2

Savior of my Heart

Yunho

“Do you need anything else?” I asked while Jaejoong slipped underneath the sheets and cuddled himself into the blankets.

“No, thanks, you..-“ he started but didn’t end it.

“I, what?” I asked watching him curious.

“Nothing.” he said silently. I turned off the lights and approached the couch and sat down on the floor next to the couch.

“Jaejoong?” I whispered. For a moment he didn’t answer.

“Hm?” he then mumbled.

“What happened today out on that street?” I asked. He remained silent.

“It’s okay…I know I’m a stranger and that’s none of my business.” I kind of mumbled to myself. It was silent for a while.

“Yunho?” I suddenly heard him say. His voice was pure and clear and not as weak and shaky as before.

“Yes?”

“I guess I…forgot to thank you…so…thank you….”

I smiled to myself and played that wonderful voice in my head again and again…

 

Jaejoong

When I woke up, I immediately felt comfortable and happy. I hadn’t felt like that in a long time. I carefully sat up and looked around. I shocked when I saw that Yunho was soundly sleeping on the ground. He must’ve fallen asleep when we were talking. I had to smile because he was looking so funny. But once again, the feeling of uncertainty and suspicion returned. I silently got up and left the living room. I put on my shoes and then I recognized that I was still wearing Yunho’s clothes. I sighed. But then I pushed away my doubts and opened the front-door, but suddenly there was a hand next to mine that made the door shut again. I shocked and turned around. Yunho was standing there, still looking tired as hell, rubbing his eyes.

“You’re leaving without saying goodbye?” he asked. I hushed. His sleepy face turned serious.

“Do you really wanna go back to that man, to that terrible place?” he then asked.

“I don’t have a choice.” I said.

“Of course you have! Jaejoong, I don’t want you to go back there, I would die of worries!”

I was confused. Why would he care? Why would he worry?”

“I have nowhere else to go!” I said.

“Then stay here. Please~”

“I can’t…do that. You’ve done enough for me! I can’t even give you anything back for what you did…” I said and tried to open the door once more, but he stopped me again.

“Jaejoong. I can find a job for you! I can give you a life, I can give you a home…” he said.

“Please give it a try!”

Before I could answer, he plucked my t-shirt, took my hand and said:

“Let’s eat breakfast!”

I immediately pulled away my hand but followed him into the kitchen.

“Take a seat. Coffee?”

“Uh, yes, please.” I answered while sitting down on one of the kitchen chairs. After a while, I felt uncomfortable to just be sitting there and watching him prepare the breakfast on his own, so I got up from my chair and started to help him.

“You don’t have to do that! You’re my guest.”

“I’d fell uncomfortable and guilty if I’d just sit there and watch you work.”

So, I started to help him. He music and hummed along. I caught myself glaring at him when he slightly started to dance to the music while setting the table. I smiled to myself for a moment, but then stopped, because I didn’t want him to notice it. When we were done, we sat down and ate breakfast. It was totally delicious.

“Jaejoong…there’s something I’m curious about.”

I inwardly froze but kept eating.

“That road where I found you and the man that was so cruel to you…I mean…we both know what kind of ‘road’ that was but…I wondered whether…are you a e or not?”

“I’m not…” I immediately answered. “I was in hock to that man, to that pander, so he wanted me to pay these debts as a e, that’s what we were arguing about when I stumbled in front of your car.”

We hushed for a moment.

“So, you never…you know…’sold’ your body?!”

“No, never.” I said silently and felt a weird feeling in my chest. I wouldn’t have borne it if he was thinking I was such a person. But although I’m not a e the rest of my ‘image’ that he already knew wasn’t quite good, either.

“Why did you have debts?”

“Could you please…stop asking these questions?”

“But I’m curious about you and your life and why you were in that quarter!”

We once again remained silent for a moment.

“It’s none of you business.”

“But-“

“I said no!” I said and put my plate aside. My hunger was gone.

“I saved you! I have the right to know why it was necessary!” he almost shouted.

 

Yunho

I immediately regretted what I said when I saw the expression on his face. Then, he abruptly got up and approached the door.

“Then don’t be my savior, anymore.” I heard him mumble. I hastily followed him and grabbed his arm.

“Wait!”

“Don’t touch me!” he said and suddenly the weak and shaky voice was back.

“You shouldn’t have saved me” he added and it made my heart ache. My grip became softer.

“Don’t say that…I’m sorry…I was too curious. After all, I’m still a stranger. I understand why you don’t want to talk about it.”

“Don’t you think I’ll be a burden to you if I stay here?” he then said and he looked he was totally meaning it.

“Of course not!”

Still I was wondering why he had saved me and why he was being so nice to me. I couldn’t force myself to leave. It just felt so good to have someone around you, who really seems to care about you, although I found it quite absurd that a complete stranger might care about me at all…