brings her back to reminise those painful memories. She took a deep breath and walked towards the window. The view of the litted hospital garden below, took her mind off those memories for awhile but that didn't last very long when a sudden groan echoed through the whole ward. In an instant, her head turned towards the man who was still on the hospital bed, trying to get himself to sit up. She went to him in a flash upon seeing how he was struggling. 

"L-let me help you!" Tiffany said; securing his arms in her hands helping him to sit up. She, even managed to set the pillow up and have his back rest on them. 

"Thank you..-"

"Tiffany,.. My name is Tiffany Choi. Many just called me, 'Tiffany'." She introduced herself.

"T-thank you, Tiffany-shi." 

Their gaze met and within a few seconds upon realizing it, both broke the gaze and an awkward silence started to fill in. Knowing her nature, she decided to speak up the man whom she had helped earlier in an attempt to get rid of the awkward atmosphere. 

"Hmm, i am sorry for what happened..."

"Well, don't be." He cut her short and took a deep breath before continuing, "..I was the one who was at fault. I knew i was not ready for it but still, i thought i could overcome it. I guess its too good to be true."

"What do you mean by 'it'?" She questioned. Only silence was being answered by him. 

Seeing that he had no plans on answering her, she decided to change the topic instead and said, "It's okay. I don't really want to pry on your personal issues any-"

"To be honest, i don't know.." He answered, once again cutting her short before she could fully defend her stand. Tiffany, who was standing by the bed with her arms crossed and left a jar; always ready to answer or give any explaination to the man in front of her; shut tight. The man that she was so annoyed with, the one who always had the most painstaking words of dagger to anyone's, particularly her, pride, seemed to be vulnerable. It was as if he was asking for her help with actually asking verbally. 

"...I just can't remember. I used to love driving before anything else. I used to street race and went to many competitions for car racing. I just don't know why i stopped. Hyung said that i saw a car crash happened to a team mate and since then, i stopped... racing." Tiffany listened to his story attentively. His eyes were sparkling in the midst of telling her, his untold story. She was confused as to why he was telling her about those tightly kept secret when she just met her for a few times. But either way, she was glad that she got to know this side of Lee Donghae that she was sure not everyone had the chance to get to know about. 

"You missed it, uh?" 

"Yes, i really do. I missed it but somehow, everytime i tried to overcome it.. It will always end up like this."

"You mean, in the hospital?"

"Yes. I guess after being so long not getting in touch with driving on my own and by myself, the phobia of it causes flashes of the scenes to come in more intensely. It hurts so much and my heart beats wildly maybe that is what cause me to passed out."

"Well then, i am glad that it was not because of my carelessness as a road user that cause you to be in here," Tiffany said under her breath, letting a sigh of relief knowing that her worries are over and the only thing that she should take responsibility of is the car and not both the owner and his damage bumper.

"Sorry? Did you say something?"

"N-Nothing." She denied. 'oh, did i said it too loud?!' 

"Great! You're awake, Hae-yah!" HyukJae, the person who saved Tiffany on time just entered the ward of his brother delighted to see his brother all well and had regained his conciousness.

"Oh, Hyung. You're here?"

"Of course. Where else would I be when I got to know you passed out on the road?!"

"Since you are here, I think its best if i excused myself. It's getting late."

"Yeah, you should go." The older one said, moving a step forward in an attempt to see her out. 

Tiffany just nodded. Before she got herself moving, she took a last glance to the patient of the ward and said, "Life is about overcoming things and i'm sure you are capable of doing so. Don't worry about me running away from my responsibility of the accident. Just send the documents for the damages that i've caused on your bumper to my office, I'll get them settled. Thank you and i hope you'd get well soon, Donghae-shi." With that, she left the ward, leaving Donghae still in the position trying to let her words sink in. 

Catching a cab to the Choi's mansion to pick her son up, she smiled to herself and at certain moments letting out a tiny chuckle upon realizing that the man who held up his ego so high and him being such a suffocating jerk, was just wearing that as masked; hiding his fears. She found it amusing as to how he was able to opened up to her like he had known her for years even when their impressions of each other was not that great. Well, at least the impression he left on her was not that great. He was full of himself. Deep in her heart, there was still a tinge of annoyance on how vain he was but either way, maybe just maybe after this incident they might just end up being friends. Just at the thought of it,.. she let out another wide smile, amused by her own thoughts. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A few moments later, the cab that she was in, went into the drive way of the mansion. It had been almost midnight and the two married Choi couple force the lady that had just arrived to sleep over in their house. A few meters away from the gate of the mansion, a mercedes bens parked by the curb. A man who was sitted on the driver seat with his phone with one hand, talking to another. 

"Yeah, she is safe and sound. Don't worry."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

`~Author's note.

I'll edit it next time when i have some leisure time for grammars and spelling errors. i hope you'll like this update. This is my second time writing as a third person and i hope that you'd understand what i am trying to convey across for my story. :^) Have a great day and god bless! Stay safe everyone and sorry for the flaws made.