Chapter 1 : Started with pain

My Enemy, My Lover

"This is why Oppa, you should treat me better!" Ji Hyo hit on Gary's shoulder as both of them won the race in Episode 168 of Running Man. Both guessed the ratio of wolves and sheep correctly and it was said that he could win because he is with Ji Hyo, whom luck always strikes on her. Gary jokingly wrap his arm around her shoulders and laughed in agreement, but a pair of unreadable saddened eyes can be seen if someone were to look clearer.

Gary's POV

Treat you better? I once did, just that you did not appreciate.

#Flashback 2 years ago#

It was the filming of Episode 80 where three pretty guest, Go Ah Ra, Hyo Min and Im Soo Hyang came. The theme of this episode was 'Charlie's Angel'. Gary was partnered with one of the girl guest and Ji Hyo seems to be acting a little jealous. The filming ended at night and all packed quickly,wanting to go home as soon as possible. "Ji Hyo yah, can we talk?" Gary stopped Ji Hyo as she was all ready to go back. It has been almost 2 years since Running Man started and Gary finally gathered his courage to confess to the girl he wants to be with, Song Ji Hyo. "Ah, ne Oppa." she stopped and replied him. Her gaze changed, as if she has something important to tell him as well. Gary looked around and saw almost everyone left the place. He faced her and looked at her, then hurriedly look downwards trying to avoid eye contact. She was aware of his actions. "Ji Hyo yah...what if..I tell you that I like y-" he scratches his head and began speaking but his words cut off when Ji Hyo's voice overlapped his. "Oppa! Let me speak first. What about...we stop our love-line on Running Man? I'm sorry but...I'm actually dating someone right now and it has been awhile. I think it would be better if we keep a distance..he doesn't like it..I hope you don't mind. Furthermore, we're just acting for entertainment purpose all this while right?" she said in guilt, hoping that he would understand. She probably did not hear what Gary said earlier as she also, finally decided to let Gary know about her relationship after months. He was quiet. There was dead silence between them, and his head still facing down. "Oppa? Are you worry about the rating of the show?Don't worry, Running Man is popular not only because of our love-line right? I believe viewers will still support Running Man." she continue speaking to avoid awkward situations. "I see..Arasso (Okay)" he replied shortly and turned around, his back facing her. "It's late already..you should go back.." he coldly tell her and walked away. She stood there dumb founded. Ji Hyo is always blur and she wasn't so sure why Gary treated her so cold. "Mianhae..." she sighed,feeling really sorry to see him walked away like that.

Gary's POV

I feel my heart shattered, into pieces that I can never connect them back. Am I not doing good enough? Am I not obvious enough? Where did it went wrong? I wasn't even acting at all, it was all from my heart.

He walked to his car and locked himself in it. Thoughts running through his mind. His eyes immediately went red and leaked with pain. His clenched fists harshly smashed on the steering wheel. He feel only pain and darkness. His tears of pain didn't stop, until the morning rises.

#End Of Flashback#

That pain was still kept in his heart even after-long. Monday Couple's love-line was stopped right after Ji Hyo suggested it to the producer. They were kept in distance after months and no one asked about Ji Hyo's relationship and she wanted to keep it low. Ji Hyo's relationship seems to be vanished into thin air after a few months and Monday Couple was naturally formed again, until now. She never say if she is still in a relationship nor she broke up. Gary was acting along and non, know their true feelings towards each other.

It is also clear that right after Ji Hyo told him that she was in a relationship, Gary slowly turned more wild and playful towards girl. He began drinking and smoking, more than usual. This has made everyone concern about him. The song ' Tears ' by LesSang was also written by him not long after the separation of him and Ji Hyo. Stains of tears can still be seen on his draft paper. He cried too, as he was drafting the lyrics. Until now, what truly happen between them was kept secret among the two.

"Chuka-hae (Congratulations) Hyung, Noona! " Kwang Soo screamed after the win of the two, trying to snatch away the gold bar but got slap by Ji Hyo. "How dare you!" she laughed and kept the gold bar properly in her bag. Kwang Soo who is really used to her Noona's hard hit just quietly ran away. "Oppa! You should treat me a meal since this Monday Girlfriend of yours brought you luck." she laughed and hit Gary on the shoulder jokingly. "The camera is not rolling now, you don't need to be called my girlfriend already." he replied jokingly as well but it seems like he is serious in a sense. Without further conversation, Gary left the place and bid farewell to everyone. Ji Hyo realize that weird attitude Gary has after the Monday Couple reunited again. He seems to be much different when the camera is not rolling, but acting all cheesy when people are watching. Which really shocked her due to the huge difference. Compared to 3 years back before the ' breakup ' , he would still be like a caring boyfriend even after the filming, even when no one is watching. "Sigh, something is wrong with Oppa..." she mumbled, and of course, the usual ' Mong Ji Hyo' could not figure out why he was acting that way. She knew he was certainly unhappy about something that happened between them.

**

"Gary Hyung! Wa-sseo(You're here)!" one of Gary's close friend called out to him as he walked in the club. Being the attractive guy he always is, he was surrounded by girls. He danced freely on the dance floor, together with many unknown . Drink, and get drunk. Wild, is the word to explain his daily night life. He smiled as he gets drunk, a smiled that is forced due to the unconsciousness, a smile that doesn't belong to his heart. To be exact, he is not feeling happy at all despite having so many friends around him. His true happiness was replaced by getting drunk, and not remembering anything that hurts him, just for a while. 

Meanwhile on the same night, Ji Hyo is going through tough times, too. "Oppa, are you really going to be like this...?" her soft and weak voice speaks. A tall and matured man sat opposite of her in a quiet cafe. "Chang Joo Oppa...." her eyes turned watery, in front of the man, the man that was rumoured as his boyfriend. "What do you want?" he replied as calm as he could. "Don't cry here, what if someone sees it?" he tries to stop her from crying, not wanting her to embarrass him. It was clear that he is a strong, tough and ego man. "I even hurt Gary Oppa in the past because you're jealous and now...you' re acting this way" she mumbled her words out in sadness. "Then go and be with him..." he stood up and walk away. " You're not the old you anymore..." she managed to tell him her last sentence before he walk out.  After he left, she too quietly wiped her tears and drove home alone. They have been dating for almost two years but it seems like their honeymoon period only lasted for a few months. Chang Joo definitely is a workaholic, and also someone who is secretive, even to Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo in Running Man, was acting herself. Without realizing, she became closer to Gary on screen recently even when her relationship with Chang Joo is still going on. She remembered him saying that he was alright. He told her once, that he let her do what she wants. Being the CEO of Ji Hyo's entertainment company, he sees the rating of the show more important than anything else. Therefore, letting Ji Hyo and Gary act as a couple definitely brings advantage to the company. Ji Hyo was confused, and unsure about the true him all the time. He can change within minutes. As time passes, she begin feeling that only when she is with Gary on the show, she felt what is true concern and understanding even Gary pretended that it was all acting.

She feels really unhappy staying home alone that night. Loneliness filled her and thoughts ran through her mind. "Song Ji Hyo! You need to find something to distract yourself!" she screamed in her hearts. She is not a 'night person' and doesn't really goes out during the night. All of a sudden, Gary's sentence popped out in her mind. He would always ask everyone to go to that special club during the night. She clearly remember the name of the club as he would never stop bragging about how happening that place would be during the night. Although she has not been very close to Gary off screen after the 'breakup' , she just wanted to see him and to talk to him at this very moment. She too, didn't know why.

**

Music blast through her eardrum as she walk in the club. Ji Hyo wasn't used to such loud music she has to cover her ears. Like what Gary describe, the place was packed with people, youngsters especially. People were showing off their dance move and Ji Hyo was squeezing through the crowd. "A cup of martini please.." she sat on the bar and ordered a gin based cocktail. She took a little sip as her drink is served then turned around to see if Gary, by chance was around. "Song Ji Hyo?" without notice, a guy, looks younger than her came and sat close to her. "Yeppuda ( Pretty ).." he smelled a little like alcohol. Ji Hyo flinched a bit to the back and smile. " I don't see you here often...you want some drink?" he smiled like a bad erted guy and offered her a drink. It seems like he drank half of it and gave it to her. Disgusted, Ji Hyo stood up wanting to walk away. "Wae....I'm not erted alright.." he laughed and grab her wrist tightly.

"Woon Ha, let go of her.." a voice came from the back as she was fear to death. "Ah Gary Hyung, mianhae...." the young guy immediately loosen his grip and walked away. Ji Hyo heard the calling of Gary's name and felt safe immediately. Indeed, it was him. The young guy turned out to be someone Gary knew and he respect Gary very much. Almost everyone there knew who he is because he is always there during the night. "Gumawo( Thank You) Gary Oppa..." she sighed in relieved and sat back on her chair, offered Gary a seat too. "Why are you here?" he asked her and his face was burning red, clearly he was drunk. "Just...something happened..." she sighed and gulped down her glass of cocktail. "And I remembered you...so I came here to see if you would really be here" she continued. "You....and Chang Joo-ssi?" he asked directly, as he was anxious about it. "Ne...we fought..." Ji Hyo honestly told him. She didn't tell anyone her problems after being together with Chang Joo as she rely fully on him only. Gary feel really confused and messed up after listening to what she said. He was a little unconscious already during that time and his heart was burning with hatred as he hears it. Without the ability to control himself, he blurted out what he isn't suppose to say. "Why are you coming to me when you fought with him? Am I his replacement?  We're just acting as Monday Couple right...I'm not your real namja-chingu(boyfriend). Why do I need to care about this?" he replied , slightly raising his voice a little. Ji Hyo was a little shocked. She never seen this side of Gary, the side that doesn't bother about anything. "Just go back...Don't make me hate you.." he sighed and walk away. She was still in shocking state. What Gary spoke to her, somehow hurt her even more than what happened earlier when Chang Joo, her real boyfriend, left her. With a heavy heart, she went home, alone.

Ji Hyo's POV

"Don't make me hate you". This is weird. It feels weird. Why does it hurts when Gary Oppa says this. Why does it bother it more rather than what Chang Joo Oppa did to me?

The whole night was spent thinking of how Gary spoke to her but not on the problem she faced in her relationship. Guilt filled her more as she think about it. She remembered how she forcefully stopped the love-line in Running Man. Although Gary did not disagree with her suggestion, he did not agree either. She remembered how she suddenly became close to him again after few months. Ji Hyo felt like she was playing around with him, using him because he was too good to her.

**

"My head...." Gary wakes up in the noon feeling extreme headache. He overshot yesterday and got drunken completely. His scheduled is pretty empty the whole week as he worked for himself, he choose the performance he wants to join and write songs only when he has ideas. Like how people always does, he pick up his phone first as he opened his eyes. He looked through his messages and ignored a few. "Gill...he must be rushing me to write new songs..." he ignored the first message. "Jo PD, must be reminding me about filming time..."he swipe away the second notification too. "Oh...Mong Ji..." that particular message caught his attention. He opened it immediately.

To : Gary

Oppa...I think I hurt you a lot in the past. I'm sorry,and we need to talk.

From : Mong Ji

Gary must have drank too much yesterday, he only remembered he scolded a guy away from Ji Hyo but his vision wasn't clear after that. "Why is she saying all this right now?" blur Gary scratches his head and stared at the message, trying hard to recall what happened.

**

Author's Note : So hey guyss... this is consider my third(?) fanfiction( If you haven't read the previous one, you can consider reading by clicking in my profile). Apparently, I have quite a few ideas running so...I'm excited in working this new fanfiction! Anyway, all this is based on my imagination and also feelings. Its true that I think Gary changed a little after the short breakup of Monday Couple :P and also....Chang Joo, I don't know about him. I'm just creating his personality myself so please don't think that he is such bad guy kay? :/Oh yeaa, do try listening to the song 'Tears' by LeesSang and look at the meaning because it is really sad and I got this feeling its about Ji Hyo. Lol. Thank you guys for reading. *gives u invisible clap*