Chapter 8 : Development

My Enemy, My Lover

" What do you mean.." she blushed and quickly backed off,shocked at how near their gap are. "Why are you so surprised? We were this near too when we played the Pepero game last time.." he laughed, and naturally pinched her. Although their relationship are much better now, Ji Hyo still could not get used to how Gary treated her. As if a complete different person, he is treating her more like a girlfriend now. "Don't mention about that!" her face flushed even more, it almost turn into bright red remembering how embarrassed she was when playing the Pepero game in the previous episodes of Running Man.

"Song Ji Hyo, I think I should make you love me more.What I'm trying to say is..I am going to chase after you again. I don't care if you love me or not. Maybe, you will begin to realize your real feelings, or fall in love with me. This time, I'm doing what I want, bravely. I don't want to be the coward Kang Gary anymore.." he grabbed her by both side of her shoulders. "I know if you really don't love me, I can't force. But I would continue hating myself if I know that I haven't try my best..." Gary, in fast speed, wraps Ji Hyo in his arms. She almost ran out of breath because he hug her so tightly. "Give me a chance..would you?" he whisper beside her ears, and let go of her. She stood there, stunned. This man always act so differently and can give her heart attack at any times. Ji Hyo remain there as silent as mute. "I love you.." Gary said cheekily and walk off to his car. Her jaw dropped after hearing his sentences, and her heart beats unusually fast. "Why is he being like that?" she gasped, at the same time smiling. She did not realize she was smiling. 

**

"CUT! Good take!" director Kim shout out as Jin Hyuk and Ji Hyo acted their scene in the drama out perfectly. "That's it for today.." he clapped his hand once and stood up from the 'director chair'. The staffs begin to rush around packing up everything. "Noona, you're going to Australia directly after this?" Jin Hyuk walk over to Ji Hyo as he saw her resting by the side. "Ne..it's for the filming.." she politely replied him and smiled. "Must be fun, to be a part of Running Man.." he was somehow astonished by the show. "It is...but it can be really tiring at times.." she nod in agreement, then complain about the hectic missions. "I wish I can be on of the host!" he laughed and revealed the fan-boy side of him towards Running Man. "You can try calling the producers! Haha!" she laughed in reply, both knowing that it is impossible but still joke about it. 

*Ji Hyo's phone beeps*

To : Ji Hyo

Ji Hyo-yah, you're coming later right? Australia is an awesome place and we didn't expect there will be this much of fans! I miss your face, so hurry! You will love this place..

From : Gary Oppa

"Seriously, he became so brave recently!" she mumbled to herself after reading his message, and Jin Hyuk stared at her, grinning. "Your Monday Boyfriend?" he burst out laughing, and . "I didn't know you're so nosy.." she laugh along too and pull his hair, showing the bad Ji Hyo side of her. They've not known each other for long, but they are as close as real siblings. "Noona! I'm not nosy. I just love Monday Couple.." he smiled, and comb his messy hair caused by Ji Hyo.

"Ji Hyo-yah,ka-ja (let's go)" her manager ran towards her and stop their conversation. "Jin Hyuk-yah, see you soon.." she immediately stood up, and run over to the van with her manager. "You're sure you brought all your clothes and toiletries?" her manager questioned her again and again, trying to make sure she did not leave anything behind. Ji Hyo nodded in reply. "We're going to the airport now. Your passport, airline ticket and important documents is with me. I brought some medicines too, and extra clothes for you" her manager continues, checking the list again. "I just need to bring you everywhere. You got everything! " Ji Hyo laughed at how scrupulous is she. They board the plane that takes about 14 hours to Melbourne. No one know the exact time when Ji Hyo will reach, even the Running Man members. She checked through her notifications before the plane take off and the chat group with all seven of the Running Man member popped out. 

Jae Suk says : Ji Hyo yah, let us know once you reach! [4:35PM]

Jong Kook says : Don't overslept in the plane and fly back to Korea! [4:40PM]

Jae Suk says : Just do your mission Kim Kook Jong! [4:41PM]

Gary says : I'm so tired of the mission! Suk Jin hyung is not doing anything! Hahaha [4:42PM]

Kwang Soo says : I'm so lucky to get Kim Woo Bin! :P [4:45PM]

Suk Jin says : Gary yahhh! [4:46PM]

Haha says : Anyone that gets Woo Bin and Rain is lucky. I'm jealous! [4:48PM]

Jong Kook says : Haha-yah, hyung is not good enough? [4:50PM]

Jae Suk says : Ha Dong Hoon, you're dead [4:55PM]

Ji Hyo can roughly guess how their teams are formed through their messages, she giggles at how annoying they are even when it is just messages. "But..."

Ji Hyo says : Aish, Oppa! You're all so annoying. But..KIM WOO BIN and RAIN is the guest?! Ahhh~ handsome guys! [6:01PM]

She replied them and waited for a few minutes, no reply. She assumed that the PD must have kept their phones looking at how busy they are,playing around with their phones. Ji Hyo switched off her phone and the flight took off. 

**

"Gary hyung is sleeping?" Haha ask when the clock strikes one and they call it a day.To them, it is just the start 24th of February as the time is Australia is an hour faster compared to Korea. It is also a day, considered important to all of them. Gary is soundly sleeping after a whole day taking care of Suk Jin, his partner. Kwang Soo and Haha went around with the camera given by the PD and recorded everything that happens behind-the-scenes, and even expose Gary's body as he is used to sleeping without his clothes on. When the two finally decided to leave everyone alone and stop recording, Gary is already deep in sleep. They all gathered around the living room, leaving Gary sleeping alone in the room. "Ha Dong Hoon, we're ready..wake him up!" Jong Kook pushes him towards the room direction and Kwang Soo off the lights, and the whole living room turned extremely dark. "Ah, I need to sleep..." Gary rub his eyes as Haha dragged him forcefully out of the bed. "Hyung! Wear your pants!" he threw his sweatpants to Gary and he reluctantly wore his pants. "Dong Hoon-yah, what is it?" he blink his eyes, and tries to open it widely then pick up his shirt and wears it in a quick speed. "Just follow me!" he pushes him from the back, Gary had no choice but to follow him. 

"Saeng-il Chuka-Hamnida(Happy Birthday) !" Gary's eyes widen by natural as he sees all of them stood outside in a row together with a cake. The lighted tall candle stands out the most in the dark room. He covered his smiling face with his hands. Gary himself couldn't remember that it is actually his birthday due to his busy schedules. "You guys remember.." he walk towards the crowd, still smiling. "Of course! You're our Gary.." Jae Suk walk nearer to him, bringing the cake. They all sang the birthday song together, with Kwang Soo trying to harmonize with their melody. Gary laughed all the way to their weird harmony, when all of them doesn't match at all. "Now, your three birthday wish!" Jong Kook pat him after he blew the candle off. Gary closes his eyes, wishing sincerely. "First, I hope that Running Man can continue and we can grow old together.." he stated out his wish and all of them clap. Woo Bin and Rain stood at the side and clap along, amazed by how close they are. "Second, everyone, regardless if I know or not, to stay healthy and happy.." he speaks out his second wish and all of them clap again. "Third...I'm using this wish for later.." he open his eyes and grin. "Ayeee, who else is going to celebrate with you? You'll be here in Australia until tomorrow.." Kwang Soo whimper and teases him. "Who knows.." Gary shrugs his shoulders, then thanked them for remembering his birthday. They all cut the cake and all gets a piece, even Jong Kook who hates to eat late at night took a piece of it. All of them immediately snuggle into their bed after that, preparing to face the tiring race again tomorrow.

**

"This is Melbourne!" Ji Hyo raise her hands up into the air and feel the breeze of Australia. The camera already start rolling the moment she step out of the airport. Her phone is also confiscated by the PD before she can even message the rest that she arrived safely. "You're the fifth element, earth. In order to win, they need all the element and you're the only earth element. Go get your three earth card by eating all the food.." the producers explained the mission to her. Her face immediately lighten up with smile after hearing that her mission is to eat, showing that she is all ready. She is also wide awake with big appetite as she slept throughout the long hour flight. 

"First mission, Little Royale dessert...." Ji Hyo reads out the instructions and headed to the location in the map. Upon reaching the little shop at the streets of Melbourne, her mission is rather easy, which is to eat up the macaroons provided. Ji Hyo has never been happier to do mission, she gobble up the macaroon and gets her first earth card. She was about to depart to another location when she pass by a unique cake shop. Every little cake is customized with different patterns and design. She smiled asking the camera to stop rolling for a moment, and walk in to the shop forgetting all her mission. A particular cake caught her eyes.

**

"We might have to change the location.." Jo PD immediately prepared the transport as the fans are crowding along the streets. It is far beyond their expectations that so many of them will be there and all of them thought that this can be a relaxing race as they're in a foreign country. They all had to gathered at the indoor Royal Exhibition Building for the final mission.

The game ended with Rain winning it for his teams and getting all the gold. The all cheered and acknowledges the strong win. Without further delay, they travel back to their accommodations, also a rented four-storey house beside a beautiful lake. All of them chatter around the dinner table, and mostly telling Ji Hyo what they did the day before.

"Ah Oppa! Happy Birthday!" Ji Hyo picks up a piece of lettuce with her chopstick and place it in Gary's bowl. "That's it?" a little disappointed, Gary sighed. She did not reply, but gave him a sort of guilty smile. " You already had your cake that we bought for you.." Jae Suk teases him and gave him another piece of lettuce. " Yeah..lettuce is good too.." Jong Kook too, adds in and place a bigger piece of it on top. They all laughed at him and he acted out a sulking face. Not long after the dinner, all of them immediately went to bed after the two tiring day. 

"Ne..Omma..." Gary walk out of his room not wanting to wake up the sleeping Haha, and picked up his Mother's call. "Happy Birthday son...remember to find Omma when you're back in Korea.." his mother's tender voice can be heard through the phone. "Thank you Omma! I will be there, what is a birthday without your birthday soup(seaweed soup).." he smiled sweetly and lovingly,remembering how his mother will always keep the korean tradition of cooking a seaweed soup every year on his birthday. Gary is not a person that fancy on expensive gifts, and he always loved how caring his mother is, while preparing the seaweed soup which no one else would do the same. "Better late than never.." she laughed too. They talked for a few minutes and hang up immediately when Gary hears her yawn,knowing that she is tired. He took a glance at the wall clock before walking back to his room. It is 12 midnight in Australia, which also means his birthday is ending in another one hour in Korea time. Despite getting so many wishes and presents from all the Running Man staffs and crew, he still seems unhappy. Something, is bothering him. 

"Oppa.." a hand pulls him from the back when he is about to turn the door knob of his room. "Ji Hyo, still not sleeping?"  he turn around and saw her standing behind him, with her sleeping clothes. She did not reply him, and drag him to the deck behind the house. "What is it? Is there a snake?" he hurriedly follow behind her, thinking that she is really afraid of something. Once reached, she stood directly in front of him, blocking his front view. 

"Before it ends, Happy Birthday.." she smiled and moved away, letting him see something special. Gary's mouth begin to curved upwards. A small but appealing cake with a candle lighted up is placed on the rounded garden table. He walk nearer and realize that it is a customized bulldog cake, then remembered about the bulldog soft toy he gave her. At the side, she tied up two balloons and let it fly with the direction of the wind. They walk and sit on the chair, both facing the unique looking cake opposite of each other. "I know it's simple, but..stay happy Oppa.." she smiled and then sings him a birthday song, all by herself. He gaze at her, with loving eyes. "Thank you Ji Hyo-yah, this means a lot to me.." he gave her the warmest smile.  "Quickly, blow the candle.." she laughs shyly, as this is probably the first time she sings a birthday song in a solo way to someone. Even Chang Joo has not hear her sing it by herself as he always celebrates his birthday together with a bunch of people. "Let's blow it together.." he says and breathe in loudly, she nods. They blew out the strong air together and the flame extinguish immediately. "You probably used up all your birthday wishes earlier..so skip the wishing part, and eat this cake!" she laughed and reach out her hand to pull out the candle. "I was keeping the last wish for you..." he move over and hold her hands firmly.

 **