10

Savior of my Heart

 Yunho

“Once again, the mailbox…” I mumbled when I hung up the phone.

“As if, we’re going to see each other again! He’s avoiding me!” I thought. I sighed and entered my house. It wasn’t the same without Jaejoong. It was empty and boring and I couldn’t take it. No matter how many friends I invited over, I was still kind of lonely. And the more I thought about it, the more I was sure that Jaejoong was the only that could satisfy that longing, but I felt hopeless. Desperate and hopeless. To me, it seemed like Jaejoong had run out of my life and that there was nothing I could do to change that. It felt horrible how the time just seemed to pass by and I was still at the same spot…without Jaejoong. Every time I called him, he didn’t pick up his phone. And every time I messaged him, he answered in short words, blocking me. Was it really that terrible to him?!

 

Jaejoong

Sometimes, I accidentally made a breakfast for two. I couldn’t deny that I was missing him, but still I managed to keep down our contact. I rarely answered his messages and when I did, I answered shortly. Every time he wanted to meet up I avoided it. He didn’t even know where I was living now. I hadn’t told him, but I didn’t want him to suddenly stand in front of my door without premonition, but I guess I was wrong…

On that day, when I had just gotten ready for work and was about leave I opened the door and there he stood with his usual smile.

“Good morning.~”

I was perplexed.

“W-What are you doing here?” I stuttered.

“Well, I’ve got a surprise for you! You and I are going to have some holidays~! Go and pack some stuff, by the way, we’re going to need your passport. Do you still have the one I let them make for you?”

“What? Yunho, you’re talking nonsense! I can’t just skip work and go on a holiday trip, are you crazy? I’m going to lose my job!” I guess I sounded quite chaotic.

“Chill out! I talked to your boss he agreed to give you some free days since you would’ve get them anyway, anywhen.”

“W-What?” I asked totally confused and unable to think properly. He smiled at me and then just entered my flat.

“Go pack your stuff!”

“Would you at least tell me where we’re going?”

“We’re going to visit the wonderful white beaches of Thailand! And we’re going to travel by plane! What do you think?”

Thailand?” I asked. I couldn’t really hide my excitement. I had never been to a beach. Actually, I had never been on a holiday trip at all…

 

Yunho

We arrived at the airport and although Jaejoong tried his best to hide how excited he was I could see the joy and anticipation in his eyes and it was making me even happier than him. I had booked a two-seat-row for us. I wanted to overcome that distance that had appeared between us. I knew that he purposely didn’t give me his address but I couldn’t just let this slip. I didn’t want to lose him in any way.

Jaejoong sat down on the window-seat and I was totally okay with that. I had traveled by plane for so often, today, I wanted him to just be happy and forget about all the problems he had had or still had. He was almost continuously staring out of the window being overwhelmed by all the new things. After a while we started to share music through our earphones and we were joking as ever. For a moment, I felt like everything would be the same again. And out of that feeling of happiness, I did something without thinking it out beforehand…

 

Jaejoong

We were laughing and Yunho playfully bumped my shoulder. While he was doing this, his hand slid to mine. I almost got a heart-attack when he suddenly interlaced our fingers and held my hand. I couldn’t move because of the shock. Yunho had closed his eyes, listening to the music. His lips were forming a decent smile. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know whether I should pull away my hand or just enjoy this moment although I knew I might regret it later. I was too shocked to do anything, but when his warmth started to confer to me I started to relax. I leaned back my head and rested it on the head-rest and closed my eyes. Suddenly Yunho carefully started to caress and my hand, without changing the positions of our hands. Every touch felt electrifying, the he interlaced our fingers more tight again. I had goosebumps all over. We were only holding hands, but still it had such an intense effect on me and my body. With a lot of hesitation and trembling fingers I started to caress his hand now, too. I was afraid that he might stop me every moment, but he didn’t but I couldn’t throw away my fear and suspicion. Although there were so many people around us, this moment felt so intimate, as if there had been only Yunho and me in this world…

As soon as we were out of the plane, Yunho acted as if nothing had happened, but I wasn’t able to.