Closer

Sharapova's Grunt

 

Jessica was playing the best she ever had in her life, or that is what it felt like to her. She was on her way to making it to the finals of this tournament as well. Although, if she did make it, she would be playing her archrival, Sharapova. At the moment, Jessica was in the last set of this match. She was up 3-1 so only 3 more games she needed to win before she could redeem herself after an embarrassing loss before. Jessica was serving and she managed to ace the other girl. Jessica became all smiles when she saw the other girl getting tired and having trouble returning her shots. Right now she just wanted this game to end. If she wins, she gets to have her “reward” tonight along with a satisfying win.

 

------------------------------

 

Taeyeon was having trouble sleeping on her flight to New York. One would think with her endless schedules and the added pressure of the world tour, Taeyeon would love having a nice long and quiet time on the plane for sleep. Yet the girl was busy preparing her English for her American fans. She loved her American fans, but she only wished her English was better so she could communicate with them easier.

Taeyeon suddenly thought that she should have Jessica become her private tutor for English since she is from the USA. She then remembered that Jessica was somewhere in the USA at the moment. Previously, Taeyeon was good at remembering and keeping track of Jessica during her tournaments, but at the moment, Taeyeon was too busy to have the time to see how Jessica was doing these days. It was also assumed that Jessica was just as busy since Taeyeon didn’t receive many messages from Jessica either.

Taeyeon sighed and closed her eyes since she thought she should at least try and get some rest before her fans every bit of energy from her once they arrive.

“Taeyeon...wake up.”

Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes to see her manager standing over her, “Are we here?”

“Yea. We have to get off now.”

Taeyeon took her Ipad and bag, “Alright, I think I have everything.”

“Wait!.” Taeyeon looked back at her manager, “Your phone.”

“Oh, I don’t want to lose that.”

“How else will I get to nag you.” Her manager gave her a sheepish grin.

“Yah! You are not the only one that contacts me.” Taeyeon actually was only referring to Jessica, the one person she truly cared about contacting her.

 

It was truly a good effort by the American security to keep Taeyeon’s diehard fans at bay. Everyone thought Taeyeon was lucky to make it to her hotel in one piece since her fans almost caused a riot in the streets. Maybe her fame was out of control at this moment but it was expected since she was at the peak of her career.

Taeyeon’s manager stepped into Taeyeon’s room, “Okay we have your schedule for tomorrow. It begins with the fan meeting, then rehearsal, prep, the show, and then the VIP fan meeting.”

Taeyeon sat in boredom, “sounds like same schedule I had for the past 10 shows on this tour. How many VIP tickets did we allow for this stop?”

“We doubled it to 10 since you don’t come to the USA often. I know you are tired after the show and the extra people might be much, but try to bear with it. You just need to spend a little bit of time with each and take photos. Not that bad.”

Taeyeon sighed, “I wasn’t complaining, just trying to prepare myself mentally for tomorrow.”

 

Like everything Taeyeon said she did before, this day was no different. She met her crazy fans, did her usual rehearsal and was now in the middle of her same performance. The lights in this arena she thought were unusually bright. She wanted to see her fans better but the lights were blinding her from seeing clearly. It was funny because she thought she saw Jessica in the crowd. Yet Taeyeon shrugged it off since she thought other Americans might resemble Jessica.

Taeyeon stood on the stage once again for her final song. After begging her boss, Taeyeon got the final song to be exchanged for one she should have sang earlier. After singing I Miss You Like Crazy last time, she almost cried herself to sleep thinking how much she missed Jessica at that time. To prevent that from happening this time, she chose a much more enthusiastic song.

With the last note sung, Taeyeon waved goodbye to her fans and said a few closing remarks before heading off stage to her dressing room. She did a quick costume change to something she could meet her fans in. One by one the VIP customers came in to see Taeyeon. Taeyeon knew the tickets for this were pricy so she tried her best to shake off her tiredness and give them her full attention and smile.

The final girl walked into Taeyeon’s dressing room. Taeyeon’s eyes were ready to close but she managed to open them again to examine the girl from her feet towards her face. Taeyeon’s heart stopped when she looked at the girl before her. Never in her dreams would she expect to see the person standing in front of her at this moment.

 

-------------------------

 

Jessica hit her final that sealed a glorious victory. She played her way into the finals of the tournament with not many problems. After shaking the hands of her opponent, Jessica made her way off the court to shower and change quickly.

After getting out of the shower, Jessica looked at her phone pleased to see that she wasn’t going to be late. Jessica changed into her extra clothes before heading back to her hotel. She told her coach that they will review her next match over supper tomorrow so she could rest for a while. After looking at her phone once more, Jessica decided to change into clothes that would disguise her in case anyone could identify her while she was out.

Jessica made her way into the large arena and passed through the crowds to get to her seat. She looked up to see that she had a very good view of the stage. Maybe paying the extra for these tickets was a good thing she thought.

The lights dimmed and the performance started. Jessica watched in awe at the beautiful girl that graced the stage with her amazing singing voice. She was getting a bit jealous on how the fans of the singer were saying they loved her. Jessica wanted the singer to only be loved by her.

The show was long and exhausting, so Jessica was a bit glad the show was over. Security came over to Jessica and 9 other girls to go back and meet the singer. Jessica got her queue number which happened to be number 10. Already exhausted from playing her match earlier today, Jessica sighed in frustration that she was the last one to see the famous singer. However, being last might mean some extra time with the person she was here to see.

Jessica watched the girl that was before her exit the waiting room, “Miss you may go in.”

Jessica smiled happily to hear that it was finally her turn. She walked into the room and saw the singer who looked very tired. Her heart ached to see the singer slowly meeting her gaze because her eyes were struggling to stay open. Yet the singer met her gaze and they both looked at each other lovingly.

“Sica....” was all that the singer was able to stutter.

Jessica wanted to run to the girl and smother her with kisses but there were so many watchful eyes around the singer. “Hello, my name is Jessica it is nice to meet you.”

The singer looked at her questionably but noticed that they were not alone in the room like she thought, “Can I be left alone with her?”

“Will you be okay Taeyeon?”

“Don’t worry about it. I will call you back when we are done.”

“Okay we will be right outside the door.” Taeyeon nodded and watched the door close behind Jessica.

When she heard the door shut, Jessica wasted no time and ran over to Taeyeon to hug the petite body and nuzzle her head in Taeyeon’s neck. “Mmm I don’t want to let you go.”

Taeyeon smiled and squeezed the girl in her arms, “You won’t have to once you are done with your tournament.”

Jessica smiled while soaking in every bit of Taeyeon’s warmth, “I liked your performance.”

Taeyeon allowed some space between them so she could look at Jessica in her eyes, “I can’t believe that you are here.”

“Now you know how I felt when you came to see me play.”

“It makes me want you to be in my audience every performance.”

“Just like I wish you were in the stands of all of my games.”

“I wish that was possible.”

Jessica inched closer to Taeyeon’s lips, “me too...” Jessica softly brushed her lips on Taeyeons’. Taeyeon smiled when she felt the soft lips on her own, “I also want this after every game.”

Taeyeon laughed, “I would also want that every performance.” The two girls resumed sharing small kisses and enjoying the closeness that was almost forgotten.

 

 

 


Author's note

As an apology for giving some readers trouble reading the last chapter, I did a quick update with fluff!!! Also much longer. 

So don't hate your author for making things difficult for you....

Enjoy!!!