Chapter 3 : Repentance

My Enemy, My Lover

To : Chang Joo Oppa

Do you think I'm a ball to throw around as you like?! Sorry, I need some time alone. Goodnight,Oppa.

From : Ji Hyo

Instead of feeling upset, she feel more anger inside of her. Some part of her has already given up on such a person. "Mol-lah( whatever )!" she screamed and cover her face with her pillow. She honestly still doesn't know that deep down in her heart, she sees Gary more important than Chang Joo already. No matter how much Chang Joo's problem bothers her, Gary's short and simple sentence can make her take a long hard look at it.

Probably because of guilt, Gary began to treat Ji Hyo better during the upcoming episodes of Running Man. He could feel that she is feeling extremely moody over something just by the look of it. Gary does not seems to bother how hurt he was before already. His love, pity and guilt for her makes him treat her different day by day. The more he does that, the more he gets confuse of himself. Sometimes they are really close but then on other days she is just like an acquaintance or a stranger to him. It feels like he has a hidden personality that still hates her even he is starting to treat her better. 

**

"Yah Gary Hyung, I didn't know you would be this daring in composing lyrics.." a talented composer, also a close friend of Gary read through his latest draft of lyrics prepared for his first solo album. "I want people to know the real me..." he replied him seriously then read his draft paper again. "I don't need one hundred other girls, I just need you. Woah Hyung, that girl must be lucky to have you think such way. Who is it?" Gary's friend said in envious after reading out loud the lyrics of the song 'Zotto Mola' composed by Gary. "You don't need to know.." Gary reply him with a laugh.

Gary's POV

The truth is, this whole album is related to Ji Hyo, not myself. I want everyone to know what I feel,I want her to listen to my song, I want Ji Hyo to know my feelings for her. Sadly, I want her...she that I can never reach.The love that is still hidden, will it be seen and appreciated in the future? 

"Ah Hyung, the lyric in 'Mr.Gae' , you stated that you're free everyday except for Mondays...It is because Monday you're with Ji Hyo-ssi..Mat-ji(right)?" he continuously ask questions to Gary again. "Yah..Shih-guh-ruh(noisy)..I'm asking you to help me check the mistake. Not ask me tons of questions.." he lightly hit his head and walk off. Gary usually let go of what he feels through composing songs. He basically write down everything and express it through music as he doesn't talk much even to his closest friends. "Hyung...what about 'Shower Later' ? How do you plan to do the music video..." his friend ask him after everything is almost done discussing. He pause for quite some time. " Let's do this. Pretty girls in my music video.." Gary smiled and they ended their discussion.

Gary's POV

What if I put girls in my music video? Will Ji Hyo be jealous about it? She will, right? I must've lost my mind, thinking about her in every situation...Kang Gary wake up!

**

"Oppa, who do you want to pair with?" Ji Hyo ask Gary through the phone conversation during the filming of Episode 177, Christmas special. They were asked to find a partner and proceed to a cafe at Kangnam, which make things more complicated because one of the Running Man won't be able to pair up. "You and I, until the end of our lives just assume that Monday is a couple.Even if you got married, we are a couple on Monday." he began to show the romantic side on him when the camera is rolling. "It is not the time to talk about these comments, where are you?" Ji Hyo laughed at his cheesy words as she is not a person who talks much or express his feelings like how Gary can just simply do.

Ji Hyo's POV

What Gary Oppa said...Is it truly from his heart ? or is it just like the other times, for the show purpose?Why do I feel my heart beating faster.

They promised to meet up at Kangnam train station, which made Gary remembered what happen during Christmas two years back when Ji Hyo ran into him and hugged him at the same place. She is still single that time and both of them can freely treat one another like real lovers. That place surely buried a lot of joyful yet sorrow memories. Ji Hyo, who is doing her hair around that area reach first, and without fail, she would definitely buy an Americano for herself, and also Kang Gary's favourite Caramel Macchiato together with two hot buns, in case he is feeling hungry. She stood there and waited for him for almost an hour. Ji Hyo tried to contact him with the phone given for filming but he did not reply. As Gary has always been a person who is punctual for everything, she became worried and text his real number with her own phone.

To : Gary Oppa

Oppa, are you betraying me? Or did something happened? I'm worried.

From : Ji Hyo

"What if she waits me for the whole day?" Gary worriedly ask Gill who is beside him. Both of them perfectly planned an abduction of Gary just to trick the Running Man members. If they successfully stand on the stage together during the end, it is a LeesSang's win. Whereas, if the Running Man members find out about the fake abduction and bring Gary up to the stage with them, the team wins. "Ah...Jesu-ssi(sister-in-law) doesn't seems like those kind of girl.." Gill calmly reply him while preparing himself for the filming. "Don't call her that ! " he shout-whisper towards Gill and glare at him. He is use to calling Ji Hyo sister in law as he always hears Gary nag about how much he likes her when he is drunk. "Yah...i'll text her. I don't feel good.." the easy man Kang Gary break the rules by contacting the her when the staffs is not looking. He type in fast speeds as the producer clearly stated that no other conversation are allowed in case they revealed the secret and the whole filming will be ended, or more likely scripted.

To : Mong Ji

Oppa has something else and I cannot pair up with you. Try calling Kwang Soo.

From : Gary

"What is he talking about?" Ji Hyo sigh and got confused of his message when the camera her own VJ was holding stop filming because it has been really long since she stood there waiting for him. Gary told Kwang Soo that he would pair up with him earlier and he hinted Ji Hyo to be partner with him through the message. "Kwang Soo, where are you?" Ji Hyo immediately dialed Kwang Soo's number, thinking that Gary has stood her up and paired up with someone else. "Noona! I'm alone outside the cafe! " Kwang Soo reply her with his pity voice, rather shock that Ji Hyo is not with Gary. "Wait for me...I will be your partner!" she immediately ran towards the location then. The rest of the member was shock when Gary did not walk in as a partner with Ji Hyo, then congratulate Kwang Soo for not being alone. Soon, they found out that Gary is kidnapped by someone and following the hint, the solve the mission one by one.

The filming ended late at night, with a LeesSang's win. Although everyone figured out both Gary and Gill was planning everything together, they were too strong and successfully stood on the stage together. "Cut !" the producer shout through the place and all camera stop filming. "Ahh Gary Hyung is always winning when it comes to Christmas.." Kwang Soo states his jealousy towards Gary as all began to pack their things. " You will never reach my level of luck..." Gary reply him with a laugh and . Kwang Soo reply him with an absurd laugh and sincerely congratulate him. Everyone went over to greet both Gary and Gill then pack up and went home. Ji Hyo, being the only girl has got more things to pack up and it took her longer time to settle everything while her manager rushed back to the company to return all the clothing and left her all alone. "Ji Hyo-yah...Mianhae..for betraying you earlier.." Gary speaks behind her while she is busily packing up her thing. He knew it was just for the show, and he has nothing to be sorry about but some part of him just felt guilty. Ji Hyo jump in shock and turn around to hear a voice, thinking that everyone went back already. "Ah Gary Oppa..I'm alright. You don't need to feel sorry about it too, I understand. Besides, I should be the one saying sorry to you..." her voice softens as she reach her last word. Her sentence reminds him how he was rejected in the past and he began to rage up. "I've told you. I am not hurt because of the past. I'll get going, anyeong(bye)..." he didn't want to say much and left with Gill who is waiting patiently outside. 

**

"Can't you just compromise just once?" Chang Joo daringly tell Ji Hyo his opinion while he visit her after weeks when Ji Hyo did not reply him and ignore him. "Compromise? Just once? Can you please try to remember how many times I've forgive you?" she felt so sick of his attitude and find what he says absolutely ridiculous. " I'm always busy and tensed up. You should be a good yeoja-chingu(girlfriend) and follow what I want to keep me happy..." he absurdly blurted out his inner feelings. "Ahh jinjja (really)? So you think that a girlfriend is suppose to just quietly follow the boyfriend? More like a slave..." Ji Hyo raise her voice up feeling deep unsatisfactory towards Chang Joo. " Yes you should! Am I still a man if I follow what my girlfriend says?" he said boosted to his ego. " I just began to think that we're not suppose to be together at all ! Why did I even put myself in this situation at the first place? Yah! Go away! We're done, seriously done this time...I'm sick of you! " Ji Hyo finally shows the extreme side of her by scolding him loudly, not bothering if her neighbour hears it. "How dare you shout at me? Fine. Arasso! Since you said it, then let it be. We're done. I can have many other girls too besides you.." he still could not lower down his self-esteem and agreed with her. He furiously walk out of her house, leaving the front door open to annoy her for the very last time. She did not cry, but quietly sleep in regret for what she did.

Ji Hyo's POV

So this is what regretful pain feels like. The person you thought you would love forever, might sometimes just left leaving scars. I took one wrong step...and if...only if I understand him better.


Next morning, Ji Hyo woke up with her sullen face. She did not bother to think about what happened last night. She felt more like a heavy stone in her heart has been released. Although Ji Hyo and Chang Joo has been together for a long time already, they did not seems like they're in a relationship at all through the years. Fighting all day and night, can be used to summarize what has actually happen between them. "That is what you get Song Ji Hyo! Pabo (idiot)!" she kept scolding herself and hitting her head. After releasing anger towards herself, she pick up her phone and scrolled through the new to distract herself from thinking and hitting herself again.

"Kang Gary solo album MR.GAE released"

The title caught her attention and she clicked in to view. There is link of the music video of his new songs pasted on the page and she naturally clicked in to watch in curiosity. "Wahh..Jjang-I-da(so cool).." she comment on the first music video 'Zotto Mola'. Gary can be seen rapping and singing in a huge cylindrical tube and water fills up every second. He ended his last sentence when the water level rises up until his head. The whole concept of the video is in black and white. The coolness of the video did not distract her from listening to the amazingly composed lyrics either. She felt like Gary was saying something through his lyrics, and confessing to a girl, she did not know who. Right after the first music video, Ji Hyo streamed in to the second song 'Shower Later'. Her jaw began to drop when the scenes came out. There were girls wearing shapely clothes around Gary, who is singing in the middle and also a few matured scenes throughout the music video. She was certainly dumbfounded of how far Gary went in this song. She did not doubt that it is a nice song but the music video was too much for her. "This is not the Gary Oppa I knew..." she sighed and stare and the ending thumbnail of the video, still in shock state. She did not feel right, and stop listening to his other songs.

[Phone rings]

"Oh Unnie, what is it?" Ji Hyo pick up the phone when the ring of the phone wakes her up just when she is zoning out from reality. "Remember the drama you went for the script practicing? The filming schedule will start soon, be prepared" her manager excitedly told her and express her joy while having the conversation. " Ah Unnie, you meant ' Emergency Man and Woman ' ...Okay, I know. See you soon.." Ji Hyo remembered the drama she accepted to act as the lead role upon her manager's reminder. It is a drama together with many actor and actress such as Choi Jin Hyuk, Lee Pil Mo, Choi Yeo Jin and Clara. She immediately took the offer when the director asked, thinking that it will take up all her free time from thinking too much and meeting with Chang Joo. Now that they've broken up, she positively take this chance to focus back on her career and determined to do well in this upcoming drama. 

**

"Gary Oppa! How can you do this to Ji Hyo Unnie!"

" Ji Hyo Unnie must be jealous.."

"I don't like this MV! "

"Kang Gary, you should feel sorry to Ji Hyo.."


Immediately after the MV ( Music video ) is released, most of the comments were about how much Gary should feel sorry towards Ji Hyo. Gary, a person with his very own personality does not seems to be bothered about the bad comments. He believe he did his best but he knew that the MV wasn't what he really wanted.

Gary's POV

Why is it that when I did something, I must feel sorry? What about her? While she is happily with another guy, what is so wrong about me shooting a MV with other girls? I hate you, Song Ji Hyo. I hate you for making me love you.

Few of Gary's song is then banned by certain broadcast station because of the content . "What do you feel when your song is banned?" an interviewer asked him when he is doing a magazine photo shoot. "I felt that in order to break these molds to move forward, that's what I needed to do. I uncensored myself as much as possible as I recorded the album " he honestly reply them and truly, he did not care how others will look at him, or say about him. He wants to show how he felt all this while and he daringly did, but no one knows, that all the feelings he wrote in every song, is his feelings towards Ji Hyo.

**

Author's Note : And once again, Chang Joo's personality is FANFICTION. He ain't that ego, maybe(?) I dont know him so...it is for story purpose. Anyways, how do you guys find this story so far? I will really feel glad if you guys can leave a comment? :D At least let me know your feelings too! Hehehee Anyway, do leave a comment if you have time.. :/  Oh by the way, if you realize the names in the message is different all times, you know, it's like...different names in different phone..So when Ji Hyo is texting, Gary would be Gary Oppa..get me? LOL