Chapter 17 : Thank you

My Enemy, My Lover
After Ji Hyo's return, she didn't had a chance to meet Gary. The song Bicycle was launched and she was surprised by how the album cover was designed showing two person cycling, wearing similar shirts as they were wearing during one of their favourite date at the Han River. It is as if the whole thing is for her only. She immediately bought it on iTunes the morning it was launch and plug in the headphone, enjoying the lyrics, now with beautiful melody.
To : Gary Oppa
The song is amazing, as always. Kang Gary never disappoints! :) Can't wait to see you soon oppa!
From : Ji Hyo
She can't help but texted him, even when she knows he will be sleeping after all the tiring work in the studio. Ji Hyo reach earlier to the running man filming. Rain, Krystal along with the cast in their new drama is invited as guest. Gary rushed to the filming location as soon as he jumped up from sleep.He was lucky Ji Hyo's text buzz him up on time.
 
"Gary Hyung, daebak song" Haha greet him immediately.
 
"As always, Jung In's voice and your rap is just too good" Kwang Soo comment on his song while playing it loudly on the scene.
 
"Don't make me embarrassed!" Gary's face got red while his eyes glance towards his favourite girl. Ji Hyo was smiling, didn't want to make him more shy. "Why do you have to feel embarrassed?! It's a good song!" Jong Kook rub his cheeks like a little brother.
The filming was all fun with guest like Rain and Krystal. All the Running Man except for Jae Suk were in a team. The final mission is where both teams(Guest & Running Man) had to perform based on a song. The whole running man member performed as GIRL groups. The guys wore wigs and everyone was a joke to Ji Hyo.
 
"Kang Gary you look really ugly!"
"Kwang Soo ya...what is this"
"Muscular lady muscular lady!(to Jong Kook)"
"Haha Oppa you look exactly like your mom!"
"HAHAHA Suk Jin oppa~" , she just could not take how hilarious they all look like. She kept squeezing Gary's arms laughing out loud even after the filming. All of them took almost a hundred selca(selfie) and then went back. Gary followed Ji Hyo back to her place.
**
"Sorry for the late face to face birthday wish, Happy Belated Birthday" he apologized. "It doesn't really matter to me...you prepared a surprise during my birthday even you're busy with schedules. Thank You Oppa" she replied such formal appreciation. "You must be really thankful that you thanked me so sincerely" he . "Kang Gary...I really miss you"she jumped into his arms. Guess she couldn't confine her feelings anymore, even her eyes was a little watery. "Aigo, I love it when you're too sticky towards me" he caress her back. "I miss you more than you do" he squeezed her and they bicker about who misses who more.
They had dinner, prepared by Gary "You'll be really free after this right? Since you've travel so much for the past week" Gary excitedly asked her as he planned a few to-do-list with her before flying to New York for performance. "I am quite...free...but I've got a new movie project in China. So, I might be flying there on the 13th?" she slurp her noodles in a mouthful. "You agreed to film a movie in China? You'll be flying there quite often then...isn't it?" he pull a face. "and i'll be going to New York after your China trip" he looked even sadder now. "We don't need to meet everyday to show how much we love each other don't we? Cheer up Oppa!" Ji Hyo pinch both sides of his face while pulling his cheeks left and right.
 
**
Without prior notice from their manager, their schedules was very hectic after that day. Ji Hyo went to China for the new movie filming and immediately flew back to Jeju for a special filming with Running Man China version. Gary too, flew to New York for an event's performance. He decided to stay for a short trip at New York since Ji Hyo was filming for a commercial film at Vietnam with Kim Woo Bin. "I have no reason to be back in Seoul too" he thought.
The moment he flew back, he took some rest due to jet lags. Both of them were a little exhausted and didn't have time for each other until the following filming of Running Man. Since Gary has just released his new singles, he went to places for performance. While Ji Hyo continue the Running Man fan meeting tour. It was a bit of a disappointment as Gary couldn't join them for the fan meeting. Ji Hyo did her solo performance by singing LeesSang's song as well, with the help of Jong Kook and Haha rapping Gary's part and wearing a Gary mask.
"How is that even me?" Gary laughed as he watched through the videos of their fan meeting in Hong Kong taken by some of the fans. Haha was twisting his flexible body and acting all crazy with Gary's mask on. He enjoyed it and watching it makes him misses Ji Hyo even more. His phone buzz at that moment, and it was from the Running Member's group chat.
 
Jong Kook said : Guys, another successful fan meeting today! How I wish Jae Sukie hyung and Gary are here with all of us! [12:02AM]
Haha said : Look who else is Gary besides Kookie hyung and I! [12:03AM]
*Haha sent an Image of Jihyo wearing the mask of Gary's face*
Kwang Soo : GaeJiHyo!! GaeJihyo!! ( Gary + Ji Hyo) [12:05AM]
Gary : Aigo, Uri pretty Ji hyo's face is covered by my ugly face. Haha! [12:05AM]
 
They continue their conversation up to late at night, but none of the replies are from Ji Hyo. It was pretty obvious she slept right after the event. "How cute.." he kept smiling why starring at the picture Haha sent him.
 
**
It was right before Running Man filming, and all of them are placed in different location. It was quite obvious that the theme is about music when all of them are required to play some instruments for the opening. Gary sat at one corner scrolling his phone, he couldn't wait any longer to meet his love later. He look a the 'GaeJiHyo' picture again. "It doesn't show anything even if I post this picture right?" he mumbled himself. Without thinking much, he posted that picture on the social networks with a short caption 'GaeJihyo'. He just can't stop loving that picture and had the urge to show everyone.
 
After the first part of filming, they had their lunch break. "Ji Hyo yah~~~" he was sticking onto her even when the guest were around. "Gary yah, did you post a picture of Ji Hyo in your SNS( Social Networking Service)?" Jae Suk poked him on the shoulder. "I did, why?" he said while munching a mouthful of kimbap and Ji Hyo who look at his direction. "What picture?!" she chocked. "I-geo(this)...People are even talking about this..Monday Couple's popularity sure is something" Jae Suk showed Ji Hyo.
 
"YAHHH. Why did you even post that?" she pushed Gary who was sitting opposite of her. "WAE? What's wrong with posting that picture?" he gave an innocent face. "People will start suspecting" she whispered and hit his head lightly. "Pabo yah...." she sighed. "Gwaen-chanha... we are really close 'family' in Running Man!" he explained himself.
 
**
 
Things went pretty steady even they're still busy with their schedules. Ji Hyo was a little bit free after their fan meeting ends, with Malaysia as their last stop. They had another Running Man filming with alien theme and Ji Hyo won unexpectedly with the help of Gary. One of the requirements after the filming was to wear her purple wig where she wore throughout the filming to act as alien until night and she kept her promise. She even took pictures as proofs that she wore it.
 
She had dinner with Gary and a few staffs that night. Gary offered to fetch her home after the dinner, and her manager was more than happy. "Oppa, I'm craving for some dessert!" Ji Hyo told him while buckling up her seat belt. He thought for a moment. " You know what..let me bring you to a place with the best dessert" he smiled. "Jinjja? Call(ok)!" she cheered.
 
It took awhile to reach the place Gary referred to earlier and she dozed off. "Ji Hyo, wass-eo(we're here)" he shut down the engine and she opened her eyes. With confusion, she look left and right. "Where is this?" she combe her messy hair with her fingers. The place looks more like a housing area rather than dessert shops. "Just come.." he ran over to her side and open the door. He held her tiny hands and drag her to the front gate of a house. "Whose house is this?" she panicked after seeing him knocking on a random front door. "Hee gun ah, you're here" a lady answered the door within a minute. Her look was gentle, a face of a good mother.
 
"Eomma(Mom)..." he hugged her. Ji Hyo gasped. "O-o-oh...Eomonim, annyeonghasseyo..." she bowed up to 90 degrees. "Ji Hyo, am I right? Glad to see you here with our Hee Gun..come in.." she invite both of them in. She glanced at Gary with a 'what-to-do' look and he kept laughing while covering his mouth. "I was surprised when Hee Gun called me earlier when he asked if I've cooked anything today. Luckily, I boiled some red bean soup and yakwa(honey pastry)..." Gary's mom speaks while scooping up two bowl of red bean soup at the kitchen. "I hope it matches your taste.." she placed them on the table where both of them are sitting. "Sorry to bother you at this hour eomonim. I didn't knew Kang Ga...I mean, Gary oppa will trouble you" she apologized. Gary could not stop laughing at how Ji Hyo tried to be formal and polite. "Don't worry. I'm more than happy to see the girl Hee Gun always mention about..you're even prettier now when I see you face to face" she praised Ji Hyo. "I told you she's pretty!" Gary replied proudly, and Ji Hyo just smiled really shyly. She picked up the teaspoon and drank one spoonful of the red bean soup. "It's really good.." she said sincerely after tasting one spoon. It wasn't like the usual ones sold outside, but has a taste of home. "Now you know why I called here best place to eat.." he smiled. They ate and talked about endless topics of how Gary was when he was younger. Ji Hyo kept laughing when his mom said there was countless incidents of how naughty he was when he was younger. Ji Hyo got comfortable eventually.
 
"I'll wash the dishes with you.." Ji Hyo stood up when Gary cleared the table. "Just sit and continue..I can do it by myself" he smiled and push her with his shoulder, holding a handful of bowls. "Just let him..." his mom told Ji Hyo while looking towards his direction. "I guess Gary Oppa 's cooking skill must be from you..he cooks really well too" she sat down and continue talking to Gary's mom. "I taught him since he was young.. he begged me to.." she laughed. "Is it? It's rare that kids, especially little boy are interested in cooking.." Ji Hyo replied in admiration. "He doesn't love it. He just wish to cook for the people he love. I remember when he said to me ; I'll make eomma and my future wife smile like how apaa(dad) and I smile every time we eat your food" she smiled, reminiscing those moments. Ji Hyo smiled along upon hearing that. "I guess you are the one he meant when he was younger.." she held Ji Hyo's hand out of the blue. "Trust me, I've seen Hee Gun at his worst and best times... and both are because of you. I remember him coming to me two years back crying to me like a little boy. He did not say a single word but I forced him to, it was because he had to give up on the person he love the most, you."
 
#Flashback#
 
"Eomma, I don't think I can handle this pain..It hurts, so bad.." Gary hug her mom, sobbing and speaking. "Son...we do face this kind of problem in life. The people you love may not love you in return...or maybe..she just did not realize yet.." her heart was as pain to see his son crying in such a way. "I really love her...I really do love Ji Hyo.."
 
#End Of Flashback#
 
"...And I've also seen him calling me from Australia cheering in joy when, the joy that is uncontrollable when the person he's been waiting for finally accepts him, you. I was curious, what made you so special in his eyes. I guess I finally understand why now.." she smiled and held Ji Hyo's hand even tighter. Ji Hyo's eyes went teary. "I know my son isn't someone special... but I'm happy that you appreciate him as much as he does.." he pat her hand. "Don't worry eomonim, I will never give up on him no matter what. Thank you for raising Gary Oppa, the man of my life" Ji Hyo wiped her eyes. " I believe family don't always need blood relations..I would love to hear you calling me eomma instead the next time you meet me"
 
Gary sent Ji Hyo back to the front of her doorstep as the night is getting really late. "Oppa..gumawo.." she hug him before he leaves. "Sometimes I forget to tell you how much I really do appreciate you for being an important part of my life. Thank you, for just being her Kang Gary. I love you"
 
**
Author's note : WOHOOO, it's been REALLY REALLY long. Like REALLY long right? I guess I can only write during my semester break now. And yeap, highlights of this chapter. That GAEJIHYO picture, if any of you didn't see that before, check it out at Gary's instagram @gaegun :) It's his first Ji Hyo's picture on insta.