Chapter 10 : Your Scent

My Enemy, My Lover

He gasped. He looks at the air stewardess, thinking that she will definitely tell the whole world about it. "I will keep it to myself..." to his surprise, she did an okay sign and whisper to him. Gary's jaw dropped, feeling as grateful enough to just shout a loud thank you but he couldn't. He also tried not to move too much in excitement as sleeping Ji Hyo is still lying, unnoticed at his shoulder. The stewardess then did a thumbs up to him, and she seems sincere. "Honestly, I've been shipping both of you since Running Man started! I knew this is going to happen.." she soft-clapped and smiled showing all her teeth then walk away. Gary feel boastful enough to be a couple with Ji Hyo,that so many people support. He scrolled through his phone and a few photos that the fans edited came across his view. Very pleasant, and perfectly edited photos he almost thought it is real. He always loves how the fans analyze if they're together.

"Imagine if Ji Hyo is sleeping on Gary's shoulder in the airplane..OMO!" one of the fans commented his/her point of view below the picture.

"Yes she is!" he laughed and mumbles himself, then look at sleepy Ji Hyo. Sometimes, he has the strong urge to tell the whole world how much he love her. But Gary is wise enough to control himself, knowing that this can cause a lot of problems. Ji Hyo's mouth is wide opened and soft snores can be heard. Gary picked up his phone and recorded her sleeping look, thinking that it would be fun to sooner or later. He stare at his girl lovingly for a moment then fall asleep too. 

**

"Attention passengers, the plane will land approximately about 15 minutes. Please fasten your seatbelt and adjust your seats to the original position. Thank you" the voice of the captain can be heard through the plane, one by one open their eyes. Gary and Ji Hyo popped open their eyes about the same time and she quickly lifted up her head from his shoulders. Gary moves and turn his left shoulder for a few times, feeling numbness as he has not been moving for the past hours. The lights were on after the announcement from the pilot. Ji Hyo turn and look at Gary with the sweetest smile then shifted her gaze to his sleeves. "Omo Oppa! I think I drooled too much..." she covered upon realizing that Gary's sleeves are slightly stained by her saliva. He laughed. "That shows how suitable am I as your pillow.." he lightly pinched her cheeks, then help her fasten her seatbelt. Her face turned red. To be exact, she drooled on his shirt already when they're only in a relationship for a day. "Just be yourself. That is why I love you.." he said sincerely and that made her laugh. They acted like friends again, when everyone is awake. The plane landed right on time. They took their backpacks and walk through the exit where the air stewardess will bid them farewell. Gary walked in front of Ji Hyo, and saw the stewardess that witnessed him giving Ji Hyo a peck on the forehead earlier. She gave him a thumbs up and he reply her with a different smile compared to the others. Ji Hyo curiously stared at his actions, and gave the air stewardess a 'stay away from my boy' look. 

"Everyone, you guys did a great job!" Jo PD clapped and walks off to his car. They can at least rest for a week without Running Man filming after the hectic days at Australia. The members all bow and patted each other on the shoulder, then walk off to their own waiting spot. "Anything up tonight?" Gary quickly ask Ji Hyo before she managed to get up to her transport. "Not really. I'm free for two days.." she smile, not sure what is he up to. "What about, we have our dinner together?" he speaks in fast motion, noticing that Ji Hyo's manager is about to finish putting her luggage in the car. She grinned. "Arasso.." she replied quickly, and get into the car before any fans capture them secretly talking. 

**

As planned, Gary and Ji Hyo meet up at his restaurant, the only place where their dating can be kept secret. Gill was the first to know about them, as Gary never hide any secret from him. He helped out, to cover them until both reaches the VIP room at the second floor. "Order all you can eat.." he handed her the menu. "Don't get shocked!" she laughed and picked out all the food she wants. Despite her small body, she got a big appetite. Gary wasn't that shock as he knew how much she can eat. She is always the last to leave the dining table whenever there is Running Man filming. Sometimes, she can even eat more than a man does. 

Because it is Ji Hyo, their foods reach in a very fast speed, as if she has special treatment. "Ma-i-sseo (tasty)!" she exclaimed, every spoonful after. Within a short time, the food she ordered is cleared up by both of them. "Look at you.." he smiled, and suddenly move forward to wipe with his hand. She awkwardly smiles, still not so used to being treated like a princess. They talked until Gill had to stop them when the shop needed to close. "You lovebirds, find another place to spend your time.." he grumbled jokingly and hushed them away. The road was silent and it is already midnight. Ji Hyo was too concentrating in their conversation; she forgot her phone that was on silent mode. She immediately checked her phone and there's only one message from her manager.

To: Ji Hyo

Yah, it's already beyond my working time. Gary was there right? Ask him to send you home. I need to sleep. Just drive your car next time when you need to go out. Don't ask me to fetch you here and there like a little baby! Hehehe good night.

From : Unnie

She laughed, at the same time felt guilty. She can actually drive to places by herself but often times; laziness took charge of her mind. This time too, she begged her manager to fetch her there and even lied her that it is about work stuff. Innocently, she believed. Now that Gary is her boyfriend, she knows he would not mind fetching her home. "Oppa, I guess you need to give me a ride home.." she linked his hand. "That would be better. I need to see you longer anyway!" he slightly bounced in joy. It only takes about 20 minutes to reach Ji Hyo's apartment and they felt like they needed more time together. "Oppa..would you like to have a cup of coffee at my place?" she smiled after looking at how endlessly his topics are. Without hesitation, he turn off the car engine and get out off his car, since he is already at a parking lot. It was as if he is just waiting for this sentence. Her apartment is more of a privacy building where not much people are around. Their simple outfit will never catch any attention as well, just like a normal newlywed couple.

They went up to her unit, and decided to watch a movie instead of continuing Gary's endless stories. In this way too, they can cuddle each other. Ji Hyo is lying on Gary's chest, while he wraps his hand completely on her body. The light is dim for better effect on the movie. Both are very quiet and Ji Hyo is immersed in to the action movie. "Ji Hyo-yah.." Gary called out to her when the movie ended, like he is about to give a review on that movie. "Neh Oppa.." she gaze up to look at him, from his chest level. "What if, one day you realize that I wasn't the right choice?" his face was straight, showing that he was really worried. She did not expect he would say such thing. "What is wrong?" she lifted herself up at sit straight, facing him. "I don't know..I just feel like, there is better person that might be chasing after you out there. And I'm just Kang Gary..." he is trying to explain, that he is just him, without anything charming. She gave him a smile, but his face is still pouty. "You don't need to be better than others; you are already the best. The current you, the simple you, is what I really love. Stop putting up a worry face.." she cup his face with both of her hand. "It took me so long to realize how much I love you, and I won't ever let you go anymore because Kang Gary is what completes me.." she smiled, and she can see him slowly smiling too. She didn't want to see him so worried and insecure. "Cheer up, my love" she continued, and slowly moves closer to him. Her lips met his, without him noticing. She took the initiative to kiss him on the lips, their first kiss. It was just a short touch, just like a little gift for him. It feels different, as their lips met. His eyes were wide open, even after she move inches away. This is probably the time when his eyes opened to its maximum. He smiled even more. "Pabo(Idiot)..." she laughed at how foolish his face is. Her action is somehow beyond her control when she is with him. "This is embarrassing..." she covered her face and it is bright red. Ji Hyo is still stunned of her move earlier. "Why? This is what couple does right?" it turned out to be his turn laughing at her, she is still covering her face. Gary took off her hands and lifted her chin. "A guy should always response to a girl.." he smile, and move slowly towards her. At that moment, she know what will happen exactly. She closed her eyes, not sure if he did and felt his lip touches hers. It is a soft and slow kiss, with deep feelings. The soft kiss broke after a long time, when they knew they had to stop.He caress her back as she lie beside him. "You have a special scent.." he gave her a loving smile as he combed her hair. "What kind of scent?" she lay her head flatly on his chest. "I don't know..just..your scent.." he smiled, and hug her even closer. The night was spent well, by them having a closer bond together.

**

"Gary Oppa, any love lyrics recently? Let's do a duet.." Jung In nudge him as she saw him sitting at the studio, drafting out a few paragraph. "Just at the right time! I am writing something recently.." he laughed. Jung In has been really close sister-like friend to Gary since LeesSang's debuted. She would constantly visit their studio, to see if there is any new product to work on. Most of Gary's song is also sung by her. "Let's see..." she move nearer towards the crumpled paper that Gary has been writing on for the past few days. " I only managed to write out one paragraph..." he giggled and cover the few paragraphs below the neatly written first paragraph. Even if he didn't cover it, she couldn't see it clearly too as the lyrics is in a mess. She picks up the paper and read out the short stanza that can be seen clearly, probably also his first thought.

"I like you so much because of your human scent
I’m even more attracted to your clumsy appearance
If I hesitate, I might lose you
So I’m going crazy"

 

"Omoooo Oppa! You must be dating!" she punched him on his shoulder. "She is...special.." he didn't reply much but just with a simple sentence. Jung In is screaming, almost loud enough to break the glass. She is excited for him, as Gary is a person that doesn't fall in love easily. "I will continue the rest of the part as time goes...as there is not much special moments happening yet.." he stopped her from screaming and shyly laughed. "I am wishing for a fast progress! Daebak.." she is still shock of the fact that Gary is suddenly in a relationship. Jung In tried guessing who exactly the girl is, but no answer came out. The only girl that seems possible is Ji Hyo, but she isn't so sure if Gary likes her for real. "You're annoying!" he pushed her hard that she quickly ran away, disappeared from his sight. "Your scent..." he mumbled to himself, remembering the night when he can smell her pleasant scent so near. It seems like the smell is still running through his nose.

**

Author's Note : Thereee! Another chapter.. I get really busy recently and didn't have time to use the laptop(Where I update my story) Am really new to University, so gimme some time to update but I wont be on hiatus >< Anyway, recently Monday Couple became so close and you will realize it if you watch the Asian Dream Cup!!