Chapter 14 : Her man

My Enemy, My Lover

        "Oppa, why do you look more interested to the 'lolol' compared to me?" Ji Hyo throws tantrum when they ended their filming of episode 196. This episode which they all re-enact all the previous episodes taken from the past. Ji Hyo wasn't so happy when Gary gets all excited when he see those pretty girls which follows Ji Hyo, acting as her duplicator in the superpower battle scene, they call it lolol. "Wae..are you jealous?" he grinned grabbing a chair and sat opposite of her. "Of course I am! Your eyes were all over the young girls, and you even held their hands for so long..." she expressed her unhappiness towards his attitude. "I was always like that towards girls on the show right?" he got flustered for a second. "You even let go of my hands when I held it earlier..." she brought up the incident when they were running away together from Jong Kook and he slightly avoided holding her hand.

      "Yah,pabo. You want our relationship to be that obvious?" he knock her head with littlest energy. "Okay arasso..." Gary then by grabbing her face, wanting to kiss her when they are still sitting at the filming location with all the Running Man crew. "Yah yah, don't need to be that obvious. I'm getting envious that Byul is not here" Haha ran over from another end just to tease them. Ji Hyo immediately pushes Gary's hand away, trying not to get so much attention from the other people. "Arasso, I'm sorry. Stop being a jealous baby" he again and again for being sensitive. "I have the rights to be jealous! You're my man" Ji Hyo declare that he belongs to her only. He grinned. 

**

    "Why are you so jealous? You asked me not to be a jealous baby previously" Ji Hyo hugged Gary from the back while he angrily walk into his room. "Your lips did touch his right?" he pouted, referring to their filming earlier when Park Seo Joon and her had to play the radish game. Both of them are required to bite the radish each on one side and make it as short as possible. As they were both actor and actress, they went for it aggressively and it's true that their lips did touch. Gary couldn't bear watching it and his expression shows. He was sulking the whole time, even the producers were shocked as they didn't know the fact that Monday Couple is already real. "I didn't know he'll move towards me that fast and that near. I backed off quickly too" she jumped facing Gary, trying to cheer him up. "Yah...it's without feelings right?" he is still pouting, honestly asking her what he is afraid of. "Pabo.. of course! I was working hard for the mission" she cling onto him.

    "Don't be angry, saranghae saranghae saranghae" she hug him tight and remind him again, she loves him. "I can't bear to watch the episode..I forgive you, but I'm still jealous!" he reply her hug willingly. Gary is an easy man when it comes to Ji Hyo. "Yah Kang Gary, but won't you be too obvious earlier? I think PD-nims will definitely find out about us soon" she broke the hug. "Ji Hyo yah, should we go more open by now? It's not that we'll announce now, but just showing little hints by hints that we're together secretly. We can see what other people react by then right?" Gary suggested. "You sure this is a good idea?" she did not accept his suggestion. "Trust me, just act normal. We shouldn't hide our feelings too. Just do as you want, except for directly letting others know we're together" he convinced her and then proudly smiled, acting like a macho man. "We're going Indonesia for Asian Dream Cup next week right? Just take this trip as a honeymoon!" he laughed

**

        "Make sure you have everything with you, then, we'll board the plane" the staffs rush here and there, making sure that all thing is in order. Of course, the two lovebirds couldn't be separated in the plane. "I'm really worried about the match. I'm not that good in football no matter how much I practice" Gary showed the weak side of him, as he normally looks like he's capable of all things. "Gwaen-chan-ah, just do your best. Winning isn't important. You're still the manliest in this little heart"Ji Hyo said pointing to her heart. "Hwaiting Oppa, I will support you from the side" she gave him a peck on the cheeks as fast as lightning. 

        The Running Man crew did not have any extra time as their schedule for Asian Dream Cup is packed. They immediately joined the press conference upon reaching Indonesia. Ji Hyo was doing what Gary told her, to do what she likes. She stayed close to Gary even when walking up to the stage, following behind him. They were separated afterwards when one of the football player, Jong Tae Se, which once they called him as Gary's look-alike, stood in between of them. Ji Hyo had no choice but to stick to Kwang Soo. "Noona, don't use me as your cover to hide your relationship! Give me some real attention too" Kwang Soo was joking and teasing her continuously, behaving like his usual self. "Yah! This kid, really.." Ji Hyo kicked him and grabbed his hair tight. "Why do you need attention from me?" she scold him leaving the rest of the Running Man members laughing in the rest room. "Her attention is always for me. Don't be jealous, Kwang Soo yah" Gary sat on the couch smiling to himself. 

        During the warm up session, all the guys were working on their own thing around the field. Ji Hyo was asked to joined the session even only the man in Running Man are needed for the football game later. She was a little lost, seeing everyone so serious in their warm up. Ji Hyo would walk towards Jong Kook and follow every action he does for warming up since he is best at it, and then slowly move towards Gary to hide the obvious. At one moment during the warm up session, Gary squatted down and stop for a moment, without hesitation, she walk towards him. "Oppa, what's wrong?" she bends down and look him in the eyes, not bothering the crowd. "I have an upset stomach, since I'm nervous" he pouted a little. "Just settle it in the toilet, and stop being that nervous. Trust me, you can do it" she was smiling at how adorable he is. "You know..you're really cute when you're nervous" she said and walked off. Gary was grinning from ear to ear upon hearing what Ji Hyo said. They anxiety and upset stomach immediately disappear. "I guess there's no need for toilet right now.." he stood up, continuing his warm up. 

        The game start after sometime, and indeed, Indonesian's football team was quite a good opponent. Ji Hyo noticed all of her Oppas face changed as the game starts. Kwang Soo was the first to play, while the rest sat at the bench with their own worried face. "Gary-ssi, please prepare yourself" one of the crew ran towards and cued him. "I'm dead..." he sighed and stood up, doing some stretching before going in to the field. Ji Hyo stood up and helped him in his stretching too, leaving the crowd roar for Monday Couple. He ran in the field with speed, and he was placed as a right-winger. During the beginning, he did not disappoint the team. His improvement was huge compared to the previous game he played. He was dribbling the ball, rather good in avoiding opponent team. Ji Hyo was already proud of him. He made her even more proud when he almost lead the team into a goal, marking a highlight in the game. He came back about 20 minutes after, drenched with sweat, but still glad that his part ends. "Gary-yahjal-han-da(you're good)!" Jae Suk and the rest praised him for doing so well. Ji Hyo was smiling widely, patting his back. She passed him a towel and sat beside him, helping him to massage. "I'm so proud of you" she whispered soft enough for him to hear. Gary replied with a faint smile as he is too exhausted at that moment. 

        The game ended, with the Indonesia team winning it. It was a great game overall and they did not bother about the results. All the players from both country were bidding farewell after the game and definitely, all guys would gather around Ji Hyo to just get a chance to talk to her. Some were taking photos, some were trying to catch her attention. Gary wasn't focusing even when some famous football players were talking to him. He only had his eyes on Ji Hyo, smiling towards to other guys. He waited for her when everyone else went in and she saw him too. Immediately leaving the other, she walk towards him and both moved to the van to go back to the hotel.

        "A hug for you...for doing so well today" Ji Hyo jumped into his arms as he open his room door. He kicked the door shut, not letting his hands off her. "I really did up to your expectations?" he asked her. "What expectations? Everything you do is the best for me! But really, you played like a professional football player today. For a person which didn't had much experience, you're considered very good! like, really good!" Ji Hyo kept emphasizing how good he was while doing a double thumbs up. " Even if you really played badly, you're always the best" she hugged him even tighter. "Thank you for always being my strength" he kissed her forehead. "Even without me, you will still be the manliest man today" she smiled, still feeling really proud of him. "Manliest only for today?" he joked. "The man of my life" she smiled and move in for a kiss as a reward.