Chapter 12 : Exceptional

My Enemy, My Lover

“Yes noona, just imagine what happens in the future. Endless and continuous fights. You should really end the relationship” Jin Hyuk continues even Ji Hyo showed him the shocked face. “I am serious, noona. Look, you are starting to hate him if you continue the fight” he speaks as if he is wanting the relationship to end quickly. “How can I just give up so easily? Do you know how much we have been through to be together now? And let me clear this, no matter what happens, I will still love him like I first fell for him” her voice was clearly angry. “See, that’s what I was trying to show you. I was just kidding about the breakup” he laughed. “The truth is, do remember how hard you worked for this relationship and this little fight is just a little more to overcome” his face turned serious. Ji Hyo gave him a weird look. “You know you love him, and there is no relationship which is always perfect. Just like, not only girls are sensitive in many cases. Guys can be sometimes too over reactive when it comes to their partner. This shows that they are really serious in the relationship. I don’t know who is the specific ‘guy’ noona is talking about, but I am pretty sure that he is a good guy” he smiled, acting like a love professional. Ji Hyo somehow nodded along his words without her realizing. “So I am really wrong…” she look down to her toes in a worried face. “Noona, there is no right or wrong in relationship. It is just about giving in to the person just because you love them” he patted her like a senior even if he is younger than Ji Hyo, then quietly walk away to let her have some time alone.

 

To : Gary Oppa

Oppa, are you free tonight? I’ll go over to your place

From : Ji Hyo

 

 

The will to text him immediately appears. She hoped that he is still fine. She was lucky that her schedule is not fully-packed on that day.

 

**

 

“Oh Ji Hyo-yah…” he opened the door, but not with the usual way of welcoming her with a hug. She walked in and naturally sat on the couch, while he closes the door and follow after her. She was preparing to apologize when Gary sat down beside her. Quietly she breathes in. “I…” suddenly they said in unison. “It’s alright, you say first” she held back her words. “No, I’m fine. You say first” he too kept quiet. Both of them sat there again without speaking for almost a minute, trying to wait for each other to speak up first. “Okay, I’m sorry for what happened” surprisingly, they apologize in unison again, right on the same time with the same sentence. They glance at each other. They burst out laughing at the coincidence. “I know you’ll never get angry of me. Thank you for understanding” Gary immediately pulls her into his embrace. “No Oppa, I’m sorry for not understanding you” she move backwards so she could see his face. “You were just worried about me, and I easily got annoyed just because I’m tired. I shouldn’t act that way in the first place. Oppa mianhae, you are the most caring boyfriend anyone would ask for, and I did not appreciate you” she held his face in her little hands. “You don’t have to say that. There is no wrong or right in love, just understanding. I should understand that you’re tired too, right?” he smiled and pulls her in for another hug. Ji Hyo smiled, and remembered how Jin Hyuk told her the same thing about love.

 

“Are you staying over tonight?” he asked while her hair. “No, actually I have to leave for filming at the midnight, maybe until the morning” she sighed. “But Running Man filming is on tomorrow morning too” he stared at her, thinking her schedule might get clashed. “I’ll be there in the morning” she lie down closely to his chest. Most of her filming are late at night until the morning as they need the hospital for their drama location. That period of time is when the hospital will be available for filming too. Not long after their talking session, Ji Hyo gave Gary a goodnight kiss and move on to her work place.

 

**

 

“But Ji Hyo is not here yet?” Haha asked curiously, and Jo PD told everyone that she will be joining them soon. They are all on set, except for her who is rushing from her filming set as fast as possible. “There will be a camping race today, and each of you will be partnered with a guest” the PD immediately started the filming without Ji Hyo. They introduced the guest Oh Man Suk, Im Ju Hwan, Kim Jung Nan, Kim Ming Jong, Lee Sang Hwa and Kim Dong Jun. Jae Suk did not have a partner as the busy man, Ryu Seung Soo is just on his way to the train station.Gary is paired up with the national athlete, Lee Sang Hwa . Just when the filming is running through, Ji Hyo appeared at the doorstep with a tired look, and messy hair. She was filming for the whole night and did not even sleep for a second. “Oh Ji Hyo-yah, this is your partner” Jae Suk direct her to Dong Jun, one of the young and energetic idol guest. She was comfortable with him as they worked in the same drama once. Gary kept his face straight, although he was clearly worried about her health. He could see that she force her smiles.

 

 

“Dong Jun ah, mianhae but I think our scenes won’t appear that much during the broadcast. Noona will probably fall asleep” she immediately confessed how tired she is. “It’s alright noona, I know how tired you feel” he smiled. All teams went on their separate ways and travel by different transport. Ji Hyo’s team travel on the bus to almost all places. Most of the time, she is sleeping soundly in the bus.Gary know Ji Hyo was tired and moody the whole day, he tried not to disturb her that much. Besides, Gary’s partner Lee Sang Hwa admitted that she admires Gary’s song a lot. Who else would be more jealous than Ji Hyo in this situation?

 

Their last stop was at the camping site, where only the winner, gets a nice cabin car to camp. The comfort level of their tents depends on their ranking. They first move to the deck house for dinner, as Haha and his partner Oh Man Suk grilled various delicious beef for them. “Now, we want all of you to write about your impression towards your partner. Don’t worry, the letter will be anonymous” Jo PD hurried them to different corner and secretly write about their partner. Gary sat at one corner, starring at the paper for minutes. He was OK with his partner but he didn’t want to write it in a way that Ji Hyo will get jealous about it. He skipped the first question, and his eyes slowly focus to the second. “Who do you wish to be partnered with if you’re given a choice?” he read the question silently, he smiled. “Song Ji Hyo, of course” he immediately wrote on the paper, forgetting that his choice will somehow hurt his partner. Gary ended up writing something humorous about her partner. Ji Hyo on the other side, was too tired to even think about anything. She wrote out what she really thinks, and choose Dong Jun as the answer for the second question too. “It will be anonymous anyways” she finished it the earliest and handed in to the PD.

 

“Yoo Jae Suk-ssi, please read it out loud” Jo PD announced and handed in the stack of papers to Jae Suk. “My partner…” Jae Suk started reading the first letter he picked up. “Oppa, NO!” Ji Hyo screamed as she noticed it is her letter. She was startled that they are actually reading the letter out. “So it was you that wrote this letter, Ji Hyo-yah” they all laughed as she covered her face. The review she wrote about Dong Jun is overall a good one, and to the second question, Gary felt a little disappointed that she did not write his name. The next letter is from Dong Jun to Ji Hyo, everyone figured out as Jae Suk reads the first sentence. “My noona sleeps a lot, every time” everyone laughed agreeing that it is definitely Ji Hyo. “I am happy with my partner, I love her” Jae Suk was shocked but he reads it out too. “Are you confessing?!” Haha teased them and Gary directly showed his unhappiness and nobody know he was serious about it. The dinner ended as all of them prepared to get in to their warm tent. Dong Jun went over to Gary’s normal tent where the ladies gathered at Ji Hyo’s tent which is slightly bigger and comfortable.

 

Even when the camera is rolling, Ji Hyo took the initiative to walk over to Gary’s tent. Gary and Dong Jun was half way discussing about love and she walked in. “It’s not bad here” she look around the small but warm tent. “Ji Hyo-yah, this is the tent of your man” he even he know that Dong Jun and the camera is watching. She awkwardly laughed. “Oppa, what song are you playing?” trying to distract others from the ‘joke’ made, she asked Gary about the background music he was playing on his phone. She has been listening to his song list on his phone, but she never come across of this smooth and romantic song. “A theme song for you” he joked again, but he sounded as romantic as ever. Her heart beats faster, but she tries to control her expressions.

“Camera cut in 3,2,1”  all the camera off and the staffs all went to their respective tent, preparing to rest too. Ji Hyo did not know why she immediately becomes wide awake when everyone else already fall asleep. She is supposed to be the most tired ones. She crawl out of her sleeping bag and quietly sneaked outside for some fresh air.

To : Gary Oppa

 

Oppa, you slept? I didn’t get to spend any time ALONE with you today.

 

From : Ji Hyo

She texted him, sincerely hoping that he would see it. She walk with her hands in her pocket and penetrates through the chilly wind. “Ah, Chu-wo(cold)” she shiver as she walks further away from the camping area. Ji Hyo stand below the dark sky, as she stares at the stars, counting them one by one. “I miss you” as she was enjoying the scenery, a pair of hands wraps around her petite body. She smiled, knowing that it is the person she wished to appear. “I miss you too, Kang Gary” she smile wider and turn around, facing him. “I really do” she jumped in and hug him tightly. “You must be tired” he combed her hair while hugging her. “Let me look at you” he pushes her backwards and cup her face. “Do you need energy?” he said although she did not understand. He lean in to give his ‘energy’, to kiss her. “You’re the sweetest” she pinched and hug him again.

“Sometimes I realize when you’re near, the stars are always brighter” he randomly spoke a sentence as both of them are lying flatly on the grass, Ji Hyo lying on his chest. “Why are you so cheesy” she slaps his chest lightly. “Remember that I am a lyricist” he said in a boastful tone. She laughs in bewilderment. “Ji Hyo-yah, is Dong Jun better or Kang Gary?” curious Gary popped out a question again, even weirder this time. Ji Hyo immediately crawl up and lie flatly on his body, letting him support her whole weight. “Why are you so insecure at all times?” she sighed and inch closer to him. Gary placed both his hands behind his head to slightly adjust his head higher. “I don’t know. It felt like you being with me is too good to be true” he confessed.

 

Without a word, she kissed him. “What about this? Does it feels like a fake kiss?” she smiled. “Like I’ve said many times, you don’t have to compare yourself with anybody. Even the world’s best guy can’t beat Kang Gary in my heart” she look at him with honest guy. “My heart is yours, Kang Gary” she smiled again, and lean in for another kiss. He lighten up after hearing her words. This time, the kiss turns out to be longer than usual. They learnt to enjoy every little moment spent together. “I grow to love you more every single time, and I don’t think there’s a limit for it” Gary whisper in between their kisses.

 

 

**

 

Author’s Note: Another chapter up, and this chapter is mostly about the MAFIA episode in Running Man. Should be episode 192,193 and as usual, some were in the episode… some is created. ;P Do leave a comment on your opinion, and also our favourite line in this chapter? Hhehe. Thank you readers, that has been supporting me through all these times. I’ll update soon, till then, Anyeong!