Chapter 23

Unknown Number

    A year already passed. Before, you seldom fight. I guess you know what i'm trying to imply... Now, fights are not foreign in your relationship. He's always in a bad mood. Shouting at you and dropping your phone calls. Not picking you up or visiting you. You can count the times he's visiting you using your 10 fingers. You wonder what's wrong... Then you just found out he's mingling like a single in his workplace. Is he tired of you? But there's no official break up. You can forgive him if he say sorry. But as days pass... Everything just get worst. The feeling is getting heavy. And here... You are still waiting for him to call you or something. And you hate the fact that you're the first one to send him message. But every time you ask him out or to come to your place... His reply is nothing but, "Hey, i'm sorry... I'm kinda busy arranging things for mom's restaurant." You drop yourself on the couch and let out a sigh. It's okay before... You only do sweet things for each other. He's very nice to you that you can't say that he can do such things. He said you're his first love. But he's betraying you. Stabbing you from behind. And to mention... He doesn't even know that you actually found out his things behind the scenes. All you wait is for him to apologize and confess the truth. But seems like that'll never happen. Your phone rang and you read the caller's id and you let out a sigh.
"Yes, Park Chanyeol?" You're full of his lies. And you want to over this, right now.
"Baby, i'm sorry for not being able to visit you..." He said.
"Why are you calling?" You asked coldly.
"I just miss you..." Those words triggered you tears. You take a deep breath and Chanyeol sighed.
"You're mad... Right?" Your heart clenched and you sighed.
"Ani..." You simply replied.
"I have free time today. I should go and visit you--"
"Don't." You said.
"What? Don't... Don't you like to see me?" He asked and your tears rolled down. 
"Baekhyun Oppa is coming over... So yeah..." You said.
"Ya... You invited him again." 
"Chanyeol. It's not like i'm MINGLING with him." You said.
"Why do you keep calling me with my first name?" 
"Why? It's your name Park Chanyeol." You said. 
"What's your problem??" He asked half shouting and you smirked.
"What's my problem?? WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM PARK CHANYEOL!" You shouted and you end the phone call. Actually, Baekhyun is not coming over at all. He's been very busy these past few days. He start helping his brother to raise their own business. You're not with him in work either. He only comes there when he has free time. You turn off your phone to avoid his text messages and you place it on the coffee table and you sighed, wipe your tears away and gather all your strength. You don't feel going to work. You hug your legs and rest your forehead on your knees and you sighed. 

---

    Chanyeol, on the other hand who's practicing for his performance later didn't received any text from you. You never been like that. Well. He admit that he changed. But he ended it because he loves you. But yet, he cheated. He placed his guitar down and he stood up.
"Hi, eomma." He greeted and his mother smiled.
"Chanyeol, i haven't seen Minhyun... Is she busy?" Chanyeol's mother asked and Chanyeol shrugged. 
"Araseo. Get ready now." She said and Chanyeol head upstairs. 
    He head to his work place, after some 2 sets. Some customers came and he quickly spotted Baekhyun. He frowned. He tried to look for you but you're not there. As he finished the 3rd set and have a small break. 
"Oh! Chanyeol!" Baekhyun said with a smile. Yes their some kind of friends now.
"Where's minhyun?" 
"Oh... I don't know... I'm trying to call her to invite her. But i can't contact her." Baekhyun said.
"But she said you're coming over to her place?" 
"Mm? She didn't invite me... And she's not with us earlier to work." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol nod.
"Is that so..." 
"Is there a problem between the two of you?" 
"Nothing." Chanyeol replied and he head back to the stage after drinking water. 
    Chanyeol packed his things and he grab his phone and call you. It finally rang but you're not answering him. He kept on calling you until you answered him.
"Meet me at the park." You said and you end it before he could speak. Chanyeol head there and spot you sitting on the swing. Swinging back and forth. Chanyeol smiled as he walk towards. But that only triggered your tears. 
"Min--" You stood up and he saw the tears rolling down on your cheeks. 
"H-hey--"
"Don't pretend you don't know anything... Chanyeol, you can't hide anything from me... Since when are you cheating?" You asked calmly, speaking fast because of your anger.
"Minhyun... What are you talking about?" He asked. You smirked and you slap him hard across his face. 
"Chanyeol. I played dumb. I PLAYED FCKING DUMB!!" You shouted. 
"Minhyun--"
"Stop! I'm not stupid to not know about this Chanyeol. You fcking hurt me. I trusted you." You said and you slap him again. 
"Minhyun let me explain! Please!" He kneeled down in front of you and he wrap his arms around your waist. 
"Baby, please." He pleaded and rest his head on your tummy.
"Let me go Chanyeol... Let me go." You said and you cover your mouth with the back of your hand to stop yourself from sobbing. 
"Minhyun... Please let me explain this! Please! We don't see each other okay?" 
"Yeah? That's why you're here in front of me again! That's why you're fcking decided to visit me! That's why you're sweet again! That's why you fcking call me earlier!" You shouted and push him with all your strength. He stumbled on the ground and you wipe your tears.
"Let's end this..." You said and he look up at you and he quickly stand up. 
"No... No!" He said and he pull you for a hug.
"Baby, don't! Don't do this..." 
"Yes Chanyeol. We're over." You said and remove his arms around you.
"No, you can't do this! Please!" 
"I don't care if you don't go out with her... You still want to hide it. You want me to look dumb while you're enjoying playing games with her." You said and you start to walk. Leaving him there. All alone.

---

   The next day... You felt everything was lift up from your shoulder. Yes everything did hurt. But you feel light today. The doorbell rang and you lazily walk towards the door and you open it. You sighed and Baekhyun placed his hand on your shoulder and push you inside. 
"What happened? Why did you told him that i'm coming over here yesterday?" Baekhyun asked. You slap his arm away and you made your way to the kitchen. 
"I know there's a problem, Minnie!" He said. The nickname he used sting your heart and you look at him.
"Isn't that cute? Should i call you that?" He asked and you place the mug on the counter loudly. He jump slightly and he looked at you.
"Never ever call me that." You said.
"Okay! Okay!" He said and you took a sip of your coffee. 
"Really, what happened?" He asked and you sighed.
"He's been cold these past few days, then i knew that he's been cheating on me." You said and you look at him and manage to smile. 
"Is that enough explanation?" You asked and you sip on your coffee.
"There's a new movie, we should go and check it out." You said and you head to your bedroom and grab your phone and made your way back to the kitchen. 
"Oh... I forgot. Your girl won't be mad. Right?" 
"I don't have a girl. For your information." He said and make himself a cup of Coffee. 
"What are you saying baek. You said you're dating someone." 
"Yes we do date. But she suddenly shut me out." He said and he sat down on the stool and sip on his coffee.
"Your broke up looks like nothing to you. Huh?" 
"Whatever." You said and you let out a sigh. It hurts of course. Specially, when you knew he's cheating. You lost too much confidence after knowing that. 
"Maybe she's just confused. You know. Girls are always like that." You said and he shook his head.
"Does phone number changing included?" He asked and you look at him.
"Molla! Maybe it's because you're some kind of annoying jerk." You said and he flick your forehead. 
"Mworago??" He asked half shouting and you smirk. 
"Please..." Baekhyun suddenly softened.
"Minhyun-ah..." 
"What?" 
"Stop pretending you're happy... It's hurting me, you know." He said and he pat your head. 
"I just don't want to talk about it... Baek, i just want to forget about it." You said and he sighed. 
"Then go find a date!" He said and you shook your head.
"To what? To forget about Chanyeol and hurt the other one because i just used him?" You asked and he chuckled.
"Wow... My min is getting nicer and nicer, huh?" 
"Shut up." 
"Okay. Let's just see the movie after lunch." He said and you nod your head. 
    Indeed, Baekhyun is really a bestfriend to you. He always help you up when you're down. He's always there to comfort you and to make you laugh even the situation is really worst. 
He never fail to make you happy. With his simple joke you'll laugh. With his bright attitude, you always feel problem free. You hurt him before but he kept you as his best friend. He stood by your side no matter what. 

---

   After watching the movie in the cinema, you both decided to have a coffee. You both head to the coffee shop you always go in your free time.
"Ah! I forgot the paper bag!" Baekhyun cried and you clicked you tongue.
"Just order for me. Wait me here." He said and he quickly run back to the cinema. You sighed and start to order and smile at the waiter. You played with your phone when someone occupied the table beside you. You looked at them and you found Chanyeol with the same girl. You smirked and you shook your head and divert your attention back to your phone. But you can't help but to look at them. You felt your heart being stab a million times. Chanyeol caught your eyes and stood up, was about to walk to you when Baekhyun arrived. He catch his breath and he quickly sat down on the chair in front of you.
"Ah! That was tiring!" 
"Stupid. Why did you... Aish." You said and Baekhyun looked at the table next to yours and he sighed. 
"Should we go somewhere else?" Baekhyun asked and you shook your head.
"What for? I already ordered." You said and Baekhyun looked at the girl and diverted his eyes away but look at the girl again. 
"Jiyeon?" Baekhyun blurted and you look at him.
"What??" 
"B-baek." The girl stammered and he smirked.
"Is this why you're avoiding me??" Baekhyun asked and you frowned.
"Baek... What?" You asked and he sighed.
"Is she..." You asked but Baekhyun stood up and pull you with him. 
"What the fck Baekhyun??" 
"She's the one i'm dating! Before..." He said and you sighed.
"What a coincidence is this." You said and Baekhyun sighed. 
"Aigoo." Baekhyun sighed and he hand you the paper bag and head back to the coffee shop. You quickly follow him and he stood up in front of them.
"Ya... Hwang Jiyeon. Did you know that this guy has a girlfriend??" 
"Yeah! And she broke up with him last night!" She said and you grab Baekhyun's wrist. 
"Tss... You still like me, don't you?? This is why you're being like this--" Your slap shut and you look at her. 
"Most of all... I don't want anyone to talk like that towards my best friend. Second... You're such a , not just in manners... But can be notice by your physical appearance." You said and slap her hard again. 
"Oh... You're Han Minhyun... Right?" She said and you roll your eyes.
"Jiyeon! You know what we're here for!" Chanyeol said and he attempt to grab hold your hand but you moved away and you look at him. 
"Minhyun let me--" you slap Chanyeol and your tears rolled down.
"Don't talk. I don't want to hear any of your excuses." You said and you grab Baekhyun's wrist and you walk away without a word. 

---

   You both reached a restaurant and end up eating early dinner. You sighed and you sip on your iced tea and you rest your hand on your lap. Baekhyun can say what you feel by just looking at you. You stood up and you excuse yourself and head to the ladies' room and you cried yourself out. You stare at your reflection in the mirror and you wipe your tears. You stayed there for awhile. Not wanting him to notice your red nose and eyes. 
   You both just wander around the mall without even talking to each others. He stopped and you look at him. And he suddenly pull you for a hug. You shut your eyes and you hug him back and your tears rolled down.
"It's always okay to let it out infront of me..." Baekhyun said. 
"It's okay..." He said and he caress your back. 
   You both reached your place and you sat down on the couch and he turn on the TV. He sat down on the floor and rest his head on your thigh.
"I should stay here. So you won't drink." He said and you sighed.
"You don't have to--"
"I have to! I don't want you to end up again like before!" He said and you hit his head lightly.
"Araseo..." You replied. Hours passed and you both decided to sleep. You let him sleep beside you as you cry yourself to sleep. He hug you tightly and caress your back to make you feel okay. 
"Shh..." 
"It's going to be okay..." He said. 
    You both fell asleep. When Chanyeol entered your passcode and enter inside. He look for you and open the door to your bedroom slightly only to find you and Baekhyun hugging each other. It hurt him indeed. He sighed and he quickly leave. The next day was not easy for him. He always blame his self. He doesn't want to eat or to go out of his room. Kyungsoo kept on calling him to invite him to hangout but Chanyeol kept saying he doesn't feel well... Well, that's true. He doesn't feel well at all. All he can do is to stare at your picture and remind his self of those happy memories together. 
"Minhyun..." He whispered.