Together Forever

Sharapova's Grunt

“So do you regret it?”

Jessica looked over to her wife, “No. Marrying Taeyeon was the best choice I ever made.”

“Not that. What happened a year ago at Wimbledon.”

Jessica smiled, “Never. I will never regret that day.”

 

~1 Year Ago~

 

Taeyeon looked at her lover in awe. Never has she seen the girl so beautiful in her life as she feasts her eyes upon the girl in this state. The suspense was unbearable so she clutched her dress tightly but in an instant it was over. The crowd went wild and Taeyeon stood up with the masses to clap for the girl’s victory. “That’s my girl!” Taeyeon cheered loudly.

With her VIP pass, Taeyeon skipped happily to the player locker room. The door flew open and a hand dragged the girl in. Lips were on hers as Taeyeon’s hands started roaming that y and sweaty body. The two pulled away, “God Sica you are so hot when I see you working so hard.”

Jessica smiled and placed a peck on Taeyeon’s lips, “I could say the same to you babe. Sometimes you dance very provocatively and I must say it turns me on.”

Taeyeon giggled, “Looks like I have a new move to try in the bedroom.”

“Oh? Do I get a private show now?”

Taeyeon pulled Jessica closer to whisper in her ear, “I have been giving you an all access pass since we met.”

Jessica laughed while she nestled her head in the crook of Taeyeon’s neck, “I am so happy right now.”

“Congratulations on the win.”

“That isn’t the only thing making me happy right now.”

Taeyeon gave her signature grin as she squeezed the girl in her arms, “I am so glad that you are mine.”

Jessica pushed Taeyeon away and gave the girl a quick peck on the lips, “I think I made you a bit gross with my sweat. Come on, we can shower and then get dressed before heading out.”

“Oh some y time before celebration?”

Jessica slapped Taeyeon’s shoulder, “We don’t have that much time.”

“We have plans tonight?”

“I have plans tonight.”

Taeyeon gave Jessica a pout, “I flew far to see you but I don’t get to see you?”

“I know you just stared at my and s for the past 4 hours. Why are you complaining?”

“I just want my baby back baby back...” Taeyeon started singing.

Jessica started undressing, “You are such a dork. I am going to take a shower.”

Taeyeon smiled, “That shower must be cold. I think you need some body warmth!”

Jessica laughed, “Come on dork, we need to go out soon.”

---------------------

Jessica looked at her phone for the time before opening the hotel room. She sighed when she saw a sleeping girl on the coach with the TV still on. Slowly she made her way to the body on the couch, “Tae...wake up. Let’s go to the bed room.”

Taeyeon opened her eyes to see the outline of her lover covered in the light of the TV, “Time?”

“12:30. Sorry the interviews and meeting went late.”

Taeyeon slowly got up, “I don’t mind. I made you wait plenty of times before.”

Jessica stood up and put out her hands to pull Taeyeon up, but Taeyeon had other plans. Taeyeon forcefully tugged Jessica’s hands to make the girl collapse on her, “Yah!”

Taeyeon held the girl close and rubbed her hand on the back of Jessica’s head, “I missed you.”

The tiredness that Jessica felt before vanished as she relaxed in Taeyeon’s arms, “I won’t be leaving you any longer.”

Taeyeon hummed as her eyes closed again. The two ended up drifting off to sleep in each other’s arms on the couch. Somehow the couch felt extremely comfortable but it might have been due to the arms of her lover holding her tightly.

---------------------

The ball went right and then left and then right and then left...Taeyeon was getting bored watching the ball do the same thing for hours now. “Jessica lets take a break for now.” Taeyeon stood up immediately when she heard Jessica’s coach say those magical words.

Jessica took her water and walked up to Taeyeon, “This must be boring for you. I told you to go sight see or something until I am finished.”

“But the reporters are scary outside and I want to go with you together. It is no fun alone.”

Jessica took her towel and wiped her sweat off before sitting next to Taeyeon, “You know those reporters will be much worse if we go out together right?”

“But I can ignore them better if you are around.”

“When do you think the buzz about us will end? I am tired of the reporters and your crazy fans.”

Taeyeon leaned back on her chair, “Who knows. We might have to wait until an even bigger scandal erupts before that happens. But don’t think about that! Tomorrow is more important than my obsessed fans....well some are your obsessed fans too.”

“I guess you are right...but I am not worried about tomorrow.”

“You are saying you made it to the finals and are going to play Kv...kv..atawa?”

“It is Kvitova.”

“Yea her tomorrow but that doesn’t make you nervous?”

“Nope,” Jessica turned to face Taeyeon, “I have you in the crowd and you make everything feel comfortable and perfect. I will never be nervous if you are around.”

Taeyeon smiled, “I might be a little special to you huh?”

Jessica pinched Taeyeon’s nose before standing up, “Just a little.”

“Jessica Jung I love you!”

Jessica picked up her racquet and started laughing before returning to her practice.

---------------------

Sweat streamed down Jessica’s face. It was very hot this time a year and the hard court was not helping by reflecting the burning sun. She wiped her brow as she looked up to a cute dimpled smile in the crowd. She knew this was it. It was match point and her chest was tightening from anticipation but her muscles relaxed when the face of her lover came into view.

Jessica went to the baseline and crouched down into her ready-position, “Don’t think about it. It is just another point.” The ball flashed in front of her as she pulled her racquet back to have it connect with the ball. She watched it skip over the net but her body was still tensed when she saw the girl ready to hit the ball at her again. The ball skipped over the net again and Jessica reached her racquet to connect but she swung at air. Jessica heard the crowd go wild over the player that just won the title.

Jessica stood up and sighed. She walked to the net and shook hands with the player, “Good game. Congrats on the win.”

“There will always be next time Jung.” Jessica smiled because she knew there will not be a “next time.”

The reporters swarmed Kvitova first because she just won the title as the Women’s Singles winner in Wimbledon. Jessica waited patiently as she was handed her trophy. As she waited the few seconds before reporters came to her, Jessica scanned the crowd again to see Taeyeon. That is right, the win didn’t matter because she had her. It was Taeyeon that made this loss bearable.

“So Jessica Jung, how are you feeling right now? You had a close match but you didn’t pull it out this time.”

“All we can do is give it our all. Today she was in better form and I acknowledge that with the win she received.”

“In the future, what do you think you could do to beat her? I heard she will be participating in several tournaments that you are rumored to join this year.”

Jessica looked directly into the camera and smiled, “Actually. Those are just rumors. I am here today to say this is my last tournament. As of today I am retiring from tennis so I can marry my fiancé and live a quiet life for a while.”

The crowd went silent when they heard those words leave Jessica’s mouth. One person in the crowd was particularly stunned. At the prime of her career, Jessica Jung decided to retire...that didn’t make sense.

 

Taeyeon came into the locker room full of fury, “Jessica Jung what the H*LL was that? Retirement!? Over my dead body!”

Jessica sat on the bench watching her fiancé throw her little temper tantrum, “Tae...I know it might be sudden but I have been planning this for a while now.”

“But I won’t let you!! I can’t have you throw this away. Definitely not for me!”

Jessica reached up and pulled Taeyeon into a hug, “It is for us. Us. I just want us. Please let me do this.”

Taeyeon pushed her away, “No. I can’t let this happen. You always have my interests in heart and I have yours too. I know you love this sport and your career.”

Jessica gently caressed the side of Taeyeon’s face, “But I have a love much greater than my career. Also I am not throwing tennis away. I have a coaching job in Seoul at one of the universities.”

Taeyeon finally calmed down, “But you like the competitions and stuff. I know how you are out on that court.”

Jessica leaned in to kiss Taeyeon tenderly, “All that matters is that I am with you. No more traveling and long practices. Just me with you. I love that more than these tournaments. Trust me. I need this break more than you can imagine.”

Taeyeon looked into Jessica’s eyes, “I do trust you but I don’t want you to regret this decision.”

Jessica leaned in and gave Taeyeon a long kiss while pulling to hold her closer, “Mmm no. I will never regret this decision. Not if I can do that whenever I want.”

Taeyeon smiled, “If I give you permission to do that whenever you want, I want the same treatment.”

Jessica grinned and held her Taeyeon close, “Deal.”

 

~Present~

 

“You are brave Jessica. Not many people would do that for someone they love.”

“Yuri...sometimes love is...I mean the love Taeyeon and I have is special.”

Yuri leaned against the glass door as they watched the guests outside, “What is special about you and Taeyeon? I mean one is a singer and the other an ex-tennis player but I am guessing that is not what you are referring to.”

Jessica smiled when she saw Taeyeon approaching them, “Jessica are you just staying inside because of the air-conditioning?”

“Yah! No I wasn’t.”

“She was staring at your ...” with that comment Yuri received a slap on her arm from a flustered Jessica while Taeyeon laughed at the two friends.

“Sica honey can you wrap up whatever you are doing so you can join in the party. You may not be a singer to understand but a new album release is a huge deal.”

“Yah! I know that! We celebrated all night doing...you know” Jessica gave a suggestive look before Taeyeon walked away laughing.

“Yo Sica please keep that PG around me.”

“Hehe sorry Yuri but to answer your question. Taeyeon and I are special because we know what sacrifice is.”

“Oh? You know what that is? I couldn’t tell when you threw away your whole career for her.”

“Not just in the literal sense! I mean how I sacrificed without giving up anything. I gave away something but gained more. That was true sacrifice and I have Taeyeon to thank for that. I am willing to do anything and everything for her. I know she thinks the same. That is what makes us special.”

“Well if you are giving me lectures on love, then I should believe you that you are indeed in love now but your wife looks like she wants us to go out there.” Yuri opened the sliding door and went out while Jessica looked from afar at her wife. There was no doubt in Jessica’s mind about anything they went through together because it will always be them together forever.

 

~END~

 


Author's Note

Thank you for those who upvoted (although didn't reach 100 so no epilogue -_-' ) and so many subscribers and comments! You readers made this story absolutly enjoyable to write because of the comments! I will miss you so much!! Please don't leave me though! I have other ongoing stories and they are all taengsic!

I just wrote a new one-shot: We Meet Again

Also, my longer story that is still going on is I Need You to Survive which will be at least 20 chapters long.