Chapter 6 : Mistakes

My Enemy, My Lover

"What if..." he continuously speaks and pause. 

"Just quickly say what you want!" Ji Hyo got annoyed with his pause in words.

"Uhmm...just...what if I say, this cartoon character look awesome.." he swallow his saliva and mumbled out a sentence, pointing to the video of the game they are about to endorse together.

"That sentence cause you to think so long?" she raised her eyebrows and stare at him.

"My lips were dry, so I couldn't speak properly..." Gary explained himself, acting like it really is by drinking the cup of water on the table.

"Ah...jinjja..." without much trust in his words, Ji Hyo ignore what had happened.

"Ji Hyo...don't you think that I'm very cowardly sometimes?" he popped out a question again, wanting to know how he is in her eyes.

"I don't have that kind of feelings though..Wae-yo?" she honestly tells him what she felt.

"Nothing...just asking..." he grinned and showed all his teeth

Gary's POV

What if I tell you I love you. What if I want you to be with me...I can't even express my feelings. Pabo..

"We're starting in 10 minutes. Here's your dialogue.." one of the staffs came in and gave them a stack of papers, with what they're suppose to say for the dubbing. 

"Anything to comment, or to talk about?" the camera man ask them, as he record the 'Behind the Scenes' to be put on the net for the fans. "Well, Ji Hyo is a professional actress.I think male gamers will want to play after hearing Ji Hyo's voice.." cheesy Gary gave his comment while Ji Hyo is preparing, and memorizing the script. "What?" she turned around to Gary who is sitting behind her, and unknowingly laugh, not sure if it is in bewilderment or happiness to hear that. "Hey..." Gary response in return, might be telling her that he is not joking.

**

"Kang Gary, help me"

"Lolol, Lolol"

"Multi-kill"

"Ultra-kill"

"Unbelievable!"

The two professionals ended the sound recording very quickly and they are both in excitement at the final work, if their voices matches the cartoon character. All staffs chants together as they finish in amazing speed. "Ji Hyo-yah, what about..we have our lunch together, at my restaurant.." acting as natural as possible, Gary tries to date her. "Of course! I would love to.." without hesitation, she accepted his offer. Since Ji Hyo's manager Unnie drove her all the way to the studio and already left to other location, they decided to make things easier by following Gary's car instead of waiting for her to come again. "Wahh..Bae-gop-a(I'm hungry)" Ji Hyo touch her grumbling tummy and kind of hinted Gary to drive a little faster. "Arasso...I'll speed up.." he chuckled and step the accelerator a little harder.

*Ji Hyo's phone rings*

 "Not answering?" Gary glance at her as he drives, while she stares at the screen of her ringing phone, as if the call is a sign of death. Right after he asks her, she swipe her phone to the left, to answer it. "Ne Oppa..." she speaks in a questionable tone, like the person wouldn't have call her at all. Gary heard her call, curious, he directly look at her as if he met his opponent in love and accidentally missed a red traffic light. "Is it that important? why..why now?...Oppa..Chang Joo Opp-" she slightly increase her volume and it seems like the person, Chang Joo cut off her phone. Gary had this feeling that he is about to be alone again. "Gary Oppa..." Ji Hyo look at him with puppy eyes after ending her call. "Do you need me to drop you somewhere?" he immediately understood those stares. "Ne..I'm sorry..he said it is something important. What if it is about my career?" she explained, feeling really sorry towards Gary, and realizing that Chang Joo is still the CEO of her company no matter what. She has to respect his orders. "Oppa will fetch you there.." disappointed, he agree on what she said, and gave up on their lunch.

"Gwaen-chanh-a (it's alright)...Drop me anywhe-"

"No! I will drive you there..please..." like he has eaten a fire ball, he insisted to fetch her there.

"Gary Oppa..let's have lunch together another time. I'm sorry..." feeling extremely upset at herself for breaking promise, she get out of the car apologizing to him. Gary dropped her at a outlying cafe shop, where Ji Hyo and Chang Joo would always meet up when they date. It is situated quite a distance from the town, and it seems to be empty most of the time by the look of it. Through the tinted glass,Chang Joo saw Ji Hyo walk down from Gary's car. "Do you need me to wait you here?" in concern, afraid that he might hurt Ji Hyo with his words again after that time. "He won't go overboard, I am sure..." with that he closes the car door and wave him goodbye. Even if he knew that both of them had broken up, he still feel unhappy about it. Gary drove home, once again, heartbroken. 

"Ji Hyo-yah...wasseo..." Chang Joo stood up and pull out the chair opposite for her to sit. "Is there anything urgent?" still polite, Ji Hyo questioned him. "Ani...Ji Hyo-yah, I'm really sorry about what happened in the past. I just, lost myself..." he cleared his throat and avoid her eye contact, feeling unmanly to apologize to a girl. "You don't need to,Oppa. We're no longer in a relationship and I won't remember what happened in the past..." her lips curved into a smile of ironic. "It is important, if I want us to get back together..." he suddenly look to her eyes, with loving eyes. "What are you talking about? Chang Joo Oppa, there's no turning back..we're done" she immediately look to another direction while her hand rubs her forehead, in panicky. "We're not..I know it's my mistake. I'm sure I won't do it again, very sure.." he place his hand on his chest, acting all sincere. "Do you think that this is possible? Oppa..stop being childish.." she stood up,wanting to walk away. "It is because of Kang Gary?" he pulled her hand to stop her from the back, and stood up too. They were lucky enough the whole coffee shop is empty except for the old lady boss, which has hearing defects who probably won't hear them quarrelling. 

"Why are you bringing his name up agai-" she turn back and wanted to scold him in frustration.

"It's not that I intentionally love to mention his name! But he is getting into our way, not just once but throughout our whole relationship. I don't get why are you pity over him all the time and every single time, when I ask you not to talk to him, you just did on the show, with your Monday Couple Kang Gary. It is even that hard to stop talking to someone, or because you love him more,from the start!" his jealousy burst.

"Oppa, gue-man(stop it)! The main reason of it is not Gary Oppa and he has nothing to do with this. All of it is caused by YOUR jealousy. To not talk with my working partner is too much and I really did try not to talk to him, EVEN when it is just for normal filming. Do you think that it is right to forbid your girlfriend from talking to anyone?Don't you think he is too innocent to get involve in this? Why must I stop talking to someone I work with, because you're jealous over nothing! If you trust me enough, you wouldn't have ask me to do this...this is just too much..I'm sorry, we just..cannot...maybe we don't belong together at all in the first place.." her eyes became watery and she flung his hands off, walking out.

"If it is so..do you think I would still give you a peaceful life in the company when I am the CEO? Now that you hurt my feelings, I can just stop you from Running Man or cancel your contract with the company just, anytime.." after his begging tactic failed, he begin to threat her with warnings.

"So that is what you call love? Go ahead, of what you want to do..I'm not your puppet..." with a strong heart, she left the place. It is quite late at night, and she didn't want to disturb her manager fetching her in and out. Gary too, obviously left already after dropping her there. Her house is situated quite near to the location and it is reachable just by crossing the park. There was no one along the park, with dim street lights. No matter what, having to know that she might have to lose her career because of Chang Joo worries her. She walk with her head down and her both of her hands in her pockets.Thoughts of blaming herself run through her mind and she was clear enough to understand that everything is caused by one of her mistake. Her eyes began to leak with tears. Slowly, the small cry became louder and she started sobbing,with her head still facing down. Tired of walking after a whole long day, she crouch down suddenly and continue crying. She did not know a simple relationship can bring her so much trouble, and to this extend. She bury her head in her lap and hug her knees, still crying to herself.

"You alright?" a voice came from her front and she feel a warm palm touching her shoulders. She shifted her gaze to glance at the person standing up in front of her and it was blurry at first, because of the rolling tears in her eyes. She wiped her tears away and look again. "Gary Oppa.." at ease, she saw Gary standing right before her, but her tears continue in pain. "Why are you here?" Ji Hyo tries to hold her tears. "I'm worry,of you.." he knelt down before her and combed her hair. "Tired? Come, Oppa will carry you.." he wipe off her tears with his thumb and turn around, back facing her, as a sign that he will piggyback her. In times like this, she felt safer to have him by her side. Now that she realize, he is just there with her, when she needs someone. Without refusing, she placed both of her hands lying on his shoulder bones and the whole of her weight on his back. Gary hold firm her legs and stood up easily because of her light weight. After knowing that she is stable on top of him, he free one of his hands and hook her handbag around his hand then carry her leg firm again. "Oppa, I'm tired.." Ji Hyo naturally lie down he heads on her shoulder. With on going filming, endorsements and also because of Chang Joo, she is certainly worry and tired. "I will be here for you..just sleep.." he 'order' her and turn his head to look at her. It's a pity to see the cheerful and fearless Ji Hyo in such a way. Relying fully onto Gary, she fell asleep soundly on his back. He walk as stable and slow as he would not wake her up.

"Ji Hyo-yah..." Gary twist his body to wake sleeping Ji Hyo up when he finally reach her doorsteps after a 45 minutes long walk. He rarely visits her at her house, but he remembered where exactly her house was the last time Running Man decided had a group dinner at her place. Gary was very sure that no one capture their picture and the security around Ji Hyo's apartment is very strict all the time, they even wanted to call the police when they see a guy carrying Ji Hyo and then, realizing that the normal looking guy is the famous rapper,Kang Gary. "Ah Oppa, mianhae..." Ji Hyo woke up and realize she was too comfortable earlier and fall deeply into sleep, there is even few drips of her saliva on Gary's sleeves. She immediately jumped off his back, feeling more energized after the 'short' nap. "It's alright. Not like this is the first time I see you sleeping like that.." he laughed upon seeing her embarrassed face, standing straight with her heads down. "Do you want to come in and have a cup of coffee?" still a little embarrassed, she invite Gary for a drink, in return of his kindness. "I would like to, if I am not disturbing" he reply while he shrugs his shoulders. "You are always welcome.." she reply him, smiling widely. 

"I don't have your favourite Caramel Macchiato here...so just this.." she place a cup of normal 3-in-1 coffee down on the table in front of Gary and he immediately take a sip of it. "Oppa, about just now..sorry again. I guess I was too tired.." she sat beside him and once again apologizing to him again, after the incident when Chang Joo fought with him. "Did he hurt you again?" he placed the cup on the table and turn to look at her. "He ask if we could, get back together again.." she sighed while she speaks. "Ah jinjja? Then what did you response?" he ask an obvious question to make sure she didn't accept him again, when he obviously saw her crying so sadly just now. "By the look of my face right now, of course I've said no..." she reply and lay back on the sofa. "He threatened me..." she continues, and close her eyes trying not to recall what Chang Joo said. "He said he can just cancel all my contract...since, you know, he has the power to do so" she explained to blur Gary after realizing he was confused, sitting by her side looking at her. "What a..." Gary wanted to curse him but he kept it back. "Sa-sil(actually)..you don't have to worry about this. Look, Ji Hyo, even if your contract with your current company ended, Running Man will still want you as the Ace,Mong, Bad Ji Hyo in the show. And I bet, he won't do that. What he said, is all just to scare you so that you can obediently follow his orders. Even if he really did, Oppa has my own LeesSang Company..." he explained to her, hinting that she can join his record company anytime. "That is one thing..I really don't bother if I lost my career. Now that all this happened, I felt like a..useless girl who go into decision before thinking. Everything now, is caused by me, even how Chang Joo Oppa became. He was a better person before. I made both party in a bad situation now...I'm just so sorry to him, and also..Gary Oppa, you..In a word, I'm just selfish" and again, her eyes reddened and turned watery. "Why me? You don't have to feel bad...I'm just, like the normal self.." he tries to cheer her up, feeling painful to see her cry again. "Gary Oppa, you know, I didn't want to treat you so different and distance myself from you too..Chang Joo was too sensitive about me being with the other guy. Sometimes, even the guys I acted in the drama, he would ask me to not talk to them...and now I feel so sorry for not understanding how you would've felt.." she finally explained how sorry she felt every time she was forced to ignore Gary. 

"Is it really because of that? All this while, I thought you hated me..." his jaw drop a little, knowing the fact that Ji Hyo didn't really wish to kept a distance from him. "No Oppa, why would I even hate you. I sincerely feel guilt in my heart all time...and having to end Monday Couple so suddenly wasn't what I want too..." she continued in regret. If only she think properly before getting into a relationship, things woudn't turn out in such a way. "And Ji Hyo....all this while, because of this, I hated you so much.." he suddenly admit how much pain he has in his fist sized heart.

**