Chapter 9 : Reality

My Enemy, My Lover

"What is your last wish then?" she did not reject him from holding her hands, instead replied him with a smile. "It's simple. I wish you'll allow me to love you forever" he look down to the floor, and again bravely speaks out. Ji Hyo felt that he is really different. Instead of saying he wants her to be with him, marry him, or any other sentences she thought he would say, he only ask her to let him love her. "But why? After all the pain that I've given to you"she sighed, still feeling extremely guilty towards him. "We can choose who we're willing to stay with. But love, isn't the same. Once you love a person, a true love, you will always love that person regardless of how much they once hurt you before. Because I love you Ji Hyo, It overcomes everything.." he tells her wholeheartedly and grab her hands tighter. "Oppa, then..I guess the best birthday present for you is.." she smiled, an extremely shy smile. "Birthday present?" he tilt his head, curiously he asked thinking that she is trying to ignore his confession earlier. "It is time for me to show you my unconditional love for you, like how you always do..." she smile, showing all her teeth. "Ji Hyo-yah..." his gasp hearing the unexpected confession from her. "I've been thinking a lot by myself recently, and I think my feelings for you is more than I can imagine. Why not give us a chance? Give me a chance? And give you a chance?" she touch her chest and calms her rushing heartbeat. Her eyes widen in surprise to realize how brave her action is. "You...We? You're accepting my love?"  he suddenly stand up in reflex and she begin to blush. "I call it a yes?" she quietly giggles.He paused for a moment, almost crying unlike the manly side of him. "JI HYO YAHHH!" he clenched his fist and cheer in victory. Gary kept shouting and run around the round table, jumping here and there until Ji Hyo had to calm him down. "Thank you.." the last thing he do after calming himself down is to go over and hug her as tightly as possible, lifting her up. 

They hugged for a few good minutes and Gary especially, is still smiling widely. He can never believe that this actually happened to him. "I've been waiting for this moment to come.." he broke the hug, hands still wrapped around her waist. "Oppa..yesterday..Chang Joo Oppa called me.." she suddenly mention his name and Gary's smile begin to fade. 

#Flashback#

*Ji Hyo's phone rings at the airport*

"Ne..Chang Joo Oppa.." she hesitated but picked up his call too. "Ji Hyo-yah..I'm..sorry, for real. I shouldn't be forcing you to love me and I finally understand, the main reason I've been treating you this way is...because I do not love you more than I love myself "he sighed, and his voice has never been this gentle for months. "My mind is opened. I give up, on harming both of us and I just want you to stay happy from now " he continued. "Oppa..I'm really thankful..." Ji Hyo couldn't express much but sincerely thanked him. "But...I don't hope to see this kind of relationship happening in the future.. So Ji Hyo-yah, find someone you really love and loves you the same. We just cannot work, because you accepted my love not because of love but pity. I know, you don't love me from the start, but you pitied me and you accepted my love..but I'm still thankful..at least now I noticed how selfish was I" his loud sigh can be heard through the phone. "Oppa, I'm sorry too for accepting your love at first without thinking. I thought I can try to make my heart love you and time can change everything, but..Anyway,we can still be friends right? " she apologize to him in guilt. "Of course!" he immediately response to her happily. "Let's be good friends then,Oppa.I'm really thankful for this.I got to hang up the phone. I'm boarding the plane soon.." she too replied without any tense. "But..Ji Hyo-yah..I don't hope that you'll make any mistakes again, then regret it. Sometimes, it is hard to find someone that loves you so much. You should know that I'm talking about Kang Gary. I've known you long enough to know what you're thinking and your action shows me that you have feelings too. Think properly, he's a good guy and..don't cheat yourself. Go for it..if you really love him..." he hung up the phone immediately, leaving his sentences hit her like a bullet. 

#End of flashback#

"So he is the one that made you think twice?" Gary put on a smile on his face again."Ne..I'm really sorry for taking this long. Sometimes I can get really messed up with my feelings.." she look at him with a pair of regretful eyes. "Some people are worth using my whole lifetime to wait for..." he smiled and wrap his arm around her shoulder, and she move towards him and cuddles up into his chest,with her face laying against it. They sat side by side, dangling their leg above the lake,on the deck. "At least I finally found you..." she hug him closer.They cuddle each other, and talk about things they missed throughout the years.

"We should quickly sleep..don't forget there's still filming tomorrow" she suggested when their conversation paused for a moment. Ji Hyo lift herself up from the deck and stood up, dragging Gary's hand asking him to stand up too. "I'm afraid I will miss you once you enter your room.." he stood up and say in a cheesy way. Ji Hyo awkwardly smile, still not used to all these cheesy lines although they had their love-lines on Running Man for years already. "We can still meet tomorrow..." she grip his hand and rub her thumb over his thumb slowly. He kept quiet and look into her eyes for a moment. "Alright then. I love you. " he held her face and gave her a peck on the forehead. She jerked back a little, but still smile to his kiss although she is not used to it. It has been a long time since a guy do such things to her. Chang Joo is man with his own stance in relationship and he called romantic actions as 'childish' , making Ji Hyo and his relationship progress stops at only holding hands. While Gary, which is a complete different person compared to Chang Joo knows how to pamper and take good care of his girl. With that little peck he gave her on the forehead, Ji Hyo felt like she is as lucky to have him as all the female lead to have the male lead in those dramas. "i'll get back to my room then..." she shyly smiled. "and...I love you too" she immediately turned, her back facing him and walk away embarrassed. He chuckles and watch her walk back to her room, kept the half-eaten cake into the refrigerator and walk back to his room hearing Haha's loud snore. "This kid must be really tired.." he laughed and the way he sleeps then snuggle into the bed beside.

*Gary's phone beeps*

To : Gary
Oppa, this love came late but I hope it lasts forever. I'm sorry I've hurt you so badly in the past, and let me heal you with my love for the coming days. Not because I pity you, but because I love you. It's a good thing that I can finally express my true feelings correctly.Sleep earlier, and do not reply me! Goodnight and again, I love you.
From : Mong Ji

Gary's lips curved upwards to his maximum. He is smiling all the way, like literally happy. He never felt such love for so many years. Gary was in a relationship for 7 years and got cheated from the girl he trusted. He never dare to fall in love until Ji Hyo appeared, the love that he couldn't control.

**

"Ji Hyo-noona, there's an empty seat here" Woo Bin called out to Ji Hyo, pointing the seat beside him when all of them are on the plane searching for a seat at the front cabin. The whole front seats basically did not have any outsiders as the whole production crew bought the tickets around that area. They finally ended their Running Man filming at Australia after three long days, preparing to go back to Seoul. All of them except Jong Kook and Suk Jin decided to go back on the same day. Ji Hyo reply Woo Bin with a smile and sat beside him, even when Gary gave her a kind of jealousy look. "Noona, It was great filming with you.." Woo Bin opened up a topic, showing the sociable side of him. They talked until the flight took off while Gary and Kwang Soo sit side by side, quietly. Kwang Soo glance at him unknowingly, feeling a sense of awkwardness as Gary was never this weird and quiet. Gary and Ji Hyo didn't mention to change their seats, as they've promised each other to not let anyone know about their relationship until both are ready. Gary's seats is directly behind them, and he stare in jealousy. "Noona, were you this quiet normally?" Woo Bin asked as he realized that she was always replying him in a short way. "Woo Bin-yah..our noona is always this shy.." Kwang Soo stuck his head to the gap in between the seats and explained to him, that she was always quiet to people she barely knows. "then Kwang Soo-yah! Why not...you sit beside Woo Bin since you always talk endlessly. Woo Bin would be so bored if I am going to sit beside him for 13 long hours in the plane!" she suggested, also trying her best to move closer to Gary. "Of course! I can have endless topics with my Bin-ah" Kwang Soo cheered and even calling the guest by nickname. Gary's sulking face immediately lighten up upon hearing that. Kwang Soo stood up and move towards the front. He exchanged the seat with Ji Hyo, and begin to chatter with Woo Bin. The two younger ones, Kwang Soo and Woo Bin seems to have more things in common. They begin to talk and laugh like they're in their own world.

Ji Hyo moved behind and stumble in to the seat inside, and Gary was grinning all the way. "Happier now?" she whispered to him and chuckles at how silly he smiled, seated beside him. "Of course I am! Can't believe I'm spending another 13 hours with you!" he said while his voice getting louder. Ji Hyo quickly cover his mouth with her hand, not wanting to get everyone's attention. He nodded, signalling that he can finally understand why she did so. "Ayee Hyung! I can't take your romantic sentences!" Kwang Soo again disturbs them, sincerely thinking that they are joking. Both of them startled and continue with a fake smile, and Kwang Soo innocently turned in front. "Shh..." Ji Hyo pinched Gary's cheeks, and he nods again in return and stick his tongue out. He look around and everyone is dead in sleep except for Kwang Soo and Woo Bin, happily chatting in the front row. Gary move his hand over and held Ji Hyo's hand. He did not speak but started to play with her fingers. She squinted her eyes and smirked, then ignores him as she is also tired. It took her not long to sleep, and her head is dropping everywhere. Gary who was playing with her hand few seconds back noticed and being the gentleman he is, he instantly adjusted her seats to make her more comfortable. He watch her for minutes then quietly fell asleep with his head facing her direction. 

It is few hours later when Gary wakes up by the sound beside him. He opened his eyes and see only darkness, with a little absence of light from the window. He look around and noticed everyone is sleeping deadly,it seems like the plane crash wouldn't even affect them from sleeping. The lights were turned off by the cabin crews to let all the passengers on board to have a better sleep. Gary then slowly turn his head, and indeed it was Ji Hyo making those little noises. She twist her body and adjust her sleeping posture, like she couldn't find the right way to sleep. "Ji Hyo.." he called her in concern and she immediately open her eyes, obvious enough to show that she wasn't having a good sleep. "What's wrong?I thought you can always sleep no matter where you are?" he begin to her hair, knowing that no one is awake to see that. "I don't know, Oppa. I just couldn't sleep..." she pouted, his heart melts right away looking at her. "I don't know if this helps..." he gently brings her head and it laid perfectly on the curves of his shoulder. He adjusted his sitting posture even until he had to sit extremely straight, just to make her more comfortable in that height. She smiled, "You're the best pillow.." she turned her head and gave him a peck on his cheek then laid down on his shoulder again. His eyes widened, with a wide smile.

"I can be the best pillow until the end of time.." he replied her and she quiets down, almost falling asleep. He turn his head to watch her sleep right beside him, so close to his face. "You're too cute to resist.." he chuckles to himself, watching pouts as she sleeps. Slowly, without big motion, he moved closer and kiss her forehead for a second or two. He face to the front then, wanting to sleep too. A figure can be seen through the corner of his eyes. He quickly turn his head to the direction of the aisle, noticing the danger. He gasped, when he saw the air stewardess that is on night shift standing there, dumb founded. She is probably the first to witness the real life Monday Couple. Gary's heartbeat stopped for a moment.

**

Author's Note : Sorry for the super late update! My Uni life just started and I need time to cope so, please understand. But i'll try really hard to keep the updates..and as always, I'm not sure if the chapters is good enough(?) Anyways, gotta say few things here. During their trip back from Australia, it is absolutely TRUE that Gary sat with Ji Hyo on the airplane and it is said by a fans that came back on the same plane with them. But because of the privacy at the front cabin, she couldn't see what happens afterward. According to her/him, Ji Hyo was sitting with Woo Bin ( like written in my fanfic), then suddenly, she just changes her seats. OMGGG. Anyway guysss...remember to comment, if you're free : /