3

Savior of my Heart

Yunho

Two weeks passed and although the awkwardness was still there, we kind of got more and more used to eachother. I had found a job for Jaejoong, so we were both leaving in the early morning and coming back at noon. I had tried to persuade him to share my bed, because it was quite big and the couch wasn’t that comfortable, but he constantly rejected my offer. Every morning he came into my room to get clothes and sometimes he arrived earlier than me and then cooked for me. But although these things made me happy, I couldn’t get rid of the feeling that he’s only doing it because he thinks he has to pay me back. And that made me really sad…

 

Jaejoong

One day, I was cooking for us, because I had arrived earlier than him. I placed the food on the table in front of the couch, because he had told me he wanted to watch that new series that day. When I heard the front-door open, I called:

“Dinner’s ready! Come and eat! The series is starting, now.”

I sat down and the TV. Yunho entered the living room with tired and heavy steps and that’s also exactly what his face looked like: tired.

He let himself fall down on the couch next to me and let his head slide down on my shoulders to lean on them. I was so confused and surprised by that action that I immediately backed off awkwardly.

“What’s the problem?” he asked and came closer again.

“Stop it. Eat!” I said and tried to ignore his gaze. We hushed for the rest of the meal.

 

Yunho

I felt rejected. Although it was such a small action, I was so affected by it. Sometimes he seemed so mean. I knew he probably didn’t mean it, but I couldn’t help being sulky.

“I’m not hungry, I’ll take a shower.” I said and went into the bathroom. When I turned around in the end, he wasn’t looking after me he was looking at the TV. He didn’t seem to care at all…

After the shower I went back into the living room. Jaejoong was reading a book. I sat down at the opposite corner of the couch, leaned back my head into the towel that was around my neck and closed my eyes. I was so tired but I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep.

“You should dry your hair!” Jaejoong suddenly said. His wonderful voice filled my ears.

“Why?”

“You’ll catch a cold if you don’t do it.”

“I’m too tired to do anything right now.” I mumbled. I heard him move. When I opened my eyes, he wasn’t on the couch anymore. Suddenly the towel around my neck was gone and then it was lying on my head, when Jaejoong carefully started to dry my hair with it. I was surprised but enjoyed that action.

“You don’t need to be that careful.” I said.

“I don’t want to hurt you.” He answered in such a soft tone. I turned around to face him. He looked embarrassed and then let go of the towel. He cleared his throat, sat down back on the couch and continued reading.

“I guess it’s now dry enough.” he mumbled. I was still staring at him. This was the first time he ever showed a sign to care about me…

 

Jaejoong

On the next day, during dinner, the handy that Yunho had bought me, was constantly ringing, but I didn’t answer the phone even once.

“Why aren’t you answering?” Yunho asked.

“Uhm, I…” I started but didn’t continue.

“Who is it?”

“A colleague.”

“Is it a girl or a boy?”

I hesitated.

“It’s a girl.”

“Really? Then why aren’t you taking the call?”

“She likes me in another way than I like her…”

“Okay…is there someone else you like?”

“I don’t think so.” I answered. “W-What about you?” I added stuttering. I could’ve killed myself for that.

“Are you in a relationship?” I asked. He smiled to himself.

“No….but I wouldn’t have the time for that anyway…”

“Do you say that because you made such an experience or are you just imagining?” I asked. I always kept my eyes on my food. I was too embarrassed to talk with him about these things.

“You’re quite clever…” he said and sighed. “You’re right. I really made that experience and I don’t want to make it ever again…”

I didn’t answer and we continued eating, but my appetite was gone and I had once again that weird feeling in my chest that I couldn’t describe…

 

Yunho

I woke up in the middle of the night, because I had heard someone whimper. When I lay back down I heard mumbles, so I finally got up and followed the noises into the living room. They were coming from Jaejoong. He seemed to whimper and sleep fitful.

“No…let me go…” he mumbled. When it turned worse, I got really worried. I kneeled down next to him and his shoulder.

“Jaejoong~”

“No….No….NOOO!!!” he almost cried and suddenly woke up, breathing heavily.

“Hey~ Calm down.” I whispered.

“Did you have a nightmare?” I asked.

“Yes…” he answered still panting. He sounded so exhausted. Wordlessly, I took his hand and pulled him to my bedroom. I lay down and lifted my sheets.

“Come.”

He seemed to hesitate, but then lay down next to me. I huddled against him carefully and put my arms around him.

“Don’t worry. I’m here.” I whispered and slowly fell asleep again. Lying in bed was way more comfortable when you’re not alone…