4

Savior of my Heart

Jaejoong

When I woke up and saw Yunho sleeping right in front of me, I heard my heartbeat starting to race. No matter what I did, I couldn’t calm down my heart. I turned around, but Yunho’s face appeared in my head again and again. It was driving me crazy. After a while, I got up, took my handy and called the girl that had called me the whole time.

“Give it a try!” I thought, while silently leaving the room. I was glad it was Saturday, because I didn’t have to work on Saturdays. I left a message on a paper for Yunho and then left.

 

Yunho

When I woke up, Jaejoong wasn’t in my bed anymore. I rubbed my eyes then slowly got up. When I left my room, I called for Jaejoong, but I got no answer. I looked around the house for him, but didn’t find him. When I entered the kitchen, I found a message on the table.

“I’m meeting someone. Don’t know when I’ll be back, yet.”

I was surprised and confused. He rarely went out and I was wondering who he’d be meeting and why on a Saturday morning, when other people would still be lying in bed for hours.

 

Jaejoong

It was 9 p.m. when I came back. My date with Ally, my colleague, didn’t take that long, but I wasn’t ready to go back to Yunho, yet. When I opened the front-door with my key, I heard voices and laughter. When I entered the living room, there were about 8 people, some girls, some boys, and Yunho. He got up when he saw me.

“You’re back!”

“Uh, yes…”

“Those are some friends, I invited them over. Come and join us, we’ve still got food and wine!”

“No, thanks, I already ate and I’m tired. Uhm, can I go sleep in your bedroom? Just wake me up, when you come.”

“Of course…are you okay? Who did you meet?”

“I’ll tell you tomorrow, I’m just tired.” I answered and left for the bedroom. I took of my shoes and lay down on Yunho’s bed. Although I could still hear the voices and laughter, I fell asleep quite fast.

 

Yunho

When my guests were gone, I sneaked into the bedroom and wanted to lie down silently. I didn’t want to wake him up, but he woke up, though. He mumbled something and then got up.

“Just stay…” I said.

“No, thanks…” he mumbled and left. He seemed to be different from before.

 

On the next morning, when I entered the living room, Jaejoong was still sleeping. He seemed to be really tired? Was his date that exhausting? I wondered.  I didn’t want to wake him up on his other free day, since he had already gotten up early yesterday, so I silently went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast. After a while, Jaejoong entered the kitchen, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

“Morning~” I said with a bright smile.

“Morning…” he mumbled and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs. He was looking at the breakfast kind of perplexed, it almost made me burst out laughing.

“Yunho…you should’ve woken me up! I should’ve done this!” he finally said.

“Why should I? I was awake earlier than you!”

“Yeah, but you’ve done enough, I should be doing these things, because I don’t know any other way to…-“

“Don’t com e up with that again! You don’t have to pay me back or something. Everytime you try to, makes me feel horrible.”

Jaejoong hushed. I sat down on the opposite of him and started eating. He joined me. After a while, I asked:

“What about we go out and have some fun today? Since it’s one of our free days!”

“Sorry, I’m not in the mood for going out, but I wouldn’t mind you going out.”

I was kind of disappointed.

“Ah! By the way, who did you meet yesterday?”

“Do you remember the girl that had called me? My colleague?”

“Yes.”

“We went on a date.” he said and I saw him slightly blushing at the word ‘date’.

“Really? Didn’t you say you don’t like her as much as she likes you?”

“I guess I was just a little bit afraid and timid, because…well…that was my first date. I didn’t have any experiences, yet, that’s why I didn’t know how to react.”

“Okay…how was the date?”

“Great. We had a lot of fun and she looked s-stunning!” he said. I smiled at the stuttering.

“She’s not here, so you don’t have to stutter!” I said and laughed. He remained silent and we continued eating. Our awkwardness turned worse again…