Chapter 16 : Sunshine

My Enemy, My Lover

         "Oppa, let's try it out..just for the game" Ji Hyo said as they were asked to raise heartbeat during one of the mission during their filming in Running Man. The goal is for a person's heartbeart to rise above 160 within 3 minutes. "Yea, right. Just for the game" Gary said and held her hand tight. The rest of them stare at the couple smiling widely especially Jong Kook and Haha. "Hyung, just for the GAME" Haha whispered to Jong Kook even with the guest, Hong Seok sitting in between of them. Jong Kook grinned widely. "Why? Did I miss out anything?" the guest asked in confusion. "Nothing, it's nothing" Jong Kook patted him, still smiling widely. 

        Both of them played the truth game and get into the situation immediately. "Did you ever had feelings for me?" Gary asked directly. "I did think you look cool once" she honestly spoke, but some part of it wasn't so true

Ji Hyo's POV

Yes, everyday, that I can't even contain my feelings for you within. You don't just look cool once, but all the time

        "Then Oppa, did you ever see me as a woman?" Ji Hyo continued as Gary's heartbeat raised even higher. Obviously he said yes. "Then, if I confessed my feelings to you back then, would you have accepted them?" she continued and this made Gary even more surprised. All this while, he thought he was the only one falling for Ji Hyo and these words of her made him feel special. "I think we would've met like the wind" he answered after calming his heartbeat. Ji Hyo wasn't so sure of his meaning but she knew it was something good. She smiled shyly. The conversation then continued but their heartbeat was raising steadily afterwards. Somehow, both of them are used to those cheesy words for one another and it doesn't make much difference. 

        "Do the 5cm challenge" Haha suggested, intendedly want them to just have more time on screen. They draw their face closer to one another, which is what 5cm challenge is about. Gary couldn't hold back his inner self and kept moving towards Ji Hyo,almost kissing her. "Gary yah, stop stop stop" Suk Jin immediately wake Gary up. The brothers, Jong Kook and Haha was clenching the fist and laugh at how forgetful Gary is. He probably forgot that there is still camera in front of them. Ji Hyo back off, smiling at him. She gave him a kind of 'this-isn't-home' look and he understood. "Just let your nose touch.." they soon suggested again. They were real close when they did the eskimo kiss, and Gary tilted his head just so that he can move to the next level. Ji Hyo burst out in laughter and backed off immediately.

        It was all lovey-dovey session for them throughout the episode, they didn't bother hiding. The last mission was all about good food and cooking to win the battle. "Oh~ Ji Hyo is cooking" Gary . Gary is always the one doing the cooking when they're both together. She is just bad at it when it comes to cooking. She would normally just be the one standing and helping him stir the food or bringing the ingredients. Besides, why do you need to cook on your own when your boyfriend is the owns a few restaurants?

**

        "Tomato sauce and chocolate. Kang Gary you're so unpredictable sometimes" Ji Hyo laughed as she fasten her seatbelt, both preparing to leave the filming location after the final mission. She was still a little surprise of how both completely different ingredient can make such delicious sauce. They didn't win the last mission, but at least Gary found out a new recipe. "Like how I just fell in love with this girl here...unpredictable" he joked. "It's predictable of course! I am so lovable" Ji Hyo praised herself jokingly. "gue-chi( I know right) !" he was nodding in agreement. 

        "I can't imagine what happens the moment this episode is broadcast. I wonder if my eyes hid my feelings well enough when I was confessing to you during the heartbeat game" Gary was still enjoying the moment when they can actually talk freely following their emotion when the camera is right in front of them filming every conversation they had. "Your eyes is easy to see through! I was so worried because you're giving those kind of eyes that melts me every single time!" she immediately got aware that Gary was acting a little too obvious. "It's fine..let people guess.. It's even better when they found out about it right?" he replied. "Oppa! You can't play on this kind of stuffs okay?" she slap the back of his hand from the passenger seat. Gary immediately let go of his hand from the steering wheel and interlocked her hands. She gripped it tightly too. "Kang Gary...what do you actually mean by 'We would've met like the wind' during the heartbeat raising session?" she stared at him while he smile looking to the front, never forgets to drive carefully. "Ah..why wind? Wind comes in a certain speed like how I would just run to you. Even if it will be of different speed and also meet turbulence at times, just like every love story when there will be quarrels, the wind will never flow in opposite direction. In the end, they still blows towards the same direction just like you and me, our direction is the same, to love one another until the very end" he explained and Ji Hyo stared with her tears rolling. She never expect that such simple lines has deep meanings within. He is indeed, unpredictable. "Your charm is never ending" she wiped her watery eyes and giggle. Even so, she felt really touch to hear such words directly from his mouth. 

        That episode was broadcast after a week and all fans especially those who ship them goes extremely crazy about it. The topic goes huge to most headlines in the entertainment news. "You sure we're going to be fine by acting like that?" Ji Hyo stared at Gary while he had that 'stupid smile' watching the scene. "Don't worry! Even the PDs didn't say anything about it..Just let things go naturally" he answered her casually. 

       "Oppa...I'm gonna miss you" she said out of the blue and lay on his chest. "Wae? Why so sudden?" the sentence caught his full attention. "Just...we're going to be so busy after this. I know you'll be flying around for your showcase, and same goes to me..." she sighed. "It's okay, we can still text and call until we meet right? Cheer up, we'll spend sometime together on your birthday before our busy schedules arrive" he pinched her, trying to make her happy in any possible ways. "I don't think we can...I'm flying to Shanghai for NBA event a day before my birthday" she quietly looked at him in guilt. "Are you being serious? For how long?" he sounded disappointed. "two...or three days?" her voice was getting softer. "Ahh....I can't even celebrate your birthday on the actual date?" he sighed so loudly it made her even more guilty about it. She was quiet, and he noticed it immediately. "I'm not angry...just.. how could I let you be alone during your birthday?" he her hair, again trying hard to cheer her up even when he is also very sad. "It's alright Oppa, just this birthday I guess. It's gonna come back next year anyway!" she tried making herself happy too. "Then I'll celebrate with you when both of us are around in Korea, I promise"

 

**

        "Happy Birthday my precious Mong Ji, how was your day? I miss you" Gary called Ji Hyo sharp in the midnight, following Korea time. "Thank you, Kang Gary! I miss you too...My day was great, the fans celebrated my birthday during the fanmeet. I think they're really thoughtful. Everything was fine" she explained her day. "Glad you enjoyed it. I saw those pictures on Instagram too" he added. "It would be better if only you're here..." she sighed. He knew a part of her is missing something. " I promise i'll celebrate with you when you're back.." he convinced her. "I bet you will..." she replied, but still sounded a little moody. "But for now..." he continue. The lights of her hotel room goes off and her manager with the staffs barged in to her room door pushing a trolley with birthday cake on it. Each and everyone was holding one balloon. Behind the cake, was a tablet with Gary connected to the video call, Smiling widely through the screen of the tablet. 

"saeng il chuk ha ham ni da 

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da 
sarang ha neun Song Ji Hyo~ 
saeng il chuk ha ham ni da"

        They all sang together in unison. "Omo...Thank you, everyone of you for this" she covered . "It feels like home" she bowed down, appreciating each and everything they prepared for her. "It wouldn't be success without this guy here, who gathered us and planned this" her manager replied pointing to Gary in the mini screen. They clap and hurried her to blow off the candle. Everyone gave Ji Hyo a birthday hug and went off leaving the tablet with her. Gary smile looking at her through the screen, still as beautiful. "Kang Gary, thank you" she held the tablet tightly. "If you were here, I could have just crush you with my tightest hug" she added in. "Just wait till you're back..." he replied, smiling."Ji Hyo-yah, I see something under the trolley" he grinned widely. "Don't tell me you have more surprises!" her face got a little shocked. She immediately went back the trolley and took off the cloth covering it. Indeed, a present wrapped neatly and a bouquet of roses are placed there. "Kang Gary........" her heart skips a beat, and she sat there. Her heart definitely fell even deeper for him. Gary was screaming, asking her to bring the tablet everywhere she goes as she was smelling the roses. "I don't want to see just ceiling, Ji Hyo yah. Put the tablet in front of where you're unwrapping the present" he complained playfully and she quickly brought the tablet in front of her. "Kang Gary, I don't know what to say besides feeling thankful for all these.." she thanked him, and send him a flying kiss. "What's this..." Ji Hyo then took the present and unwrap it carefully, trying not to tear the beautiful wrapper. "Just tear it, I have plenty of this design wrapping paper here.." he . "Yah! It's my present..." she laughed. 

        Her face was unsure when she see two piece of papers stapler together with the title 'Bicycle'. It was Gary's handwriting on it. She was worried that she will cry any minute if he wrote something for her. "It's going to be my latest song,releasing in another week...I wrote it..." Gary explained. "for you..." he added. Line by line, she read each and every word he wrote.  

The weather’s so good for the first time in a while
The sky is clear just like our relationship
I just laugh for no reason, laugh for no reason
The Han River is embraced in the arms of the tall
buildings
We ride our bicycles through the wind
Laughter comes out, laughter comes out


#Flashbacks on Ji Hyo's mind as she reads#

"Kang Gary! Why are you cycling so fast" Ji Hyo paddle even harder to chase him.

It was a day with clear sky when they decided to go for a secret date at the park beside Han River. They put on their simplest attire with a cap, their favourite.

"Catch me if you can!" Gary was cycling like a happy kid. He was teasing her for awhile and slower down his speed afterwards. 

"Just kidding, I'm not that cruel to leave my precious far behind me" he laughed. 

"Sit here, i'll cycle you around" he patted the seat behind his bicycle. Ji Hyo immediately jumped on it and left her bike abandoned on the road side. Gary was cycling so fast the chilly wind blew on their face refreshingly. "I love it!" she cheered behind him. 

#End of flashback#

Don’t stop, run toward the red sunset
Don’t stop, this moment
I feel so good

#Flashback of JiHyo after reading the second stanza of lyrics#

"The sun is setting..." Ji Hyo pulled his hand, running towards the corner of the river. The sky was painted an array of pink, orange and yellow. It was amazing how beautiful nature looks like. The sun drowned in the horizon, as both of them held hands looking at it. "I love it..." she smile so widely, her eyes was forming into a straight line.

"The happiness of running towards the sunset you have right now, is how happy I am, running into you" Gary wrap his arms against her petite body. 

#End of flashback#

We both wanted to get away from it all, the complicated city
The stacked up work, people’s noisy words
Instead of that, we face the river’s wind
The river is calm as if it stopped it place, it’s like our heart
I am following you from behind
Your hips look ier today
My thoughts wander and I start to drool
Then I get caught red handed by you, who suddenly turned around
You yell at me, telling me to be careful, pretending you didn’t see that

#Flashbacks continue#

"Imagine how we will be if we can just live our love, ignoring everyone.." Gary bring her closer to him as they watch the water in the Han River flowing calmly. "We would probably be as calm as Han River right now.." she smile and walk even closer to the river bank, leaving Gary behind, starring at her.

Her body catches his attention. He was looking at every inch of her curves. "Yah! I know what kind of face is this!" Ji Hyo caught him starring at her. "You better not..." she walked back and pinched him hard. "Arasso arasso, you know it's hard to control when it's you..." he tried to free himself from the pinching. 

#End of flashback#

Peacefully, you and I sit down
We eat our lunches as we look at each other
I just laugh for no reason, laugh for no reason
For anyone else, this might be a normal routine
But to us, it’s special
I just laugh for no reason, laugh for no reason


#Flashbacks, again#

"Look at you, the rice is all over your mouth..aigooJi Hyo wiped Gary's mouth while laughing at how messy he is. She then continue eating the lunchbox Gary prepared  early in the morning. His eyes was on her all time. He laughed.

"Why are you laughing by yourself?" she heard him laugh. "I don't know, natural reflex action? I'm just so happy today" he laugh again. It made her laughed too, but freaks her out at the same time because it is surely a little weird that he is laughing by himself. 

"You know, I'm just wondering when will be the next time we can enjoy our day like today.." he said.

#End of flashback#

The sunset spreads from the west sky
We stop at the beauty of it, it’s like a picture
So many people on the river bank with busy hands
and lips
The sun closes its eyes at their secretive whispers
People are drinking a beer on top of the green grass
Laughter is in their faces, everything is peaceful in this city
I step on the pedal with you again and go toward the end of this road

You’re my sunshine sunshine
The dazzling sky seems like your background
I can’t take my eyes off the beauty
You’re my sunshine sunshine
The sun sets and the darkness comes
But we’re going, going

#Flashback at the last paragraph of the lyrics she read#

"More people are coming, we better leave" Ji Hyo suggested. "Let's just take one more sight of this scenery" he stopped, she followed. "It's a beautiful place isn't?" he seems a little unwilling to leave the place. "It's even more beautiful that you're here with me" he added. She hug him tight. They hugged for a few good minutes and prepare to set off on the bicycle again. 

"The sky is getting darker, but why do I feel so bright?" he told her in the midst of cycling back. She was a little confused.

#End of flashback#

"Oppa...I can't believe it..." those tears that were rolling in her eyes, rolled down to the curves of her cheeks and it fell on the paper she was holding. "I'm pretty sure you must be wondering what I meant by bright the other day. It explains now, right? No matter how dark the world can be at times, I'm fine as long as you're around. Ji Hyo-yah, you're just like a sunshine that shone on all dark times, and make the bright times even brighter"

**

Author's Note : KKKKKKK...an update AGAIN finally. Anyway, 'Bicycle' is a song written by Gary recently to those who don't know about it. The lyrics reflects alot to my delulu towards uri MC, and I wrote this. Hope it is not too confusing. If it is, well, the italic word is the lyrics Ji Hyo read. And then she was flashing back on everything she read. Erm......THANKS FOR TAKING TIME IN READING THIS. :D