Chapter 2 : Poles Apart

My Enemy, My Lover

"It's Suzy!" Haha shouted when he saw a familiar girl walk out from the stage, and her theme song was played. They are filming Episode 172 of Running Man on this day knowing that the baseball player Ryu Hyun Jin who is famous around the world will be joining them. It has been few weeks after the night where Gary unexpectedly told Ji Hyo his feelings of her complaining about her relationship with Chang Joo to him. Few episodes had passed but they could not really find a time to talk about the it. This time round, Ji Hyo, Jong Kook and Hyun Jin are in the same team. Whereas Gary, Jae Suk and Suzy are in the same team, leaving the three betrayal in a team. Two teams with the guest sat in one car and both of them automatically sat at the back. They exchange glances once in a while but not leaving out the conversation in the car. As they all reached the location of the first mission, Gary kept bursting his head thinking about what exactly Ji Hyo wanted to tell her. They all walk in group and joke around while Ji Hyo silently walk beside the big group.

Gary could not hold it anymore, he randomly dragged her behind so that she could walk with him. He cannot think of any other time for them to talk about it and it has been really long since that incident happened. "Wae Oppa?" Ji Hyo got shock of his sudden action. "Yah, you said we need to talk about something right?" he speak as soft as he could, not wanting to influence the on-going filming. "What's that?" Jae Suk's voice can be heard from the front suddenly. He caught both of them walking together at the back and joke about it. Both of them just smiled and acted like they were dating during filming, creating another Monday Couple on-screen moment. "It's fun when you can date and film at the same time.." Suzy said in envious and all of them continue their steps to where the mission take place. "We'll talk about it next time.." she quickly tell him and walked to her group. The first mission ended and all proceed to the next place, where they are asked to play dodge ball. Each team has to protect their only girl whereas the betrayal team chooses Kwang Soo or better known as Kwang Ja as their girl, making a big joke about it. Ryu Hyun Jin's strong force in throwing the dodge ball surprise everyone. Gary was trying hard to win for his team, he did all he can just to protect Suzy from getting hit. Ji Hyo who is ultimately save because of Hyun Jin's protection did not need to worry about getting hit but the only thing running through her mind is only, jealousy. She knew she has no right to get jealous of Gary being so close to another girl guest, but that particular feeling just strikes her. Without guessing, Hyun Jin's team won the first round. The producers was thinking to make it more interesting, they decided to pair up partner in different teams and play another round. Hyun Jin and Suzy in a team, Jae Suk and her 'ex-girlfriend' Kwang Ja , and also, the all time favourite Monday Couple in a team. 

Eliminating the the two men was not a hard task for Hyun Jin. The last fight is between Gary and Hyun Jin. The monster pitcher is all ready to attack Gary and Ji Hyo.The ball was passed around by Hyun Jin and Jong Kook. By normal reaction, the two unknowingly hug each other while avoiding the ball. Gary, with a heart that wants to protect her naturally hugs her tightly. "There's no need to hug!" Jae Suk said while laughing at them after the game end. They were embarrassed with their action and laughed along. Both deny and said it was coincidence that they suddenly hug each other. The day ended very quickly and night falls.They were brought to a rented accommodation for the night. Even before they rest, the producer came up with another mission where the money each individuals earned during the previous mission are used to exchange with time. Having more time definitely brings advantage as the mission is to find pillows hiden around the place for bed time, and losers will wash the plates used for their dinner before they sleep. Unluckily, Gary could not snatch or find any pillow. Gary, Suk Jin and Jae Suk, the three losers got out and washed all the plates. They call it a day and the cameras stop filming. "Have a good night sleep and we will have another long day tomorrow. Thank you! " PD Jo warmly greeted everyone and all prepared for sleep. The girls Ji Hyo and Suzy, of course, moved to another room whereas they guys all squeeze in a small room. They were all so tired, they went to bed straight after bathing or cleaning up. It did not took them long even there is so many people lining up, waiting to use the bathroom. Ji Hyo felt unwilling to move around and besides, the place provide only two bathrooms and they had to line up just to take a bath and rushed through it. She decided to be the last one bathing in order to enjoy a long warm bath. It was already midnight when everyone finally settled down."Unnie,are you not bathing?" Suzy asked in concern as she saw Ji Hyo, still in the shirt she wore since morning. "I'm going now.." she replied with laughs to her caring dongsaeng(younger sister). The bathroom was placed quite a distance away and she brought along her phone in case of any emergency situations. The lights were off and it seems like she is the only one left during this tiring night. 

To : Chang Joo Oppa

Oppa, are you really going to ignore me? I am staying outside today. Ryu Hyun Jin came to our show! 

From : Ji Hyo

She was certainly unhappy about what Chang Joo did to her previously. He did not find her at all after their meeting at the cafe and she has been messaging him everyday but no reply or signs of him. Same goes to today, she decided to try her luck messaging him, hoping that he can at least reply once but he did not either. As expected, Ji Hyo did not have to worry about people waiting for the bath as all of them are sleeping already. She took her own sweet time bathing and humming her favourite songs, mostly by LeesSang as she really love their music. She even imitate the way Gary raps and she could remember most of the lyrics.

"Alone between narrow streets in tears,
In case someone sees, I secretly shed tears,
I try so hard not to become weak,
My tears." 

She emotionally sings the chorus of the song ' Tears' by LeesSang as it really matches her mood recently. "LesSang's fan?" a voice shouted from the outside as she was getting too into the song. "Omma! Who is that?" she shouted out in surprise and immediately turn off the water. "Ji Hyo, it's Oppa..." a laughing voice can be heard. " Gary Oppa?" she immediately wore her clothes and jumped out of the toilet. Indeed, it was Gary. She can easily recognize his voice just by his adorable pronunciation. "An-Ja( not sleeping )?" Ji Hyo rushed out from the toilet and saw him standing outside, looking like he just took a long stroll alone. " Do you know how dangerous it is for a girl to come out alone at such quiet place?" he replied with a peaceful tone, but his sentence feels like he is worried or unhappy about it. "I heard footsteps, so I decided to check out.." he continued. "I was too lazy to move around earlier...and I was tired..." Ji Hyo explained like she was caught on crime. " Arasso...Oppa will walk you back.." Gary offered her a walk back although he actually wishes that she could stay with him longer. Ji Hyo quietly follow behind him and non of them dare to speak a word. "Oppa...jam-kahn-mahn-yo( wait )..." Ji Hyo pulled Gary as the reach the doorsteps of the room. "Are you sleepy? If you're not, maybe we should talk.." she told him as he turn around, giving her an ignorant look. Gary agreed with her suggestion and both walked to a place nearby, sat on a bench. 

"Oppa...did you remember meeting me at the club few weeks back?"Ji Hyo tries to recover his memory."I did remember meeting you. Wae? Did I say something wrong?" he startled and ask her back, remembering her text after that day. "Oppa, I'm not sure if I hurt your feelings in the past but I think I did? You should know what I meant. We're acting really weird recently. You look completely on-screen and off-screen. We were so close when the camera is filming and once it is not, you treated me like a stranger. I think this happens after our love-line stopped and got back recently. I am really sorry for what has happen but you have to know, I am not playing around with your feelings." Ji Hyo first opened up and stutters when she speaks, but bravely told out what she was thinking. After hearing her finished sentence, Gary naturally gives out a fake laugh. " What is wrong with that? I don't find anything wrong doing that though. We are acting close aren't we? You said it previously..Don't tell me you forgot the whole 'acting for rating'. Ji Hyo yah, you must be thinking too much..why would I get hurt for our fake breakup. You are not even my real lover. I normally treat girls the same way and you are just like my other friends, nothing special. Should I give any special treatment?" he replied like a complete jerk, probably because he still could not forget what happened years back. He never felt as rejected as before. Ji Hyo finds what Gary said extremely stupefying she could not accept it in such short time. She felt a sudden rejection by him, as if she only knew Gary for awhile and their memories never happened. The way Gary said made her felt small in his eyes. Gary was trying to keep a straight face after talking to her. "I see,Oppa. I did really think too much. Seems like we're not more than working partner. Thank you for your answer Oppa, at least I know how you feel. Kun-dae(But) Oppa...why do I feel so much pain when you say I'm just like the other girl..." her voice gets softer, and for the first time, she told him she felt pain in the heart because of him. She stood up and walk back to the room in fast pace. Her last sentence hits him right into the heart. 

Quietly, almost in tears Ji Hyo walked back to the girl's room and Gary stare at the view of her back until she safely walk in the room. He somehow regret and hates himself for replying her in such a mean way but words spoken cannot be taken back easily. Gary went back to his room after awhile and finally fall asleep when it is almost morning. He just could not stop feeling guilty towards Ji Hyo, at the same time trying hard to treat her coldly as he still could not forget how she treated him years. Ji Hyo on the other hand did not sleep at all throughout the night. She was already feeling gloomy enough when Chang Joo did not reply her messages for weeks and feel even dejected after the short talk with Gary. 

Next morning, the cameras was set up already before the cast wakes up. "Wake up. First one to get up has the advantage" Myeok PD shout out with the loudspeaker and plays the loud siren continuously. Ji Hyo,who is rarely an early riser surprise everyone by being the first to arise. The fact that she did not sleep at all was not known by the rest. She walk out from the room looking desolated. Following behind her is Jae Suk , Haha and the rest who is clearly looking like they had a good night sleep. Gary was the last to walk out as he fell asleep really late the night before. The didn't had much interaction throughout the day and also placed in different teams at the last game, Superpower Baseball where different famous Korean baseball player joined along the game. The second day of filming just ended without much Monday Couple moments, even on-screen. "Let's go for a supper shall we?" after the long tiring days, Kwang Soo suggested after the filming when the guest all left, and only the Running Man were there to talk about their next schedule. All of them are okay with his idea since the last time they spend time eating together off-screen was months back due to their own busy schedules. "You guys go ahead, I...got something to do.." Ji Hyo who is not speaking suddenly rejected the call. "Wae? Got a date with Chang Joo?" Suk Jin said while smiling widely, trying to . "Aniyo (No)..." she forced a smile knowing that it is impossible for her to go out with Chang Joo now. They were all teasing her, except Gary who stood quietly. Her unstable relationship was obviously not known by all of them,even Gary as she kept it really well. Without much reply, she drove home alone and all of them went to Haha's restaurant for their guy's talk. 

"Ji Hyo looks a little down recently.." Jae Suk gulped down his first cup of soju and tells the rest about his thoughts. "I was wondering..if it is about Chang Joo-ssi..." Jong Kook replied and they became worried about their only strong Running girl. They were sighing and thinking how they could help her. Gary suddenly felt even more sorry for her. If what they said was right, Ji Hyo must have felt so sad already and he even said such thing to her the night before. 

**

"Oppa, aren't you too much?" Ji Hyo stood outside Chang Joo's apartment the day after and he immediately invited her in, not wanting their pictures to be taken. "What is wrong again?" he ignorantly reply her. "Mwuh (What)? You're asking me what's wrong?" she thought he was too much acting like that. She did not know why too. He just changed in many ways out of a sudden, without reason. " Stop sending me messages, I'm just bored with you..That's it!" he shouted like Ji Hyo does not deserves any respect from him. "Now I finally see why. If that is the case Oppa, we're done.." with anger she immediately stomps out of his house. 

To : Ji Hyo

I'm sorry. I'm just depressed...Let's make up and not quarrel anymore?

From : Chang Joo Oppa

Immediately after she left, he sent her a text. This makes her even more frustrated. He is always acting this way every time after Ji Hyo suggests for a break up. He would treat her like she is invisible this moment then suddenly tells her he did not mean it the next minute. She felt so tired of his attitude. "Jjin-tta(jerk)! " she screamed in her heart scolding him. 

**

Author's Note : That's that. The second chapter. All this chapters will be based by the episodes of Running Man( you will realize if you are a big fan of Running Man). I will mostly relate the story closer to their real life so...it will be more realistic. LOL! Anyway, by using this way makes me believe that they are getting together soon. Hahahaha. A pure shipper's thinking.. :/