1

Savior of my Heart

Yunho

“Damn it!” I cursed while driving through streets that were completely like strangers to me. I had to take a bypass on my way home and had once again lost my way. I was driving through a quarter that seemed a little bit dubious to me. It seemed to be darker in that quarter than at other places. I rarely saw adults, there were most of all kids out on the streets, but they weren’t playing. I was wondering why they didn’t and what else they would be doing outside. When I came to a long road, I immediately noticed what kind of ‘road’ that was. There were over-dolled es on the sidewalk, waving affectionately at the car-drivers. Surprisingly, there also seemed to be some boys standing there, being a male e. Well, not ‘surprisingly’, we all know that there are gay and es in this world, so I wasn’t really surprised…

 

Jaejoong

The loud sound of his slap on my face was echoing in the little garage while he was pushing me outside to the sidewalk, making me stumble and fall.

“I’m sick of your excuses! You will pay your debts! And you’ll do it now, got it?” he shouted and pulled me up by my collar. I bit my lip, keeping a poker-face. It made him even angrier, so he hit me again, with such strength that I stumbled on the street. I was distracted from my pain when I noticed a pair of bright floodlights coming very close. I shut my eyes, cowering on the ground, hoping the car would bring me somewhere else. But life didn’t seem to want to release me, yet. I heard the brakes of the car creak and suddenly the physical pain hit me hard again. I still sat there, shutting my eyes, not moving, when I heard the car-door open. I heard footsteps hastily approaching me.

“Hey, you! Are you okay?” a melodic and soft voice asked. I didn’t answer.

“Get lost!” I heard the other man that had slapped me shouting.

“What? He might be hurt we have to take him to the hospital!”

“Go away! This is none of your business!” my pander said and I felt his hand grabbing my collar, but one second later, the hand was already gone and I heard a loud sound of hitting. I twitched. Did he hit the car-driver? I asked myself. Then I felt hands again. They were softly resting on my back. The melodic voice was now closer, when I heard it.

“Are you okay?”

I was shocked. I thought the slap was… I hesitatingly opened my eyes and looked at the man carefully hoping that it was really him. He looked at me worried. I looked aside just to see the other man lying on the ground unconsciously. I was surprised. The driver had knocked him out?! Really? My pander wasn’t a weak one! I looked at my savior, slightly scared. He suddenly took one of my arms and put it around his neck. Then he lifted my body.

“What are you doing?” the words suddenly came out of my mouth, but my voice sounded weak and shaky. I looked at the man’s face while he was putting g me onto the front seat. He wasn’t looking worried anymore. Now, his face was completely serious.

“I’ll take you out of here!” he said and shut the door. I didn’t know whether I should be overwhelmed and happy or scared and suspicious. I sat there staring out of the window. The others seemed to be agitated about what had happened. They were all whispering and staring at the car. The man opened the door of the other front seat and got in the car. I felt his gaze on me.

“You have to fasten your seatbelt!” his soft voice said. It took me a moment to react, but he was faster than me. He leaned over but I was so shocked, that I twitched hard and backed off.

“I-I can do that myself!” I said stuttering and fastened my seatbelt. I looked away and for a few moments I felt his eyes on me but then he started the motor and drove away. I was looking out of the window when we were leaving the quarter where I had spent half of my life and suddenly I asked myself:

‘Where are we driving, actually?’

I became nervous and looked at my feet, when the car suddenly stopped. I looked up. The houses around us looked like the total opposite of the quarter I came from. I heard the car-door shut and suddenly the man opened my door. I looked at him a little nervous.

“Where are we?” I asked.

 

Yunho

The fear in his eyes made my heart ache.

“We’re at my home. I couldn’t think of another place to bring you to.” I answered.

“But, I…” he started.

“Please stay at least ONE night. If you still want to leave tomorrow, I’ll let you go!” I said. The boy hesitatingly unfastened his seatbelt and got out of the car. I shut the car-door and we walked up the stairs to the entry door. I opened it and we got in. I saw the ‘wow’ in his face and it made me feel happy on one hand, but also sad on the other hand, because he never seemed to have had a real ‘home’ so far. I eyeballed his dirty clothes and then said:

“Wait a second!”

I went into my bedroom and brought him some clean and comfy clothes. When I came back, I pointed to the bathroom and said:

“You can take a shower or bath, meanwhile I’ll prepare the couch for you!”

“Th-Thank you!” he said and looked at me completely honest. I smiled at him brightly when he left for the bathroom. While preparing the couch for him I noticed that I didn’t even know his name, yet. When I was done, I prepared some food in the kitchen, because I thought he might be hungry. It felt good to take care of him…

 

Jaejoong

The shower was like heaven to me. The comfortable hot water pouring down on me, relaxing all my muscles, almost making me fall asleep. When I was done, I left the bathroom. And when I entered the living room, the table was filled with food and the couch was prepared with thick and soft blankets. I felt so thankful, but I didn’t know how to express it. And I still didn’t know what that man’s background was. No one had ever done anything for me, without a hidden agenda. The strange savior was sitting on the couch and looked up when he noticed me and smiled. He took one of the blankets, covered his knees with it and lifted it as a sign for me to join him. I hesitated but then slipped underneath the blanket but left some space between us.

“Hungry?” he asked. I nodded and then we started eating. For a while we were silently eating, it felt awkward, until he finally broke the silence.

“By the way, what’s your name?” he asked.

“Jaejoong.” I said. I saw him smile in the corner of my eyes.

“It sounds smooth…”

“W-What’s your name?” I then asked.

“Yunho!” he said and laughed. ”It doesn’t sound as elegant as your name.”

Yunho….so that was the name of the guy that had saved my life, without seeming to have a hidden agenda. What kind of human is he?! That’s what I asked myself again and again during this night…