Longing

Sharapova's Grunt

“Coach!!” Jessica ran up to her instructor and gave him a big hug when he walked into the arriving gate at the airport.

“Look who is up and running around already!” He reciprocated the hug and looked at Jessica, “This disguise is really good this time. I almost didn’t recognize you.”

“I had to step it up a bit because of a friendship I have with a star here.”

“Your Korean culture is strange.”

“Americans get hyped up about their stars too. It happens everywhere.”

The two headed to the car that was waiting for them, “What did the therapist say about your ankle?”

“We can return to normal but I need to wrap before and ice after.”

“Good because we need you back in the tournament circuit or you lose your current ranking.”

“That won’t happen because I have an amazing coach.” Jessica smiled knowing she could fully return to her activities. All the time she had off from practice made her want to play with even more enthusiasm.

 

----------------------------

 

Taeyeon walked around the empty apartment, “Was there always this much empty space?” Taeyeon slowly made her way to the couch and looked at the empty space next to her, “I wouldn’t be so bored if Jessica were here.” She sighed in defeat although Jessica only moved out yesterday.

Her phone started to ring, “Hello?”

“Taeyeon you have a change in schedule. We are sending you to the USA for a photoshoot in a few weeks.”

Taeyeon shot up off the couch in excitement, “Where are we going?”

“New York City.”

Taeyeon thought of where Jessica was going to be and it wasn’t the right state. Maybe she can get an extension on her trip to go see Jessica, “What is my schedule like after that?”

“A week later you will be promoting in Korea for your Global Tour.” Taeyeon face palmed herself for forgetting her really busy upcoming schedule.

“I will be coming back to the New York right for the tour?”

“Yes we have the concert venue there in a little more than a month’s time.”

Taeyeon gave a heavy sigh, “So I will be flying back and forth between Korea and the USA for a while.”

“It seems that way.” Taeyeon hung up the phone from her manager thinking about how she might not have time to see Jessica. Why did both of their schedules have to be so busy this time of year?

Taeyeon’s phone rang again and her eyes lit up when she saw it was from Jessica, “Sica!”

“Hello love.”

“Did your coach arrive safely?”

“Ah yea...about that.”

Taeyeon could hear the hesitance in Jessica’s voice, “Did something happen?”

“You see there is an extra tournament that my coach wants me to participate in while I am in the USA since there are several going on within a month’s time.”

Taeyeon felt disappointed, “You won’t be back in Korea for a long time right.”

“It looks that way. I will be going to Washington DC as you know soon but there is one in Ohio right after that we should have me play in, but if I do that, it makes no sense to come to Korea when I have that tournament at the end of that month in New York.”

“I understand. I have my Global Tour starting a few weeks after you go to the USA anyways. I think we will both be busy.”

“I knew you would be. Your schedule is easier to find online.”

Taeyeon blushed, “Are you stalking me now?”

“Once a fan, always a fan. But now it sounds like stalking since I am your girlfriend.”

“I don’t mind. You don’t seem too crazy.”

Jessica just laughed at Taeyeon, “Oh looks like my coach came back. I have to get back to practice. I will talk to you later.”

“Wait!”

“Yes?”

“Can I have dinner with you before you go to the US?”

“We can make something work...umm we are going to have to discuss this later. I have to go.”

Taeyeon put her phone down with a heavy heart. “I wish she had more activities in Korea like me...”

 

---------------------

 

It was a day before Jessica had to board her flight to Washington DC but Taeyeon found time to have dinner with Jessica at Jessica’s apartment.

“So this is where you live.”

“Not as big as your apartment.”

“I like your place better. Mine feels so big especially when you are not there.”

Jessica felt saddened that their situations caused them not to be able to live together. “Are you hungry? I think I made too much.”

Taeyeon smiled when she saw the spread of dishes, “Looks like you are feeding a family of four.” Taeyeon turned away, “Not that I wouldn’t mind a family with you,” saying soft enough Jessica couldn’t hear.

During the meal, the two forgot about their worries and the fact that they were going to be separated for a long time, but instead just enjoyed each other’s company. They spent their time getting to know one another better with stories from their past and childhood. Jessica found Taeyeon’s childhood to be filled with stories of her getting into trouble while Taeyeon found out Jessica had something more prestigious and controlled.

“Do you want the leftovers? I mean I won’t be home and it would be a waste...”

“If it is your cooking, I will make sure to not to have it go to waste.” Taeyeon went next to Jessica and watched her pack the rest of the food into containers.

Jessica turned and gave Taeyeon a peck on her cheek, “Why don’t you go into the living room while I finish this up for you.”

Taeyeon nodded and went to the living room area where she looked at all the shiny trophies that filled the place, “Have you always been this successful? You have more awards than me.”

“Probably. I started off earlier than you.” Jessica walked into the living room and came behind Taeyeon to hug her. “But you are much more popular than me. Your fans are your precious trophies.”

Taeyeon smiled leaning back into Jessica’s embrace, “You are the greatest treasure I received so far.”

“You sure know how to swoon a woman.”

Taeyeon turned around and kissed Jessica with the tenderness and longing of what she felt for Jessica, “only you get the pleasure of seeing this side of me.” Taeyeon put her arms around Jessica’s waist, “I wish I could see you off at the airport tomorrow.”

“It is the thought that counts,” Jessica pulled Taeyeon tighter into the hug, “we just have to bear the distance over the summer.”

Taeyeon backed out of the hug, “what do you mean only summer?”

Jessica connected her lips with Taeyeon’s for a second, “hunny there are next to no tournaments for me to attend from December till March. I will be in Korea during that time.”

Taeyeon smiled with a very large grin, “you should have told me that earlier. I wouldn’t have been so sad that you were leaving for only a month when I get to have you for like 4 straight months.”

“Oh so you are not sad that I am leaving now?”

Taeyeon gave Jessica a forceful and passionate kiss, “I still am. We shouldn’t waste any time for me to not forget this beautiful body.”

“Now you only want me for my body?”

Taeyeon gently hit Jessica’s arm, “not what I meant.” Jessica was just laughing at the flustered Taeyeon.

“Come on, I will miss you too.” They made their way to the bedroom for one last time before they needed to part. Even if Taeyeon couldn’t say goodbye to Jessica at the airport, she would just have to tell her the morning before the flight.

 

----------------------------

 

It was a long flight and Jessica was very exhausted when she arrived at her hotel. Jessica rolled around her bed trying to sleep but for some reason she was feeling restless. After a while, she sat up and looked for her computer, “I wonder if this place has wifi...” It took a while before Jessica finally got the wifi set up on her computer, “I wonder what is going on in Korea while I was gone...” meaning Jessica went to the entertainment section of the Korean newspaper to find stuff on Taeyeon. Always having a one-track mind.

“Oh look there is a rumor alert with a famous celebrity. I wonder who it is.” Jessica clicked on the link and the picture was loading with the headline reading “Taeyeon caught on romantic outing with (famous actor)”. Jessica looked at her computer in disbelief, “Taeyeon wouldn’t cheat on me right?” 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

So...I was going to have them apart for this chapter but if you saw, I have 200 subscribers and 30 upvotes! Therefore I did a taengsic fluff special instead. Thank you for all that made this possible!!