Chapter 11 : Relationship

My Enemy, My Lover

"Ji Hyo-yah, why not you come over and sleep? Then we'll go to the Sudden Attack event together" Gary speak through the phone and asked if she could come over to his house. They are having an event for the video game they endorse tomorrow. "Of course Oppa! I'll be at your place by evening, after my schedule" she was glad he asked her that. "Jinjja?! See you soon! "His cheerful voice made her laughed. "Ne Oppa, saranghae" she hung up the phone. 

"SARANGHAE?!" Jin Hyuk who is working together with her at that time accidentally witnessed her confessing to someone. He is always active behind the scenes, especially when it comes to her noona. "Yah! Jo-Yeong-he( be quiet).." she lifted her hands, acting like she is about to hit him. He flinched. "Noona, I know my instinct is right! How can a pretty woman like you not have a boyfriend. You're in a relationship right?" he and move an inch away every word he says. "Mwoh?! Can't I say I love my mum? Why must love be used only on boyfriend?" she jokingly replied him that it was her mother on the phone. He gave her that unsure stare. “You called your mum ‘oppa’? he and ran away from her sight.

They filmed the scene where they are supposed to, and the schedule ended ahead of the time. “YAH! Don’t go around saying what you’ve heard arasso?” she walk over to Jin Hyuk’s side and whispered. “Don’t worry noona, I will only play around when I’m with you…” he smiled, along with a trustable look. She knew that he is a trustworthy friend.

**

“Ji Hyo-yah, you’re early” Gary welcomed her in to his house with a warm hug, while his leg kicks the door shut. “Bogo-ship-da(I miss you)” she hug him even tighter. The hug broke when Ji Hyo ran towards the dining table, where Gary bought various snacks. Gary look at her from head to toe, admiring almost everything about her. She wore a simple T-shirt that matches perfectly with her skinny jeans. Her hair is neat and tied up, but he can still smell her shampoo. Just then, another verse of the lyrics he was working on came out on his mind. He smiled while starring at her.

“Your hair is tied back so I can see your forehead,

It bounces every time your walk,

At the end of your pants that wraps around your smooth legs are light sneakers”

 

He automatically got the idea for the lyrics just by looking at her. Ji Hyo was jumping in joy because the amount of food. He look at her smiling, and walk towards her. “It’s a party every time you’re around” he laughed and pull out a chair for her to be seated. “It’s all your favourite dishes” he smiled again, showing how happy he is just by looking at her. They finished their dinner and went to the park below for a short stroll. The park is quiet at night, and it is the right opportunity for them to date like normal couple does.

 

They interlock their fingers and talk just about anything that comes out of their mind. The short stroll turned out to be quite long and it is almost midnight. Ji Hyo immediately took a shower upon reaching his apartment. She saw Gary sitting on his work table, writing something on a piece of paper and he looks serious. She figured out that he is working out on his lyrics. “You don’t usually look this serious” she walked over and placed her hand on his shoulders. “Because I’m writing about you” he immediately flips the paper so she could not see what her wrote. “I’ll keep this a secret. Just wait until it published” he grin at her and find her extremely cute when she is curious. “Aish , so secretive even when I’m your girlfriend?” she pouted as he pulls her to sit on his lap, then wraps his hand around her waist. “Because, it is supposed to be a surprise…” he moves his hands upwards to pinch her cheeks. “Alright..” he stood up, and directly carry her in a bridal way. “You should sleep and I’ll bath” he gently placed her on the bed. “Oppa, you know I can walk right?” she laughed. “I know, but relationships are supposed to this sweet right?” he smirk and move nearer to kiss her forehead. “Just sleep already” he took his towel and disappeared into the bathroom. When he is done with everything, Ji Hyo is already deep in sleep. Without noticing as it has been a habit for him, he took off his clothes to sleep ly.

 

**

“Kang Gary! It’s time to wake up. Wear your clothes!” Ji Hyo screamed as she woke up to see her boyfriend beside her. This is definitely the first time she experience such thing. She wrap the blanket over him and rolled him just so that the blanket covers every part of him. “It’s my habit, can’t help it..” he rolled towards the opposite direction and free himself from his blanket. “YAH!” Ji Hyo quickly shuts her eyes and run towards the door as Gary threw the blanket away, revealing his bare body. He smiled, watching her runs outside clumsily.

 

“Ka-ja(Let’s go)” he start the car engine, preparing to leave to their event venue. Gary was serious all the way through, as if he is nervous for the event. “Oppa, what are you thinking about?” she questioned her curiously. He moved one of his hands from the steering wheel and grip her hand on the lap. “Ji Hyo..” he sounded serious. “I hope you won’t mind if I treat you coldly when we’re facing the public later” he voiced out his opinion. “I understand. We’ve promised to keep our relationship low right?” she stared at his side view, but his face still seems serious. “I wonder when I can announce it to the whole world about it” his face turned into disappointment. “Oppa, you know there’s a lot to consider about right?” she tried to cheer him up. “I’m not sad, just impatient” he put on a smile. “Forget about announcing it or not, just as long as you love me” he smile even broader. “Of course I love you, Kang Gary” she too smiled.

 

As he warned her, Gary didn’t have much interaction with her when people are around. Both went on the stage with distance and hand out the prizes for the video game’s winner. Even backstage, they tried not to act too obvious. They talked about work, and mostly Running Man so people around would not find them too close or too far apart. Right after the event, they did not even have time to say goodbye as Ji Hyo’s manager immediately picked her up for her next schedule. Gary watched her walked away, sighing.

 

The week was quiet after, as Ji Hyo continues her drama filming almost every day till dawn. She was exhausted for not having enough sleep. The only thing that comes out in her mind is only to find a time to sleep. Whenever she has a small break, she will immediately find a spot to take a short nap. That goes same to all the other actors and actresses, especially the main ones.

 

*phone vibrates*

 

“Neh Oppa” her tired voice can be heard. “Where have you been this week? You’ve never reply my text and calls after that day” he sighed. “I was too tired Oppa. I just can’t move a muscle every time after my filming” she replied as if she really wish to hang up quickly, just to continue her sleep. “You should at least let me know. You don’t even have a minute to talk to me?” his intonation sounded angry. “Trust me Oppa, I am seriously worn out right now. I can fall sick just anytime and all I need is to rest” she begged him not to have little couple fight at this moment. “Is it that tired? Not even a minute to spend with me?” Gary was the kind of guy that is over protective in a relationship, even when he looks easy going on the outside. “Oppa, can you not be so sensitive at this time?” she restlessly replies him. “You call caring as sensitive? I was just concern about you” his tone went even louder. “Arasso...I’m sorry, but I’m fine. Just too busy with works and undergoing sleepless night almost every day. Can you PLEASE, let me nap now?” she said in sarcasm. “Fine, do what you want” he hung up the phone. While Ji Hyo, on the other side is too tired to entertain his childish behaviour. She grumbled and threw her phone one side. “Even on my hectic days, you are not concern!” she scolded him by looking at the phone.

 

Gary felt sorry right after he hung up the phone. He always take actions before thinking about the consequences. He tried to call her, but she did not pick up. Just then, Ji Hyo’s drama played before him on the TV. It was mainly about the couple in the hospital emergency unit. Gary was admiring her acting skills, but at times he just could not take it when she is doing romantic scenes with Jin Hyuk in the drama. He remembered her telling him about her life as an actress, she should be professional enough and acting is just an act. She always reminds him not to be jealous as her heart is fully for him. “How can I not be jealous?” he threw the pillow to the screen when a back hug scene is playing. “You lucky guy!” he talked to himself, complaining how lucky Jin Hyuk is.

 

**

“Are guys always like that? I always thought girls are more sensitive” Ji Hyo complained to Jin Hyuk but not letting him know who exactly is in a relationship with her. She tried asking opinion from a guy’s point of view. “Well, noona..your boyfriend is really sensitive. You should just break up with him!” he added oil into the flame. “WHAT?!” she was shocked by his answer.

 

**

Author’s Note : YES YES I KNOW IT HAS BEEN REALLY LONG! I know…seriously. But im only human Forgive me readers, I am seriously BUSY. To those that are actually waiting, I beg for your forgiveness. I did tried my best tp update already. SINCERELY